/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

Remembering fallen anons edition.

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:

Gamescom Siege video:
youtube.com/watch?v=pv2qb66PbUg
youtube.com/watch?v=6rq-fEc1N0

Interviews with Armagan at Gamescom '16:
youtube.com/watch?v=3ZcBAGtXvpk

Last blog:
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/16

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/KWwG6gsy

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

M&B VERSION ARCHIVES
>ftp://ftp.taleworlds.com/

>user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df
>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

Module Recommendations :
>Undead Calradia
moddb.com/mods/undead-calradia
>Gekonewer
mega.nz/#F!itxViDAT!PhBfJWsjATkdqN28V2kZ5g
>Dickplomacy 4.3.0.7b
mega.nz/#!mQQmBQ5a!tomenTON1qzCZ-kiVG9vlHz7LqoY1Hmwi-kQrq43Hhw

>"I made a mod recently or updated it. Wat do?"
Link to the OP in your post so that it might be easier to find for the one making the next OP (also for regular people).

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/mods/undead-calradia
forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,358590.0.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for a mod in which AGIanon won't need to put points into AGI

Do you think Alex still comes here?

third for muh dicc

Skyrim

so what awoiaf mod shoudl you use?

a good question and i will try to explain why this mod is different. Do you want a game thats more realistic or has extra survival aspects? Do you want to explore the world of ASOIAF without being tied to the story or being limited with the same outcome we all already know about? Do you want to be able to kill the lords and other npcs for good changing the story for yourself? Maybe your fed up of constant crashes and want to enjoy a game without the needless tweaks to accommodate for poor optimisation? Possibly you prefer a true gritty representation of the world in A Game of Thrones? Or you just want to join the Nights Watch, Dothraki, the Wildlings or create an army of the Unsullied? Or even maybe want to create an army dedicated to the Lord of Light or one of the many other Gods in the Game of Thrones universe?
If you answered yes to at least one of these then you should try this mod and see how fun it can be. I look forward to hearing your feedback, positive or otherwise. Have fun!!

i'm posting this every thread until the ginge sees it and realise that one of /mbg/ died without playing bannerlord. and to honour the user's dying wish.

he probably didn't die

I did die I just didn't feel like blogposting about it

What did Saxon Dragon mean by this?

>showfags

in nomine patris, aaaamen~
in nomine patris, aaaamen~

well since you don't even know what skills it governs:
>weapon master
>shield
>athletics
>riding
>horse archery
>looting

>but the skill doesn't do anything!
except for giving you 10 weapon points to spend per level, and slightly increasing your movement speed and attack speed per point
to be fair strength as it stands is a much more powerful attribute than agi, it's not that agi is useless so much as str is just way more effective
if you wanted to logically overhaul the attribute and skills (just looking at str/agi mainly right now) you'd change them like so:
>split str into two stats, with one overriding agility: str and end
>str is your physical and martial prowess, therefore it governs these: power skills, weapon master, shield (shield could debatably be end)
>end is your physical endurance and vitality: therefore it governs these: ironflesh, athletics, riding, horse archery
>looting could be moved to int
>str is altered so that it now passively increases damage, attack speed, and gives 10 weapon points
>end is altered so it now passively gives health per point and movement speed

>str is just way more effective
Not really

well considering you get comparable damage, and passive damage (since you have to have 30 str to get 10 ps unless you're in VC) and a passive +30 health, i'd say it is
splitting str and end would be better i think since it'd require melee characters to put in more investment so they can't just do 30str/30int

It's also not showing the increased attack and movement speed that AGI and WM will give you.

It's also not showing the fantastic nigger speeds you can reach with high riding which you need AGI for as well. Health is pretty overrated and 30str/30int sounds pretty miserable if it's at the complete expense of agi.

No, please. No more.

attack speed isn't that big of a deal in native since weapons are for the most part fast anyway
most people don't even get high proficiency in their playthrough, if agi was that good you'd see everyone do agi builds rather than str builds on their first playthrough as well
>Health is pretty overrated
definitely not in native since there's no battle continuation
not as big of a deal on the field, but in sieges health can be very important if you're on the walls on either side really
>and 30str/30int sounds pretty miserable if it's at the complete expense of agi.
most people seem to find 12 agi to be enough as it nets you 4 riding, while still managing 30str/30int

AGI doesn't give significant DPS, you might be able to kill units with masterwork weapons and a 50% speed horse but that's all, you should get at least 7 powerstrike
Oh and the movespeed is insignificant

tfw no bannerlord

>That would actually require you to reach level 46 assuming you have the lowest possible int at 4.
Wait I just realised I fucked up this whole calculation. Just ignore this. The required level should be at least 10 levels lower, I'm retarded.

