/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog General. Let's talk about Sonic games, old and new, and the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more

/sthg/ #640 - New Year 2017 Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/Developments

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Lebf577InkI
youtube.com/watch?v=IYKsjdkdRbw
youtube.com/watch?v=yZOnzCn-EOU
youtube.com/watch?v=qrCGk0BE7RA
youtube.com/watch?v=xDM7dNMT7TU
youtube.com/watch?v=3CYyEk-pAiQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1970s_in_music
youtube.com/watch?v=t36agO2H-ZU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=Lebf577InkI

Sixty threads to #700!

moderately paced

fast

Let's make Bump happy for the new year!

Posting appropriate imagery.

Delet Bamp

Sage a superior!

8th for Best Girl!

I want to bump Bump's bumps into the new year.

Why should she be happy if we can't be happy?

anotha one

Not gonna lie but if there isn't a mania trailer that is an Amy reveal with this music, then the sonic twitter isn't worth having. youtube.com/watch?v=IYKsjdkdRbw

So /sthg/, any plans for tonight?

I'll be staying in playing video games because I'm a useless piece of shit and all my friends are sick.

I'm gonna keep cataloging the various inkers and colorists that the comics have used

meal with the missus and in laws, then coming home and drawing comics all night and maybe playing some modded Banished

I hope Drunk Sally comes back

Be here keeping company to you and the rest of anons that will spend it home alone.

Chilling at my aunt's house and having burgers, watching tv, and playing games

ded

Going out to eat in a bit for my birthday, then otherwise just hanging around at home with family and all y'all.

BBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

snnnnniiiiiiffffffffffff...oh yes my rodent....sssnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff....quite pungent indeed...is that....dare I say....sssssssnniff...chili dogs I smell?......sniff sniff....hmmm...yes...quite so my rodent....sniff....quite pungent chili yes very much so .....ssssssssssssssnnnnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiffffff....ah yes...and also....a hint of....sniff....cheese.....quite wet my dear....sniff...but of yes...this will do nicely....sniff.....please my dear....another if you please....nice a big now....

BBBBBBRRRRRRRAAAAAAAPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPFFFFFF

Oh yes...very good!....very sloppy and wet my dear....hmmmmm...is that a drop of emerald I see on the rim?...hmmmm.....let me.....let me just have a little taste before the sniff my darling rodent.......hmmmmm....hmm..yes....that is a delicate bit of chaos my nemesis....ah yes....let me guess...chili dogs for dinner?....oh quite right I am....aren't I?....ok....time for sniff.....sssssnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff.....hmmm...hhhmmmmm I see...yes....yes indeed as well chili dogs......hmmm....that fragrance is quite noticeable....yes.....onion and garlic I take it my dear?.....hmmmmm....yes quite.....

BBBBBBRRRRRRRRPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTT

Oh I was not expecting that…that little gust my dear rodent….you caught me off guard…yes…so gentle it was though…hmmmm…let me taste this little one…just one small sniff…..sniff…ah….ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffffff…and yet…so strong…yes…the odor….sniff sniff…hmmm….is that….sniff….hmmm….I can almost taste it my dear…..yes….just…sniff….a little whiff more if you please…..ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffff…ah yes I have it now….yes quite….hhhhmmmm…delectable my dear…..quite exquisite yes…..I dare say…sniff….the most pungent one yet my dear….ssssnnnnniiiifffffffffffffffffffffff….yes…you're reading this in my voice aren't you?

happy new year user

See you in 2017

>Satam Cucks

Ignoring how "tumblr-y" it looks, I thought it was a pretty neat design.

Will 2017 see the return of _______?

>Sonic Boom wishes it was as popular as the Titans

Reposting this from last thread: You may pick up to 3 party members for this run
Only this time, it's hardmode.

Video games and sushi. I call it "Vushi"

TTG is the only CN show that isn't "first party" (it's done by WB Animation instead of CN studios) that the network gives good treatment

>sidecut

blaaagh

It's also a good dumb show to just throw on all day for New Year's so no one has to come in to work.

Frankly, Spike, and Dragon Breath

>Popular
Only because they spam it 24/7

two grounders and my cardboard cutout of hulk hogan

The reason it's spammed is because it's so popular, but the only reason it's so popular is because it's spammed, but it's spammed because it's popular.

>cardboard cutout of hulk hogan
How the hell did you unlock him?

I like Teen Titans Go.

I do too. It's hard being a fan of both.

Knuckles is my husbando

Rad red is not rad anymore.

youtube.com/watch?v=yZOnzCn-EOU

I like to call this "UnderTails: The Genocide Route".

fucking kek

Thanks, Johnny!

>Tails actually murdered all those self-aware animals

I'm not Johnny, I just provided the link.

They interupted his beauty sleep. They deserve to die.

>tfw never listened to any real music with lyrics or anything overly happy, usually video game music
>tfw this is what my playlist looks like after taking a crash course through sonic games
This music is stupid and sounds like it was aimed at 12 year olds. I really shouldn't like this.
But I do.
I mean come on I am all of me is basically linkin park at this point but a sick part of me enjoys it.
Im dissapointed in myself for falling for the trap that is sonic.

We can be degenerate together, user.

You're just expanding your tastes. Nothing really bad about that. What happened to you pretty much happened to me, but in reverse.

