/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online General

Happy New Year Edition

Elder Thread:>Official news
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2016/12/22/thats-a-wrap-on-2016
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/12/13/celebrate-the-new-life-festival
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/11/30/crown-store-showcase--november-30th-2016

>Latest patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/307930/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-6-11
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>Builds and Guides
pastebin.com/p6ju4fTx [Begginer Guide]
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWqnQ2EfnFBh-v5dUwrQ7BxtvLSbESJtq
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWqnQ2EfnFBgjvfzMURBzYTSTxMrf480u
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWqnQ2EfnFBjnoGhKAtFGwT1lXV7FPg2T

>Online lore, map and general info
imperial-library.info/
esomap.uesp.net/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php
minion.mmoui.com/

>Assorted links
tesorp.enjin.com
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/
eso-styles.faerylands.eu/

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] message (not whisper) @Geobasket or @the_kyrox for invite
[PC EU] message (not whisper) @Hatebr33d3r for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492 (embed)

>Discord: discord.gg/ffn6JqN

>Is this game worth playing?
Yes

Khajiit players have autism

This one is just trying to RP properly. Do not make fun of his speech patterns.

New thread already? Man these things go way too fast

Transcription Error Scrollocaust Online General

ebin slashVslash memay you got there friendo

>Drinking Hissmir Fish-Eye Rye lets you see what kind of fish are in a fishing hole

Is this effect unique to this holiday recipe or did something else already do this

kill yourself Todd

Buy my game

there's an addon

where are they gonna put all the artifacts as legendary fucking top tier loot

Which is better for all around pvp, assuming they have the same gear-
Destro/resto Mag sorc or bow 2h DK?

dead

I'm a terrible being a jew

is Master Merchant reliable as price checker? Because probably pretty much gave away this Purple Spriggan's ring to this dude while so many others were offering gorillions but I said fuck it I don't feel like doing this shit and traded with the guy who offered first based on the MM price

That feel when you missed the New Life event and now you're busy during the last few days of it
I wished they prolonged this

whats even the point of grinding this shit
exp mead is all I care about

If I'm looking up a tank build (magblade specifically), and they don't explicitly state it anywhere or post a list of passives, it's safe to assume I'm supposed to wear all heavy armor, right? The answer seems obvious, but I'm wondering if I'm not supposed to wear one piece of light armor for magicka passives or something

Only time you don't wear all heavy armor is for the undaunted passives. Even then, it's not always better. It's hard to explain everything, but it's easier to just stick with all heavy then worry about missing in 1 medium/light later. Putting 1 piece of light for passives is not worth it, because the armor passives all scale based on number of armor worn.

Just grab siphon attack as soon as you can, and your Magicka sustain will be nonissue. You won't have enough skill points while leveling, so it's not with it to carry a set of light armor along with light armor passives just for soloing.

what the fuck happend to /fog/

Why are you asking that here?

cause its the closest related to beths/obsidians fallout games

and theres no thread

like i know it was dead but it always had a thread with some posts now its not there

>cause its the closest related to beths/obsidians fallout games
No it's not. Fuck off to /tesg/.

I'm actually already CP 150, but my old build was a stamblade dual wield/bow DPS and I was playing a Breton, and I solo play with this character, so it was not working, I struggled to sustain myself on delve bosses sometimes

Just did a total respec and switched to magicka tank so I already have most of my class skills, just have to grind up 1h and heavy armor skills

>there's no FO thread at all
Welp. You'd figure waifufags would keep it alive as long as /tesg/.

Guys would I enjoy this game coming only from main TES games but never really played an MMO?

Can I just explore stuff and level up at my own pace or is that no fun?

Do i lose much dps in PvE if I don't pick Redguard but instead pick a Orc for a stamina class like stamina sorcerer?

Please help a newfriend. People keep telling me to go Redguard for everything stamina but I like orcs better I think.

Also sinuous get different dialogues when you play as an orc in the Orsinum DLC?

Redguards have more sustain than orcs.

>Can I just explore stuff and level up at my own pace
Yes, it's a lot better than Skyrim

it's as casual friendly as you get

Jewelry crafting when
Beyond yellow color tier when
New traits when
New armor enchant runes when
7 piece sets when
Spears when
Throwing weapons when
Enchanted scrolls when

Housing pls go

just bought the game!

easy class/faction to start?