>playing a low proficiency character feels sluggish after playing a very high one.
well yeah but maining agi won't take that away for a while
even with high WP it takes a while to level proficiency later on
>How is what other people, especially beginners who would be ignorant of game mechanics, relevant?
because a lot of the time what people naturally gravitate towards is close to the "meta"
>Actually I find health more useful in some other mods than I do in native
i was mainly just saying native to be consistent
>That would actually require you to reach level 46 assuming you have the lowest possible int at 4
entirely depends on character choices
>Also noteably there's little point in getting more than 27 int
it was just more to say what the "best" build is or whatever

I get a runtime error with VC after I installed the submod from the pastebin for user's Mods.

The pastebin says the submod was updated for version 2.028, but is it possible that the invasion patch for Warband somehow fucked up compatibility?

>tfw deleted the wrong post
I should just go to bed

AGI is objectively the best attribute either way because you need it for horse archery

when did you download it

Today.

ginge here. Saw it. won't honor your dumbass shit

tick "load textures on demand"

>load textures on demand

It was already ticked. Unless I'm supposed to untick it.

neck yourself cunt

suck-start a shotgun you little faggot

you don't have anything dumb on like pixel shaders or edit mode right

No. I don't even know what those are.

goddamnit
try and install the files one at a time and launch, see if you can find the problem file
for some reason i've been having loads of problems with this recent update, it's really fucking annoying

I'll try that, gotta re-install VC first though since I didn't back up my base files like an idiot. Thanks for trying.

another guy was having a similar issue and everything got resolved for him, so i don't know what it could be this time

I haven't played dickplomacy for like 4 months. Anything new of note?

Why are all the lords like this on one of my save files?

started a new game after loading a save game, or vice versa, don't remember which
either way your save is fucked

if you changed the skins and reloaded the save this is to be expected

Why won't the slings in user's modded 1257 AD work for me? I hold down left click but nothing happens on releasing, it just continues spinning

I didn't touch any skins. Sounds more like what is saiyan.

Does the problem go deeper than the borked lord faces? I can start all over, tbqh. I have a lot of free time. Just want to avoid this type of savegame corruption.

>another guy was having a similar issue and everything got resolved for him

Do you recall what he did or was did he say something like "nvm fixed ;)"

The user that made it planned to add naval battles or something but then he went fucking nuts and removed his mod from nexus and moddb.

A lot of user's submods aren't working right since the last invasion warband patch. Something went fucky

well it was because i had the wrong text files in the zip and i forgot to update one of the resource files, but i've patched it about three times since and all of his issues went apparently
the main problem is i don't have these issues so i have to wait until other people do to test them
i used to use the ftp site to grab the latest version and make a vanilla version to test with but i can't get to it anymore for some reason
it's the looping animation code, sometimes it can cause weapons that loop to get stuck (sling and flail)
it requires some practice to get used to how it works but it does actually work, it isn't broken
the staff sling doesn't have any looping so it fires like a crossbow/firearm

Nope, happened to me in dickplomac, played for like 1500 days and everything was normal

That's a real shame.

Its Bashar Al Assad!

How's ACoK 3.0?

What troop tree should I play with in Floris? Expanded or native?
t. vanilla++ pleb

Expanded. If you're going to play a meme mod you better go all the way, faggot.

Any good magnets?

Play another Native expansion.

>pirating indie games
>pirating good indie games

Alradeady did, but deleted everything

I'm back into the addiction, hence why I was asking.

it's less than $5 on steam right now

>Steam

you can use the CD key from steam to redeem it from the TW site

post you're character /mbg/ and tell a story behin him/her

expanded, reworked and native is just garbage

this is b8

>trying to reason with niggers

you can get it for less than $5 on other sites faggot

Playing as a Marshal bastard on 1257, started out in Henry III army before heading across France and Italy as a tourney knight, went off to the holy land and helped win most of Egypt for the crusader states as a mercenary, came home and back to serving the English crown again, launched a counter attack against a French attack into southern England and am now carving out my own Norman duchy

Well I wish I knew what was causing the issues, since I would have liked the inclusion of proper 2H axes and the reworked troop trees seem a lot more reasonable.

I did notice that there were some Gekokujo assets in the Textures folder, that's not there by accident, right.

i was using them for the hand wraps but i replaced them with some linen gloves
are you on the steam invasion beta?

>steam invasion beta

Is that something I have to opt into? I don't think so, last my Warband updated it was on the 21st when the official patch for Invasion went live.

