Oskar Dirlewanger and the SS Minstrel Show

So why did the Nazis recruit honest-to-god criminals and convicts into the SS? This fuck being the main spearhead?

Did... did this not ring any alarm bells to the Wehrmacht? Did no one recognise what an obviously bad idea this is? What was the intent of recruiting some of the worst criminals into your division? To strike terror into the hearts of your enemies and those who might potentially oppose you? To grant those very same criminals freedom and a pretty generous rank in the army, thus inspiring their loyalty? To use people who have proven themselves to have no qualms with committing abhorrent crimes against their fellow man? Was it because pic related was a criminal himself, and therefore either had friends in jail or felt some kind of kinship towards them?

Did... did no one honestly step up and point out the many, MANY ways this could go wrong? The many ways they DID go south? They must've, considering the several or so times people in the Wehrmacht tried to boot pic related. Pic related, whose local police record stated was a violent, sadistic, mentally unstable sociopath. Whose first arrest was diddling a fourteen year old. Who was as if hard liquor and pure malice somehow came into being solidified into an actual, god damn person. Whose destructive methods and rampages nearly wiped out modern day Belarus.

The... buh... I... I... No matter how many times I read up on the Holocaust... this fuck in particular, and the choices he made and was allowed to make, will always bereft and boggle my mind. There so much of him and his MO that confuse me to this day. There's so much I don't understand, and seemingly can't understand. And there's a jawdroppingly lack of logic here that I've yet to wrap my mind around. I just... why... fucking why...

I... need a drink...

The Germans considered Slavs to be an inferior race so the rules of war didn't apply to them.

I don't like the way you....type

First post worst post.

Nazis were autistic.

Probably lacked intelligence too. Most tribalist/ racist people are.

psychopaths are naturally drawn to hierarchical structures like those institutionalised, they amalgamate perfectly.

My great grandad was part of Dirlewanger's chosen men

So was he a Gypsy, a pedophile, a mental patient, a rapist, a drug addict, a freed Russian POW or a schizophrenic?

Gunther was referring to the Germanic people who spoke Slav languages in that excerpt. He believed some Germanics spoke nonGermanic languages but the majority were nonGermanic and needed to be sent to Siberia or wiped out.

>"Gunther was referring to Germanic people"
>literally says outright that there is no Germanic or Slavic race and those cathegories are merely linguistic

Actually wrong. He said that majority of the Slavs (Russians) today aren't related to the Nordic Slavs of old and are just slavicized Finno-Ugrics.

He was only four of those actually

>Did... did this not ring any alarm bells to the Wehrmacht?
>Did... did no one honestly step up and point out the many, MANY ways this could go wrong?
>The... buh... I... I... No matter how many times I read up on the Holocaust...
>I... need a drink...

Fuck off back to plebbit, holy shit

Dirlewanger was recruited into the SS for WWII not the Wehrmacht and did not hold an army rank.
His actions did cause alarm to both the Wehrmacht and even some members of the SS.

kek. What a wild story your family must have.

To fight partisans?

I mean they were not reliable enough to be sent on the front so they used them the best they could.

Also id like to remind everyone that shooting partisans its not illegal. Being a partisan is.

This so fucking much

why not? he did the job that he was recruited for. and yes he had a mean streak and some savage perversities but so what, this was in the midst of racial genocides and the final days of the war

t. north germanic

much like anglo-saxon's 'terra-nullis' relations with the australoids

No rules of war didnt apply because soviets werent party to the geneva convention

>entire soviet leadership consists of hardcore criminals and genocidal maniac commie kikes
>OP: Oh it's cool i guess heh
>one guy once convicted of poaching a deer way back in the weimar era gets a second chance in life by being offered to join the SS because he's good with weapons
>OMFFGGGG SUCH HARDCORE CRIMINAL NAZI WTFF

Kill self OP you retard

And stay at leftypol next time where you belong

The "crimes" attributed to Dirlewanger's division during the Warsaw Uprising (which was in itself an illegal act of terrorism by murderoud polish partisans) were actually done by the russian Wehrmacht volunteers under the command of Bronislav Kaminsky at the time. This guy was court-martialed and executed by an official SS military court for his actions during the Warsaw Uprising.

