/sgg/ - Slasher Games General

Ribbit Edition

>What is Dead by Daylight?
Asymmetrical Online multiplayer. 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators, while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them

>What is Friday the 13th?
a upcoming slasher game featuring Jason and counselors. 7 counselors with different stats and abilities try to escape the camp while Jason kills them one by one
f13game.com/

>Official Wikis and sites
deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Dead_by_Daylight_Wiki
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friday_the_13th:_The_Game
deadbydaylight.com/
f13game.com/
lastyearthegame.com/

>Discord Chat
discord.gg/Eb3WFHz

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/dbdgeneral

>Latest Patch Notes (v1.3.1)
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/154642901285984203/

How to dupe perks (You might get banned for this maybe I don't know)
i.imgur.com/6laMQ7N.jpg

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/srcgav.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Every time I see this image I rage.

What are the essential perks to have as a killer/survivor? What perks should I not use because they're bad/too cheesy and anti-fun for the opposition?

Do killers live happy lives?

Nope.

What's the newest expoit?

Well, I mean, if all you've ever wanted to do with your life is kill people, I'd imagine this would be a pretty sweet deal. I don't imagine Michael Myers hating this life, maybe if it got too stale from killing the same people over and over again or if the fun of killing is gone because you know they're just going to wake up safe and sound back at the camp.

>start playing killer because getting more bloodpoints per game is easier
>end up liking killer more than survivor
Nice

You mean recently or even newer? Didn't see any new ones in the past 2 days. TFW not enough perks on killer to 4x Brutal Strength.

Because it's better. Until you reach a level where no matter how good you play, you still "lose".

Kill is run until rank 10
Then its beyond miserable.

>tfw the game didn't win the "Villain most in need of a hug" reward so the discount didn't go up

>killer is better than survivor
I disagree.

>no matter how good you play, you still "lose"
Don't doomsay all over my fun like that and not elaborate, please.

can't now, game starting

SWF will swarm hooks, give you guided tours to where ever pallet is on that map, and never let you get a single kill unless you have a mori.

This already happens to me and I'm only at rank 16 for a killer, and I get matched against rank

Is it possible to just not rank or level up at all and keep getting matched with other low ranked people?

Pro tip, if you hook the same guy three times he dies automatically

Even if he was healed?

Yes

No matter what. The way the hook works is there are three states, idle, struggle and death. On your first hook you'll be put in idle state. The meter will slowly tick down, progressing you to struggle state. You can attempt to escape from the hook yourself, which will eat up a large amount of the meter and putting you closer to struggle state. once you hit struggle state, you must spam spacebar to slow down the rate of decay in the rest of the meter. Once the meter finishes you die. However, if you are unhooked in idle state, the next time you're put on the hook, you'll skip idle state and go straight to struggle state. Similarly, if you were unhooked during struggle state, you'll skip to death state immediately. Do you get it?

>if you were unhooked during struggle state, you'll skip to death state immediately. Do you get it?
What if I got unhooked and healed afterwards? I could have sworn I saw a survivor get hooked twice and both times his rescue bar was full, did I just see wrong or is that possible?

Initially when you're put back on the hook after being rescued from struggle state, the bar will hang at it's previous position. A couple seconds later the meter will drop to halfway and initiate struggle phase. Being healed afterwards has zero effect on hook state progression, and no add-ons or tools will revert them either.

Healing does nothing for changing the hooked state.
It just makes it so you can take another hit from the killer.

always bet on Ace baby!

is Hex: Ruin worth buying from the shrine?

Nothing involving totems is worth it.

nope, all of the ones that are in the shrine right now are garbage

If I was a fresh player with no teachables and about to hit max cap on shards, I would buy :

calm spirit > quick n quiet > sole survivor > ruin

and sole survivor only because its cheaper than ruin, just to not waste shards over 1k cap

>implying its easy to get the same guy on the hook 3 times against SWF groups

Unless they're running builds specifically for healing you should be able to leg it back to the hook before they can finish a heal and re-down the dude who got unhooked.

>Its a part of marketing
>Look how broken our game is! And we won't ban you for exploiting!
Yes, that'll make people want to play your game

Matt>Ash>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>shit>>>>Dave

RRRRRRRR POST MORE MATT

For survivors, the "meme trinity" is Sprint Burst, Self Heal and Decisive Strike. All of these on the same survivor can make it very difficult to bring them down, if they know how to keep their distance. Sabotage can also make life unpleasant for killers (and downright suffering for Trappers).

