So I'm thinking of buying a imported Nissan from Japan, out of these three what's the best one to do?

So I'm thinking of buying a imported Nissan from Japan, out of these three what's the best one to do?

Nissan Sleighty, Nissan R32, and Nissan Fairlady Z

All are 89-90 and 75k miles or below

Other urls found in this thread:

fedlegalimports.com/
newyork.craigslist.org/brk/cto/5917724888.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

R32 because clout

r32, since its the only one with real value as it wasn't offered in your country. (assuming american)

I am

R32 GTS-t.

First question, do you REALLY like these cars? I mean at an affordable dream car level. If not, you are wasting money and should just get something USDM for a fraction of the price

So I really like them? You really think I'd be up dropping nearly 14k on a slightly modded one? Of course I want one. The Sleighty is my fucking dream car if a modded one popped up

I don't know which you should get, but check out these guys too, their prices are sometimes lower than Japanese Classics and Montu Motors.

fedlegalimports.com/

the one you can convert to LHD

JDM z32s arent much better than their usdm counterparts and the only reason to get a JDM sil is for the sr20det. It would be easy enough to find a 240 with one swapped.
The r32 is definitely a desirable car and the prices are skyrocketing everywhere even for four door 20de models. I live in nz and have driven several skylines and loved all of them, my favourite being a 33gtst that was almost completely stock. A fully RFB 32 can be fun in its own right and you would have the benefit in the states of reduced police notoriety, but still the biggest appeal of these cars is the dirty RFB ruckus feeling you get when gating around too low and too loud. There are better cars for the money if that's not what you are into.

Thanks mate I'll keep em in mind, only reason I'm thinking of Japanese classics is it's 15 hours away and the paperwork shits done so all I have to do is get it insured and not deal with the fucking hustle of some. Plus they fix everything wrong with them and a 15 hour drive is worth it to get a car I dream of

S13 Silvia K's

Missouris cops aren't as bad at stopping you if you aren't being a shit. I have had my car for ages and the cops don't bother me anymore even though it's straight Honda Civic river bullshit. Now Buckner, Missouri cops are different. Have any tint? Fuckers slit it

Well the problem in nz is cops will walk right past a uncerted fd on obvious adjusties and stop at a bone stock skyline rolling on gtsts simply because RB. I doubt that will be such an issue in the states as most cops will just see it as any other boy racer car; there won't be that burning hatred and fixation

Well you got a point but I think the sight of a car that looks full ricer and not us then my ass is getting stopped to check paperwork and make sure it's not illegal. Only some, not all

That actually does sound better, shipping costs are ridiculous. If you get a Silvia or Z you'll be able to get parts from their USDM counterparts, but the same can't be said for the R32.

But remember all I got to do is order them from the dealership since they sell parts too, have them ship to my local shop and bam

And yea I'm wanting to avoid the shipping fees and all the other fee shit so I'm buying from their us stock or waiting on what I want so I can get one that tickles my fancy

Why not get something unique and interesting like pic related?

If I wanted unique I'd buy some fucking normal pedestrian vehicle from Japan that looks all retarded but funny and just go with it lol

Ex:

This is probably the biggest issue and I would think twice before overlooking it. My tt z and my flat mates r33 and c31 rb20det cefiero are all unreliable pieces of shit. (inb4 Nissan scum)
The critical difference is, with the z, I can google any problem, and because the car was sold in the us there are vast quantities of information available on forums and even a dedicated wiki with tutorials. Every part is available on Z1 or CZP with extortionate shipping costs but I would imagine if you lived in the states it would be much cheaper. I would never buy shit from a dealership because they want double the price for parts and oem+ is better anyway.
Getting parts for the ceff and the 33 is sorta easy, they are usually a Facebook post and 20-100 bucks away, but that's because they have been imported here since they were released and we have a good parts market. However, finding info on the net is a massive pain, because all the work done to these cars isn't done by Mericans with free time who post on forums, it's done by dumb Maoris who don't own computers, mechanics who want to keep their knowledge to themselves, or the japs in Japan who only speak fucking Japanese.
If you import an RB into the states you will have literally the worst of all worlds: same shitty lack of online support, no parts because 25 year rule, and the dealership will rape your ass.

My advice, if you want a Nissan buy a z or a sil because you can get parts from CZP and Z1 for the z, there are forums and parts from the usdm zs and 240s.

Pic related RFB!

Thanks user, I'll keep it in mind, btw I'm looking at more than just Nissan, just the current selection on the site

What are you looking for in a car? You already made it clear in That you weren't after a jap car just for the quirkiness. I'm sure there is a american or usdm import sports car that you could get cheaper and have better access to parts for that would make you just as happy.

Have you heard of Mayhem Inc from NZ? They are an awesome small yt channel.

We'll not really for the quirkiness but the style and mod abilities for them

The mileage that the car has been driven is a big factor. Where I live the cars are shit mile wise even for an expensive car. With the jap import I get a car already modded(or not) to my liking and no paperwork bullshit plus low low miles and all the shit fixed on it from the dealership (dealerships fuck you in Kansas City)

Yes there are some normal cars that I like I can get here but I want to avoid the modding again (Civic bullshit) and get one that's fixed, redone, tuned, and has the shit I like on it. Don't have the time anymore to do it so why not say fuck it and get one that's done. Hell the person who does it probably would do a better job than me lol with my lack of sleep and 10 hour + day shifts

Example would be this, already done and modded to my liking.

