youtu.be/v0p1aTlSrC8
youtube.com/watch?v=d_jBO9i7F74
youtube.com/watch?v=8iZOeLxaFco&feature=youtu.be
boston.craigslist.org/nos/mcy/5937593008.html
github.com/raimondi1337/DRZ400ModList
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_findings_in_the_Hurt_Report
midsonianmcmuseum.com/Hodaka Super Combat Wombat 1 x.JPG
ebay.com/itm/28-COPPER-LU...BWJ6DV&vxp=mtr
ebay.com/itm/171195748808?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46676
ebay.com/itm/10-Foot-Motorcycle-Wiring-Harness-Kit-Cafe-Racer-Chopper-Bobber-Custom-/301965020127
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What mods have you done to your bike?
what's your favorite mod?

>do free mods
Done
But if you count non-power
>bark busters
>carbon fiber skid plate
Some other random small stuff

>mfw neither of that
HAHA GET FUCKED
tfw no gf

N00b here.

Planning to get my license soon, but have no idea where to start looking in terms of bikes.
Anyone got suggestions? What were your first bikes?

Thats sad have a fart machine to cheer you up. Removed the stickers already and looks gud.

DRZ400SM

restrictions?
I'm not sad, I'm living that lyfe since 21 years
I've come to terms with that

Just something that's easy to learn on, inexpensive (~$2500), easy to maintain, etc.

I know but always good to have a laugh at farts bike.

>that giant HRC sticker on a 250
this makes me laugh for some reason.

Its a cute bike have to make you laugh.

wr 250
dunno man, I had a 125 for two years

Comfy seat best mod. Oversized brake rotor also good.

youtu.be/v0p1aTlSrC8

>tfw no crazy Polish buddies to through dirtbikes up hills with

Im going from a 300 to a 250. You gotta just have fun on tiny bikeu.

klx is gone?

Nah its sitting on a stand right now. Going to sell it even though it pains me. But in the end its a harder bike for me to ride and I will probably get a different enduro or dirt bike next time. Xt 250 and even the KTMs are easier to ride for me haha.

youtube.com/watch?v=d_jBO9i7F74
>previously, crashed his bike while 2 up
>in vid, takes out another rider, harms him badly and wrecks his ride
>he later proceeds to still ride like a dick

not being able to pop 110 km/h is never fun

Yee for a dirt bike id go 250cc. I mean the cbr goes around 145 km/h I would have thought the 125 could do a little better than that though.

yeah don't think I'd ride a 125 for fun m8

>wanna masturbate
>can't get in the mood

Holy moley what now?

This guy is a total fag. Why does a noob like hiim feel the need to accelerate like that not even out of a corner is beyond me.

What are yah into, user?

well I would if you want to fuck around on tiny light bike. But like a 500 or even 450s are dank.
Ill suck your dick

>tiny light bike
Funny thing is most 125s (referring to the ones euros can legally ride on road with their shit license) are chink tier and actually weigh more than a 450 dirt bike.

>own 04 husqvarna smr449
>thinking of going up 2 or 3 teeth in the rear sprocket
>mainly used for around town hooning

should i do it?

idk. I'm not you. Ask youself about the consequences tho.
>do you ever feel like first gear is too tall and you have to lug it to go slow?
If not then there's really no need to gear down.
>do you ever feel like top gear (5th or 6th whatever it is on this bike) is too short and the engine isn't at a calm rpm when you're cruising around?
If yes then it will only get worse by gearing down

i rarely need 6th, as i said its around town hooning.

i want easier/more mono's.

then do them in first gear instead of second or third.

So in my MSF course someone was on a dualsport and they ended up doing a huge wheelie and crashing badly. Like this video but all the way around: youtube.com/watch?v=8iZOeLxaFco&feature=youtu.be

Is that common? What'd he do wrong?

he whiskied the throttle open and panicked and didnt let off.

I thought they taught you to check and make sure the bike is in neutral before turning it on?

>quads

thanks for the kek user

Is the future here yet?

Holy shit this ad
boston.craigslist.org/nos/mcy/5937593008.html
>1,225 miles
yeah right that thing looks fuckin heavily used
>not in a rush, don't need the money, don't waste my time
ok buddy
>if you're looking to buy it with cash i can't actually do the transaction until spring because i still need to use the bike to get my license as i currently have a permit
AHAHAHAHA

chink tier what?
they have to weight at least 110 kilos by law, but they're not bad quality

reposting from qtddtot

electricians please respon

i got a bike im redoing and i took out a lot of tangles in the wires, and now ive got a shitton of slack that i cant stuff anywhere. can i just shorten them? or will it be too different and ill start burning out lights?

github.com/raimondi1337/DRZ400ModList
Prolly the custom dashboard I fabricated

I have an option of starting on a Ninja 300 or a KLR 650. Which would be better?

yes you can just shorten the wiring up, make sure you properly connect and seal any wires you tidy up to prevent overheating and corrosion though

I'd like the klr more, but that's because I'm dualsport fan

YFZ factory slipper into my WR.

