/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Empty Home Edition

/hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7, 11.1 via b& DSiWare, 11.2 system transfer - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds/)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
↳Downgrade + a9lh: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
↳IOSU + Kernel Exploit: github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-freeShop was DMCA'd by logo infringement. Backup copies still run, or there's several alternatives.
-Sighax has been described as a likely successor to a9lh, and should simplify the process for unhacked consoles.
-Soundhax replaces Browserhax as go-to entrypoint and works on 11.2 and below: soundhax.com/
-Fasthax ARM11 exploit and bootrom dump announced at 33c3: youtu.be/8C5cn_Qj0G8
-Limited support for running DS games off the SD card: gbatemp.net/threads/454323/
↳game compatibility list: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M7MxYQzVhb4604esdvo57a7crSvbGzFIdotLW0bm0Co/edit#gid=0

>Wii U
-Boot0 code execution displayed at 33c3, along with boot1 dumping.
-A new method to get regionfree has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/448468
-New tool for dumping images from a Wii U disc has been released gbatemp.net/threads/wudump-dump-raw-images-from-a-wiiu-game-disc.451736/

>Vita
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.
-Adrenaline released. gist.githubusercontent.com/TheOfficialFloW/0ed4e09e2d447e631416cb84d7c43107/raw/readme.txt
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/

>PS4
-4.06 patches the 4.01 jailbreak, DO NOT UPDATE

>PS3
-4.81 Rebug CFW released
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-usb-loading-install-wiiu-games-to-usb-or-internal-memory.445514/
github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki/6:-Brazilian-Title-Install-Method
wiiuiso.com/wii-u-usb-and-tickets/389884-usb-wii-ticket-database-tik.html
smealum.github.io/3ds/
gbatemp.net/threads/all-3-methods-to-get-unbanned-from-recent-ban-wave.450679/
buildbot.libretro.com/stable/1.3.6/nintendo/3ds/
theisozone.com/downloads/playstation/other/playstation-bios-psx/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Last Thread

Tasukete, I don't want to use Hans anymore.

bump

Threadly reminder that the first N64 mega link and the SNES mega link in the Wii U pastebin are dead, for anyone who's willing to reupload and update those

noted

The what now?

happy new year from best timezone

So it 11.2 downloadable thank to that soundhax?

Guys is it safe to go online on a Wii U Brazilian title installed games?

we think so

Okay guys I finally bought a power save and oot

What's this sounhax everyone is talking about.....

>downloadable
uh...
If you mean downgrade, yeah. If you have one of the mythical 4.

with one of the 4 dsiware games and the yet to be released fasthax

Ah, what a shame.
Sorry Im kinda drunk, thinking hard.

You dont need OOT anymore

so where do i go to get LEGIT back ups of wiiu games? just put haxchi/homebrew on and want to play pokken tournament can someone spoonfeed me?

Happy New Years, /hbg/

Don't forget to manage expectations

tfw i'm still in 2016

>2017
>3.63 NEVER EVER
>PSN NEVER EVER
>mSD ADAPTER NEVER EVER

>literally stuck in the past

wat does c2-12828-1 mean on vita

gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-usb-loading-install-wiiu-games-to-usb-or-internal-memory.445514/
github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki/6:-Brazilian-Title-Install-Method
wiiuiso.com/wii-u-usb-and-tickets/389884-usb-wii-ticket-database-tik.html

Download a game with NUSGrabber, put in the tik file in the folder for your game. Install with WupInstaller y Mod. The game won't even need Haxchi running, system thinks it's 'legit'.

You need for Haxchi running for eShop, Virtual Console, and games with pirated DLC)

So there was a guy a few threads ago that was working on a way to mod Mario Maker 3DS to search course IDs.

Did anything come from that?

not enough space

using 32gb memory card

So if I have a Wii-U at 5.5.0 and I want to download some VC games all I need is to put shit on an SD card?

anyway to fix it

when i try to grab the NUSgrabber from the wup site it says their account is suspended...

Hey guys, is binding of isaac on the freeshop? I can't find it.

yes

>-freeShop was DMCA'd by logo infringement.
fucking kek, that's all they could come up with?

yeah, n3ds only

Any good news yet for us black friday n3ds fags?

if you have one of the dsiware games you can downgrade regardless, 11.2 coming soon with fasthax

Ah, that's my issue. I only have a old 3ds, I do have a n3ds but it's version 11. Is there a way to homebrew that these days?

guide in the op

soundhax

Man, mid-kid bricking was one of the best memes last year.

