/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #457

''New Year'' Edition

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/11794775
strawpoll.me/11794798
strawpoll.me/11965358

Questions:
>What is your New Year's resolution?
>What can we expect from Dontnod in 2017?

Other urls found in this thread:

instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I have a huge crush on Hannah Telle

>As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

Max is #1

>daily reminder that it's confirmed that the blue butterfly is storm summoner (the harbinger of disaster) This means, it became clear that storm's still coming in Bay ending

What are Max and Chloe doing for New Year's Eve?

Have a small party with their friends.

Kissing!

When are the results for the Steam Awards coming?

Why is Kate evil?

She worships Satan in an alternate timeline

This is terrifying.

god this is sooooooo cute! I love it.

happy new year to my lovely lisg!

Happy new year to you too, user!

I feel like 2017 is not gonna be a great year for games.

RDR 2 is the only game that caught my attention so far.

>inb4 what about vampyr

Yeah, I'm more interest in finding LiS eastereggs rather than in the game itself.
Also, I'll only buy Vampyr on a steam sale or something.

>Also, I'll only buy Vampyr on a steam sale or something
Oh no you wont! You'll pirate it

I feel the same to be honest, the only thing I'm interested in is the Pathologic remake.
I don't care about Vampyr that much, I'll probably consider buying it if it's really really good, otherwise I'll probably pirate or ignore it

>Oh no you wont! You'll pirate it

But how they are gonna get money to make Season 2?

>You will never be hugged by the Marsh bunny sisters
>You will never be Richard Marsh and have three adorable daughters
>You will never see Kate or Victoria again

how /lisg/ spending new year's eve?
im gonna drink vodka and take opiates

In just a month lisg will have be two years old.

Have fun tonight, whatever it is you do!

¦D

Nathan pls. That'll kill you.

I'll drive up to a castle around here and watch the fireworks of all the surrounding villages and towns from up there. Eat well, drink some wine, watch cheesy shit on the telly.

Come back to /lisg/ and Max and Chloe before bed, as my surrogate romantical relationship.

>I'll drive up to a castle around here and watch the fireworks of all the surrounding villages and towns from up there.
That sounds beautiful
Have fun user!

What a fucking spaz.

don't worry. im going to end with this
>I'll drive up to a castle around here and watch the fireworks of all the surrounding villages and towns from up there. Eat well, drink some wine, watch cheesy shit on the telly.
have fun :3

LAST TIME OF 2016 (^ ^)/

BFFs, Pirates, Partners in Time & Crime & In Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

That's hilarious.

(most of) Kate's family would like Victoria once they got to know her. Victoria would come to like them as well.

According to our archive, /lisg/'s birthday is February 5th.

you forgot this too

I may have to get a PS4 for that, Vampyr, and a few others games.

LiS lost the Steam award. :(

Warren did nothing wrong

Not really surprising. TWD is the most popular game of that type and as mentioned before, Undertale's fanbase is diehard.

The last word in that post is unnecessary

So, will Michel tone S2 down a bit now or will he try even harder to win the next award?

I'm sorry, I tried. I got everyone I knew that liked LiS to vote.

Dontnod never struck me as looking for awards. Honestly, they were just glad to get LiS made. Both because they had a story they wanted to tell and also because it was do-or-die for the company at that point.
I hope the praise doesn't go to their head for S2 and that they do try their hardest to make a good game and coherent story.

>nobody answered OP's questions

oh ok..

Whoops! I think people stop reading the OP after a while, you should have made a separate post with them

>New Year's Resolution
It was going to be getting a job, but I actually managed to get one before the new year started. I guess the new one is not wasting all the money in videogames and trivial shit.

Well, aside from Vampyr I think we'll get some info on Season 2, maybe a release date but I'm not so sure
How long was Episode 1 in development?

>What is your New Year's resolution?
Something I will probably abandon early into the year. Really, a bunch of personal stuff that doesn't have any place here but that I hope I can do.