I have like no trails around me, at least 1 hour+ by freeway away.

britbong here

Recently 'earned' the right to be on the road, looking to get a bike and gear. Question is, is it going to cost me a fortune to get the gear together here? Can you recommend anywhere that is a reputable seller online? Or places in the south that you have experience with where I can try a lot of stuff on and get a good feel for leathers etc? I'm happy to travel somewhere (within reason) to get gear so whatever you know is appreciated.

First off i'm thinking helmet (managed to convince my uncle to give me one of his spare Shark helmets, pretty much never used), leathers/textiles, boots and gloves. Would it be a huge catastrophe if I wore some armored jeans to begin with rather than leather bottoms?

thank you my friend

do you have corners or cities?
I don't know if klrs make good super moto

your list is good
armored jeans are fine as long as they really are made to handle some sliding
don't buy online, try things on to find correct fit

Yeah I think i'm leaning more towards a good pair of jeans, won't be skimping on them either as they're there to keep my legs in one piece.

>custom skid demon limited edition paint job
>awfully done fiberglass fairing patches and stator guard
>-2t on the rear sprocket
>cooler sounding but not too outrageously loud race exhaust
>steel brake lines
>scapped pegs :3
>replaced nearly every single 4/5/6mm bolt on the bike

But the fave mod was going from 120/60 to 120/70 on the front. Maybe it made sense in the mid 90s but 120/60 is an absolute garbage of a tire size and the bike can't lean for shit. It's beyond me why any bike would use that.

And uh technically it makes the bike non-road legal.

>DR650
Working Vapor.

>V-Stronk
Comfy seat.

I'm a bit south of Los Angeles.

I see the battery box delete on there, got any pics of that? Where'd you put it?

don't you guys have mountains or some shit?
gta told me that

Everything is like an hour or two away.

WHAT THE FUCK

Yeah we don't have much, but theres still that go-anywhere factor, I'd say the dual sport.

yo wtf, lbc here

Oh nice, I used to live downtown/east village area there.

Highway bars. Next wanna put and hid light in it.

>slammed a mickey's 40oz
>have no beer left
>fuck it and get on bike and get some more alcoholic beverages or not risk it?

what do? dubs i go

>suzuki riders

>hey guys should I do this obviously stupid thing xD
Get some help.

>shitzuki

you wouldn't believe me if i posted a pic

the store is a block down the road

Beer will help

ha ha being an alcoholic
just for laughs hehe

Gotta spend money on something, friend

bikes

50% of all motorcycle fatalities involve alcohol in the rider's system.

nice source

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_findings_in_the_Hurt_Report

my MSF course taught me 52% but idk how accurate that is

>mfw not replacing chain because I want to see what happens if I don't

But that isn't a Combat Wombat. This is:

midsonianmcmuseum.com/Hodaka Super Combat Wombat 1 x.JPG

But. Have plenty of extra pocket cash to spend on booze.
Thanks after school psa!

hmmm weird I was expecting better quality cause even the tw 200 is at least decent mechanically.

How old were you guys when you started riding?

really nothing happens. I run my chains for years and never clean or lube them.

And the other 50% involve shit riders who didn't start on 125cc standards

Eventually the rings wear so much that they begin to fail, and the nooks and crannies of the chain gunk up and/or rust and links start to seize. While that's happening, the chain will wear until putting the adjuster all the way out doesn't do shit.

While you're riding you can feel the slack when opening up the throttle, and the seized links probably sap a couple horsepower.

I don't mean they fall apart like chinkbikes but they aren't really made with any modern technology and are generally just produced as cheaply as possible. For example the current WR125R weighs 133kg, which is significantly heaver than my 118kg 450 from 15 years ago.

Read wiring threads. There are some good ones in Chop Cult.

Some pasta but it's my pasta:

I replace my stock cables with light gauge welding cable and lugs from my local welding supply. Ensure your ground is good because that's as important as the positive side of the circuit.
I should mention motorcycle batteries take a quarter-inch lug. The linked example below is 6 gauge and fits 6 gauge welding cable.well. (Some lugs are too large and conflict with battery cases.)

