Driving in pouring rain

>driving in pouring rain
>car hydroplanes into curb at 25mph
>no body damage but it's now leaning to the left

How likely is it that my car is now totaled?

I drive a 2015 Honda Fit.

pretty high

Your car isn't totalled.

Totalled means repairs exceed the value of the vehicle. There us no way in hell you have over 14$K in damages

You probably just fucked the lower control arm up. You need to inspect underneath it.

Also,
>hydro planing at 25 mph
Someone needs to replace his fucking tires and get good at driving.

How much should I be expecting to pay for repairs?

How would I know? We don't even know what's damaged yet. Take pictures and report back dude.

OP be honest, are you a woman?

I don't see how else this could've happened

It could be something as simple as a bent tie rod even but you won't know until you have a look

I'm not a woman, but I'm a retard who had never had to drive in heavy rain due to growing up in the Arizona desert.

Me guess is that you need a new strut, steering knuckle, control arm and maybe the tie rod. God forbid you need to replace the steering rack.
If the rack is undamaged, it should be a few hundred bucks to a grand to repair. short term expensive, yes, but nowhere near totaling the car.

I live on AZ too, don't blame Arizona for you driving like a retard. Suspension is prolly fucked, gonna cost 2k-3k+ likely.

Learn to fucking drive faggot.

>Hits a curb
>How likely is it that my car is now totalled?

Pic related

Sounds like a strut and a tie rod (Not just the tie rod end, but the entire tie rod).

Shouldn't be no more than 300$ + Alignment after replacing parts.

Easy fix if you're not retarded with tools as well.

dude we don't even know what's wrong. no pictures of the damages area. Chances are you have some (unwanted) camber on the side/tire in question. If your tire didn't pop then it probably isn't too horrible, but you'd have to check out
>strut
>control arm
>knuckle
since you hit the bottom part where the curb is, I am willing to bet it is either the control arm, or the knuckle.

the people saying "it's fucked" are either just trying to scare you, or they are faggots who have no fucking clue what they're talking about. Also learn to drive dude.

are you fucking serious?

AZ has heavy rains in the summer you dumb fuck

literally floods like a mother fucker

Everywhere has flash flooding thanks to global climate change.

Cars are equipped to handle such adverse weather conditions. As long as you properly maintain the vehicle by making sure to replace tires when there's barely any tread left.

>thanks to global climate change.

LMAO

>Everywhere has flash flooding thanks to global climate change

Its 66 and raining in eastern North Carolina today. In fucking January.

Climate change is real, Dolan Drumpf....

>hydroplaning at 25 mph
stop driving on bald tires you dumb fuck

insurance won't cover shit if they find out your tires were below the legal limit by the way (2/32")

how the loving fuck does one hydroplane a car going that slow? were you using racing slicks or something?

Fitbrooo whatup my friend

1st gen reporting

i nearly hit a curb in the rain in my fiesta, but i have enough foresight to give myself a lot of room before taking a corner hard,

faggot kys

hoosiers bro

>hydroplaning at 25mph with skinny tires
Sure buddy. Just admit you were going 50. Kill yourself. If you were paying attention this wouldn't happen.

How long have you lived here? NC weather has always been fucked.

How do you hydroplane at 20 mph?

Only idiots drive honda fits so that explains it

Just get an allaignment youre good

Lower control arms with all bushings installed are $25 for my car on RA.

couple thousand after the mechanical jew gets done calculating labor

I was wondering that myself. Honda Fit doesn't even have fat tyres... how the fuck would you aquaplane it at 25mph?

>>hydroplaning at 25mph with skinny tires

I'm not stupid OP, but I may be as dumb.

I thought that skinny tires would be worse in wet conditions and wider tire would be better?

2013 honda fit here

love my baby. i live in chicago. heavy rains, heavy snow. never had a problem

sorry buddy you need to slow down. maybe next time hit the e brake and straighten your car out

no, wider tires distribute the weight over a wider area so they are more susceptible to hydroplaning unless the tread is shaped specially to disperse water.

There's no way you hydroplaned, you just turned to hard and understeered like a bitch. You were probably mashing the brakes too.

Know that your tires have a limit to the amount of grip they can put down and in a FWD car, everything you do diminishes the amount of grip you have to turn.

Nigga I said that I wasn't the OP.

But thank you for the explanation. Always thought wider=better and wondered why manufactures use skinny ass tires if it would compromise safety

cringe

2014 fit driver here, you dont hydroplane until 45mph depending on water depth. You're a liar and a shitty driver.

Wider tyres are better for grip in just about every scenario, except aquaplaning, because with wide tyres the water has to spread over a much greater area.

Skinny tyres don't particularly matter on an econobox because you're generally not going to be going fast enough round a bend to lose control unless you're a dumbass like the OP