/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Rare Micolashes Edition

The night, and thread, were long: >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne Damage Calculations and Formulas
pastebin.com/YnRRZPMp

first for kos

first for Kosm

AHH, KOS

>want to do strength build
>get sick looking Kirkhammer
>swing at enemy
>29 damage
???

can i wear a fursuit in this game

>Kosm

Beast-Possessed Soul really is a fuck, you're not alone, I hate him myself. Something about his string of attacks just fuck me up, no point parrying him if you're anything but a skill build, and he dodges backwards after every single fucking hit on him, he's a right bollocks, no doubt.

MARRY THE DOLL
HOLD HANDS WITH THE DOLL
LOVE THE DOLL

Brador's set

>upgrade kirk
>pump strength
>jam any physical or blunt gems you get into it
>???
>profit

How the fuck are you even meant to kill bosses on an arc build
>most bosses are primarily weak to physical
>can't use viscerals
>can't use beast blood pellets
Am I just supposed to chip my way through 40k HP 300 damage at a time?

Beast's Embrace rune

I read all things about chalice dungeons, yet I have not even a bit of a nerve to farm like in an mmo for all these materials.

Is there a super fast way to do this?

Sleep with the doll

Elemental weakness and Hunter tools.

its all about exploiting weaknesses, you need to do your research

most bosses are either weak to bolt or fire - as well as additional effects like serrated, or righteous. The early game is actually pretty easy on ARC if you know what you're doing. Level the fuck out of flamesprayer, dump a load of arcane, then throw bone marrow ash on it. You'll fucking melt Amelia in seconds.

Elemental gems, nigga

Saw Spear and waning fire gem from Cathedral Ward, pump arc. Once you've put an elemental gem (arc, fire, bolt) on a weapon, that weapon now scales exclusively off of Arcane. The more elemental gems, the more damage. Don't forget to upgrade the weapon itself. You'll find bosses tend melt under their particular elemental weakness, such as fire for any beast boss and arc for later stuff.

Arc builds start off rough but get better once you open chalices and can get nice fire gems early on from Hotdog.

>Elemental weakness
Not every boss has one
>Hunter tools
Only useful as a primary damage source if you have really meme tier levels of arc, if you stop at 50 you might as well not bother
I didn't have any issues with the early game, it's late game and DLC that's been a pain for me. A +10 weapon with 20% gems should not be hitting for 200 per swing.

>Kos

I don't understand what killed me here.

Unfortunately, no. You want the good stuff, you work for it. But you don't need to go total autimsal Korean unless you want the squeeze out a few extra points of damage for PVP. You can farm the Winter Lantern enemies in Mensis and the Fishing Hamlet until you get some decent stuff that can carry through the game and NG+ easily.

i didn't even farm chalices on my arcane build because i still dont understand them

flamesprayer and bone marrow ash will carry the vast majority of the game

also getting kidnapped early and grabbing tonitrus helps you deal with bosses like Rom, One Reborn, Amy, who are weak to bolt.

i was considering making a kinda guide for early game arc since people seem to have so much trouble with it

Well, if you folowed our nice meme guide and you're assuming you just skate through end-game content with a +6 saw Spear with any ~10% Fire gem shoved into it, you're in for a rude awakening. Those "guides" are "don't get hit :^)"-tier.

However, most, if not all bosses, have cripple-able limbs that will take bonus damage once broken, and at least one substantial elemental weakness.

Phys+BBP+Paper will always be the best way to annihilate bosses, but Arc is more than adequate.

>not rolling with 99 arc
Only yourself to blame.

You need to switch out gems a lot and use the right versions of weapons. Lost versions of weapons are best for getting the most out of elemental gems since they have one each gem slot.

Then what about bosses like Orphan that aren't weak to any element?
Even on Ludwig with a fire weapon and 50 arc I did less damage than a level 4 character with fire paper and BBP.
What the fuck is the point of this?

Why are 90% of the gems I get either ATK down or health gradually depletes?

FC WHEN

There's already an arc guide available from the OP

Start with that and go from there

Invisi-vomit it looks like

>Even on Ludwig with a fire weapon and 50 arc I did less damage than a level 4 character with fire paper and BBP.
That's because BBP increases your damage by 20% at least, and Paper has 50 or 80 base damage.

