/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward General

Happy New Year Edition

>Heavensturn (December 31st - January 14th)
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2016/Heavensturn/

>Free login campaign (December 1st - January 4th)
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/7f6f03825f75fdb71701f7ad9f68cbf4d8ab3bca

>Patch 3.45 Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/c55a99e864094c0c7dfcbde0fa35bd9fda60dfcb

>Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXXII and XXXIII
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/3ee28e9c3569e2c7be7212675e20a99641370d8d

>Stormblood Expansion Teaser:
youtube.com/watch?v=mAobb8_SzHY

>Red Mage Teaser:
streamable.com/25l4x

>Fanfest interview with Yoshi:
gamerescape.com/2016/12/26/famitsu-sits-down-with-naoki-yoshida-at-jp-fan-festival-2016/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells
pastebin.com/raw/YcEBGQWu

Previously on /xivg/:

Happy year of the cock!

It's a brand new year. Please cast aside your grudges and let me speak to you again...

That's in about 27 more days though isn't it? Roosters are pretty cool though

fuck this shit ass company, trying to set up authenticator and the emailed password that expires in 1 hour took almost 3 fucking hours to come

Is it true that you and nishi are one guy?

I hope you have a pleasant 2017. Remember to {/pet}_ and {/hug}_ everyone you care about in the nicest way possible

What if i don't care about anyone?

>if posting, always together
>if banned, both at the same time
>both obsessed with erp

Literally one guy

Is all of your friendlist composed of Veeky Forums erp sluts or do you have a single normal person on there not affiliated with this thread who you can call a friend and not an internet fleshlight?

Then just carry on if that's what your heart desires.
I'm not familiar with your path so I can't/won't try to pretend I know what you should do.

You are literally obsessed.

if he can't fuck someone, he's going to ditch em

Yysara does the same

omg this means guffy and liora are the same person!
shana and abe are the same person!
mado and kaori are the same person!

you cracked the case user, good job

No they don't

no guffy is just autistic

> No proof.

Nah.

Hello friends are there any Veeky Forums FCs on Sargatanas? Also if a mentor could invite me to the sprout channel that'd be great.

ign: malik ironfist

>like someone's character
>befriend them and try to textfuck
>the person says they don't really rp/erp
>get discouraged and prepare to drop them
>still becomes one of my best and the most trustworthy of friends
>end up textfucking anyways a month later but it feels nicer and more personal

I struck gold. My advice is don't try it with another thread poster.

>This year's event
>The reason for having to help out this year
I need an adult.

do any more pets do cool stuff like this?

What race each looks good in they're respective grand company elite armor?

I have my static I raid with and a number of friends outside ffxiv, and ones inside of it that I don't erp with. And friends that want to erp but I've just spoken with for months now. I have a pretty tight standard for what I consider friends generally though
Bluebird

>taking the bait

Don't do this

Then how come you fuck anyone in quicksands

quite a few do, but not enough!

bluebird, nutkin, baby opo-opo, wind-up garuda, morpho
just to name a few off the top of me head

lmao
You guys must have ugly characters
They've randomly called me cute in a /tell and when i said i don't erp they never said anything to me again
Others have said the same

keep on grinding yall

This

They won't befriend you if you aren't erper

>You guys must have ugly characters
No the "no they don't" applies to
>i said i don't erp they never said anything to me again
I have only had two people ever treat me differently just because I don't ERP, and that was years ago

>"Hey user"
>"I HAVE A BOYFRIEND"
>"Uhh okay"
and you wonder why they don't say anything to you again

>I have a pretty tight standard for what I consider friends generally though
Your standards are about as tight as your e-holes

i need to get me more of those cute pets
thanks for naming some

> Still no proof.

Lolno.

Who the fuck cares nea and his alter ego renko won't befriend you anyway if you aren't a thread persona. Their friend list is 100% thread personalities

You just proved how shallow they are.
They left you alone and stopped acknowledging your existence the second you said you don't ERP

Is that the rare shirou pet

Wrong.

>t. ERP nobody

I rarely visit the bench but I saw both of them hanging out with normies, some of them really decent and fantastic people.

should I be worried for them

Show the proof.

