>wait until literally October to get car fixed
>get the bill
>$24'500
>fuck off

>november
>pop my car out of gear as per usually to warm er up
>walk inside the house to grab a couple things before I go
>come out side to find car had slid into neighbours brand new car
>no way of proving they didn't properly repair my hand brake assy when doing suspension work and reconstructive surgery on the back of my car
>$16000 damage estimate

>tfw

and just like that I went from having my dream affordable car to a piece of metal with nearly $60000 of repair work on record.

>buying modern german

>german performance in the 20th century
>0-2
>f

If you can't afford to buy new German performance, you can't afford German performance period.

>better recycle some garbage that someone I clearly think is mentally superior told me
>what do E46 M3s cost
>oh shit it doesn't cost 80 grand to run

>and just like that
you got red flagged in the insurance industry's computer network as an irresponsible idiot. Pepper angus etc.

To be fair they would not be wrong to think those things of him

wait am I an idiot because i'm on Veeky Forums with a car that isn't trash?

You pretty clearly left your handbrake off and let your car roll into your neighbours. You don't seem like that much of a dick to not care so you must just be stupid.

>Veeky Forums

I remember my first day on Veeky Forums.

so wait your handbrake failed?

bad luck, fucking shops fucked up

Does it's fucking say I left it off? You think the car would immediately start rolling on a presumablely inclined angle drive way? You do think I wouldn't notice that?

>M///

I've worked fleet care for HGVs and LCVs for 8 years and not once has a "failed handbrake" that doesn't involve a snapped cable or snapped lever been anything but a lie.

yes, found the lever fully up to clarify to everyone here

>grammar fallacys XDDD

>a car that isn't trash
You just called it an $60,000 piece of metal. My shitbox runs like a top and is totally expendable.

So what failed :^) can't blame the shop for your handbrake cables if they didn't touch them, or your handbrake lever snapping. If they fiddled with those, you could easily prove that their new parts failed. You left it off. Don't do it again. Lesson learned.

you should have made sure the handbrake worked lol

Post wreck.

>found the lever fully up
>implying you had a brake fault which pulled the handbrake lever for you after you had already set the handbrake and left the car
How far down can he dig

Rear ended four times in the last year

1- fast lane, rush hour, traffic slows to complete stop, i easily stop with 10' room in front, stupid cunt behind me nails rear end of work car. Get this- she is driving a rental already because her last accident
2 - stopped at a light, car behind me stops too. As soon as light turns green he fucking runs right into me while i am pulling away.
3 - stop n go traffic at university, fucker hits me from behind.
4 - omwh from work, fucking surfer runs into my ass stopped at a light. Sunblock all over face, board in honda accord. No license, moms car

Bad luck year...

>HGVs and LCVs
Wat are those?

had a pretty shit year last year

>Bought car
>200k km on it not much wrong with it
>fastforward mid way through last year
>a fucking tree falls on it and almost totals the car does 4k worth of damage car only valued at 6500
>that gets fixed i am still $1200+ out of pocket because insurance rape in straya
>Fastforward again to last month and my gearbox blows up
>$4000+ for a decent built one
Then ill be up for a $4000+ Engine rebuild around midway through this year and i only put 25k on this car ahah fuck

Heavy Goods Vehicles and Light Commercial Vehicles. Just giving some context as to why I feel qualified to call OP a liar

>reading comprehension level 0
fuck dude i envy your well running civic when I have a repaired car with 400+ N/A horse power and luxury :/
that's the good question. it's even possible that no new parts were involved, and it was just put back together poorly. but i'm highly curious to why it would fail after working like a charm, and work being done in the rear rotor area, as well as the muffler. but please, elaborate why I would release my handbrake on my driveway, and the car would take more than a minute to roll backwards

You either didn't set the handbrake properly (your fault) or the cable snapped as you pulled the lever up and you didn't notice (your fault)

>no pics

I actually get this sometimes with my car, I'll set the handbrake and it will try to creep, one more click and it stops it. But my car is a 76 so...

It's an E46 the handbrake has to be cranked all the way up to work. You left it off

>hah air brake trucks and automatic vans give me mechanic knowledge about OPs car Xd
why would I try to dig? an anonymous malaysian rock trading board and youre implying i keep switching my story to sound like a school yard kid who knows what he's talking about

where did I say it's an E46?

>an anonymous malaysian rock trading board and youre implying i keep switching my story to sound like a school yard kid who knows what he's talking about
But no pics.

>E46
No one is dumb enough to pay $28k for an e46, must be something newer.

one sec lemme jack my car up and snap some pics for you

A picture of the car retard.

