pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Warhammer introduction to MP Lords and Heroes
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War News
youtube.com/watch?v=f8_Z2Bm0CjE

Time Commanders is back and it was never as good as decisive battles.
youtube.com/watch?v=07LGm2ZN7W4

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
Recent Update Info -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_5
Recent DLC (good goy) -- store.steampowered.com/app/534331

Suggested Mod Pack (You can pick and choose from the list, Suggested by user):
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817040576

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=831679533
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

(embed)

Thats because the MKTW projectile guy make mortar effectiveness like a dice roll.
The shells can either burst in the air far away prematurely, airburst close enough for the shrapnels injuring, explode right when it supposed to be, or just bury itself to the ground to explode many seconds later.

About to raise another Empire army with Balthazar Gelt as the general. Are there any schools of magic that goes well with lore of metal?
I know he kind of sucks but i want him for the voice lines.

>150 hours in Shogun 2
>never touched anything but custom battles
Am I missing something out?

Rollan!

nah the campaign is shit

because that is incorrect to the English language

its not wolfs, shelfs, elfs and the like.
it's wolves, shelves, elves, and dwarves

it's a major part of what makes English a germanic language.

yeah, the campaign

t. butthurt realm divide casual

>Am I missing something out?
Yes, the campaign is damn good

anyone got something like this for Shogun?

Empire 2 when?

Pike&Shot or Victoria or WWI will be the next historical title

it isn't incorrect at all in fact it is established that 'elfs' and 'dwarfs' is the correct translation of german 'Elfen' and 'Zwerge'. Pretty much Tolkien alone decided on Dwarves and Elves probably to actually set his moreh umn portrayals apart from the stunted monsters of German folklore.

Bright and Light wizards are busted as fuck imo, especially Light wizards. I won so many battles off my Light wizard's back it's almost hilarious.

Will roll I guess

>Pike&Shot
Remove Protestant filth!

>Pike&Shot
Terrible meme.

is tw: warhammer a good way to get into this genre?

I found out, it's pretty cool

It's definitely the best way to have fun playing a game. It's the most fun I've had playing a game in a long time, that's for sure.

It's about as good as most of the others
Rome 1, Med 2, Shogun 2 are all good places to start from depending on what time period/location you prefer.

Kill me, Pete.

Subscribe now. Help my broke ass out by smashing that motherfuckign rate button.
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=831679533

>its not wolfs, shelfs, elfs and the like.
>it's a major part of what makes English a germanic language.

The plural of the German word Wolf is Wölfe, so I'd say that's just an English quirk.

The words elf and dwarf existed in the English language for centuries before Tolkien, who drew from German mythology just as much as from any other among those he considered to belong to the 'good guys' (Germanic and Finno-Ugric, basically)

>want to do a bloody handz playthough
>get bored of it at turn 10 or so and alt+f4

Everytime

I need some new content CA

>tfw playing shogun 2 for the gorillionth time
there's just something about this game

lets see

>three separate campaigns with empire and I couldn't survive past turn 100 because of the wood elves
>start a dwarf campaign
>fifty turns in and I'm getting my shit pushed in by greenskins
>38 hours into WTW and I haven't completed a fucking campaign
Should I just kill myself? How do I even get good at this? Should I just stop trying to play empire and just play one of the blatantly overpowered factions?
Chaos drops in at turn 100 with rank five armies like the mongols of old medieval. Should I even bother with the campaign at all? Because fuck that entire noise. I don't even know how I'm going to prepare for that.

Nope, you're just a weaboo.

I like the setting, I like the gameplay, I like the graphics.
I just wish we had a new gunpowder total war again, FOTS is just so fun

When?

Go to their fucking gay forest and burn it. Actually wood elves made empire campaign easy as fuck since all their outposts is unwalled and have almost no garrison.

I didn't finish my first campaign until around 90 hours. I quit at least four Empire campaigns, one Greenskin and a Dwarf campaign before Durthu and I rebuilt the Oak of Ages.

The only way to gitgud is to play more. I'm one of those people who gets pissed when I'm not doing well and I train like crazy to gitgud. The only time you really ought to stop playing is when the game is no longer fun.

Btw, Empire IS good. Just keeping trying m8, you got this

Yes, I like gunpowder gameplay, but this setting is killing me. Goddamn asians.

there are people plebs in this thread right now who actually want a total war that has a completely flat map with no terrain.

i miss these games

Rejoice! For a Knight of Bretonnia provides your shield.

Guys, how do I get past not ever wanting to lose units? It means every single game I play is taking a couple regions and then shitting out doomstacks against the AI's garbage tier 1 units and steamrolling every battle.

>mfw it's stabby time

>tfw no TW pre-dreadnought battles

Best post.