So I'm trying to load Blue Rescue Team with TWLoader but it's giving me a black screen before it says: Error reading data. Please turn off the power and reinsert the DS Game Card.

Anyone have an idea of what the problem is?

The compatibility is shit and it probably doesn't work?

smealum.github.io/3ds/

Wait so, to homebrew my n3ds all I need is a few files downloaded from this page and that's it? That sounds almost tooooo easy. I was told a major process goes into this.

Homebrew is easy
CFW is hard

So sometimes I download something from Freeshop, it gets suspended. I refreshed my cache but it does the same shit. Anyone know any solutions?

Good thing I already had Omega Ruby for Homebrew.

I have no idea why freeshop just started crashing on me.
I had 2.1.3 before the take down, and I recently uninstalled and reinstalled it and it still won't load.

just wanted to thank everyone when everyone was spamming to grab Legends of Exidia like right after all the other exploitables were taken off the eShop.... when slowhax came out it was like christmas

I got my 3DS at last
How good is 3DS 9.7 firmware for homebrew and do I need a ram reader to shove my SD card in for the hacking process or I can use the 3DS wifi file transfer for hacking?

9.7 is good just follow the guide in the OP

You'll want an SD card reader. You can use the file transfer at first, but at a certain point, you'll downgrade to a firmware that won't let you use it.

Does 3ds have a twitch or mumble program with CIA?

You'll never ever get the hacks of the free vidya. Enjoy your legally purchased games

Why would anyone install this?

they're all speculating retards
nobody would ever actually hardcode a CFW into sighax
They'd just write a chainloader and use it same as we use A9LH today

Yeah if you're like half the people who even bought them you couldve install A9LH ages ago with your other 3ds

where is this from?

>they're all speculating retards
well that's good to know.

sighax discussion thread

gibbatemporary

So... Gamecube games ran on the Wii. The Wii U has a virtual Wii mode. Is it possible to let's say, install super mario sunshine on the Wii U with where we are at on homebrew?

Nintendont has been used on the vWii for eons

I don't have an option to change my secret base team name for Basehaxx. I can't for the life of me figure out why. I googled it and having a secret pal might've had something to do with it, but I tried that and it didn't work.

Nintendont on gamepad when?

Am I missing something? Any recommendation? Already have Bayonetta 2 installed.

Twilight Princess HD
Tropical Freeze
Xenoblade Chronicles eshop (lets you use gamepad controls)

i recommend you ditch the wii u version of Rodea and play the Wii version instead

Wonderful 101
AssCreed: Black Flag

>trying to hack 2nd 3DS
>won't find access point even though my other 3DS is right besides it and getting 3 bars
>it used to connect properly before formatting sysnand
this shit is infuriating I'm going to bed and keep trying tomorrow

happy new year

Interesting. Will look into it. I have no real interest in pirating games for the Wii U since I already played everything I cared for on the system, but I feel it's gonna make an interesting emulating machine. Never had a gamecube either so there's a lot of missed games there.

Nintendon't has been around since way before IOSU it seems. Is it something that just runs on vWii itself, not really compromising the Wii U? (I don't need spoonfeeding, will do all the research myself later on how to do it, just asking general questions)

That's correct. I think there's something Wii U specific though (Mocha CFW?) but I don't own one so I can't say.

CFW is easy too, just takes more steps.

Steps detailed in simple pieces = easy.

System Transfer?
For some reason I would get that same problem and I would fix that by aligning the two ir blasters and transferring. I don't know why that worked.

Reading the guides, is there no way I can get a 3DS unbanned without a second one?

>System Transfer?
no, just a regular format

I'll format everything again tomorrow and start from scratch. I need sleep and I think it's messing me up

Yeah you could hack vWii since 2013 with a Wii game like Lego batman or Smash (they patched letterbomb). Most of the old homebrew from the Wii still worked but needed some updates.

Hopefully we get Nintendont booting from the Wii U side and we get gamepad controls soon tm.

don't forget to mention you can now hack vwii without any game

You can if it did a system transfer, and you sold the old one, you got the friendcodeseed for that in your movable seed.

I have plain old haxchi right now and can play legit game back ups and such, is there any real reason for me to install mocha/redNAND???

