FiST is pure shit. And FiST drivers are the worst cancer on Veeky Forums and I fell for the meme

FiST is pure shit. And FiST drivers are the worst cancer on Veeky Forums and I fell for the meme.

All fucking day on Veeky Forums its the same shit.

>MIATAS ARE FOR FLAMERS LOL
>Mercedes are shit!
>Porsche is shit!
>BMW? BREAK MY WALLET TOP KEK
>Audi ISNT EVEN LUXERY TOP KEK
>YEAH I GUESS THAT ENZO FERRARI IS OK

>FORD FIESTA ST HOLY SHIT WOW. SO FUCKING AMAZING. WHAT ENGINEERING, WOW. AMAZING HANDLING ON MINE GUYS, THINKING OF TAKING IT TO THE TRACK GOING TO WRENCH It MAYBE AFTER THAT

Buy one. within 6 months realize its a piece of Mexican trash

>Seat rattles
>parking break rattles
>clutch is made of plastic
>made in mexico and feels like it
>slower than a miata
>shit supsennsion killing my back
>memeboost is just a small shitty 1.0 engine with a turbo barely faster than the non ST

>BMW 135i M is same price used with low miles
>Miatas are all the same price and actually fun and comfy

Just fucking kill me. I'm selling mine straight away to the first fucking VAPING POOR FFAGGOT ANIME MASTERBATOR I can find.

FiST is literally only popular because its POORFAGGOTs jerking the only car they can afford when in reality its a fucking piece of trash with a sports logo on it despite having nothing sporty about it except that TRASH hard suspension. POORFAGS KYS.

Wtf did you expect from a cheap FWD econobox, ya blew it

Sage

POORFAG DETECTED.

Lmao

Stop listening to poor people. Sell that POS and get a real car like Audi

assmad gm fangirl detected
Ford is GOAT

user... You could of bought a Mazdaspeed 3. Cheaper, faster, more tuneable, and actually good build quality.

>Not test driving one before buying
You are the only retard here.

The FiST is a godmachine. You clearly don't own one because you'd love it, just like every other owner.

until your engine shits a piston or knocks itself into oblivion.

I mean past that great cars.

Should have just bought a Veloster.

At least you would have gotten great dealer service and better resale value.

>better resale
top kek

That car looks like an ugly shoe and has less chops then the FiST.

> he didn't buy an Abarth Punto
lol

>Buy one. within 6 months realize its a piece of Mexican trash

But what will you say when Ford moves their plants into the greatest country of all time?

That only happens to the retards trying to put down 400-600whp with giant turbos. Which btw, why the fuck would you do that and still daily it?!

All Ive done for power is simple bolt-on upgrades, fuel pump, tmic, and tune. Probably at 300+whp and haven't had a single problem. Stock clutch is even holding up at 80k miles.

Went to the track with it, no problems. Daily it, no problems. Spirited drives, no problems.

I thought I chose the wrong car after looking at the Fiesta ST, because it's nice curb weight. But then I test drove one...

Fun little car, but it's quality is lacking. Interior seems cheap, ride is a bit rough, and yes, squeeks and ratltles. But that's what you get for that price range. Nothing to be ashamed of, just a reality of that price point.

Both great cars, you just get more when you spend more sometimes.

I test drove one shortly after buying my BRZ.

The seating position alone should have been enough to convince you not to buy it.

My old 2005 SRT4 was faster and handled better out of the box.

>1.0 liter engine in a FiST

Want to know how I can tell you never owned one?

It looks like a small minivan. Needs a better hoodline.

>I-ts 1.6 L!!

fucking poor fags swear to god

>60% difference in displacement isn't significant

Don't mind me, just enjoying a 260lbs-ft at the wheels in my tiny hatchback.

>taking Veeky Forums Veeky Forums opinion/advice on what car to get
>mostly 15 year olds who don't know shit about cars and actually owning one
>tries to convince you a slightly sporty eco shit box is actually legit
If it's not rwd and manual and is fast or has good aftermarket to become fast, then I don't give a fuck. Fwd cars can fuck off.

You are entitled to your opinion and memes

What you are not entitled to is judgement

GM team working overtime tonight. You guys upset about the Dart flopping miserably or something?

>called out
>goal post shift

Expected from memebait

>trying to pretend 197 HP is excusable

Poorfags are fucking pathetic.

There are so many better used options in this price range. Just pathetic

Pro-tip: the world is not a hugbox and people will judge every action you take.

>>slower than a miata
>>Miatas are all the same price and actually fun and comfy

You should have gotten a Miata then.
Or a Civic
Or a Corolla
Or a Sentra
Or anything Japanese.

Nip shitbox>every other shitbox

>same price

They're almost 10k more

Oh I'm well aware, it's just that they're not ENTITLED to the judgement.

Never said that would stop anyone, we live in the age of entitlement where people will feel they've earned or deserved anything up to and including being rude to complete strangers over imagined slights.

I would never ever debate the fact that there are judgmental folks out there.

