How am I ever going to get on the property ladder as a single male? THIS is what $730k will get you where I live

How am I ever going to get on the property ladder as a single male? THIS is what $730k will get you where I live.

>as a single male
More like you just got on the property ladder a lot quicker than Married McEmptywallet over there.

>Southeast
You don't mate. House prices are absurd in the UK. You either need to be earning over £40k, have 2 incomes (married) or buy some shithole ooop North. The fact house prices increase much faster than wages means the problem only gets worse.

Sounds like you should buy in the US if you're country isn't amiable

No intention of ever getting married, so it's a single income for life.

I just don't know how I'm going to save for a deposit, I have 10k saved already but that's a pittance compared to what I need.

> wahh why can't i live excessively and out of my means as an unskilled lowerclass worker
Homes are for successful families, not virgin anime watching degenerates.

A lot of assumptions there

Then why the hell would you want the burden on a mortgage/house?!?!?

If you do buy something make it an investment rental. Rent your own housing. That's true freedom.

If you think it's THAT much cheaper to down do the math again, it's not.

move to another country, canada/usa have "okay" prices since they're so huge, and new developments everywhere

easy to find low paying jobs also, like $10 - $30 an hour, you'd probably want $20 - $30 to afford a life though

otherwise just stay in a "flat" and save up, until you meet a girl that is worth moving into a house for

you dont need much space, spend your time outside.

Canada prices are just as absurd, unless you want to live in the sticks where there are no jobs

10-30 is low?

1/8 people in Ontario make minimum wage

It is very difficult to find $20-30/hour unless you are a skilled worker in a profession that is in demand

I live within 40 minutes to 60 minutes from every major city in the GTA. (Hamilton)

I commute 35 - 45 minutes daily for school.

$20 - $30 is very easy to find, you just have to look. The Best Buy in Burlington is always hiring workers, right off Brant Street. That's $12 an hour right there. Costco pays $17 - $27 an hour for cart pickers, merchandisers, and sales associates. Costco is also always hiring. Overnight stockers in Best Buy earn $14 - $18 / hour.

Now for $20 - $30 jobs, delivery drivers, for companies like DHL, can make $36 - $44 an hour with only 12 months experience, however they start off at $22. All you do is drive around and deliver packages, collect signatures, and you get your own van plus all fuel paid for. Lots of companies do this, like FedEx, UPS, etc.

You can work for Amazon and get a benefits package, $17 an hour or something like that (with the benefits like full dental coverage, etc) and free food.

Airport security and airport custodial staff also make $20 - $25 an hour.

You just need to "look".

Take your money and leave.

Fix yourself a job abroad and a permanent visa and buy something there.

Almost 600K for a lot that looks like it's barely 3 acres is fucking bullshit.

You can buy a boat for that money ffs!

>Overnight stockers in Best Buy earn $14 - $18 / hour.
Wrong. $12.

>Costco pays $17 - $27 an hour for cart pickers, merchandisers, and sales associates
Are you fucked? Their rate is $13/h last time I checked

>You can work for Amazon and get a benefits package, $17 an hour
Their new warehouse pays minimum wage.

>delivery drivers, for companies like DHL, can make $36 - $44 an hour

How delusional are you? So on the low end a driver makes 75k a year at 40hours a week? Nope

>buying new builds that depreciate in value worse new cars
>and in the U.K where you can buy period inner city property that hasn't lost value in over 100 years

It's like you want to be poor.

Buy victorian townhouses or get out.

>inb4 they're too expensive

They're actually cheaper than new builds these days and have way more overhead for profit building.

op you should move out of the southeast at the very least

you could get yourself an 8bed detached w/ double garage for that money in the midlands and up

LOL

I bought my home for $136K in 2010.

4 beds 2 baths 1,685 sqft

Have had occupancy in at least 2 rooms since I bought it that cover the mortgage. I'd love to rent all 3 spare bedrooms out but having 3 people share a bathroom became hectic.

It's valued at $176K today but realtor friend says it can easily sell for $200K.

yet you didn't say i was wrong about any of them now did you?

I made $16/hour working at a Best Buy distribution center when I started working at 19.

Delivery drivers may make that much after years of experience. And 40 hours a week? In your dreams. You'll be working 12 hours Mon-Fri at least and Saturdays too.

Thank God I got out of factory work and went into health care. I fucking hated it. Now I can "disappear" for a hour long shit and nobody says anything. When I worked in the factory if you took 20 seconds to go piss, you'd have everybody yelling at you.

Why the fuck do you need a 4 bedroom detached house as a single male? Get an apartment like a normal person.

>low paying jobs
>$30 an hour

Troll detected. 30 an hour wont make you wealthy but it is an above average income that will put you solidly in the middle class

Do you plan on selling it soon? Might be time

I'm thinking so. Yard isn't really that big to store my boat and I plan on buying another. It's also way too big for me. Thinking of selling and downsizing. Would rather have smaller house more land.

O shit I used to live up the road from there

Say hi to the little girl that eats pigeons for me

Move where I live, you can buy 7 houses for that price

haha thats what you get for your ancestors staying in Bongland rather than going over to America faggot

holy shit in florida 500K gets you a 4/3 and 5 acres of land

that's because no one wants to live in florida.

Is that supposed to be something? In Texas you can get that for $250K

I gather that's not on miami beach / doral / etc

>the little girl that eats pigeons
Is this a UK thing?

move.

I fucking hate house prices. Right now I'm looking at shitty run down single bed flats for 150k

I don't know jack shit about buying property, anyone have any resources/tips about where to start?

How is the monthly mortgage payments generally calculated, and what type of down payment would I be looking at as a percentage of the houses worth?

>median home price where I live is $613k
Yeah I'm not gonna be able to afford that ever

tfw making 20k

It will be less than half an acre and in dollars it would be ~$730

look elsewhere, the housing markets a bubble thanks to Carney, he did the same in Canada but why are you looking in the south? if you're not in politics or The City then you're in the wrong place, you can do every other job somewhere cheaper in the UK. Look at the north-east, tech is booming there as are services in scotland and you can buy mansions for that price there!

That is the most expensive ugliest house I've ever fucking seen.

>just bought 1100sqft 3bdrm 2bath brand new shit throughout the wholehouse for $128k

I'm young and I wish I could have bought same 3 years ago for ~$100k but well... you can't have everything at once.

I'm hoping the market will keep steady for 5+ years at least.

You want to put down 20% if you can. PMI is throwing money into garbage...

Try to do your first house as a FHA because many states have very generous Down Payment Assistance that can bring you to the 20% down.

I got my house very young because I settled on a full time job and renting got stupid expensive around where I live. It jumped up 20% over last 2 years compared to minuscule jump in actual housing prices.

Yeah. Looks like the CAD software mixed up some models but they build it anyway.

>They're actually cheaper than new builds these days

Yeah because they're 100 years old and invariably need a load of fucking work doing to them.