First Car

What would you recommend as a first car, also what was yours

Honda Civic
Toyota Celica

depends on what you want, prob a civic or something cheap and shitboxy. will get you around.

mine was a 77 dodge van, bought in 2014

>Recommend as first car
New edge stang
>What was yours
Lexus sc300

would you recommend upgrading it, if so with what

No.

depends on what you get

ofcourse something affordable ( probably around 5-10 k ) but also something that has noise

$10k for a first car is a bad idea

How come ?

dont make your car loud

it sounds like shit and no one likes it

if anything get a decent but still quiet exhaust, nice wheels, and good suspension

My first car was an 89 Civic with 110k miles, I repainted it and did some minor work on it. I bought it back in 2000 and drove it tell 2006 when the head gasket blew. I had racked up 210k miles total. Not bad for a car that I only paid $900 for. Older Civics are great starter cars.

Honda Civiv, a nice realiable basic car

I am against getting new drivers a sporty car of any kind, even old sporty shitboxes that arent that fast are a bad idea

Everytime I see young newb drivers always have the sporty cars rekt and scraped up.

Hmm, you're probably right.
Is it easy to do some work on a civic ?

You're going to destroy it or someone else will destroy it.

Don't fucking rice it out either, it's a waste of money.

I know what you mean.

>first car

First version snek, that way darwinism can take out all the shitty drivers.

>My first car

Nissan sentra se r spec v

the cheapest most retard proof beater you can find.

Very easy, and cheap too. My first car was an old honda accord and was perfect for me to practice and learn driving in, kept it for two years.

After I got good experience I then was able to get a sporty car when I could more safely handle it. If I would had a sports car right off the bat I probably would have killed myself. Always see 18 year olds with fast cars and its obvious by how they drive that they cant handle the cars at all

My first car: 1997 F-150
Recommend: For your average kid who's not going hunting or other innawoods shit, any old cheap sedan that runs well and is easy enough to maintain.
*coughCorollacough*

lolyes civic is the ultimate "first car" not only are they cheap and plentiful, they're forgiving of all kinds of maintenance from running on no oil until someone tells you "you should really put oil in your car" to pushing it too far and banging guardrails (just don't get creamed by something bigger than you which will be everything). They also have a huge aftermarket and modding community, probably even in your are

pic related was my first car it was pretty sporty but I didn't do turbo maintenance on it. Went through an engine and turbo swap but eventually the electronics just gave up. I probably would have been able to repair them in the year of our lord 2017 though.

Don't listen to these faggots telling you to buy a Civic.
My first car in high school was a 98 Civic EX and since then I cannot stop buying Civics. My current/second car is a 11 Civic Si and I am even considering getting the 17 Civic Si or Type-R now that I'm making good money.
It's like a fucking curse man but I like it.

>recommend
corolla, camry, celica, falcodore
any shitbox thats in every wrecking yard for cheap parts
>my first car
77 corolla, it was so easy to work on and it never broke down after i fixed it

>Recommend
cheap manual shitbox for under 5 grand. If you're financing your first car, you may be making a sketchy financial decision.

>my first car

Pic related, 04 6 speed maxima SE with 182k on the clock. bought from a nog and it looks like a nog car so u don't expect to see someone pale as fuck like me driving it. still have it, it's a good old shitbox. bought it for $2500

I just bought this last week.

It's only had one other owner and is in fantastic condition. Starting work on it today to degrease and tidy up the usual old-age wear and tear before I wet-sand and re-clearcoat the roof and bonnet.

>Recommended first car.
M8 if I knew anything about cars I probably wouldn't have bought a baby Benz as my own.

92 Mercury Topaz for both.

Got mine when admitted into college

>Parent's 2012 Fiesta
Bretty sweet

Would get a k series engine civic