>
I'm the guy that had problems with the submod before. At first, it was a problem with quick_strings, conversations, and I think module.ini, but user's last update fixed it(for me atleast). Make sure you've opted for and downloaded the VC's beta on steam. I'm not sure what else you could do to fix that

i'm opted into the invasion beta and it never un-opted me
maybe it did something with VC too, could try it

this is LordMcDogface
He hates r*dh*k scum because they killed his hole family (((even his pet cow!!!!!))) :(((((((((( and he wants to become the best knight in the world !!!!!!!!!!!

he has 200 strength and 45 ironflesh and powerstroke

picture is him after he unleashed his bushido style of fencing on some rh*d*k

Please respond.

What are some good VC submods?

Made a character named Toyotomi back in Gekokujo 2.1 because the actual one wasn't in the game. He traveled around doing quests and tournaments and the regular shtick. After a certain point he amassed a proper army and started raiding the Takeda, who were losing a war to Tokugawa and taking heavy loses. At which point he joined Tokugawa and became a very loyal vassal.

Except while he was loyal, Tokugawa was always intentionally or unintentionally doing things that made Toyotomi's life quite shit. First by hiring the Takeda lords, all of whom wanted Toyo's head on a spike. Next was making poor strategic decisions sucking at taking almost all of the land belonging to the Ikkō-ikki but leaving them one castle, declaring war on a clan that was miles away from us while the Ikki took back all their land and built large armies next to me.

Toyotomi didn't enjoy working with Tokugawa, but he stayed loyal, as it had it's perks. Such as becoming the richest bastard in Japan.

Battanians actually look kinda comfy desu.

Natsuki Hakurei, direct ancestor of Reimu Hakurei.

Natsuki started out as a miko in a Shinto shrine, her family business an afterthought, she enjoyed a rather peaceful existence near Niigata. Peaceful for the time, anyway. The Hakureis enjoyed the status of minor nobility, such was their usefulness to the great lords of Japan, and in battle, their bloodrage was infamous, comparable to the Norse berserker.

However, it was not to last. Youkai bandits from the island of Sado attacked Natsuki's shrine, murdering several worshippers and the head priest. Natsuki took up the tachi of the head priest, and found that she could not avoid the destiny of her blood so easily. And so, she set out into Niigata to find brave men willing to aid her in becoming the deadliest youkai exterminator in Japanese history.

In the process of liberation, she has assisted the Ikko Ikki in taking over Niigata from within, shot many people in the face, become a hero to the peasantry, worked for Oda Nobunaga and gained his respect, hunted down many members of the heretic youkai-sympathising Buddhist sect formed by one Byakuren Hijiri, developed a personal martial art that strongly resembles the 18th Century American cavalryman, and taken over Sado, showing great mercy in not killing every youkai, but instead forcing them to submit to her rule.

Basically, she's a psychotic religious militant cowgirl miko who I only made up because I couldn't think of any other female character to play as.

Do Steam versions of mods get instant updates? Particularly interested in Geko and mayo.

Alright i just downloaded Warband, I have a decent amount of experience with vanilla Mount and Blade. Do I want to run it in Napoleonic, Viking or Native mod?

Its a well known savegame corruption bug. No fix.

God fucking damnit, OP.

You want to wait for bannerlord

Never mind I'm hiding in Rouen while the French wreck havoc
Wanna do a suicidal assault to stop them crossing the channel in numbers, but that will doubtlessly lead to my capture and probably the loss of my holdings

Not with my specs m8

>Make sure you've opted for and downloaded the VC's beta on steam

Wait, so a version exists that isn't 2.025?

*2.028, my bad. My version is 2.028

>moddb.com/mods/undead-calradia
Yep, you need to opt for 2.028 beta. The exact description on how to do that is here:
forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,358590.0.html
I guess that should fix your problems with user's submod ^^

Oops. Well, then I've no idea what's wrong, 2.028 is the latest downloadable version, so everything should be correct

delete postfx.fx

I'll back up my files and try again, there has to be something I'm doing wrong if everything's working fine on everyone else's end. Maybe I went full-retard and didn't install it properly (I just did paste+replace everything, as per usual).

Just started my own faction along with my husband.

after I eliminate the Nords, what should be my priorities as a kingdom?

I re-installed VC and applied the submod and this time the runtime error did not occur.

No idea why it was happening before, the previous version of VC was also only a day old (re-installed yesterday). I'll just keep playing my 30-Day old save now, I realize that the unit stats won't change but I can't be bothered hunting down my companions again.

Thanks for the assist guys.

Babies. Lots and lots of babies.

>Becoming a monarch
Welcome to hell

>Just started my own faction along with my husband.

Are you just pretending to be a pretender's wife. Cause you can't marry upstart NPCs.

well glad it resolved, if anyone else has problems just post