On top of this, in 1942 Dirlewanger himself was tried and formally reprimanded by an SS court aswell, but for merely adopting the same tactics the bolshevists had introduced into the battlefield themselves before. You wanna call the SS judges "criminals" too now? You gullible fucking retard i swear, as long as the allies say so it must be true huh

>which was in itself an illegal act of terrorism by murderoud polish partisans
Are you retarded?

And then there's this kind of retard. Please shut the fuck up when you have NO clue whatsoever what you're talking about. On the aryan pass it literally says that "slavs" are aryan/nordic aswell.

A German policy of planned extermination of Eastern people groups is merely a legend. The so-called 'General Plan East' penned by the Baltic German physician Dr. Hans Ehlich was the product of a single individual and was never taken seriously within the German leadership.
Only after the war, the polish propaganda used atrocity propaganda stories (to "justify" stealing german land and slaughtering + expelling the german natives) about this alleged "plan" and added numerous counterfeiting of the document to give the semblance of justification of the expulsion of Germans from their homes in Eastern Germany and the theft of German assets.

German economic aid for the occupied eastern territories amounted to over 3 billion reichsmarks in the years 1941 to 1943, accounted for 1% of the German GDP in those years. On 5 May 1943, already 90 Russian battalions, about 140 units in company strength, 90 field battalions of the Eastern Legion, a number hard to overlooked small units, and about 400,000 Hilfswillige German units, positions were of the German Wehrmacht on sides to some larger associations under German command (1st Cossack Division, several independent Cossack regiments, the Kalmyk cavalry corps). At this point, forms of national Russian forces under Russian command, and partly in Russian (Tsarist) uniforms also existed: the RNNA (Russian national people's Army), the RONA (Russian people's Liberation Army), the Brigade BITVA, the DON Cossack Regiment of 120, as well as the Eastern replacement Regiment Mitte. Later, the Russian Liberation Army (ROA) were founded under General Wlassow and the Ukrainian Liberation Army. The war in the East was also a civil war against the Bolshevist ideology.

>Can't refute my point
>Resorts to ad hominem name-calling

Thanks for admitting defeat, Oleg Polackinski.

Are you autistic?

>terra-nullis [sic]

Was completely valid, there was no established civilisation.

There are many eye witnesses reports of terrorist polack partisans literally burning german soldiers alive during the warsaw ""uprising"", or slaughtering german nurses and throwing wounded german soldiers out of the windows of the military hospitals. Mass-rapings also occured by the savage polack subhumans of course.

"Poland" is a dog turd of a cancer and once Germany awakens again there's not going to be much left of it due to all the atrocities they have committed, that much seems certain

It is a myth that the Nazis considered Slavs as untermensch (subhumans) non-Aryans, there is no evidence to suggest this but the actual opposite that Slavs WERE regarded as Aryan. See below:

The Ahnenpaß stated that "wherever they might live in the world" Aryans were "e.g. an Englishman or a Swede, a Frenchman or a Czech, a Pole or an Italian".

>To quote Himmler directly:

"This enlarged family of the White race will then have the mission to include the Slavic nations into the family also because they too are of the White race . . . it is only with such a unification of the White race that the Western culture could be saved from the Yellow race . . . At the present time, the Waffen-SS is leading in this respect because its organization is based on the principle of equality. The Waffen-SS comprises not only German, Roman and Slavic, but even Islamic units and at the same time has proven that every unit has maintained its national identity while fighting in close togetherness . . . I know quite well my Germans. The German always likes to think himself better but I would like to avert this. It is important that every Waffen-SS officer obeys the order of another officer of another nationality, as the officer of the other nationality obeys the order of the German officer."

>And stay at leftypol next time where you belong
>leftypol
So basically Veeky Forums?