Veeky Forums consensus on Civic Si

I used to hate these cars until I drove one. Now want one. FWD would be appreciated in my area. Subarus extremely overpriced and overhyped and overshilled here.

I'm approaching 26 years old, finally have enough to pay cash for cars. Looking at the 2006's but might consider the '13 since they look nicer.

The early 2000's scream faggot river to me, sorry

Oh yeah, forgot to add, is 26 too old for these boy racer cars? Mpgs appreciated too, 60 mile daily drive. Otherwise I'd like a 370z or something

Ricer * not river

you want a 12'

2006-2011 ones have a 2.0L K20 that revs to 8,000 RPM. However, it doesn't hit Vtec until 5800 RPM meaning a very narrow power band and a car you have to rev the snot out of to get it to move.
2012+ ones use a 2.4L K24. This engine redlines at 7,000 RPM, and lacks the original Vtec "second camshaft profiles". It makes similar power to the 06-11 K20, but due to the larger displacement, makes a LOT more torque and has a much wider and more useable powerband. So you don't need to rev the nuts off it to get up to speed, but there also isn't any vtec changeover either. If you use a K20 head, you can rev them to the moon and make 270 HP N/A.

You mean k20/k24 frank build.
K20 na with full bolt on tune puts around 220 to the wheels.
K24 that is on newer si are faster then k20 any gear rpm.

Newer k24 are not compatible with k20head swap.

As long as you don't rice them like a fuccboi

You can also look for a used ILX, it's basically a grown up Civic Si, and the automatics use DCTs

>and the automatics use DCTs
only 2016+ models.
2012-2015 ILX's with the 2.4L used either a 6 speed manual or the conventional archaic 5 speed automatic. There was also the R20 2.0L and the L15 1.5L hybrid which were underpowered and killed off after 2015.

>Scooby's overhyped and overshilled in your area.

Do you live in Oregon?

'13 Si sedan owner here. Highly recommend.

The K24 has good low end torque, and the car is decently quick in a straight line. The six speed is wonderful, and Honda really does make the best shifters. Mine is all stock, the only mods I have done are good snow tires and a roof rack to haul my skis and snowboard.

It's the perfect daily, practical enough to carry people and gear, but still fun on backroads.

Look at 2005-6 Acura RSX's. The base models are Civic Si's with nicer options and small upgrades, and the type S is a baby type R.

What op said
>subarus overhyped and over shilled

What he meant
>"i can't afford a subaru"

The Si and the type S pretty much have the same horsepower, Type S has like 5-10 more. Base model RSX only has like 160 HP

>is 26 too old for these boy racer cars?
Me? (27) Wouldn't be caught dead driving one. At that price point... I'd probably opt for something a little more mature like a GTI. Even the base with those goofy plaid seats is a more grown up car.

I'm 30 and I own one. It's only a boyracer car if you dont leave it stock. I left mine stock.

I average 32-33 mpg in mixed driving.

what year?

I drive an 08 civic si coupe. The car is incredibly responsive and a joy to drive. The suspension is stiff as fuck since it's "track car for the roads" so it's going to be hell driving on less than perfect roads.

Try not to fall in love with the car. It's heartbreaking to see that every other Si is driven by a #hellaflush stance fag. Don't associate with any civic clubs, especially inspire

Type S also only comes in 6 speed manual, same with Si's.

I don't think the Type S has a LSD like the Si but with RSX's you get more cargo room if that's something you want. I can stick my mountain bike in my Si as long as I fold down the seats and take off the front wheel but it would be so much easier in an RSX

And prepare for really shitty 90s civics and scion TCs to always try to race you.

Si's are all the vape that subarus have without the awd

>Looking at the 2006's but might consider the '13 since they look nicer.
You're crazy. Newer Civics are super ugly.

>The early 2000's scream faggot river to me, sorry
1999-2000 is super clean. Your '13 Si looks way more edgy.

Think OP's talking more about the Si hatch years, have to agree with him there.

99-00 Si is great for the three months you have it before someone fucking steals it

I have a 2012 Sedan. Don't see too many 4 doors and the '12 is a lot more understated than the '13+. I can cruise about 80-85 all the way to work in the morning and sit in traffic on the way home. Get about 34 mpg.

Veeky Forums Comfirmed to be civic drivers and bus riders lmaooo

I test drove GTI. Wasn't that great. But the Si was. and Yes, I was in the exact same boat as you

What did you dislike about the GTI?

Not him, but I hate that you have to pay like $35k for the Autobaun trim just to get nav and automatic climate control. They can't just throw that in the SE which already has most of the bells and whistles? Cheap fucks.

The gearbox seemed clapped out. Didn't want to go into 1st unless you were travelling at 0.0001 MPH, and you could not force it in. Might sound minor but it really fucked with me cruising in parking lots at low speed. So you're either stuck in 1st until in street, or you're rolling too fast, in 2nd, bogging the engine

'13 Si Sedan

I heard that 2nd gear is ridiculously long in the mk7 GTI

I test drove a 2008, I believe. No idea what mark #. Turbo pull was nice, but I like a linear power band. Not a fan of 2 stroke dirt bikes for the same reason. But I know they make it exciting. I'm a lazy big torquey V8 guy, with the frugal wallet of 4 cylinder guy. I commute >400 miles Mon-Fri, and want to road trip this year.

I owned my 2000 SI for 5 years, some little fucker attempted to steal it because they tried to take a flat head to my driver's side keyhole, but the retard had no clue what he was doing
I guess I got lucky