Killer gameplay varies more (not only does each killer have different powers, but the survivors have to march to YOUR bell rather than the other way around), so it's hard to say what is and isn't essential. However, Brutal Strength, Unrelenting, and either Iron Grasp or Agitation are generally considered to be very useful. Enduring and No One Escapes Death basically help you recover from your mistakes, so their effectiveness depends on how often you make those mistakes.

I don't personally consider any perks to be off-limits, but many people consider the meme trinity and No One Escapes Death to be anti-fun.

I've always inferred that killers are as trapped in an endless cycle as the survivors are, and may feel just as tortured.

>I've always inferred that killers are as trapped in an endless cycle as the survivors are, and may feel just as tortured.
I don't think they're tortured at all.
Other than hillbilly and wraith, all of the killers were sociopaths and murders before stumbling into the areas where the entity grabbed them.

Hillbilly doesn't know anything but abuse, but he's more a product of his upbringing as he was just locked in a hole in the wall for being a deformed monster.
Wraith, well I still don't understand how he became a killer, his kill in the real world was actually one of vengeance.

Hag, Trapper, and Meyers no doubt take endless glee from their situation with the entity.

Does MM actually have 0 terror radius at Evil Within I? I've pulled three people straight off gens so far at the beginning of the game.

Is there any way to fall back to Evil Within I?

not possible to go back to EW1, he's got 6m radius, and against new players who are focusing on figuring out what skillchecks do, easy grabs

Okay, but is his terror radius gone while M2ing? I never actually play against him, so I have no idea what I'm really doing half the time

Feels like at home coming from dbd to this.

my.mixtape.moe/srcgav.webm

>Playing Ace
>unhook myself when the gates are open
>Killer so mad he says ace is broken

NOED seems fine, just small percentage increases.
>getting hit triggers bleeding out automatically
Ok, I can see how that might be frustrating.

Bosco I know you post here. Sorry I fucked you in that round steam name Mother Of Pearl

>Wraiths players embody the absolute worst in the community because all they do is tunnel and camp like faggots.
Just delete this fucking killer already

That's pretty much it.

All we have is a paragraph or two that usually devotes more description to what happened to the killer than their actual mindset. Other than Meyers, who is pure evil in the shape of a man, I don't think we have enough to discern whether any of the killers enjoy their situation or not.

>Its a game where you repair 4 gennys without the help of your team episode
mother fuckers didn't know you could hold down m1 to continue healing.

Isn't the idea that eventually the survivors lose all hope and become the killers themselves? For me I can imagine somebody saying fuck it and just becoming a killer and trying his best to enjoy the rest of eternity, which could be way less stressful than the life of a survivor that's for sure.

Unless the Entity tortures its killers daily just for shits and giggles even when they're already working for it, then yeah, I could see that being a shitty existence.

needs a name

Shitty Jason cosplay.

Is mister the saw even a Horror icon like the rest?

Trapper enjoys it.
Wraith presumably gave in to despair or something
Hillbilly is actually just an animal. I don't think he has any higher functions beyond basic survival and murder.

I dunno, billy looks pretty happy to me

Trapper was literally a real human bean who just happened to have killed people. What the fuck is up with nurse? Despair?

I bet a wolf enjoys the thrill of the hunt as well.

Trapper's backstory is based entirely around being his father's enforcer. He had no compunctions about killing anybody he asked, and eventually he probably also killed his father.

His default mask is grinning and his perks paint him, and probably the man he once was, as a complete fucking sadist.

>"At some point, the excitement of hooking one of us becomes more important than the desire to kill us."

>>"At some point, the excitement of hooking one of us becomes more important than the desire to kill us."
Similar to his relationship with his father.
He's a lap dog. The "praise" of doing a good job and bringing his master their food is a bigger thrill to him than just flat out killing

To expand further, look at Unnerving Presence and Brutal Strength.

To me, those perks in particular say, "I don't care if you know I'm coming and I don't care what you put in my way."

I honestly feel like they put more thought into Trapper than Hillbilly and Wraith, and maybe he was a biproduct of what the game potentially could have been. He used to be called 'Chuckles', for reference.

I think it's supposed to be a Patrick Bateman costume with a hockey mask.

God tipple lightweight+any perk is so good. Shitter killers depend on the tracks so much.

>Im exploiting to give myself an unfair advantage
>wow all these killers who can't find me are such shitters.
Really dude?

But what about nurse. Why did she turn?

She saw a lot of shit and was abused verbally and physically while working at the asylum to the point she lost it and murdered a bunch of patients one night

I keep getting hooked only once, yet on the second hooking I die instantly, what am I doing wrong?

is she dare I say it /ourgirl/?

>a bunch
She killed all, over 50.

Either you aren't struggling or you were struggling before and then you got hooked.

Killers are op anyways, sorry.

