Opinions on the Audi TT?

Opinions on the Audi TT?

the TT RS makes me W E T

>2.0 TFSI

>Six-speed S tronic® dual-clutch automatic transmission quattro® all-wheel drive

Pretty good at a lot of things but doesn't specialize in anything. Great interior, might buy if it wasn't so god damn expensive.

>rebadged Beetle

Agreed. It's sexy af.

Audi a3 with different body

ttrs or bust
tts is okay-ish

Y tho
>Mfw the new a5 is almost the same price but looks so much better

while technically on the same platform, The A3 is not the closest sister car it has.
That honor actually goes to the VW New Beetle, which uses the exact same floorpan as FWD TT's and can swap the front subframe with. you can't put the A3 or Golf or Jetta subframe in the TT. The hard points are slightly off, but the Beetles is a direst swap.
The only difference in the floorpans i with the AWD TT's, which have a difference trunk floor (from the seat backs of the rear seats back) than the FWD models.

TL;DR, it's Audi's version of the New Beetle

I prefer this one. But the TT is still a good car.

Pretty good car overall and it handles very well.

They're comfortable and pleasant. Not a track tool, but a decent DD. Handling is fine, but driving dynamics don't encourage anything over 8/10. Fairly quick without drama. The new ones are apparently better, but it's still a FWD-biased Haldex AWD system so it's not a WRX chaser. The AWD is there to reduce drama and make winter driving safer.

It's what you buy when you're in your 30s and have some money.

t. drove a TT roadster from 2011-2014.

>not a track tool

You would be surprised. There is a guy with a TT at the track nearby and he destroys everything with his car. Pretty fast and incredible handling.

Can't talk about the mk3, but I can talk about the 2.0 TFSI mk2 (pic related).
It's a good car, but I don't think it's worth the money when bought new. I paid 14k for mine years ago.
It's not a "fast" car, the acceleration is meh tier, but it still gets to 240+ kph.
The handling is actually pretty good, because it's not a very "stable" car. If you start pushing you notice that she wants to be driven rough, and that if you try to be clean you just don't have fun.
The manual gerabox is very nice and fun, even though I don't really like the throttle pedal because it makes heel&toe harder than it should be. You absolutely need to blip with the side of the foot, because there's not enough space to use the heel.

TL;DR
>don't buy it new,
>it can be a good first car as it was (and is) for me
>fun, but not exactly "fast"

They are way too expensive and the reliability scares me.

Also its a girls car.

>haldex
>mustang gt or used cayman money on a shitty vw golf

Just get a gti

I think they're alright. Though like this user mentioned , I'd rather get an A5 for roughly the same price.

The R8 is probably the only car in the world that is improved with a front plate. The gaping mouth is just too big without one.

>They are way too expensive

Nigger poorfag detected. Get off my board you poverty pleb.

I was going to get one, but then I spent about 3 minutes looking up common wear items.

Dear god, that clutch.

I have an '05 8N. Not a fan, frankly, of the 8J or 8S. Something is just...off about the design on them. Also think they went the wrong way with adding all the creature comforts in the newer ones. 8N had more of a pure sports car vibe, even though they're not crazy fast.

Love mine, intend to keep it for many years to come.

>GERMAN ENGINEERING
kek

I think the outgoing A5 looks better exterior wise, but the new one has it beat interior wise.

I have a 2001 Roadster Quattro. The car was bought off of someone who didn't care for the car and neither did any of the previous owner. Problems keep popping up everywhere (water pump, timing belt, ignition coils, radio, the list goes on) but when that car drives its wonderful. Quick to throttle input and steering that you can feel the road with. It's my first project car and I hope to hold on to it and return it to its former glory.

I always loved the first gen's looks.
My problem with the TT is that it is sort of in automotive purgatory. It's a nice solid car, but it doesn't really excel in any way.

Yeah I don't mind that so much. I always shake my head at kids in riced out Japanese cars or old guys in their mid-life crisis 'Vettes and think "poser". The TT isn't trying to be the flashiest or the fastest or the be a "look at me" car. It's just solid, well made, quick and fun as fuck to drive, with classic lines.

can someone explain to me why the audi tt and celica are considered chick cars?

>woman's car
>understeer all day

The styling of the body is considered "soft". Yeah the body lines aren't going to be rough like a muscle car or anything like that because it's not trying to be that but people don't get that.

It's a car for grills

I own an Audi TT fist generation and it's nice but it kinda bores me.

Today I made the decision not to get a loan to buy a Nissan 350z which I have wanted to do for the past week, and instead spend maybe a grand boosting the power output of my TT to the same level as the 350z or higher.

With that I've just booked the car in for a major service and inspection before I start doing anything to make sure there's no underlying issues.

Did I choose correctly?

bella.

what car is this

VW Scirocco, aka Golf coupe

I was surprised that the new one gives a 4C a run for its money. I'd still take the 4C though, obviously.

GIRL CAR

Cute car for cute grills/twinks/traps

Sounds like a solid plan. I just bought my 8N used and did the same thing...I plan to have this car for years so I didn't want to wait around for things to break, I'm spending the $2K and getting anything the previous owner didn't take care of handled.

Then you can look into aftermarket perf parts with a good foundation. TT has much more staying power design wise than a Z.

Man some of you guys in this thread, lol.

>>Yeah I don't mind that so much. I always shake my head at kids in riced out Japanese cars or old guys in their mid-life crisis 'Vettes and think "poser". The TT isn't trying to be the flashiest or the fastest or the be a "look at me" car. It's just solid, well made, quick and fun as fuck to drive, with classic lines.

It's funny because this post reveals exactly the kind of guy that buys a TT - a poser with delusions of grandeur and special-ness. The TT is aimed at men, because it's basically the beetle for dudes.

Its nothing compared to this.

fuck off, jimmy

kill yourself jimmy

You drive this car, guaranteed.

> It's just solid, well made
girlslaughing.jpg

a tripfriend here bought one and its been falling apart since day one

>Those prices

And all TTs have failed fuel gauges. Audi covered this under warranty. But if the owner was stupid and didn't get it done like the past owner of mine you can just use the range computer as your fuel gauge.

Anyone can buy a lemon. How many Audis do you see on the back of a flatbed tow truck? It's a German luxury car, if you want cheap and easy to fix, buy a Yugo, poorfag.

audi is the most unreliable of german auto makers. even its parent company VW is better.

>audi
>luxury

lel. its just an up trim volkswagen.

> Audi TT
> luxury car

kek