Also is coldboot haxchi worth it? Are there any real brick factors besides that one tile you NEVER EVER touch?

This was MUCH easier than when I put cfw on 3ds

I bought a hacked ps3 with 4.81.1 rebug, am I safe to "Restore ps3 system" from the system settings? It has like 200 gbs of games installed on multiman and I want to delete their account and things. It won't delete the cfw will it? Would I have to reinstall multiman, psnpatch, psninja and rebug toolbox, or are those part of the os?

I'll get those, thanks. Didn't know you could use the gamepad instead for Xeno.

Oh forgot to mention I already have a physical for w101. I'll get ac:bf then. Haven't played an asscreed game since asscreed 2. Thanks.

Yeah but I gotta setup the vWii just for 1 game and I don't have an extra external hd since you can't use the Wii U one cause of propriety disk format.

Jusy FTP in to the console and delete the games you don't want from the hard drive
If webman is running, holding start + select shows the ip address
They'll be in the hard drive, under GAMES, PS3ISO, PS2ISO, etc.

That's neat. Not requiring a game to exploit vWii is a plus too. Thanks, anons. Time to get to work on compromising yet another nintendo console.

They mentioned that, but I want to completely wipe the ps3 anyway. Like get back to the initial set up, but they were pretty vague about whether or not that was possible without losing rebug, not sure if they actually knew.

believe me when i say the wii u version of Rodea is completely disposable, dude. But suit yourself, enjoy hating the game because you thought you'd save some time

So I've homebrewed ye olde 3ds boys, and I've got the freeshop, downloaded some gems already, I'm wondering if I can also play DS games on it aswell, and if there's something I need to do in order to play them?

Bought this one for $20 since it was banned. I assume I can plug it in my computer and just check?

Restore the system then. It'll delete settings, not sure about the games. You'll want to install the core utilities like rebug toolbox and psnpatch again.

Error: payload_stage1.bin doesn't exist or exceeds max size

What the hell why. Its on the SD and copied from the zip. Even deleted it and re-added it to the SD.

Thanks for the confirmation

Install TWLoader
Cry
Buy a flashcard instead

no you have to boot up Decrypt 9 on 9.2 or a9lh

method 2
gbatemp.net/threads/all-3-methods-to-get-unbanned-from-recent-ban-wave.450679/

Remember NNID services are permanently banned

The 3ds isn't using a9lh but using luma. Seems there's a different step but has chance to brick according to the Q&A.

DS off SD is shit and you'd know if you looked at the compatible games list in the OP. Buy a flashcart for DS games.

>nds-card.com
go there and avoid any website that doesn't use paypal

you will need a paypal (link a prepaid mastercard) to buy a legit flashcart

another suggestion is to go for Acekard 2i its the best one

so you're on 9.2?
you should get a9lh on it before you try unbanning

you can also try out the public seed, it might get banned tho and you'll have to get another one

Where can I get a ps1 emulator for the 3ds I downloaded retroarch but it wasnt included

who the fuck needs an NNID when homebrew is a thing and online play is still possible?

*Installing PSX Retroarch emulator (n3ds only)*

>download retroarch .cia
buildbot.libretro.com/stable/1.3.6/nintendo/3ds/

>install PCSX retroarch
1.copy retroarch folder to root of SD card
2.copy pcsx_rearmed_libretro .cia into cias folder
3.get your hands on PSX BIOS (5500, 5501, 5502) and place them in (/retroarch/cores/system)
>theisozone.com/downloads/playstation/other/playstation-bios-psx/
4.install the .cia via FBI
5.configure retroarch by launching it and tweaking these setting
>you can get near full speed with cia version on new 3DS, by disabling Audio/video synch (Settings>Audio>Audio Sync Enable OFF and setting sound resampler (Settings>Driver>Audio Driver>Audio) to "Nearest"

>playing games
1.create games folder inside retroarch folder
2.download PSX iso from iso hosting site
3.extract .bin file from iso and place it in games folder
4.launch libretro from home menu and launch your game

Transferring Pokemon to games on the Switch will probably need Pokebank. Hopefully you can do direct trades between the Switch and 3DS, or you'll need a new 3DS.

For now you can transfer up when pkhex gets updated for bank.

wouldnt the homebrew pokemon bank work?
also
>pokemon on switch