Recent purchases/recent work?

Got yourself a new car, new tools, new parts?
Done some work on your beloved automobile lately?

Show it off here!

Put in a rear-view camera & mounted two small LED lights on the rear of my Hilux yesterday & today

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Ships-Control-Valve-Vehicles-16022-PLC-J01/dp/B00QU5TZSW/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1483338369&vehicle=2002-59-752-------------0&sr=1-1&ymm=2002:honda:civic&keywords=iacv 2002 honda civic
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

which rear view camera did you get?

Wireless one from Biltema, scandic version of Harbor Freight

Wireless, super quick to engage, easy to setup, no interference, 7" screen and very nice price

I just bought this intake and carb over the last few weeks, add some headers as well

The cleanliness of that thing gives me tingling in the right places

I agree. Aluminum intakes are sexual

Replacement for my '04 CR-V that got totaled a couple weeks ago, though I've been pining for a truck for years. First vehicle I've ever bought myself, so this is a whole new feeling to me.

Would help if I remember the damn picture

Just did the front brakes on my cuhrolla. Now I have to wait for the back brakes to get here

>new rear axle
>new midpipe
>new manifold (with CAT)
>sikk fartmuffler
ayy limon

Drilled and slotted rotors

Nigga are you serious right now?

Take that edelbrock carb and chuck it.

Had a guy at my work who's good at fabricating and building shit, make some plates for where my bumper goes, going to use them to strengthen my frame and maybe put a thing to tow stuff.

Also changed both my front calipers, was easy peezy.

Nah senpai, it'll be fine for a street strip motor and it's the right size

Made some better mounts for hid ballasts

bought this to flip. 00 ex 5sp

What does it need?

guy said it needed a headgasket. I checked the oil when I looked it over and it had 2 whole gallons in it. Agreed with him "yeah man I'm not looking for a project right now could you go this much cheaper"? He agreed and I took the excess oil out at the house and its fine now.

>two gallons

'the fuck, was he convinced that he owned a Mercedes or something?

shits and giggles

got these to go on the flip car too

Bought it yesterday

Needs a service bad though and the alloys are corroded and peeling because the last faggot prob didn't look after it, getting them done during the week

Winter tires and rimz for 400 Canadian pesos

Bought a car cover.

Got some new Chinese tires in the mail. Gonna try to find a spot to install them tomorrow hopefully. Also new rotors and pads in the front. I need to get back in there and replace the slide pin boots. That doesn't take much time at all though. Rear brakes need work next when I get the chance.

It's been raining for over thirty hours straight so shit is on hold for a while now.

i havent gotten enough (You)'s lately

but i bought this 1980 Valiant wagon the other weekend for $500, i thought it was a bargain

Hope you got disks in the back cause I sure don't

Yeah I'm fortunate in that a previous owner did a GSR brake swap all around.

The rears are all fucked up right now. May or may not need new calipers. The fronts are strong as fuck now, though.

Looks solid. Just hit that rust hard

Tried taking one of the drums off the other day and in was coming off in chunks lol

the chassis railing is fantastic condition, the only rust is the panel rust you can see in the photo and the rear tailgate which the previous owner stuck checkerplate book laminate straight over the top of the rust. Other than that its in great shape, im excited to get it running

how much? whats a good price range? ive had cheap shit before that bled their colour into my paint which pissed me off

what is it?

I watched ChrisFix's new video on drums and I still don't wanna mess with them. Yeah they last much longer but discs are so much easier to work with.

$4000 202k miles

I like it but I regret buying it with all these problems popping up.

>transmission is fucked, might be a bearing, I don't know
>hatch won't close
>CEL at 2k rpms
>ugly headlights and tail lights

but I figure it's old enough to be relatively simple for a complete newbie like myself

Nothing yet, considering buying a black vue dash cam though

Yeah disk brakes are stupid easy after doing them the first time. I'll probably just set aside a day and take my time for the drums

Simoniz premium car cover, I think it was 150$

Looks good man I like how the body is sleek. No bullshit tacked on the doors or anything

>$150
yeah mine that bled was $30, i thought i was going a little overboard at my next one at $60 but i hope for $150 you got a good deal

thanks man, i like it too

i already have 2 family members who told me to sell it to them first if i sell it

>breast cancer rally armor flaps
Your Mazda makes me so hard.