I get these off Ebay. I'm not affiliated with the seller, just a cheap SOB (and former AF avionics weenie) who does a lot of wiring and hates paying too much per unit for simple parts and likes efficiency.

ebay.com/itm/28-COPPER-LU...BWJ6DV&vxp=mtr

I buy cheap Plano and other tackle storage boxes at Walmart then fill them with "bench stock" off Ebay including hardware.

There are lots of wiring threads but not many on how to set up your bench stock and be ready for most jobs. This is dirt cheap per connection. Numbers on bags are from another Ebay vendor. I left them for faster sorting.

Next post has more with some redundancy.

Practice crimp splicing and heat shrinking on scrap wire. I order naked splices off Ebay, not the nasty ones covered with plastic from the auto store.
100 feet of heatshrink tubing was about ten bucks. Lots of Ebayers get it in industrial rolls then sell cut lengths.

Stagger your splices so they are not all parallel in the bundle. (You don't want a "tumor" in the middle.)

Buy good strippers and crimpers. They make wiring pleasant. You can also solder, but properly crimped splices work fine on aircraft (I'm a former OV-10 Bronco and F-4 Phantom comm/nav troop) and most people don't do a lot of soldering. You can certainly make "Western Union" splices and solder them but it's a pain with no payoff on an installed harness, or you can tin your wire, insert into naked butt splices with some flux in them, crimp then solder or just solder. (Lots of choices. Do a sound job and the electrons won't care!). I'm generous with small heat shrink on motorcycles to exclude moisture, using about 3x the length of my exposed splice.

You'll spend a few dollars on your wiring kit, but doing it right the first time will let you kick ass in the future.

Here's what I just bought for butt splices to restock. I'm not affiliated with the seller but it's a good deal. I use clear Plano and other tackle storage boxes from Walmart (they are made in USA) to sort my parts:

ebay.com/itm/171195748808?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Example stripper and crimper pix. chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46676

continued next post

I use a similar stripper to the Greenlee pictured, but you can get by with more basic strippers if you are careful and PRACTICE a few cuts first. Too many wiring noobs practice on their work then wonder why they ran out of parent harness wire.

If you want to maintain the same color code, or at least a color code you can annotate on your service manual wiring diagram, you need a variety of wire of the right gauge.

I've not bought from this seller but it's inexpensive and has a variety of wire. I would use heat shrink over the whole bundle instead of split loom. I'd guesstimate 3/4" heat shrink would fit over your bundle.

ebay.com/itm/10-Foot-Motorcycle-Wiring-Harness-Kit-Cafe-Racer-Chopper-Bobber-Custom-/301965020127

When you are splicing a wire harness extension, you obviously cannot fit a single piece of heat shrink over the whole assembled harness. You can join one end of your extension to your existing wire bundle. cover that with heat shrink, slide more heat shrink over that bundle shrinking all but the last sections, slip heat shrink over the "shrunk" sections to slide it out of the way, connect the rest of your wire bundle, then slide the heat shrink over your bundle and shrink that. A heat gun is the way to go for that job. Need not be expensive.

Have fun. Once you've got it down no wiring harness on a motorcycle will intimidate you. STRONGLY resist the urge to to a ghetto job. With practice doing it right is faster than doing it wrong, beside yielding a much better result.

IF YOU ARE NEW TO WIRING, SAVE ALL THREE POSTS FOR REFERENCE.

Now go wire something.

did I pick a shit bike or am I just garbage at this game

On the first bike, did an aftermarket oil mod to the cam supply in the heads, and added in an oil pressure gauge to make sure everything was working right.

but no one will sell a goddamn wombat of any kind for less than like 4k around here
and i feel a lot less bad about dropping this one

as I said they have to weight at least 110 kilos to get done to a1 legality. and they're forced to have ABS since 2016, and the gsxr 125 actually has a keyless go system

sure, there's no quick shift or something, but the MT 125 actually has a gear indicator and gear change light

10 bb
wow would think they wouldn't cheap out on materials like that. But then again makes sense that the higher up models be using the better shit to make you want to buy it instead of a cheaper bike.

>I don't mean they fall apart like chinkbikes

so theyre brittle like your trailer home?

the wr 125 is made as a computer bike, of course it's cheaper than an actual race bike

5 or 6, I don't really remember. Grandfather told me we could go riding once I could kickstart the trail 70.

Yours is the better machine anyway, by a long shot.

>I started on a 125/250 because I don't know how a throttle works

My lungs tickle.

Fuck.