And this isn't going to go away for along time, so might as well have fun with it.

I get hooked, try to escape and then go into the space bar mashing mode, someone comes to free me and the next hooking I'm dead, is it because I'm entering struggle that it counts as twice hooked?

>Killers are op anyways, sorry.

>Hag hooks you
>Places all 10 traps and in the time it took to do that I was already into struggle
>Then insidious camps 3 feet away

Yes, if you ever enter the struggle phase before you get unhooked, you WILL die the next time you get hooked.

Oh, I had no idea. Well I'm not trying to get off the hook ever again then.

Yeah it's pretty much always best to just wait. Take up as much time as you can. The longer you're saveable the more likely you are to be saved.

>open the gates and the killer is on the other side of the map
>sees he hooked the one guy that helped me escape a hook and healed me before
>fuck it, run all the way back to him, killer is right there but gets distracted by somebody else
>get my bro off the hook but the killer saw us at the last second
>try to distract the killer because I'm at full health but he wants my bro instead and chases him nonstop
>bro didn't make it
>he was the reason I got out alive and fixed some generators
>I couldn't save him

They got a lot of movies out of the SAW franchise, so I figure he'd fit. He's probably more recognizable to modern viewers than fucking Chucky, anyway.

>Purple tool box that increase repair speed with both yellow repair speed addons
>Doesn't seem to be going any faster than normal
wow

>Hillbilly is actually just an animal. I don't think he has any higher functions beyond basic survival and murder.

Doesn't the flavour text for Tinkerer (one of Hillbilly's unique perks) explicitly say that Hillbilly is definitely more intelligent than he looks? I may be misremembering that.

>"The Crooked makes impressive tools out of scraps... Tools aimed at maiming us in creative ways... It's horrifying to think it's actually intelligent." -Notebook

Good. Unless you're playing a balls-to-the-wall luck-focused Ace, trying to unhook yourself should only ever be a hail Mary when you know for a fact you won't be rescued.

idiot retard don't comment on the lore when you don't know it
billy is by far the smartest of any of the killers

Happy New Years /dbdg/. It's a new year, new ritual.

You did remember to do your daily rituals, right /dbdg/?

dailies are for fuckin nerds and we pound nerds in this general

Why did they implement a report system if it LITERALLY doesn't do anything?

I think they just want to see what they get out of it before they start using reports to do anything. It may end up doing something later.

Just working on my nurse one Jason, just two more blink hits and I'll be all done

because salty faggot survivors will report anyone for any reason they can think of.
Just think of it as an autistic form of revenge.

In short, it gets abused by gay SWF groups, so they can't just go ahead and implement an automatic ban / punishment, since that would mean 99% of the time it would be unjustified

>get matched with the same survivor multiple matches in a row
>the two of you always had each other's backs, pulled off several sick saves each
>even traded items one time
>queue up for one last match before going to bed, get matched up with your fucking bro again
>the two other survivors were sabo jakes and took out every hook on the map
>you and your bro both get slugged way far from the basement, killer is off chasing other two
>the two of you initially try to crawl to hiding spots, but as your life bars slowly drained you realized those cunt jakes weren't coming to save you
>crawl next to each other as you bleed out, stare into each others eyes
>he dies first, you have a few hazy seconds to grieve before you lose consciousness yourself

I'll never forget you, pizza dwight

>Actual reports for exploits will fall through the cracks because people think "camping" is bannable
Gotta love it.

Why am I getting so many killers that take 5 fucking minutes to load and then its only me and another guy that bothered to not alt+f4 during the loading screen?

How many 50+ bloodwebs am I going to gave to go through to get the "good" levels on non-meta perks, because my "stealth" build is beyond laughable.

Depends how many teachables you have. but they'll most likely be the last few perks you have left.

Okay fine

Basic survival
Murder
Chainsaw and Chainsaw Accessories

That's it. I refuse to believe getting raised in total isolation with no stimulus does anything other than completely fuck you up.

>slippery meat
>up the ante
>stealth

I don't understand

Why do you think he wrote it as "stealth?"
Most be a killer main with how dumb you are.

He also said "good" when all those perks besides slippery meat an atually be useful, so I assumed he was serious about a stealth build.

He said it was beyond laughable himself. I'm assuming he doesn't even have lightweight at all yet.

Honestly though stealth is mostly how you play, not perks. The only perks I'd attribute to stealth MAYBE is Lightweight, Iron Will, and Quick and Quiet, which he has 2 outta 3. The radar perks too I guess. Although that being said those perks only come into play once you've been found already after not stealth...ing well enough. Which is why I said stealth is mostly the playstyle and not the perks.