I started a business and I don't know where to go...

I started a business and I don't know where to go. It's a news web company that allows regular people to write news articles. The idea is that when people can write the news, it basically can't be corrupted because it is a creation 'of the people'.

I have an in-depth video describing what it's about here: youtube.com/watch?v=Skxz5ufccrY

This is the website itself: 1stamender.com

I need to find an investor. I am willing to put in the work and write a business plan but I am not sure how I can go about approaching the big wigs without seeming like another loser with an idea.

I also need to find ways to advertise the hell out of the website to make it popular with at least a thousand views a day to make money off of advertising. I cannot make an advertising campaign without showing how many people view.

I am tired of being poor. I have a room mate in a 2 bedroom apartment with a 1997 Isuzu Rodeo and I am in debt thanks to college.

I am working a job as a computer technician and trying to move up into being a web developer doing web dev projects projecting my earnings to go from 25k a year to about 50 if everything goes right.

I'm just tired of pushing and pushing and nothing happening. Can I get any 'successful' bros as to what you would do in my situation? I legit am working very hard to make my startup company big. But with a website that only sees about 20-40 sessions a day it is not happening any time soon. Any advice appreciated a ton!

Other urls found in this thread:

newsvine.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This looks like it would take too much energy and time to maintain and to keep it safe.there are all kind of ill willed ppl to sabotage as fun....sry

Newsvine did it for years, but they got bought out and then shut down when the buyer realized it's a money pit.

Also Trump will execute all liar msm anyway...

I can keep it safe. It is very easy to take down an article if it is clearly spam. It is paramount we have failsafes put in place to stop pure spam and something that could cause physical harm to someone. I plan on making the site 100% legitimate despite people writing whatever they want.

>Richard Stallman

I'm out

The problem is really that this project seems like it has nothing new to offer ppl can already go and find news if they want...with all kind of perspective

There is no platform that will allow you to publish articles freely into an article-like format. Things like reddit do exist but there is no section for sources for example nor is there a good format for any news article. It doesn't work aesthetically as an article and I also want to prove to people that you should question your journalists just as if a random person wrote it, as that is the case for all journalism.

yeah, you should probably go check out newsvine. Apparently it's still hanging around.

newsvine.com/

and additionally to continue from this post:
Journalism is inherently corrupt and simply needs to be an open platform taken seriously, and at the same time, not people around using mod powers to control users from doing things like advertising and being off topic, but kindling a really awesome flame I truly believe can take off.

You know what to do if you want to really make this big you need to redo this youtube video into a prof looking one and you need to spend on advertisement ...i personally dont see much in this....needs a well balanced writer base and rater base

I honestly tried to make it as professional as possible. But to be fair I don't ahve a lot of experience editing but I did my best with what I had. I ordered a studio light and a backdrop canvas. I am a little dissapointed you call it not professional enough. What could I do to make it better? Add music? More editing away from my face?

Yeah got nothing against your friendly face but ppl will judge your shit by your looks so it would be better with only your nice voice ...with a better mic ofc.,sometimes less is better so leave the meme gag pictures too...the more matured the better

hmmm alright I will think about that and put it to consideration

>without seeming like another loser with an idea
I got some bad news, kid. "Inventing" blogging and fake news isn't going to make anyone money.

It will. I have to change the overall belief that you have to have news written by a journalist to be credible. A stunning amount of people have already posted 100% legitimate arguments and articles that are worth reading.

the worst part being is this inherent trust that has gotten us into trouble in the first place. The trust that whoever is writing is going to output something you can chew on and you get the whole story and is somehow unbiased despite a human being writing it.

You have to assume all news as skeptical. This is why it needs to be blatantly aware that random people will be writing articles and needs to be kept the same healthy skepticism. The only difference being it is not owned by a corporations self interests, but of the peoples interest.

>the overall belief that you have to have news written by a journalist to be credible
No, you fucking idiot. In order to be credible, the news has to be true. As we know (everyone but you, apparently) the average person is too stupid and too biased to know the difference between real and fake news. And you're clearly too stupid to gatekeep.

Journalists aren't the problem. It's dumbfucks like you who hate the truth.

So if something is true, it generally will be recieving higher ratings than that of something untrue. You put little faith in people. but it is people who built the infrastructure you see and it is people that can lose trust in it like they do every day.

>So if something is true, it generally will be recieving higher ratings than that of something untrue.
Wrong. Fake news stories have been voted to the top of reddit all the time.

Truth is truth, Something isn't more or less true based on popular opinion.

This is why people go to Journalism School. To not be idiots like you.

>Am I really debating an idiot who thinks he's "invented" Fark or Reddit?

>numbers in the domain

I registered and routed firstamender.com as well so you can relax yourself.

Alright OP, I left a comment on your YouTube video as well, I thought I was banned off here but apparently not.
I have to say its definitely a neat concept. I like it, in fact, I've been working on something similar, if we could get in contact, I think we may have the chance to share ideas, visions, talk about the growth and influence of User Generated Content and maybe work something out. Anyway, I'll drop my email if you're interested.
I'm am really willing on this idea man, I already started working on my own, but why compete when we can merge, we can have 2 minds working on a single good concept.

[email protected]

This idea has been tried for centuries and always fails

Because OP is thinking about his idea in the wrong way, it has potential, nonetheless.

I'd say OP would be smart to message you, I don't think one guy could take the load of getting a company to the point of making millions while handing all, if not most of the work himself.

Seems your site is right leaning. That's a plus because you can get grants from the hundreds of right wing think tanks and foundations just for existing. Why does Ann Coulter get number 1 NYT bestseller lists? Because places like that buy her books tens of thousands at a time. There's a book called something like the right wing noise machine that talks about it. Maybe a bit dated by now.

Remove your face from the video, it makes it too amateurish, your voice is okay though.

/x/ are gonna eat this shit up

A common method of news was back in middle ages where the 'news' was basically a wooden board known as the 'forum board' at the front of the village. What is inherently amazing about that forum board is people of all types would put in relevent news. "New Taxes Decree by the Lorde" was next to "Village Tramp Has Plague" and all news was seen as one. Most likely slanderous filth was removed and there was a general consensus. Except we need to build that up into a global structure with now the existence of the internet of making it possible. We need to go back to a simpler way of how news worked and not the corrupt mess we have now. This is why I made 1stamender.

Whats amazing is it is not right or left leaning, but 'people' leaning. If the majority of people are right, left, authoritarian or libertarian they all have a general area and no viewpoint will be silenced.

I will consider making a new video in the near future that is a little more complete than what I have.

Rumor section is pretty much free to set up whatever they want about bigfoot and aliens and paranormal whatnots.