Those goal posts just keep getting further and fuuuurther awasaaay. But hey whatever you need to tell yourself to feel better about getting smoked by a 1.6l on the twisties. I mean, it's already obvious you've never owned or driven one.

>slower than a Miata

On what planet O.o

I don't own either or really care but I would assume the fiesta st is actually faster...?

Its slower than a mazda6 too.

That's not really that surprising though. The Miata is a little surprising to say the least. Anyone have any actual numbers on that?? Just curious to see, I drive a shitbox civic.

Honestly i own a FiST and i am quite pleased with it. Sure it's FWD but for the price and the cost of mods (got around 250HP and 300TQ with 2000CAD of budget) .
Haven't had any issue with my seats clutch or parking break.
Also the suspension is meant to be stiff...

I was quoting OP, you idiots.

ive driven one for 1 year and i dont have any of these problems

you can buy a miata for under 3k so why not own both?

Not exactly slower but...

>300+ whp
Get that shit dynoed

I mean none of those vehicles are meant for straight line racing, so those are some bizarre metrics to measure them all by. Thanks very much for posting the numbers though, much appreciation to those willing to do the homework to counter-act people that just pull statements out of their butts

Don't forget it rips the shitty mounts in 2 weeks

Thats what you get for being a faggot and shopping via car advice you got from Veeky Forums

>GM
>Dart

>sporty doesn't have to be bone chipping

The Fiesta ST gets lower numbers than the other two principally because it's traction limited. It's a tiny FWD box with almost more torque than it can handle straight from the factory. It's still quite a bit heavier than the mx-5 and GT86, to boot.

The really telling numbers are the 100-200kph stats. When traction isn't an issue the Fiesta ST can really make use of it's grunt.

God machine....

>fwd
>solid rear axle
>less than 2.0 L
>eco box
>single piston calipers on THE FRONT
>awful cheap interior

yea no. I'll take one of the toyobaru's or a miata than a fwd meme car.

kys faggot

>getting memed into buying ford products by half a dozen prolific shitposters on a taiwanese steel workers forum

Fiesta st is slightly lighter than an 86

>Ford is pure shit. And Ford drivers are the worst cancer on Veeky Forums and I fell for the meme.
amazing how it's still 100% true

>with almost more torque than it can handle straight from the factory
are the factory tires made from soap?

They come with Potenza RE050a's

>assmad GM fangirl upset his chev badged Daewoo can't compete

Always have a look at the front brakes and it will tell you what type of car you are dealing with.
Single piston caliper in 2017 is unaceptable on "sports" car.

Isn't the number of pistons directly related to the weight of the vehicle and what's needed to stop them?

But they haven't yet. So it's still Mexican trash

What's the best trim to get for a Mazda 3?

The BUS trim.

Enjoy Hell, then.

Yea sure, the car only needs single piston brakes in the front. They will stop the car adequately for safety standards.

However in 2017 on a sport oriented car with a good amount of its weight sitting on the front, 2 piston brakes with slotted/cross drilled rotors should be standard. Or at least offer a factory brake upgrade for $500.

I can totally see where you're coming from and I'm actually curious now if the rear brakes are also single caliper, I'm willing to bet they are.

That said, don't they offer brake upgrades for the Fiesta ST from factory, or are they just like the same calipers painted red lol

Definitely single piston in the rear. Having single piston rear brakes on a entry level sports vehicle makes sense since most of the work is done by the front brakes.

Ford doesn't offer brake upgrades for the fiesta ST or the focus ST. Only power and suspension upgrades are offered.

The red brakes are just that, red painted brakes. No difference between the standard and red brakes

Wow that's ridiculous. Again, thanks for the info.

>muh ST
>muh curvey roads

poor fags are pathetic

>he thinks his ricer shit is faster than my car

Guess again faggot.

As a FiST owner, this thread is fucking amazing. The level of effort it must have taken to write all that bait. Fair play, it made me laugh.

10/10 all around.

>not buying a WRX
at least everything bad you listed is included but you don't break the bank on buying one used

If I have 20k in the bank and I need a car is the Fiesta ST really a good option for having fun?

Yes, it's huge fun

Test drive one and you'll see what I mean

I could get a Mustang GT for the price though what do you think?

Drive both and choose what's best for you m8.

They're very different cars. Drive both and figure out want you prefer

8/8 thread.

SO what directly competes with Fiesta ST anything?

Peugeot 208 GTI

It's a suped up Econobox with Recaro seats. What the hell were you expecting, OP?

Kia Forte5 SX Turbo
Chevy Sonic RS
Nissan Sentra Turbo
Honda Civic Turbo

Yeah but what competes?

They get worse

Source: owned a mexican ford, own an american ford, need to quit buying ford. fucking ford

The Civic destroys it
The Sonic """"competes"""" only because of the handling
I don't know enough about the Sentra
The Kia is shit

this is why i bought a wrx

Lel mine makes 280 wheel Torx
>mfw 25psi

So to answer the question, yes. Enjoy spinning 1st and 2nd on the stage 1 ots tune

Quads confirm wrx godmobile