The relevant part was that it was fleet care, young padawan. As in, I am often tasked with finding out if drivers are lying about mitigating circumstances for their accidents to avoid being fired. You are lying. What's so unique about the handbrake on your car then, I've worked on drum handbrakes, disc handbrakes and the kind with the drum in the bell of the disc.

yet your completely disregarding that it could've been loosened with out it being in gear. If it was never set properly when reassembled, it could've pushed it over the weight capacity, resulting in it being delayed in picking up momentum before it rolls fully back. and the idea of a hand brake is to hold up a vehicle, which you expect to be functional when repaired. think of the context in an argument, what reason do I have to lie on a completely anonymous board.

complete junker.

>have Mk4 Jetta
>road tripping from Maryland to Rhode Island
>brakes start to make cringe inducing noises once I reach New York
>think nothing of it since I don't see the sensor light on the dash
>does it again
>pull over to check brakes
>rotors are fucked
>somehow sensor was misaligned from the pad and rotor and was hanging there
>spent four hours changing the brakes in a parking lot

What the fuck happened, Veeky Forums? Did the previous owner make a fuck up?

You're gonna need more than some lame theory.

Because you're embarrassed, and rightly so

Jesus man where do you live?

>buy $4000 2001 Silverado back in '13
>zero problems whatsoever
>tires are offroad and are going bald faster than JUST
>skip to last week
>driving to buy a moter sickle
>pulling to the right 15 minutes into 45 minute journey
>pull over, PF brake is smoking like a brushfire
>find wheel bearings in a cookie-crumb trail into the lot
Worst thing I've ever had happen

>a car that isn't trash

wew lad might wanna check that again, it's cost you $60k in repairs and is still fucked.

My civic with 180k miles has literally never broken or been crashed because I'm not a retard.

>fuck dude i envy your well running civic when I have a repaired car with 400+ N/A horse power and luxury :/
>when I have a repaired car with 400+ N/A horse power and luxury :/
>when I have a repaired car
>when

:^)

Maybe it's in euroland with extra tax on the taxes.

>Drive shitbox Tiburon
>Someone bumps me off the road, causing me to hit curb at just the right angle to bend everything (control arm, etc)
>Was planning on buying a new car soon anyway, sell Tiburon as is since it was effectively totaled.

>Go fix up back up car up for a while
>92 corolla with 300k miles
>One afternoon later, ants are killed and the car starts in a glorious puff of white smoke
>All is well for a week
>Noticed strong smell of gasoline
>Gas tank somehow ruptured, spewing gas everywhere.
>Patched up tank and decided to get a new car asap

>Find Fiesta ST at an ok deal
>Take it home. Love the car
>Plan out budget for performance mawds, wash and wax it, show off to car enthusiast coworkers
>CPO warranty will protect me from bad things I whisper to myself as I learned how to turn """""sport mode""""" on
>3 days after buying someone runs a stop sign and hits my precious shitbox

All in the course of a month. I eventually got the ST fixed from insurance. Now it sits with a foglight that got knocked out from a gravel road.

My first accident was the same as your first listed and it ended up totalling my first car.
Years later, aka end of last year, your 2nd happened to me as my second ever accident
I suppose I should be wary if stop and go from now on
Pic related, Veeky Forums hates her but shes the light of my life

is it fast

San diego.

Never been in an accident before this year FYI, driving since 99.

BLDC detected.

This is more my fault than bad luck:

>just graduated high school
>had been saving up for a car to restore
>bought 1968 chevelle ss in rough condition but all there and running
>454 / 3 speed
>put a bunch more money in it
>find the build sheet underneath the back seat
>originally a Malibu with a slant six

I ended up selling it and nearly breaking even, but it was still an awful feeling. Considering I thought a lot of the cars value was that it was an all original, SS car.

Shit. Bad luck.

No FI
Headers and tune. At most I have like 205-210 hp
desu might as well trade in my car if I wanna put money to go fast
I already have my low standards dream car so now my go fast dream will be a gt4
Ofc also in best color

What if your neighbor dropped your handbrake? You should have checked for his prints.

>not parking it in gear
Retard.

I don't think you understand how manuals work.
I had an e92 m3, e90 330, and an e92 335xi (as well as an e46 325 and 330Ci)...and like all parking brakes, it requires some stank on it to actually work. OP is a retard and didn't set his ebrake.

The handbrake failed and it rolled forward. It wouldn't have rolled anywhere if it was in gear.

Nice Story you made up there

>warming up car
>in gear
>walk into house

You need reading lessons.

Ah, missed that part.

>2017-1
>warming up your car
Retard.

These don't have a lever for handbrake

They have an electronic button

Discarded for lying