youtube.com/watch?v=0-xgO_UAfMM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

anime

cara

Excellent post!

4ever

>"""ironically""" shitty meme pictures are funny

nice

I used the wheel collider in one of my previous unity projects and that thing is beyond crappy
I had nothing but problems with it, it was nearly impossible to force it into acting realistic like a real wheel would, so i'm glad i decided to not used any wheels for the landing gear in my ship.

The doors are controlled by a script, since their opening is a simple single axis rotation, using the animator would be an overkill.
Yeah, for the clusters I will have to slap together some nice pattern to make them pretty like in movies, depends on how well will it work in the game, the main thing is to keep them from colliding with each other.

The ship is controlled by simple WSAD for movement, and mouse for looking around. There is also full dual-stick controller support, which is preferable since it's more similar to what real pilots use. If you mean the actual movement it is done purely by using physics, the ship simulates thruster usage for turning. What do you mean by perspective?

Why there are so many versions of Photon?

this 2bh

it's unironically the peak of my graphical editing capabilities and i gave my best to my favorite general which is always filled to brim with high quality content and no shitposting

It's supposed to be snake. I don't know what I made instead...

kek

amazing

Use missiles to shoot down your own missiles. Missileception

youtube.com/watch?v=q-tNe14zikg

We're all sons of the idiots.

Store raw binary data like a bitmap the size of the array
store 1 for do process
0 for don't
Then do bitwise lookup

Shoot down enemy missiles with your own missiles. That'd be pretty frickin sweet.

That is the idea actually. I added colliders on missiles precisely for this reason. When enemy comes at the player from a distance, the player will be able to shoot down their projectiles and missiles.
I feel like space robin hood.

So yeah. Going fine.

If you limit the number of missiles that AI and player can carry at any one time, that'd be a great way to balance missiles and force the use of guns.

>mixels
>rixels
>2D lighting
>physics
meme game

Player's resources will be scarce so he won't be wasting missiles in any case.
It's funny though, at one time in modern combat the army actually considered removing all guns from their new jets and only using missiles.

PROGRESS :D
youtube.com/watch?v=DbGH4Ga2Dks&t=3s

They didn't consider it, they litterally did that, with the Phantoms in the good ol days. Got to be so bad during 'nam, they litterally bolted gunpods on without accurate aiming implements, just to have something. Pic related.

I hope you like making a lot of money, user

Thanks friend!

Money is nice, I wouldn't mind no.

Are you the glitchy horror 2D game dev?

If you mean Uncanny Valley, yeah. How did you know?

Should Lua interface be even more abstracted than in this example, to keep things simple for modders?

The artstyle is very similar. While you're here, did the game make enough to live off? What digits ended up in your pocket?

Fucking hell, it really is just a bug with the wheel colliders. I put together this ultra simple test case with a car with 4 wheels. If the wheels ever come to a complete stop, they just will not budge from an outside force pushing on the object like a thruster.

Unity not us :^)

We have a different artist now, but yeah it's still 2d pixel.

Mmm, I don't want to share my total bank info, but we sold enough for me to live off it for a few months. I was looking for a AAA game job as well as it wasn't a huge hit that could fund my next projects and I wanted a break from indie life. So after that I put my earnings into savings and I just live off my day job in a tripple A game job.

Then a few months ago we were on Humble Game Maker Bundle, which gave us a huge boost in money. Console version is coming soon, so I'm hoping for another boost.

>tfw Source actually IS better than Unity

Ghost Trick meets commandos?
Sign me up!
Good game user.

Modders aren't entitled to any more than the developer needs.

poal.me/rj24r0 poal.me/rj24r0 poal.me/rj24r0
Also post jam game ideas.

Those two were my inspiration. Didn't play Ghost Trick before last week actually, but it has some similar things.

Other inspiration is also Neighbours from Hell, where you played pranks. Really cool little games.

>see novel idea, guaranteedmoney.jpg
>turns out the guy behind it is a professional
guess I shouldn't be surprised

Hypothetically, lets say I survived on £800 ($1000), would the total that you, personally, got cover me for 12 months?

Also which console and how does that work, did you decide to port to it or does the owner company send you a generic email?

>novel idea
lol

Yeah, you would be easily covered for more than 12 months.

A publisher wrote to me after PC release, if I am interested in console. They financed the whole thing (paid port people, ratings, etc.) and is collecting money from only the console version sales.

I am not a professional programmer, but working in an AAA environment gave me a lot of insight in game development. Mostly organizational stuff.

loli jam

>I am not a professional programmer, but working in an AAA environment
may I ask what profession you are in?

Thanks for the answers. I hope to be in your position at some point.

QA engineer. I do map and functionality testing, but I also script things for AI (for testing purposes). I want to be a game designer and then director, eventually, but it's hard work to achieve those positions. One day.

Sorry for the low quality, but I've done some serious optimizations, feels good.

You've come a long way!

what is this game going to be about. You could make an awesome sim ant

Yeah it's been a long confusing road, totally worth it though, learned a lot about different optimization techniques

>I want to be a game designer and then director, eventually
considering the game you're making right now in your free time, I think you wont have much trouble moving up the ranks
or running your own studio for that matter

Looks good, but it seems like you're two inches tall.