It is the best TES game in a lot of ways. The solo gameplay/content in the game is very strong.

No, you're good. Only time you feel it is if you go Stam with a mag class or vice versa.

Why are filled Grand soul gems given out like candy? The soul magic line is pretty pointless.

Templar, because it's pretty easy to go magic, Stam, tank, damaged or healer. Pick a race that's decent for most builds, so you can easily spec into other builds later.
Faction doesn't matter, so pick the one that you think is cool.

>540 filled grand soul gems in inventory
>40 empty ones
>still feel stingy about reviving or refilling enchant charges

Does this game have vertical progression endgame like most MMOs where you completely replace gear every couple of months?

Oh but don't do all of that at once. If you wanna go magic, stick with it, then choose healer, tank or damage.

Going magic is probably easier, because you have strong magic heals. It also allows you to easily equip a restoration staff secondary bar for quick dungeon queues. If you feel like it, you can respec into heavy armor and do magic tanking too.

Why? Just doing the daily dungeon gets you enough.

Wait till you play pvp, I'm rezzin people like jesus in easter.

Nah you fine, its when you go altmar stam which is full retard.

I will never understand why TESO doesnt have good looking armors.

its such a fucking popular thing to have and games like GW2 and BDO make millions out of them. They look great, they are great and they provide an income for the publisher/devs without having to go down the p2w road eventually.

Why does TESO only have skyrim-tier ugly armors?

you want weeb costumes or what? some Skyrim armors looked great
but yeah ESO has many butt ugly looking sets

not fucking weebs costumes why do people ALWAYS have to call them that?

Literally just good looking clothing/armor/costumes. TESO itself is already a pretty ugly game with HORRIBLE animations, typical TES game i guess, but they at least could have put some effort into the armor.

People fucking love good looking armors and weapons, everyone does that.

ESO has plenty of good looking sets you just have to mix and match pieces.
Order of the Hour stuff looks sexy as fuck same with a lot of the later tier stuff for tinimac and malacath

nah animations are good and many sets look fine
weapons fucking suck, here I could agree

>animations are good
nigger you haven't played any other 3d RPG in the past 29 years

the movement is stiff, the casting/melee animations are barebones and the general feel is clunky and a bit floaty

>order of the hour
literally skyrims imperial armor with worse textures that look even more terrible on TESO's bad player models.

you realize color variation and dyes make all the difference right?

>29 years
hurrr
anyway, RPGs have fucking abysmal animations so I have no idea what are you on
you could at least say action&adventure or some shit

I like BDO and GW2, but their armor style is definitely "weeb" in a sense. TES games have always went with grim, "realistic", and minimalistic designs. There will never be giant flaming shoulder pads or massive horned back pieces like GW2 or BDO.

Some of the later sets indeed look great, and it's clear you don't have them yet. Most games have ugly early game armors anyways.

is Sai Sahan a nigger?

I think it strikes sn okay balance between minimalistic and over-the-top weightless like Korean MMOs and FFXIV.

He's not a Nord

he is neither Didn du nuthin furries or scalies

So kawaii :3

eclipse is so fucking useless, I cant use it on dangerous shit like caster world bosses, it only reflects small projectiles and not casts, the explosion deals terrible damage even with the unstable core morph

is it a strictly pvp spell?

Is there no matchmaking or partyfinder for dungeons? I'm finally about to do Spindleclutch and I'm not being put in groups or anything.

My mom said a spriggans sword sells for like 500k I think lul

MM lol but then I realize I meant tamriel trade center since mm never has listings on gear

Phone posting is suffering

Click "P"

What's the best race for making a thicc female? I was thinking Orc

???

How is the PvP in this game?

And how "free" are you, on a scale of WoW to Ultima?

>nobody willing to turn me into a vampire
>waiting on bloodfiends to spawn taking forever
What a pain

the pvp is okay, better than most MMOs

it's a themepark MMO so there's not much freedom, the only real choices you have are what zone to level in and your crafting profession

Okay.

Then on an individual player level, how is it as just a solo Elder Scrolls game? Storywise etc.