>What the fuck is the point of this?
Having ARs comparable to a phys weapon, but targeted at an enemy's elemental weakness, while only needing to put points into one scaling stat.

FC WHERE

yeah that guide looks pretty good, pretty similar to what i did except chalices since i dont know how the fuck they work, who to farm and so on. I really need to look this shit up and get it figured out

IT
SAYS
IN
THE
OP

Orphan has a fire weakness, though.

Arc builds are dependent on gems, you need gems in each slot to benefit from levelling up arc, not just levelling arc alone. The more gems, the more damage. Cathedral Ward and twice through Pthumeru should net you some good stuff for the mid point of the game.

Arc builds are not good for beginners, Bloodtinge even more so. They require planning and time to get powerful.

Ask me any questions about chalices you have, and I'll answer.

That first OP link really does have a ton of info in it, check it out. Further questions should be asked in the thread.

Okay, so what's the point if you're only getting "comparable" AR, at the cost of not being able to use viscerals or BBP?

i get the general idea of how the layouts and such work, i dont get how using glyphs works, how people know what to farm and stuff like that

I think that if i just start with the chalice from BSB i can gather the materials from within them to keep doing all the chalices in the pthumeru line without having to leave? And each chalice has 5 floors?

If i return to the dream and go back in are all the enemies still dead or do they respawn? If they're dead, how do i farm them? By recreating the chalice with materials (meaning i have to grind them?)

What is the point of root dungeons, i get they just randomise things, but is there loot exclusive to randomised dungeons and you just have to keep spamming them until you get lucky?

>Going through the chalices a second time
>L3 Pthumeru, see this guy for the first time
>Seems chill
Is he like a scurrying beast, but passive? Or is he more of a lick-it-and-die enemies. Genuinely shocked I haven't seen this guy before.
Before someone asks, Hitler, Strength, Amyg Arm 50/20/50/13/6/10

He's innocuous unless you attack him.
He can cast powerful spells and drops lots of items.

Chalice pinatas.

I'll give you a hypothetical.

An enemy has 100 phys def, 70 fire, and 20 bolt.

You can either pump strength to 50, Skill to 25 or less, use a 6-700AR phys weapon with BBPs and Bolt Paper, and there's your build.

Or, you can pump Arcane to 50, Str and Skl to

>Arcane to 50
>access to Hunter Tools

Completely harmless, called Pilgrims. Drops 10 bullets upon death.

>Summon someone for Laurence
>they're wearing literally 0 armor
>dies immediately

Thanks

Hunter Tools are spells, you get access to everything at Arc 50.

So you end up with a build that's worse in both PvE (no BBP) and PvP (no visceral damage).
Tell me exactly what is the point of this again?

He also makes a bell sound when he turns around

With Roots, you can make them harder by either making them Cursed, Rotten or Foetid with extra materials(One of the main Pthumerus are Cursed)
This in turn it means that absolutely beastly cursed gems drop, such as +27.5% and more-better runes, chunks and different gem slot weapon variants. At this point, if you want to go to fight club, you need some gems from a FRC Pthumeru Iryll, Lower Loran, or Lower Isz dependant on your build

>you get access to everything at Arc 50
Not if you want them to do anything resembling damage.
Or do you consider those 200 damage blacksky eyes a worthwhile use of your time

right so all of the good gems are in the random ones, since only the random ones can be cursed?

so the only reason to bother doing the premade ones is to unlock the root chalices for the various levels?

Is there ever any point of doing root chalices of anything but the hardest level 5 ones, since thats where the best gems drop?

How much harder does hemwick become after Amelia? I'm debating which to do first, the witch boss just looks like aids

>worse in both PvE (no BBP)
You use BBPs to damage ramp to overcome an enemy's physical defense because their physical defense is usually their highest. Elemental builds don't need that kind of help.

>and PvP (no visceral damage)
Arc builds can do what Bloodtinge builds do: use a fast strong attack (like the Chikage's unzip) on an interrupted enemy.

And Tools are a huge boon in PvP. I'd take Tools over visceral damage any day.