Astroneer 2.0?

In what way?
>yfw your shitpost gets a serious reply

woah

You're using the marching cubes to do that? Didn't think it would work.

- Redid all the animations (will make another webm soonish to show em off)
- 2nd enemy, a zombie

I know I'm slow as heck, but job keeps throwing overtime at me

Aw, you're too kind.

Running my studio is the ideal, but it takes a lot of money. Working on Uncanny Valley I managed 4 people and it went... fine for the most part. Wasn't well organized. A lot of the game was designed with "wouldn't it be cool if..." And then we pilled shit on top of shit and it turned out half baked, buggy and some systems were broken/stupid. But I learned.

Now I'm working with an artist and composer/sound guy, so only 2 people and my organizational skills improved greatly. I don't do anything without making a prototype with all the features (to see what works and what doesn't) and I need to write a game design document, asking myself all the important questions. I usually start with just writing a few pages of questions, then answering them (with more questions usually).

how much did you end up making off UV at the end of the day?

Yep, both the unoptimized and optimized versions are marching cubes, just one with better code.

The best I seem to be able to do is giving each wheel a nonzero, but very tiny motor torque so that it's always willing to move.

I wrote it here For my first indie game I earned more than I thought.

hahahaha, holy shit
it's a chaos theory version of game of life

Looks great, if minecraft haven't existed you would've made a lot of dosh

What the fuck is the enemy doing? Otherwise I like the 2.5d view.

THEY'LL BEAT YOU
THEY'LL KICK YOU
THEY'LL TELL YOU IT'S FAIR
SO, BEAT IT
IF YOU WANNA BE BAD
JUST BEAT IIIIIIIIIT

I've been lurking for a while and there seems to be a lot of hate against using Unity 2D. Would using Godot be any better?

thanks friend

A stupid post from a stupid person.

Jack-O learned how to walk! Animation looks like dogshit but will do for a first try.

I think I made task priorities work for this colony simulator.

But I'm not sure on what will happen later when a task can't be finished, or when priorities are changed at runtime.

Anyone with UE4 behaviour tree experience can give me his opinion?

I wrote how it works on the picture itself because I think it will make it easier

How's this looking?

cool beans
if you ever need the help of a professional software dev I'm usually in this thread
and I'm also in the discord

Where'd you get the model?

Lilith?

if you give him 6 eyes like the shading accidentally suggests then it would be cool

Been fucking around for a few days on a KOTOR-esque RPG running on slightly simplified GURPS rule system. You can move around, switch which character you're controlling, beat on or shoot an unresponsive enemy sphere, distribute skill points and buy advantages, do some skill checks, like in dialogue or try to lockpick a box off in the corner, and have stilted conversations in an ugly dialogue window. Still on the list is any sort of AI, all the interface screens, like equip, level up, inventory, and so on, and maybe change the way you use skills.

After that, Ill have to see if my artbro can do 3D as good as he does oil paint. If not then Ill just get him to do some "Concept art".

Can't help but in case nobody responds - go to Unreal's unofficial Discord chat where you will find tons of experienced devs.

Ripped from the game then rigged and animated by hand - only downgraded PS3 models can be ripped with rigs.

Thanks. I've never used discord, but in case nobody responds (likely) I will just keep trying stuff by myself.

blink

How do I model a cave in Blender? Or any kind of 3D platformer level for that matter?

deformed sphere

Here, now with smooth shading and legs!

Is it cute? I'll add clothes later

Weird, looks like the instance_create() function isn't in Game Maker 2 yet.

Starting working on the game again, been really busy for a while.
Engine fully loads levels now (platforms/characters/background art). The levels should be more interesting now that I have a lot of flexibility with designing them using my editor.
youtube.com/watch?v=0-xgO_UAfMM

Planning for a new demo in February assuming I don't get too busy.

That looks cool, I'm loving that 2.5D style.

Quoted wrong post.

I think you quoted the wrong guy.
Did you want to reply to the guy making the UE4 chick with bouncy hair?
I'm the one doing the Behaviour Trees in UE4 though.

Progress:
Saving and Loading UI
(still needs a little work)

Oh, I think I found it.
Now it's instance_create_layer() and if I understand the manual correctly it's the same but now it requires specifying the layer too.

ok got the map working well, and starting to work out the unit system, which is the little triangles indicating the f-22's

but what about the cool glowy eyes

I quoted the wrong guy yeah, it was for the webm of the girl with the floating sword.

No idea what this is, but looks good. Are you using some GIS library or is it from scratch?

that shit is rad and needs to be in the game

I can't wait to see more of this, I hope it gets really CUHRAYZEE.

aaaaaand the last card in 2016

For the soundtrack of my game I want songs that sound like old school midi songs. Sort of like Runescape.
Does anyone know/have any good ways of composing that kind of music?

That looks amazing dude!

I enjoy following your progress.

the map client is from scratch in python, used maptile to generate the map, still need to implement importing shape files for the borders and such to make it more interactive...will prob need a data base as well thinking about it

joj reference?