So Honda might introduce this thing to the US to compete with the miata, except it's even smaller and less powerful

so Honda might introduce this thing to the US to compete with the miata, except it's even smaller and less powerful

>1.0 litre turbo 3 cylinder
>127hp
>mid engine RWD
>6 speed gearbox
>1,870 lbs

thoughts? would murricans buy this?

How much would it be?

>3 cylinder
Gay and communist
>127hp out of 1L
Respectable I guess but still fucking small engine
>1800lbs
That's like chevette or 70s fiesta territory. At least it'll move faster with that weak fucking engine.

>would murricans buy this?

Maybe with a facelift or hardtop. It's a little too gay looking as is and it's probably "too sporty" for most women.

>he doesn't like 3 bangers

What are you gay?

My '90 Festiva weighed less than 1800lb and only had 66hp.

It was fun. Light weight does that. Sure, it would have been a riot with 110 hp, but it was a riot in a sort of F86 / Miata way.

Light is right. Fuck Lexus.

At that weight and HP I'd expect it to be faster than a Miata. A 6 second 0-60 is a lot of fun.

Looks stupid. Would need a facelift.

>would murricans fit in this?

Is it RWD?

Fags would buy it and people would probably track them, especially used ones.

Original miata made 128hp, weighed 2300 lbs.

Turbo 3 cyl will likely have a better torque curve.
Personally, I'd be all over it. Whats wrong with more competition in the small/light sporty class?

It looks nice but 3 cylinders? I'd like more power than that. maybe throw in something like the k20 that's in my civic si

although it's really light so a turbo'd 3 cyl seems like it would be responsive both in throttle, braking, and maneuvering

>so Honda might introduce this thing to the US
Honda already said it's not happening.

Yes, it's also a midship rear engine, and it will never come to the US. Just like the Turbo detuned Type R engine in a new reboot CR-Z will never happend.

I would buy it.
I would also import a Beat if I had the spare cash lying around, though.

Oh sweet, a RWD light fun car!

>Price: $25000+

Nobody will buy it.

>I would also import a Beat if I had the spare cash lying around, though.
You can get a super clean Beat for $8k, and average ones for a lot less.

R.I.P. CR-Z

If you could grab one of these for 20k... At that weight 5pounds of boost thru a turbo or super would feel like a rocketship.

>wet noodle civic

You could get a mint Beat for that much... Who the fuck pays 20k for a Del Slow?

So a CR Z convertable?

Maybe if it was dirt cheap, but I have a suspicion that the lack of horsepower will be a problem in the US market.

It's hideous

>1.0 litre turbo 3 cylinder
hahahahahahaha
>127hp
meh d16 all over again
>mid engine RWD
only postive
>6 speed gearbox
>1,870 lbs
so its barely bigger than a shoebox and it'll get blown away in a strong wind
>thoughts?
lol
> would murricans buy this?
not really

this

epic maymay my friend

S1000? When did this happen? ive only seen the S660

It's not happening, Honda said they're not doing it.

Yeah the US is lucky enough to be getting a Civic Type R. The list of cool Hondas that never made it to the US is endless.

in the US? not many at all. like 1 or 2 on the import sites ive seen

im looking to import a Cappuccino and every place i look either has none in stock or is super shady

The only thing that would stop me from buying one of these is the lack of storage space.

I lived 5 years with an X1/9 and it had two trunks that were both moderately useful even when you had the roof stored in the front one. The storage on the S660 is almost non-existant and is reduced to nothing with the lid stored away.

>would a burger buy it
I would if they released it in a hard top. But I bought a 500 abarth, so most of the folks on /o think my opinion is shit.

Just leave the cvt in nippon land

They start at 1.8 million yen in Japan which is less than $16k USD, I'd bet that a US version would come in around $18k.

There aren't too many, but the import places that sell them list them for under $10k.

Id rather buy a zzw30 mr2 and 2zz swap it for that amount of money. Id have a better handling car that is a lot more fun, with the pedigree of a lotus.

I mean, that's the Honda look. All their modern cars look like that

You underestimate how many people are too dumb/lazy to drive manual. Far more automatics are sold than manuals

the number is the engine size

>S660 is 660cc
>1 litre engine is 1000cc

>1,870
fuck me sideways that's light
it's like an actually fun smart car

Honda of NA was thinking about it until the president of that division remembered that Americans are fat fucks.

Shame too because that car can hit 1.3g on turns with stock chassis and tires.

Supposedly there's going to be a new S2000 but I'm afraid that it'll be another abortion by the American idiots who brought us the NSX.

Are you guys sure it's because americans are fat fucks? I saw a thin guy in a cappuchino and he could barely fit in it because these cars are designed for countries where the men don't even reach the upper part of the manlet spectrum

After they shit the bed with the CR-Z I'm tepid towards anything new

yeah i know but i was asking about the car itself

wasnt the aw11 the only one that had anything to do with lotus, and even then it was very minimal?

I've seen those in Japan. They're pretty fucking neato. Like a Transformer fucked a Smart car.

aw11 was a great handling tiny compact car. Lotus helped them do suspension.
SW20 was a bit bigger and a lot heavier but more practical and best looking of the bunch during the molten soap period.
ZZW30 goes back to AW11 style, can be swapped with 2zz engine which is in Elise(for a tiny bit extra you can get a literal elise engine) and is pretty much a goddamn budget elise that you can daily.

Will i be able to LS swap it?

I don't understand how we can have shit cars like the SMART for two and Chevy aveo and honda Fit

But anytime somebody mentions bringing one of these Kei cars here its like sacrilege that people might actually enjoy a small car.

I own a 72 austin mini witch is on the maximum end of small cars and that thing brings more smiles per a gallon to anybody that drives in it with all of its 38hp

Why would they sell a car, where 50% of the people won't even fit in.

mite b kool.

If Honda prices it cheaper than the Miata, they might be able to establish a small niche of customers. Similar to what Mazda did with the Miata. I still say the Miata outsells it 3 to 1 though.

It looks pretty shit desu
I mean I imagine it probably is a good car, but it looks both generic and mildly offensive at the same time

And it's awful
They universally look either boring or trying too hard to be edgy

They should just do a refresh on the s 2000. Not this bastardized thing

They're so fucking cute

I'm glad that more car companies want to make more lightweight sport cars to compete against the miata, this is good news. But personally I think the car looks like shit, it looks like roadster version of an urban econobox car for women to be honest, but the specs are cool.

maybe old m8 is implying that they should re-hash the del sol and tarbo it and offer it at a 20k pricetag

Mazda does it. You have to be a manlet to be comfy in an MX5.

Now that I think about it, it looks like a shitty peugeot. They should change its shitty appearance, it's a shame because the car seems pretty fun to drive and seems to be as sporty as the Miata

Because Smarts are marketed to be tiny boring cars that should have a good mileage for people who live in huge cities

How the hell would you market the S650 or S1000?
A tiny sports car? its dead, muricans only buy big sports car
Budget Sports car? old MR2s and miatas already exist and cheaper and more powerful, the the new miata is on a niche, yes, but a 1L car would be such a smaller nice that is not worth it

The only reason Kei cars work in japan is not because of how overcrowded tokyo can be, is because the Kei car law that makes owning these cars much cheaper, hence why japan gets all these tiny and cool cars that besides a few select markets outside japan, they just dont work

Both of those numbers are wrong - NA6 Miata made 116hp at 2100 lbs.

>this pic
this is how i imagine 90 % of Veeky Forums

This is why it'll never be brought to the US

>6s 0-60
>Fast

Is that even fast?