Subaru are a bunch of idiots. The WRX hasn't had a wagon variant for a few years now...

Subaru are a bunch of idiots. The WRX hasn't had a wagon variant for a few years now, and that was always half the point of the car - fun, practical, fast, etc.

The wagon made up half of all WRX sales.

Now that Subaru doesn't offer the wagon, it's stupid. Lots of people want it, but they won't make it. They claim that "we sell enough sedans and can't justify making the wagon." Why the fuck not? Whatever happened to doing something just to do it?

It's fucking retarded that this is how it could go:

>WRX wagon stops being made
>WRX sales go down by half because people don't buy the sedan
>Instead of releasing the wagon, Subaru discontinues the WRX entirely
>"People just weren't buying it, there's no market for it"

However, enough actual dumbshits are buying the Sedan that Subaru assumes they don't need the wagon in the lineup.

Fuck Subaru.

Other urls found in this thread:

datsun1200.com/modules/mediawiki/index.php?title=Datsun_B210
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Lol you are so upset.

While I do wish Subaru would release a wrx wagon.(other than the LEVORG) their is no need to upset over it.

The outback is a wagon
People are buying the fuck out of those there is no need to make a wrx wagon anymore. It suffered from poor sales regardless.

There has never been a wrx wagon (excluding the levorg turbo if such a thing exists) They are hatchbacks.

*also excluding the outback xt

Why would you want a Subaru anyway?

rolling vape box

Pretty sure the rear seats fold down in all new Subaru sedans, thus the new WRX is convenient enough. Though on the other hand, it is kinda odd how many automakers are opting to produce hatchback equipped cars like crossovers, and yet Subaru discontinued hatchback WRXs.

I work at a Subaru dealership and desu I've never heard a customer complain about the WRX not being a hatch. They care about other aspects of the car.

My friend and I strapped kayaks on top of his Dodge Avenger. We've paddled all kinds of rivers, ocean, including out to islands and lagoons.

And that V6 rips. Aint no agile Civic Si, but I'd bet is faster from a start, and at higher speeds.

But it's a shitty Chrysler product.

It's not like they cut the Impreza hatch sales, I mean look at the Crosstrek, those things are selling like hotcakes (and we still aren't getting a turbo model of it)

The real story is that Subaru just hates their STI division and with Mitsubishi out of the picture they see no need to continue it and want it to die. For some reason they think the average vaping dude bro WRX owner ruins their mom car sales.
They want to focus on being a mom car company that makes safe cars for people that like to take their dogs hiking. Look at all of their marketing, that's all it is, when is the last time they even marketed the WRX properly? They got rid of the big dumb wing and the bright blue paint and gold wheels. Gone is the rally car for the streets and in with the "we make this because people will still buy it for now" WRX pig we have now

Now nevermind that that is a stupid strategy, as proven by people who owned 90's civic Si's and CRX's and now drive Honda Pilots

Believe I almost lost it when he told me got an Avenger.... I had no faith in Chrysler/ DOdge at all. But honestly it aint bad at all. The reputation has got to be internet bullshit. He bought it cheap... I think $9k cash, when it was 2 years old with ~30k miles. It's worth maybe 6k now, so not a huge hit considering the poor resale value, compared to similar sedans its age.

Online says 0-60 for the V6's are ~6.1 seconds. Not bad. It's a decent balance of cheap car, cheap as fuck insurance (Corvettes are cheap to insure than typical kid cars, ie. Hondas and 350z's)

Is it just a regular Avenger or is it an R/T? I drove an R/T once and it actually wasn't too bad

>wagon
>wagon
>wagon

that's a hatchback, not a wagon you fucking turbo nigger

>Online says 0-60 for the V6's are ~6.1 seconds

wut

A stock |4 Saab from 18 years ago comes in at about that.

>LEVORG
why do i like this thing so much

check out the subaru forester their pretty nice

Why not Forester for the wagon instead...

>They are hatchbacks

This is incorrect.

IDK if it was an R/T edition. It's not SE, it has a V6.
Yeah and overhyped Toyobaru "sportscars" struggle to do that. This is a Chrysler family sedan and does it without Dodge even trying hard. Heck, the Neon SRT4 is something to applaud. I'm just saying, you don't need a meme car like a WRX wagon to be "adventurous" My friend's Avenger is a kickass adventure mobile, and has ventured most of the US, and is currently in Hawaii, since my buddy is in the Army.

I'm pretty sure they won't the STI division to die because it's harder to squeeze out performance when safety standards are getting stricter. It's easier to make a soccermom vehicle than a sports car.

So at what fucking point does a hatchback become a station wagon? It is a proportion of the width and length? The straightness of the roof (like a V70) the curvature on the hatch?

Because technically with your faggot autistic terminalogy, a 4th gen Camaro is a hatchback, not a coupe. A 240SX, 300ZX, and many other coupe's are "hatchbacks''

>muh pillars

And? What makes it not a wagon?

Listen here nerd. It has the same cargo space and dimensions as every other hatch on the market and there's a literal wagon in the same product line. Stop calling the WRX a wagon.

But the wrx wagon was wagon. The wrx has come in sedan, wagon, and hatchback styles throughout its history.