If their lodestone friend lists were set to public I'd gladly prove you wrong

ITT: Unsubstantiated Claims.

Don't you mean Renko and his alter ego, Nea?

So I think elezen look good in the Gridnian tank elite gear, what other races look good in it

Don't you mean Elk and his alter ego, Nea?

midlanders
catboys

I also think Highlander males look good in any of the uldah elite hunting gear besides the casters

i have no friends

Oh I actually haven't seen a catboy in armor in ages, it's quite sad. Well besides red but he doesn't count.

What GC elite gear looks best on female au ra? I'm trying to decide which GC to focus on.

EVERYONE dude, even Lalafell. All 3 of the Gridanian Allied Seals chestpieces look pretty amazing. I'm very slowly saving up for that Tank one, when I remember to actually do my weekly hunt.

A shame that most of the Allied Seals weapons don't look cool as the one you get from Serpent Seals highest rank, though. Love the shade of green on a lot of them.

That hat is pretty great

Why not?

Honestly uldah stuff for DPS/Caster
Storm stuff is a bit iffy with them

Maybe you'll make some If you don't spend your time complaining about it on Veeky Forums and go out and try.

Fuck yes I love most of them even more than I like the actual elete weapons. It seems like they put in effort to make actual non metal mystic weapons.

welcome to Veeky Forums where 20 year olds whine about how lonely and sad they are because they haven't realized the world doesn't revolve around them yet

The Storm First Lieutenant hat clips with my horns so ya, go IF

>want to rp for fun on new years now that the house is quiet
>too drunk to keep up with the sea of text happening in ul'dah

should i give it a try and make a fool of myself anyway

also i feel really dumb for never having noticed that the load screens in ul'dah literally go from one location to the next, like how you can see the back door of the AG on the other side of the load screen

Go for it, dude.

I really wish there was at least the options of speech bubbles in this game. In a crowded area where you don't know everyone, trying to keep track of which character is saying what is such a pain in the ass.

np 'w'

yup, have to do special kuma dailies for a few weeks to get it

Damn I guess it'll be a while before I get to {/pet} it
Maybe next year...

Anyone wants to add me with the friends invitation?

[email protected]

GIANT CHOCOBO COCK

kweh

I lost my nerve, there's just way too many people here to keep up its crazy, and I don't know where to even begin looking for an opening, everyone seems pretty set in their groups, I feel like an outsider

It is kind of impossible to keep up in a crowded area, I really agree with you here

hmu rena maki

>when you find an ebin commission but wonder whether its better to blackmail or leak

Why are these story quests such a grind?

I thought I would be able to jump right into the Heavensward stuff once I hit 50, but now I have to go through all these story quests.

Yeah, its mildly annoying, but its better than being underlevelled when you hit the heavensward quests!

>commission posted publicly
>thinking they wouldn't care either way

It's time to stop acting like an internet badass.

what if the commission was taken down shortly after being posted?

I'm just starting out and was wondering if anyone could give me any advice [if the class is fun, hard to learn, useful for solo and group content] on THM/BLM and Archer: Bard/Mecha/Ninja

Still doesn't matter.

Just post it and take your ban. At least you won't be a coward like the rest.

well, just for (You) i can make an exception...

join haHAA

the 50-60 grind is so awful its going to be even worse come 4.0 getting rdm to 60 to do MSQ

*redmage wilI be like death knight and start at level 50*
Plsplsplspls

Why

didn't they already say it'd start at 50

i have a cool house

Oh, thank god!
Id hate to have to do it from 30 like the other jobs.
Obviously 60 would be better, but I can understand not throwing you in that deep with it.

lala rape

can i pump you in every room?

if that's seihai's commission your too late
it's been uploaded some other places already

what server

>Abe stops posting to pretend he's doing something for New Year

Like I dunno, sleep?

bump

no, you will be the pump-ee

its all fine
play what sounds interesting

I'm tempted to Fanta

liked favorited and subscribed.

Archer and Arcanist are both very forgiving to new players, and teach you about field control in combat. Black Mage starts to get a little more involved at around level 50+, but it's not too hard to adapt to. It's also one of the quickest leveling jobs because of its high damage output that will leave you zooming from mob to mob.