>2 gallons
Those fucking y8s hold only 3.4 quarts of oil holy fugggg

It's held up nicely so far, hate that condensation builds up under it when it gets really cold.

I guess that's normal?

Got a beautiful 99 Saab 9-5 hatch for $2750, 140k miles on it, fresh tires, full documentation and service history. Its been well cared for, regularly serviced, and smells like a box of crayons inside. Currently getting ready to do basic work such as fluid changes as soon as my new job lets me have a day off.

The layout is funky as hell, but damn do I love this thing. Smooth and quiet, and damn quick if I turn on sport mode. Coming from a camry, this thing is fucking rad, 10/10 would buy a 90s luxury car again.

Bought a project DD for the winter, still trying to get it to run properly. Spent 20 bucks getting an air intake which didn't solve the problem. I'm scared I'm gonna have to get a 400 dollar IACV to fix it.
What car

what the fuck kind of hitch is that?

what trucker is that?

From the dealer? Check Amazon. Dealers will rip you a new one on a part like that because they're a common part that fails in these cars.

amazon.com/Ships-Control-Valve-Vehicles-16022-PLC-J01/dp/B00QU5TZSW/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1483338369&vehicle=2002-59-752-------------0&sr=1-1&ymm=2002:honda:civic&keywords=iacv 2002 honda civic

>4 grand for a foxbody with 202k miles

I'd be a very poor guy without you, Shingu.

Glad to help. I'm surprised it's so cheap. Mine was pricey. Not dealership pricey, though.

I've asked all over the Internet on foxbody forums and the general consensus is that 4000 is a decent price, not good by any means but decent. The body and frame are in really good shape and the interior is almost mint.

>>transmission is fucked, might be a bearing, I don't know
>>hatch won't close
>>CEL at 2k rpms

Seems like it should have been $2-3000

It's like you're doing everything wrong on purpose? It's damp, covered in a tarp and standing on soil. There will be mold and rust coming your way

>I guess that's normal?
I don't know if it's normal, but it sure don't seem good

>he bought a Mazda
Enjoy your astronomical repair bills.

I painted my engine, just gotta sand blast the throttle body and balancer pulley and give em some fresh paint and we good to go.

I killed my 6.5 Suburban.
Most likely an oil pump failure while it was idling.

bought shitbox for 200
>replaced whole ignition system (leads actually had chafed themselves to the core)
>changed air filter
>blasted the whole engine bay with degreaser and water
>fixed center console that wasnt screwed in
>fixed glovebox that wasnt screwed in
>fixed shit water leak on the roof with some silicone
>replaced fuses (water leaked onto them and corroded the fuck out of the lot)
>greased all the door hinges to stop them all squeaking and shit
probably could sell it for a grand at this point but i really wanna get it running and see what else i can do to improve it

>Mazda
>needing repairs

Also know loads of mechanics so getting bits fixed is ez

Bought this thing a couple weeks ago.
Runs just fine but since she's sat in a garage most of her life i figured i'd change the essentials.
Done so far is
>Oil, oil filter, fuel filter. Transmission fluid coming up
>Practically the whole ignition system save for wires. going to get some OEM ones at ford soon enough
>temperature sensor, thermostat
Done some touch-up on the rear bumper+flaps (Heat gun+ meguiars ultimate trim restorer worked well enough)

Runs like a clock. Got her some bitchin' RS wheels for the summer, also looking into some light tint for the rear windows.
Other than that it'll remain bone stock.

There's seemingly tons of Saabs where I live and they seem like fun little cars without being too expensive, though I don't know how annoying they are to work on. Also that aircraft history jives with my aviation nerdism.

Would consider buying one as a more economical DD in the next year or so

Fucking CV axle on my 4runner. I just thank the gods that none of the nuts were seized on. Dirty fucking job with the old cracked boot. Glad I got it done as they probably wouldn't pass me in inspection with a split boot

I bought a goddamn Prius. A plug-in Prius at that.

My excuse is that I run it on electricity-only on 99% of all drives and that the gas saved can be used for upkeep the Lexus.
Plus, the wife loves it and it's pretty damn convenient with it's smooth CVT tranny and radar cruise control.

Oh, and I also found a genuine OEM trailer hitch and complete OEM wiring kit for the Lexus. So I'm happy about that. No more carrying all sorts of crap on the roof

>Plus, the wife loves it
does her son love it too?