What games haven't you played yet?

Knux's theme is chill as fuck.

What a great End of the Year gift.

I kind of left a bunch of them half finished, but I plan to finish all the major ones in a few weeks. All I have is two more campaigns of adventure, 3 and knuckles, and the rest of adventure 2. I played like 5 stages of shadow ages ago but that game was way too bad to warrant a replay of it. Plus Id either need to emulate it or get a physical ps2, Im not planning on either.

I have a whole playlist on my Ipod that has Sonic Adventure 1,2, Generations, and Lost World on it. On my Phone I barely have any Sonic Music on it, I just have other video game soundtracks on it like Senran Kagura, Crash 2 and 3, and Persona. I still like Sonic music but not as much anymore.

>nothing really bad about that
Dude if your tastes are close to trash and you cant feel proud of them is that a good thing? This music I bordering on boy band levels of low tier. I may as well be listening to generic pop or jpop. I mean I know that's kind of the atmosphere modern sonic tries to bring especially looking at boom. Plus I don't really have tastes I never really have had any. I just play whatever is fun, join random gaming communities like this one so I can bury myself in escapism through mass amounts of fan content and of course the actual games. Its definitely not broadening my tastes.
I appreciate your positivity though.

>Crash 2,3 and persona
Are you literally me? I have playlists for all three of those.

>buttrock
>anything like pop
You sound like a fag who has never really set aside time to explore any genre at all.

I got 4, some of 3, and mostly Arena and Ultimax.

I love when this happens to people.

Here's a few more songs you might want to listen to if you haven't already.

youtube.com/watch?v=qrCGk0BE7RA
youtube.com/watch?v=xDM7dNMT7TU

>zebrahead version

There's no shame in liking Sonic music, my man. It's universally acknowledged as the only consistently good part of the franchise.

What is the best Egg robot and why is it Egg Dragoon?

>AESTHETIC design
>God-tier theme
>Godder-tier Generations remix
>FREEZE
>BURN
>TIME FOR A CHANGE OF PACE

youtube.com/watch?v=3CYyEk-pAiQ

Mostly because I'd have no idea where to start, I couldn't even tell you the genre of a random song if you played it 9 times out of 10. Im a pretty isolated person my entire life all I've ever had is video game music and even then I only listen to stuff from what I've played. I've never explored a genre nor do I plan to, I doubt I could anyway. Unless its video game related I seem to hate fun.

>liking sonic generations
Just stop, that game was mediocre at best and the 3D sections where a joke. Plus that boss section had situations in which you had to take damage. If eggman launched his drill as the perspective changed to 2D, at which point during the transition you cant move you get damaged by the drills flames. That killed me several times.

Just search by era. Go through the decades until you find a song you like, wiki the band, and find others like it or that share the same genre. It's how I've found most of my bands during my trip through the history of heavy metal.

Then stop sucking at the game.

Generations made me realize how fucking GREAT Dragoon is.
It's a great design with lots of interesting animations, and I love the fact that Eggman is constantly moving around through different pods in it to man different functions of this behemoth.

It's got fire and ice themed weapons, Missiles, a Drill arm. And it basically can shape shift in ways that make it an obstacle all on its own.

Goddamn I can't say enough good things about it. It's a really cool fucking robot.

>go though the decades
Is there like a wiki that goes through everyone major from the past few decades or something?

>Blaming the game for your lack of skill.
You ever think about...y'know, speeding up and outrunning the drill/explosion? Because as long as you keep a good pace shit like that doesn't really happen.

Also that level is CONSTANTLY giving you rings. You have to be fucking up a lot for that to kill you.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1970s_in_music
Yes. For each decade, too. From the looks of it this is as babby friendly as possible and even gives bands popular in yurop.

It's okay, user. You're becoming a Sonicfag. Don't fight it, just embrace it.

youtube.com/watch?v=t36agO2H-ZU

Im pretty retarded, but my common sense told me to not run closer to the homing drill that blows up. I didn't want to risk it. Plus i never really boosted with modern sonic except for when the game pretty much tells you you have to because 3D sonic was still pretty platform heavy and his levels where usually long treks. There where very few times when i could have gotten away with boosting. Even if i did it would have little effect. Generations was definitely my least favourite of the series as a whole. The later stages really overstayed their welcome and the mandatory challenges felt like padding. The game felt like it was purely feeding off nostalgia, having not grown up with the games I didn't have it.

Im not officially one until I start making folders and subfolders in the cloud to back up fanart. Im holding that off as long as I can.
Thanks user, I'll check it out, eventually.

>Im pretty retarded
>i never really boosted with modern sonic
>having not grown up with the games
Well, no wonder you didn't like it.

Reminder there's a new Boom ep. soon. Any guesses as to who this "mysterious character" indoctrinating the village is?

Buttrock isnt really a stepup from pop though

At best its a step beside

Rouge.

>gens pc refuses to use any controller and defaults back to keyboard
Might as well uninstall the game

you know the answer, user

Dude if youre as socially isolated as you claim then theres literally no problem with having a shit taste in music since no one is around to judge you for it, seems like you just want to selfhate for the sake of selfhate

>there's no one around to judge you for it
You are your own best judge user.

>Snively
Not in a million years. Plus, it's supposed to be a game character.

Isn't the Boom episode on now?

Another Eggman Robot.

Calling it now