WW II generals

itt: underrated WW2 generals [spoiler]yes I know we talk too much about war history and ww2 in particular here but fuck it[/spoiler]

Gonna start of with this brilliant bastard

>rise from colonel to field marshall in 6 years
>brilliant defender and a calculative person who kept his head cold in even the worst situations
>bloodied the nose of soviets and western allies alike in multiple battles where he was outnumbered and had scarce reinforcements
>Even Heinz "gotta go fast" Guderian had a lot of confidence in him and that's saying something
>was able to change Hitlers retarded plans on a few occasions thanks to being able to stand up to him thus avoiding further disasters in the eastern front

and of course I forgot about Veeky Forums not supporting spoilers

cunt seems like a ascout

>cunt seems like a ascout
>that picture
what did he mean by this?

Not only do most people have no idea who this guy is, you'd be amazed to find out how many people don't even know there WAS a landing in the south of France, nevermind that it led to the single largest capture of Wehrmacht soldiers on the Western Front, (a bigger haul than Stalingrad), or that the major Mediterranean ports seized through it were supplying close to 40% of material in the larger advance. I think part of the problem is that a lot of his ideas got overruled by Eisenhower.

>many people don't even know there WAS a landing in the south of France, nevermind that it led to the single largest capture of Wehrmacht soldiers on the Western Front
this is very weird considering it probably had good propaganda value.

I also have to admit that I know hardly anything of the southern landings or the campaign there

>what did he mean by this?
t historian examining a primary source
MUH DEGREE

>won civil war
>restored the republic
>total bro

no really, what does "ascout" mean? And I have no idea what you're talking about either

yeah definitely my favorite WW2 general

>thus avoiding further disasters in the eastern front

??????????????

should've said, "further disasters in his own area of command"

???????????????

Kluge was in charge of the operation, not him

Zhukov is undeniably great but it's not like he was the sole reason the Commies curbstomped Germany.

There's this OG too and let me tell you, he earned every last one of those medals he's wearing.

>Dat german surname

>He thinks Hitler was a pro-white activist!

Yes, that's why he slaughtered millions of white people and how many blacks and Muslims again? Hitler wasn't pro-white, he was pro-German.

Albert "You Shall Not Pass" Kesselring

>jews
>gypsies
>white

Ridgeway > kesselringer > other ww2 "generals"

No one forgets Rokossovsky though.
Vatutin is forgotten though.

>Dutch
>Danish
>Poles
>Latvians
>Lithuanians
>Ukrainians
>Not white

Devers? Dutch family. I forget, which side invaded the Netherlands in 1940 to secure a tactical advantage?