Retard friend convinced me to buy an antique car

my dumb ass was convinced to buy a shit box 1978 mg midget, i don't know anything about cars. how did i get so cucked, Veeky Forums?

>inb4 3k civic

could be worse

It's just the availability of parts that's your concerned? If you don't like it or think it' too much of a headache just get rid of it.

at least it looks clean you could have done worse

hey can both of you stop being so sensible i'm trying to shitpost here

>Massachusetts plate

Come to my garage and let me put a busa motor in it

OP do this

nigga, that was a good purchase.

>rwd
>light
>decent amount of parts
>clean

You did alright, OP. They're anemic, but everything is easy to work on. I'd try to add suspension mods more power to take it autocross and drive along beaches.

If you wanted to learn about cars, it was a good purchase.

so it actually i she a pretty good purchase, 50,000 miles, $3k, nothing mechanically wrong, little rust, babied its whole life. i just like bitching

That is an excellent car. You better take good fucking care of it.

>how did i get so cucked, Veeky Forums?
You didn't.
It's a neat car, though parts might not be that easy to come by in the USA.

Moss motors, Victoria British and eBay will be your friend. My first project car was a spitfire 1500 (same engine as you). Fantastic car to learn on.

midgets are notorious garbage.
if you don't want it just sell it again. 3k shouldn't be hard with good paint.

>antique
>1978

That's actually a pretty sweet car user

>somehow owning a car gayer than a Miata
>current year

having fucked a dude in a car before, i can tell you gay sex would be terrible in there.

Can't tell but is that the non metal bumper? You bought a car that really isn't the desirable ones. Have fun though just cruisin' around during the summer with the top down. Maybe your mum or wife will enjoy it.

>not desirable
i desire it. i have it. SUCK ON MY LOGICAL NUTS, user

100% cooler than a miata

just saying man, little rust can turn into big rust real fuckin quick

the first thing I do to any car I buy is get a couple of quarts of POR-15 (~$100), then put it on a lift or jackstands and rusproof the fuck out of it

the main areas of concern are usually the wheelwells and any thin exposed steel, I take off the fender liners and paint all up in there, I usually take off the control arms and paint them as well

you can use it to paint over existing rust, but it's good to strip it down as much as possible first

if the rust is in a repairable place, fixing it is the best way to go

should'veboughtamiatatbh