:3

Happy new year gents

Khajiits or Orcs

Most of past patches sets are still viable and even meta.

very good, the quests are higher quality than every MMO on the market except for The Secret World. It lacks a bit of freedom compared to singleplayer ES games, but that's the price of being an MMO

When does this event end?

Did she drug him or something?

more

People will hate me if I run vet trials wearing 2 blue pieces of spell power cure? I have one ring and two armor pieces purple.

Jan 4th

artist is kizaruya, that's not part of a comic

yes

Typical RP

Stupid question: If I buy an ESO+ membership right now, and then proceed to cancel it, would I still have ESO+ until the end of the month?

I know this is how it should work, but I want to make sure. Just bought ESO+ for a buddy but I don't want to leave the sub on auto renew just in case, but it'd be a bummer if I got charged again

I made an argonian sorc becuase I thought he looked cool, but the more I look into the game the more I think I should have made an altmer

Did I fuck up?
Can an Argonian still be a good DPS sorc?

Thanks

Do 2 other noobs wanna party up? Preferably Warrior and Rogue since I'm a wizard

that is exactly how it works.

Nah, you're fine.

thanks m8, I know its a stupid thing to worry about, but they really should just give the option to buy a month at a time without the recurring membership. They way they word everything had me worried

just be aware that the craft bag is an incredible hook that won't let you unsub easily if you are at all into crafting.

Ye, I keep resubbing just for the bag too, it sucks a million dicks playing without it

I only asked because I bought a month of ESO+ for a buddy so we could do the DLC quests together and didn't want to get dinged for another month

Should I bother crafting those potions that give effects other than simple healing and recovery like crit and damage if I'm sub lvl 50. I feel like I never have to use pots because I have a lot of health regen and I might as well use pots to farm faster or something.

Someone?

probably not. on the other hand, do level provisioning, food of health + main attribute makes a significant difference, and once you're of some level, psijic ambrosia isn't all that expensive.

a fragment is 8000 realistically a piece, and perfect roe is 11500 max viable. max connoisseur so it lasts for 50 min instead of 30 and it's great.

>cooking

eh I already spend so much time when I to my crafting stuff with the things for gear and enchants and doing writs before I can go back to doing PvE. I just buy my food.

fair. I have my main crafter stamplar with wood/metal/cloth, magsorc with provisioning and stamdk with alchemy. it works out well for me.

If ESO quests are better than the majority of MMOs I'd really hate to see how it's done in other games. My only experience is wow quests to lvl 20 and those were real bad.

Do the main story quests not have a level requirement anymore?

Every time I finish one there's a new one available, and I'm level 9

correct. be sensible and put the end game off until you've done your last zone, unless you like your timeline inconsistencies.

I've only played wow and ff14 briefly and they are mainly fetch quests with ff14 having partial voice acting but prob the best camera work in the genre. Wow is just walls of paragraphs still I think with no voice acting.

With ESO you get full voice acting and standard/no camera work but you get quests with optional conditions, choosing one ending or another, and sometimes you don't get a marker you just get *HINT so you have to look around a bit to figure it out.

ESO has the best story and but it's comparable to ff14. ESO would have the best quests in the game if it also had ff14s camera work. In the end eso is still wow style paragraphs but more dynamic with voice acting and emotes.

also
>tfw never play an mmo to end game or even close
>almost level 50
>random que for white gold tower
>used to doing banished cells where you just steam roll past rooms and beat up a boss and thats it
>mfw getting thrown in a cage thats on fire taking dot and I have to lock pick my way out
>mfw having to dodge all the lighting and avoid the instant kill edges

I've never gotten to the part in any mmos where it isn't just run headfirst into mobs and just dps without having to do anything else.

fun as fug

it's usually pretty easy to guess if the water is ocean/lake/stream/foul just from the environment, and its probably just one wasted bait at worst (if you get Used Bait its the wrong kind, if you get a fish it will say on the fish description what kind of water it is)

Any faggots here play on PS4?
Is it fun, unbearable or dead?
I already have it on PC but i'm curious so i might get the console version now that it's on sale

It's fun, I haven't played on PC to compare but there's plenty of people on.

+1