To clarify the different styles weren't all produced at necessary the same time.

Impreza's came before the term hatchback became used to describe a practical vehicle with a hatch and moderate cargo space.There were no set definitions by car companies that separated what a hatchback and wagon were. Sometimes you just have to use common fucking sense.

Officially it depends on the number of support pillars and Subaru has officially referred to that gen as being a wagon. Though we live in an age of '4 door coupes' so who knows

>Impreza's came before the term hatchback became used to describe a practical vehicle with a hatch and moderate cargo space
>Impreza entered production in 1992
>The word hatchback originated around 1970
>Examples of hatchbacks were around for decades before

Please stop this foolishness.

I was literally about to post that picture.

Right, and the 30's Ford 2 Door Sedans are some great designs.

I believe Wagon and Hatchback are 100% interchangeable. However since Escalades and Camaro's do have lift door's, they are hatch backs too.

inb4
b-but technically

b-but senpai,
t
e
c
h
n
i
c
a

The main difference between a wagon and a hatchback is that a hatchback is designed as a hatch from the start - and thus has an overall shorter wheelbase - whereas a wagon is more like a vehicle that began life as a sedan where they extended the trunk.

You know why a Fiesta sedan looks so fucking weird? Because they basically chopped off a piece of the rear to make it a sedan to catch the poorfags who really hate hatches for some reason.

What about an German "Estate" car? Those wagons look long as fuck because they more or less extended the roof to cover the trunk.

People get confused with certain cars like the WRX/STi hatch because it's a shorter wheelbase compact to begin with - so it ends up looking like neither a true hatchback nor a traditional estate.

Also, wagons are fucking shit for vehicle dynamics. When you essentially have a big giant empty box over more than half the car, you're going to lose stiffness. You take two exact same cars otherwise but where one is a sedan and one is a wagon and the sedan is going to have a noticeable stiffer chassis. Some people are perfectly aware of this but are more than willing to make the tradeoff because they like the looks and the added space, end of story. Most probably have NO idea that this happens and think that they're getting additional space and "uniqueness" at no cost.

Also, this would be the official reason.

In the 70's hatchback just refereed to a car with a hatch you fucking retard.

>stiffness mattering in practical cars.

Not taking turns at 60 mph in my wagon on the way to the lake mate.

THey are fucking everywhere in Japan.

I do

>I believe Wagon and Hatchback are 100% interchangeable

Belief != reality

Maybe your story would make sense if the current gen WRX isn't objectively better than the past versions, but it is.

Sure there are some subjective things that people bitch about like the lack of rumble or how it doesn't look "quirky" or "unique" (ugly) enough anymore but the chassis is way stiffer, new direct injected engine is far more efficient, stock for stock you actually get MORE power and MORE torque than the current generation STI until 4000-4500RPM, interior is vastly improved, significantly more legroom for rear passengers, more trunk space and with a much more solid and buttoned down suspension that is firmer than past WRX's while somehow also being less harsh. At least a few reviewers and real life people have commented that the performance aspect of the 2015+ WRX is more reminiscent of the previous gen STI than prior WRX's.

Even the rest of the powertrain is better now there's finally a fucking 6-speed transmission that's not made of glass. I've heard of people fucking over their clutches because the torque comes on so early so fast and of stock connecting rods getting lunched because they can't handle the additional power but I haven't heard of gearboxes falling apart.

Chassis stiffness isn't just about attacking corners, it affects how the car responds to literally every single movement and force. You go over bumps in a straight line, chassis stiffness plays a big part in whether your car bounces and wiggles or rolls right past it without being perturbed nearly as much.

Let's get one thing out of the way as well - chassis rigidity is a separate thing from stiffness in the suspension. A more rigid chassis will mean that your car will still feel more planted and solid even if the suspension is softer. The reason why is because any force that affects your car gets more effectively dispersed throughout the body instead of being concentrated in one area.

>KB210 Coupe (in hatchback form, unlike KB110 fastback which had no hatch)

datsun1200.com/modules/mediawiki/index.php?title=Datsun_B210

>In the 70's hatchback just refereed to a car with a hatch you fucking retard
>the wagon version also has a hatch
>Is referred to as a wagon and not a hatchback

Come on, dude.

>2 models of the same car with a hatch
>one is a very popular well known style better known as a wagon
>call them both hatchbacks

Are you going to completely ignore the fact you called me retarded for saying that cars with Hatches that weren't practical or didn't have moderately sized cargo room were also referred to as hatchbacks, or are you going to change the subject.

DUDE

>you called me retarded
I didn't make that post, I was quoting it.

To clarify, I though you were the one who made the post I was quoting

Needs moar forester

I think subaru will keep the wrx as long as it keeps its rally team. Plus, they now have the Mitsubishi buyers as there's a gap in the market for sporty jap cars.

I have a new 2017 wrx. It's a fun car and i got it mainly because i wanted a dd with real awd since it snows where i live and there isn't really anything comparable to it in its price range. The wrx fills a niche and subaru would be stupid to stop making it.

>there are people who are unironically so gay that they prefer wagons to any other alternative body style