An end of an era

Last night the UK government gave the go ahead for 18 new "Garden Vilages" across the country, building on mainly brown feild sites it has been confermed that half of the coutries drag strips are to be demolished including "the fastest strip outside the USA" to make room for houses in areas with little work.

Nice work nasty party.

Thats sad user. They been trying to close them over here too. Mainly based on noise conplaints from people who moved into the area after the drag strips were built.

Yeah well, I'm not sure you're even from the UK, otherwise you'd display more understanding for the housing situation and the frankly utter international irrelevance of drag racing. Who the fuck even drag races in Europe, much less at an actual strip and not an old airfield in Poland?

Thanks Brexit

aren't they baleeting the top gear test track in favor of more housing too?

housing is more important than your disgusting hobby

Thanks evil nasty elites eho destroyed social housing and gave 14 million migrants access to the uk with zero educational or employment skills.

Also any other brits notice the absolutely fucking awful state of our roads?

Why are you even here

>drag racing
Literally who fucking cares?

The problem isn't a lack of housing it's where the housing is held. Buy to let landlords have driven the average 20 something out of the housing market by inflating prices of the housing stock and then keeping the ability of their tenants to save a deposit down by charging excessive rents. Building more houses especially at Long Marsdon (have you ever been there? All there is, is Shakespeare County raceway and a Network Rail test facility.) isn't going to change that problem, there may be some first time buyer houses available but there is talk of them being upto £420,000 hardly first time buyer friendly, add in the location where it takes a minimum of an hour to get into the local town (Stratford) at rush hour and only the Tories would think this makes sense, presumably because it will be a nice little faux village they can have a second or third home in.

not really

He might've found some harsh words, but he's right. If you're incapable of balancing realistic social priorities against your personal - recreational might I add - interests and put some vague aspect of one of your hobbies above the well being of your fellow man, you're a dysfunctional human being.

First they came for the drag strips, and I didn't speak up because I don't drag race.

Then they came for the auto cross cuircuits, and I didn't speak up because I don't auto cross.

Then they came for the drift cuircuits, and I didn't speak up because I don't drift.

When they came for my local cuircit there was no one left to speak up for me.

Solution: add more housing to offer cheaper rents
In practice: housing prices/rents will stay the same or go higher because landlords are greedy jews

The "housing crisis" in the first world is purely founded on greed, nothing more. Even chopping 20% off the rents would still leave them living very comfortably while allowing the average rentfag to get ahead, because saving $150-200 a month means a lot more when your part time job only pays $1500/mo

But nah, let's just perpetuate a cycle of subjugating anyone who doesn't make $50k+ a year.

Well given the real social issues caused by polution mayby you would be happy with a bam on all driving as a hobby, using a computer create polution ban that for none work?

wow youre a real piece of shit if youd rather have homless and a drag strip than the other way around
>Then they came for the auto cross cuircuits

lol theyre ripping up parking lots at malls?

Maybe they want the useless retirees out of places that are close to economic centers and try offering them relocation to the countryside. What retiree wants to live in one of your craphole cities full of anyway? You only do it for the money.

Air pollution is only an issue in urban centers and not measurably influenced by recreational driving, plus there are other measures to combat it.

Drag strips that only get used on the weekends by a bunch of people for their own amusement taking up square miles of space when there's a housing shortage is a real issue. Maybe you could've put the settlements elsewhere, I'm not that educated on this particular topic; but when the decision between drag strip and settlement inevitable, there's only one sensible choice.

>literally just two lanes of tarmac
You could rebuild this anywhere

>Solution: add more housing to offer cheaper rents
>In practice: housing prices/rents will stay the same or go higher because landlords are greedy jews

Exactly simply building hoses, especially expensive ones out of town isn't going to help anyone. Just up from my work are two spangly new developments (about 2 years old) that are over 60% empty. Why? Well they are on the wrong side of town for most people and they are all 25% more than the equivalent existing housing stock on the other side of town (the one with the amenities), all that the development has achieved is to effectively prop up house prices on the more desirable side of town, when they pop up for sale. House building alone will not solve the problem.

This slippery slope saying makes no sense at all. If other forms of motorsport were erased, wouldn't you think more people would start driving on circuits?

track days are already a waste of money

if they get a monopoly it would just increase

yay street racing

>has never autocrossed

you need permission from the landlord/property owner to hold a event

It's actually a strip of horrifically unsafe rubber caked asphalt that will need to be replaced.

no shit

what are they doing though

ripping up the parking lot lmao? the fuck even is an autocross circuit

autocross is shit tier anyway

Literally hit yourself in the head with the biggest book in your household until you're educated on the term. Topic is irrelevant, it just has to be big and heavy.

nah theyre not tearing down the mall because some ricers want to use the parking lot every few months

Yet Cheltenham Racecourse, Kempton Park or Newmarket Racecourse are all just feilds of grass in areas that are far more in need of housing than Long Marsdon and have no plans in place for demolition. Odd that the rich's personal - recreation can be ballanced against social priorities.

Global warming as it's name sugests is a global problem and one with far more extream consiquenses than expensive housing and every mile you drive anywhere in the world adds to that problem. Could it be you are incapable of balancing you personal recreation against the risks you pose to six billion other people? Arn's you being a bit selfish when you take the long way home because it is more fun.

Stay cucked poms, meanwhile in Australia all forms of motorsport keep getting bigger and bigger. Some insanely rich lebbo who loves his motorsport is building pic related near Adelaide. It has a drag strip, airport/top speed strip, dirt track, rally stages, 7km circuit, go kart track, rally cross track and all the accommodation and shops you could need.

why are there so many new people in england?

That's not the problem.
There is adequate housing in the north but no one wants to live there because it's shit and there's no jobs, they were literally selling houses for a pound at one point.

FUCK OFF WE'RE FULL

Because nobody gives a shit about drag racing.

>understanding for the housing situation

"there are 610,123 empty homes in England, according to the government. Of these, 205,821 have been unoccupied for six months or more, the official definition of "long-term" emptiness. In September last year, Scotland had 31,884 long-term empty properties."

Seems clear there are, 1/5 million more homes than needed in the UK so it's not a lack of properties.