This triggers the Veeky Forumsutist

>This triggers the Veeky Forumsutist

I actually like these a lot. If you live in a small town where the speed limit is 25 and 35 everywhere, these are totally useful. Great for absorbing the 5-10 mile trips you take every day from school/work/the grocery store. All while getting 100ish MPG easy.

Plus, if you enjoy wrenching, these things are perfect for you - Oil gets changed every 500-700 miles, things constantly break so you have an excuse to work on it, and parts are cheap so it's not gonna break you every time the thing decides it's had enough.

Cons: No power, nobody respects you, you'll probably get hit by at least 4 cars a year from assholes who can't stay off their fucking phones.

Addendum to my previous post:

About breaking, these things break often (cheap chinese shit lol) but once you fix it right once with superior parts, it's suddenly reliable. Most of the idiots who hate on these have no mechanical inclination and let the things rot once they have any problems at all. Which is awesome because then you can pick these things up for practically free on craigslist.

>Live in large city
>Triggering people left and right on mine

wew. It's a wonder how I'm still alive. Fuck you and fuck your sports car/soccer mom car.

>Choosing to live in a big city

Your problem user, move elsewhere. There's literally no benefit to living in a big city.

>Implying I chose to live here
I'm stuck here. I want off of big city's wild ride.

Scooters are fun and can run all day on NO gasoline, always wondered how a diesel scooty would do, but a bit to faggy for a dd ride.

Off-subject I know, but this is the most relevant thread (one person small engine transport).

I wish quads were legal to use on the road. Do you know how sweet it would be to crank up the Honda and take it across town or pack it full of gear and take a road trip? Been on a few offroad weekends and they're huge fun but it kinda gets old riding the same property for 4 days straight. I want to go to florida. At 35mph. Or wherever.

Overlanding seems fun as fuck, and is something I'd like to do in my jeep someday (going over land for your trip instead of on the road). A group took part of the Oregon trail and that looks fun as fuck, but there's not really any multi-day rides around here that cover distance like that that I know of. I live in ky.

If there were dedicated off road trails beside major interstates, or if I could ride my quad otr, that'd be great.

I had an old Puch Maxi. Good moped, I used it to get to class. Chained it up to the bike rack instead of paying for a $125/semester parking pass.

Every now and then, a security guard would say "you can't use that rack for gas powered vehicles". Just told them I was sorry and wouldn't do it again... but I did. They couldn't really do anything about it because it didn't have anything that identified me, and I never gave them my name.

I saved $500 in parking fees. Pretty much paid for itself.

I own one. Top speed 45km/h. Oil changes at 3000km. Put nearly 6000km on it and no problems yet.

Oil at 3000kms? You realize the main reason scoots need frequent changes is mainly because they don't have an oil filter? They have a metal screen to catch big chunks of metal but that's it. Of course you can install your own filter, but then you have to consider oil pressure and volume and possibly upgrade the oil pump.

On top of that, scoots run hot and require thick oil - shit gets broken down fast. I'm sure if you ran Rotella t6 it wouldn't be an issue, but the rest of us who run bog standard cheapo 15w40 just change it often because above reasons.

If it's 2 stroke it doesn't need an oil filter, but yeah, you should change it more often as well. All a 2 stroke has to lubricate is the crank and piston ring(s).

Ive seen them street lega here (az) no idea how you go about doing that though.

That's cool as shit. I assume they have to have license plates and turn signals, be registered and have insurance etc. Where in az, small town?

>someone drives a moped more than 3,000 miles

scary thought

Smallish town but yeah they have license plates and everything.

WHERE DO YOU LIVE FELLOW ARIZONAN?

But my manual says 3000 KILOMETERS. Not miles.

>tfw rode once in summer on a hot day
>had to refill and came home with tank nearly empty

mine is at nearly 6.5k

Driving one of these on the snow is the scariest experience ive ever had.

>4 stroke scooters

Kek

>aerox
>literally manlet only
>minarelli shit
>not glorious piaggio

kek

did you even scoot faggot homo polak

aerox is a part of the definitive northern european teenager experience

Oh boy do i remember all of those aeroxs with exploding engines from ricing them too much.

>nah bruh just remove the limiter its gonna go really fast
>[SCRAPING]

i recently saw one for sale in my area with 82000km on it, apparently on its original cylinder

>scoot thread
Obligatory

>fartcan on scooter
Why do people do this?

its a 2 stroke, that pipe has a powerband between 9000-13000rpm vs stock powerband 5000-7500rpm

and yes it sounds like a chainsaw

Thats obviously a radar machine

Hnng!!!

And checked.

>wut iz expansion chamber
I wish my Zuma was 2-stroke. Would be so dank. I don't even care if it means I only get 75mpg instead of 125mpg.

>muh superior piaggio
>must split engine to change a water pump

Minarelli or bust

>this triggers dbt
most of Veeky Forums doesn't care

I like using highways.

>tfw no tuned Italjet Dragster 180

I don't even like scooters desu

Yeah, let's see if I can get a job as programmer that pays $130k/yr in Bumfuck Ohio.

if you're doing computer work i don't see any reason you couldn't manage as long as you have a decent internet connection

my uncle lives in the woods hours away from the nearest city and manages to pull in 150k designing web pages without leaving his property

I had a chinese scooter i bought for university new for a $1000 NZD. It was the most reliable vehicle i ever owned and only have good memories or it part from when i tried to drift it after watching initial D. Sold it around a year ago now see it time to time. I miss it.

As a biker, I steadfastly refuse to not to scootists. They aren't real bikers.