But that's the paper-rock-scissors you're getting to now: Phys builds can ramp damage and possibly visceral, Blood builds can't ramp damage but have tremendous ARs and although they forgo viscerals, get interrupted and unzipped once and you'll see they're not missing it any; and Arc builds forgo both ramping and viscerals as well, but gain access to targeted elemental attacking and Tools.

They're nowhere near as bad as you make it sound.

Not as aids as Hemwick Charnel Lane overall after you've beat Amelia. Demon faggots all over the shop

>And Tools are a huge boon in PvP
Not at 50 fucking arc you mook. And sure as hell not in the wide open arena of a FC.

Hunter tools don't stop scaling at 50 and have no hard/soft caps. If you are dedicated, 99 Arc Auger attack can lock on OHKO most, if not all enemies you come by, and can easily take out a PvPer who isn't prepared-and you have AccBrew and BS eye on top. Add the S-Rank scaling Kos Para/ Milkweed rune, and you have a dedicated, unique and hard to counter build at the cost of very little Vit -A glass cannon through and through
My character with this build is called Gandalf the Gay, I gave him lipsick, shadow-the works

Hunter tools are meant to be used as just that: tools. You use them to augment your playstyle and help in situations that are appropriate for certain tools. Your weapon is still your main source of damage.

Using tools as your main source of damage is a fool's gambit, and on top of that the damage is perfectly serviceable at fifty arc. I'm saying that as an arc build with fifty arc, mind you.

You don't have to farm for chalice materials, you just DO chalices and you end up with the loot to make all the regular dungeons EZ.

If you have online you can join root dungeons for free forever after making one of your own

If not, you could just go to NG+ and be able to buy even the rare chalice materials for Insight

The only korean farming is for 'muh 5 more damage blood gems' which don't matter at all and you shouldn't care about because it won't change how many hits you take players down in and will save you 1-2 hits against bosses tops

user, here's you (You), now please fuck off.

At this point I think he's trolling.

If he doesn't understand the benefits of the pressure, stun, and damage creep they offer I say his loss for being such a caustic faggot over it.

>What is the point of root dungeons
THE POINT IS INFINITE TOUGH PvE CONTENT BECAUSE HARD BOSSES ARE FUN

YOU UNSIGHTLY BEAST

WAIT WHEN DID (YOU)S COME BACK? hail Redditoshima

>So you end up with a build that's worse in both PvE

I see you've never played an Arcane build before.

Some weapon varients/ runes are exclusive to certain chalices. Want an uncanny saw cleaver?-Pthumeru Root
Want a Logarius Lost Wheel?-Pthumeru Iryll root. Exclusive, rare ring of rejection which gives you +10 lonliness when not worn by your queen?=Pthumeru Iryll
It's ironic how the Executioners are the more Vile ones. Vileblood> Hunter> League>>> Executioner

But if you want them phat gems, furthest down depth of each variant of chalice is what you want. If I remember correctly
>Pthumeru=Radial
>Loran=Triangular
>Isz=Waning
>Hintertomb=Useless after the Short chalice change

Usually an user here will announce that they are doing an FRC with a password, as not only are they harder, cost more overall to do the ritual, but helpers get to roll the dice of gud gems with the host-its just an case of I scratch your back, you scratch mine at little expense to the host

I accidently srrc my way into reddits fight club, and lo and behold, it's all the same people from our own fight club. Getting some practice in before we start proper I suppose.

>My character with this build is called Gandalf the Gay, I gave him lipsick, shadow-the works

Ian McKellan would approve.

>Anything more vile than the literal murdercucks

Get out of my thread.

i see thank you.

Do enemies respawn when you head back to the dream? I got a fire radial off watchdog (10%) but i removed the chalice to make the Central one

That was probably retarded, since i could have gone back in and killed watchdog again for another fire radial right? Or do you have to remake the chalice to farm bosses?

Speaking of weapon types, i know Uncanny wheel is best, but what versions of Saw Cleaver and Tonitrus should i be looking for?

Who did you see there?

What?

Sorry user was lost in the arcane discussion.