Gt-t skyline>any silvia

>sil80
A dori machine that an idiot has wrecked and rebuilt with a cheaper front clip. CA18 a shit, you'll be doing an engine swap almost first thing. Get a '91 S13 K's (or a late-'90 with SR20DET) if you go that route, and then turn it into a Onevia if you're deadset on being a cool dude with dem popups.

>R32
bullshit prices, even for GTS-T, which will give you Boxster syndrome even if you never see a GT-R.

If you get anything with a RB, have fun with maintenance. Don't be that asshole who barely has enough money to import the car, doesn't have the resources for parts and tools to wrench, and lets it go shitbox-mode. If you get a GT-R, enjoy getting raped on insurance by a classic cars insurer like Doug DeMuro did. If it's your DD...hopefully it isn't your DD.

R32 GT-R is one of the few cars in the world that can make you cool, tho.

>fairlady z
legit if a 70s model. If you're talking 300zx, why?

Almost all these Jap imports have really low miles like less than 2k miles a year on a good portion.

Japs don't drive their cars? I know Japan isn't a really a big place ofc but damn.

The sileight that I want wasn't wrecked luckily and just converted. Engine was already fixed and it's basically new again with the shit they did

>Fairlady z

Only reason is this, cars hot

Tax structure that incentivizes selling your car after a few years. So they are relatively low mileage and good condition on the used market.

Never knew that, shit explains all the shit under 60k miles then lol

Yeah, I wish that the 25 year rule would get revoked. Let people buy and import whatever the fuck they want, hit models newer than 10y with a reasonable import duty. That would bring the retardedly inflated prices down a bit and I could get my Land Cruiser 70 diesel without spending $30K.

I was also looking at that Sil80 until I realized that I would spend another few grand on the SR20DET swap, and at that price it's about as much as a S2000 or even a toyobaru, both of which would be vastly better cars.

>My tt z and my flat mates r33 and c31 rb20det cefiero are all unreliable pieces of shit.
Idk how you make a RB20 or 25 unreliable unless someone completely fucked the cars up.

Z32s are absolutely trash.

>Nissan Sleighty
Fucking retard.

All those cars are marked up sooooo much. And why are gts-t considered cool when rb20 swaps are kind of laughed at in the Nissan world? Do people buy them assuming they will swap a 25 into it? The regular r32 is like a bloated s13 also, which is available in the states.

What is your opinion on the GTS-4?
I might buy it to save it from being towed away, poor car was left with grass growing around its wheels (literally).

It is a bloated S13 in a way, but without a shitty SR20 redtop in it.

RB20 > SR20 redtop any day

Rarish, but all the nofun of AWD with no power cause RB20

Also enjoy buying GT-R suspension and drivetrain parts.

Did the gts4 use the same transmission as a GT-R?

Right. That's why people swap srs into them in Japan?

Rb20 is pretty bulletproof though if you keep it mild.

why don't you just buy one that was sold domestically?

If I do something to the ATTESA, would the car die?

what's wrong with CA18?
I want to know cos that what the euro spec has stock(CA18DET)

it would be extremely painful

It's a big car

People do that for weight balance and savings, numbnuts

>source: have talked to Japanese guys that have done the RB to SR swap

>Sleighty
I thought it was SilEighty, because it is an Nissan 180 with a Silvia front?

It is. OP either mistyped or is retarded

lol why

4u

Definitely retarded

>R32 GT-R is one of the few cars in the world that can make you fast and furious, tho.

fixed

Kek you have no idea what you are talking about. These are ancient turbocharged engines than run hot and have poorly engineered oil and cooling systems. The only advantage with an RB over a VG in terms of maintenance is that you can sorta fit your hand down the side easier.

I would say it's more the extreme cost of driving a sports car with toll booths everywhere

This is actually the reason why I imported my z. Low-ish ks, and already had a full hks build with adjusties, turbos, ecu and genuine BBS. Only issue for me is now getting through the import process has taken months as I have had to fix all the shoddy jap installs and bring the damn camber back to a legal amount

Special snowflake car hard to find parts for. is wrong, gtr parts don't fit on any other cars with the same chassis.
Also there is nothing wrong with an rb20. They still sound sick, rev decently high and if you are going for really big power a block from a 30e, heads and cams would be more worthwhile than starting with a 25det

Funny how you still knew what he meant right

Why the insult? Are you not able to make a point without it? And you still didn't explain why an SR is shit compared to an RB. Of course you didn't. Because you are wrong.

The RB20 is the most powerful race in the world.

truth

newyork.craigslist.org/brk/cto/5917724888.html

fact

Get a sileighty. Live the dream

The dream can be real user
I'm retarded lol
Yea only thing I'm worried about is that but the place I'm buying from puts them to us standards so I think I'll be good