Vampyr will probably be the focus of their 2017. Even once it's out they will hold off on news of S2 because it would be kind of a dick move to immediately overshadow Vampyr's release, and all the team's work, with an announcement pertaining to LiS.
At most maybe we will see a trailer for LiS S2 by the end of the year. S1 took about two years to make so early 2018 will be the release date, assuming it took a similar development time.

I'd love to see a what-if of other characters getting the power Max had.
Chloe, Kate, Victoria, Nathan, Warren, others. Stuff like that makes me wish LiS was an animated series.

>How long was Episode 1 in development?

It started in 2013 I think.

Yeah. That's the why the game takes place in 2013.
So using similar logic, S2 will take place in 2016. Unless they go with the approach of setting it in the past to avoid any conflicts of mentioning choice-based events from S1.

>>What is your New Year's resolution?
Don't be an idiot.

>>What can we expect from Dontnod in 2017?
Vampyr (hopefully it's good) and a season 2 teaser if we're lucky.

It is a nice picture. Pretty impressive for an instant film camera, getting. Knowing exactly where to stand, to have the focus be on the background, and no awkward lighting effect.
Plus the message that "everyone is the hero" because they have the face their pasts and live with it, which does have validity.

Max did good there.

what's up /lisg/
all drunk?

Max needs clearly a nap and Chloe-cuddles

Nah, I usually don't drink if I'm not out with friends

What time is it in your country, /lisg/?
2 hours to midnight here

15:53. Still a ways to go here in New York State.
Not doing anything. Just sitting home with family and having snacks and drinks.

There's going to be fireworks from the Space Needle. So Max, Chloe, and all those who came to their apartment for the party, will go up onto the roof to watch them.
Also these two will share a kiss at midnight to bring in the new year and what will be their fourth together.

i'm drinking vodka with milk
22:06 in poland

sobering up
6 am in japan

Sounds like a good combo. I'll have to try that sometime.

taste like a monte yogurt
if you wanna check this drink buy vodka taste hazelnut(best is Soplica Orzech laskowy)

Just from thinking about how it would feel/taste I was considering using almond milk since it's what I had on hand. But I'll keep in mind the hazelnut next time I go looking for drinks.
Not drinking anything at this moment though, saving it for tonight.

okay :3
let's fun!

What are the chances we get at least a teaser trailer for Season 2 in 2017?

I'd say fairly good assuming they've been working over the past year.
There's been a few small hints that they've gotten VAs already and the artists being back at Dontnod should tip off that they're doing something.

Nice. Haven't seen any 2017-specific images yet, but there's still time! Plus a whole new year where people can find out about the game and start creating stuff.

who have new year?

Kind of slow. So let's play a game.
Post an image that has heavy use of your favorite color and has your favorite character(s).

This one has an Apple/Bright Green and also Pricefield.

It's officially 2017 here, starting off the new year by posting some pricefield!
It's been just two months since I found out about LiS (and /lisg/) but the game has already had a big impact on my life, and this place has become kind of a second home for me.
Thank you for being here with me when nobody else is, I love you all

HAPPY NEW YEAR /lisg/ ! :3

Blue/Black?
I do love that image and webm. It's really what I see coming after they leave Arcadia Bay.
Driving up to Seattle and getting there at night. Stopping outside the city to just relax, have a moment of calm, let each other know they're there together, and Chloe seeing a major city for the first time in her life.
Then they continue on to Max's parents house.

I love the dark shade of blue in the sky but I also love the lighter tones near the moon
It's also probably my favorite pricefield picture altogether

Happy new year, /lisg/!

Happy new year!

Why do you guys like this game so much?

it's 22:07 here
but Happy New Year y'all

this game have real filling and nice characters
sorry for language, i'm so drunk

It is pretty great

i like your real filling.....

i love u guys so much
damn im drunk as fuc