>i dont get how using glyphs works
Glyphs are passwords that allow you direct , free, access to a specific chalice dungeon. You can use them to open a chalice of the type (X Pthumeru, Hintertomb, Loran, etc.) and Rite (Fetid, Rotted, and/or Cursed) that you yourself have made before (so you can't use a glyph to access an Ailing Loran dungeon until you've made an Ailing Loran dungeon; or a Cursed Pthumeru until you've made a Cursed dungeon of any kind). The exception to this is Root dungeons. All you have to do to access any Root dungeon of a specific "region" (Central Pthumeru, Ailing Loran, etc.) is have the Root Chalice in your inventory; you don't need to have made a Root dungeon.

>I think that if i just start with the chalice from BSB i can gather the materials from within them to keep doing all the chalices in the pthumeru line without having to leave?
Not quite. Some ritual materials have to be found in the single player parts of the game, and can then be bought. But yes, most will be found in other chalices (refer to )

Chalices are between 3 and 4 Layers deep, and you have to leave the chalice and return to the Dream to start the next one.

>If i return to the dream and go back in are all the enemies still dead or do they respawn?
All the normal enemies respawn on death, exit, or Mark, just like in the main game. Bosses stay dead, just like the main game.

>If they're dead, how do i farm them? By recreating the chalice with materials
Yes, be recreating the chalice.

>(meaning i have to grind them?)
No, this is where glyphs come in.

>What is the point of root dungeons
Root dungeons are the real meat of the game. They offer the most difficult content and the best loot. The reason you need glyphs s to visit specific Root dungeons.

Mercure, Walter Allgood, and some others I recognize from last couple of weeks.

No Grumpy Pete or Cranston though

>just started NG+
>doing the the thing where you see how long you can last til going to the dream
>am an arc build
>fire weapon breaks before gascan

Fuck

so if i type in a glyph code to create a dungeon i dont need to have the required materials?

So say Uncanny Wheel is in Cursed + Defiled Pthumeru root chalice - i dont have to have ever made a Cursed + Defiled Root chalice, just have the chalice itself, then use a glyph code to make the right seed so i can find it? And i wont need the correct materials such as Ritual Bloods or whatever?

What's the difference between 40 bloodtinge and 50 bloodtinge? Is it that big a deal?

is this sevric?

What's the glyph?

Grumpy Pete wants to poison some reddit fools.

is anyone doing pvp around mergos loft?

Is there a bloodtinge guide in the same vein as the arcane one?

Yup, been doing adversary srrc in my spare time in the attempt to git gud.

Why don't you guys just read the OP resources.
There's a document that say "read this before asking questions". Both Arc and Blt are there

Yes it's a big deal.

No point in going 40, 25 is good enough if you just want good guns.

get to cainhurst or get to brador, level vit until you get to either then start leveling bloodtinge, use a saw spear/cleaver
it's not complicated
Stick to NF and mensis, the fights aren't great but they're better than srrc invasions

Level Vit, level Blt, get Chikage, level more, farm offshapes for the rest of your life. Done.

>so if i type in a glyph code to create a dungeon i dont need to have the required materials?
>just have the chalice itself, then use a glyph code to make the right seed so i can find it? And i wont need the correct materials such as Ritual Bloods or whatever?
Exactly.

> i dont have to have ever made a Cursed + Defiled Root chalice,
To access a dungeon with an additional Rite you do have to have made a dungeon with that Rite.

It doesn't matter what "region", though. So you could make one Cursed Lower Loran, and now you could go to any Cursed dungeon that you have the chalice for.

Having made one chalice with the Rites is the game's way of knowing you're "ready" for that type of content.

i mean the middle

cvxae7ws

>tfw got my first no damage ludwig kill
feelsgoodman

>farm offshapes for the rest of your life
Is that actually necessary?

The difference is obviously 10, user.

In actuality it's will take you from 71% saturation to 85%, meaning you'll be using 71% of your potential scaling instead of 85%.

He can't do any cursed dungeon to access all glyphs, it has to be fetid, rotten and cursed besides being a depth 5. Basically, create a FRC Isz.

Not really, 27s are still pretty good but offshapes are ridiculously good.

Personally I think it's worth it, full blood chikage is amazing.

Necessary!?

Is it "necessary" for me to drink my own urine?

No, but it's sterile and I like the taste.

It is absolutely not necessary, but anons frequently want to to push the build as far as it can go

Anybody want to fuck up the camera beast with me?
Pass is wish

SRRCing