We only have a daughter between us

Yeah those cars are easy enough to deal with

>drop a t5 in it
>bad bushing on the latch stud. $5 at auto zone
>probably a broken vacuum line
>white people replacement lights are fairly cheap

2010 mazda 6 sport

Normal ball hitch for normal trailers and caravans. Covered by a rubber thingy.

It's a car cover, was dry when I covered it, and I don't have a flat gravel surface :/

If I park it on the street, I risk getting towed again.

I'm thinking maybe the cover isn't allowing the car interior to breath thus the condensation.

I had the same problem with my hatch.

Go to your local hardware store and get 1/2 inch inside diameter silicone tubing. I would unscrew the hatch bolt (Torx T40?) And take it into to the store to ensure fitments inside tubing.

It won't close probably because your bushing is shot. Little piece of plastic that goes around bolt.

Got the soil part figured out and I added bowls of baking soda jnside

>tfw OCD about well being of car.

>
>>drop a t5 in it
already has one, maybe I'll try and find a scrap yard and see if there's a wrecked of Fox
>>bad bushing on the latch stud. $5 at auto zone
was no bushing when I got it, already out one on, still won't close
>>probably a broken vacuum line
I'll look into that after I check the code
>>white people replacement lights are fairly cheap
yeah, along with a new transmission possibly and some hatchback supports, lights are on my list of things to replace. Will see if I can get some from a wrecked fox as well as a tranny

Standard European 50mm/1 31⁄32 in non-removable towing rig & ball

It's been a long process...

but the vision is becoming a reality boys

That's an impressive undertaking. What the fuck are you doing?

Making it faster and funner really. We have sand dunes nearby I'll probably use it at.

new suspension

new (old) wheels

Let the Veeky Forums Audi hate floooow.

fabric softener does a good job of killing mold without fucking up your interior, currently battling some in my MR2 myself.

pic related is good for getting rid of condensation as well.

I've always wanted one of those bubbly audis. But I'm poor and my already shallow wallet would get raped

it's a nice color, any more pictures?

>project DD

I thought DD's are for daily use and projects are for being torn apart and sitting in the garage for periods of time?

There's a bit of a learning curve with the layout, but everything is there. I haven't really gotten in to the nitty-gritty work on it yet, but things like the fluid caps and such are well marked and easy to drain (that may just be the good service history though), so it seems like they've made the mechanical side of things with a bit more sense (unlike interior controls, which are all in the center. My doors look like the fucking Sahara, same color and about as empty).

Economical is up in the air though. I've not done the milage count myself, but I'm guessing it's doing around 20-30mpg city. It's certainly more thirsty than my camry was. Next time I fill up I'll write the numbers down and do the math, but I don't expect anything above 35.

Best thing about this car is how much of a sleeper it is. Holy shit, I've been blowing away bmws coming out the German mod Shop/dyno down the road every time, and I reckon with a few improvements like better injectors and an aftermarket ecu tuned at the dyno this thing could be an absolute beast. Good thing the American wangan is ten minutes away...

> I've been blowing away bmws coming out the German mod Shop/dyno down the road every time

things that didn't happen for 500 alex

>Toyota clearly visible on the tailgate
>Not removing the TO at the start and TA at the end so the tail gate just says YO

It's like the 90's taught you nothing.

fuck off

The average BMW coming out of that shop is a 32something-i that just got new dubs. I wanted to sound cooler than I am

a month ago Veeky Forums was mocking me for buying a salvage car.

this car is fucking nice and repairs are almost done and only cost me about 800$

new headlights, bumper, fender, turn signals, frame pull, some wiring, and paint. oh and a hood.

How much did the insurance fuck you on it?

Mazda B-Series pickup. Mazda version of the Danger Ranger.

nice, just saw one for sale. It's yellow tho

Fresh from the detail shop today.

how much did you pay for it?

>tfw 1st gen Audi TT 225 quattro in that exact colour is my dream car
>stuck with a C-class Benz until I've got enough years no-claims discount to not get insurance-raped

Where do you live? You should run a quote on Geico - this is an '05 and I'm only paying $95 a month w/comprehensive.

Replaced the broken plastic headlight gears in my 2002 C5 with brass ones.