Not a weeb and I agree that a part of Shogun's draw was its alien setting that got lost with subsequent titles featuring the same old knights and centurions as any other historical game, and that it was only with Warhammer that the series recaptured the magic of commanding colourful exotic armies in cool places.

just wait for the next historical

You'll be grayer than Grombrindal before that happens, o hisfags.

>dreadnought total war never

>38 hours into WTW and I haven't completed a fucking campaign
>actually finishing campaigns
I'm nearly 200 hours in and still haven't finished a campaign.

In my last dwarf campaign I had Ironbreakers by turn 40 and had 2 settlements left to take in the badlands until it was entirely mine by turn 80 (which was after a long detour to completely wipe out Wiessenland and VC). At that point you've basically won the campaign so there isn't much point finishing. I think Empire were fucking up Chaos as well.

Are you some kind of auto-resolve plebian?

I'm playing on very hard and finding that I need to win some pretty tricky battles early on if I want to secure any sort of advantage in the long term.

Okay, time for a new campaign I suppose

Except Grombrindal, I don't have him

Thanks, but no thanks.

>dreadnought

use him only for dropping transmutation on your enemy's main line - If you want to use the hounds look for a fuckhuge blob or put a hero into melee with enemy cavalry. The hounds can actually do pretty decently vs cav due to the wacky knockback mechanics ingame

I have the same feel, i get bored af playing WH, I've installed that chaos mod tho that gives you the bloodthirster and shit but now it just depends on whether i can be arsed to turn the game on kek

:v

I think that's my next idea. Fuck uniting the empire until I can burn the fucking forest. I'll start with Volkmar with some flagellants and take Sylvania, and when I get Charles French, I'll burn the knife ears.
I'm having fun despite always getting into a bad spot with my campaigns. So that's a good sign. And it leaves me room to git gud.
I'm not that good. I play most of my battles, except for when it's worthless to even try. My empire campaigns utterly failed to retake Wissenland. Nuln is the fucking toughest nut to crack. So many cannons and guns that you need to either assault it with two doom stacks or wait it out until the defenders starve. And that's a crock of shit.

S K A R S N I K
K
A
R
S
N
I
K

I want to be dominated by a best elf!

what did he mean by that

Why is Skarsnik so smart? How is he able to outsmart his enemies so often?

nah Shogun 2 has the best campaign by far. Best map as well.

When nearly every settlement is in a defensible mountainous position a lot of the annoying shit you find in TW games tends to disappear.

That said, I always get frustrated with it for a really simple reason
>The enemy has constant line of sight into castles during sieges
literally makes no sense. If they have more archers then you when attacking your caste it turn what's mean to be a defensible position into a deathtrap.

And Tolkien was a linguist at Oxford.

German is not the same as Germanic.
German is merely one of many West Germanic ethnicities/languages that has had it's own changes and evolution from Proto-Germanic.

As I understand it, things like Gold to Gold, Old to Elder, Mouse to Mice, and Dwarf to Dwarves are very Germanic aspects to language.

BIKE&SHIT FOR NEXT HISTORICAL TOTAL WAR!

All of Europe, North and South America, North Africa, western Asia, maybe even as far as China and Japan.

CA DO IT!

I just woke up and thought it was a titan

>Thought to be of Thracian or Scythian descent, and believing themselves descended from Herakles himself, the warlike Agathyrsi, also known as Acatziri, lived on a plain that is now part of modern-day Romania from around 700BC. They were famous for their unusual, relaxed attitude to breeding - where everyone belonged to everyone else

What did CA mean by this?

my argument was that the plural 'Elves' and 'Dwarves' did not exist in the english language, not 'elf' and 'dwarf'. The most original english word in fantasy is 'orc' which is actually closer to nordic languages but fairly unique to anglo-saxon english.

You know English folklore is Germanic right? Tolkien didn't steal from Germany, he just used Anglo-Saxon (English) folklore. Elves and Dwarves have always been with England.

Everyone knows what they meant, user.

>Elves and Dwarves have always been with England.

elves are welsh mate

Have any of you lot played with the Chaos Divided mod?

If so is it any good?

>Start a new Franz campaign.
>Get 20% ward save item from taking Grunburg.
gg no re 2 ez

>The most original english word in fantasy is 'orc'
Tolkien derived it from roman god Orcus.

>BIKE&SHIT FOR NEXT TOTAL WAR!
>imploying ya needz umie gits ta roide a boik

Total War: Gorkamorka when, ladz? The contract with GW is set to last through 2021 anyway, why waste that time on 2000s hisfag shit?

Well on my empire campaign I'm pretty early in, I think it's like turn 15 or something and I'm moving to take Middenland (Whatever the faction with Boris is) but I'm finding I can generally win uphill battles if I have more xbow units then they do. It means on offence that they're always forced to charge you rather than the other way round.

Also if you're playing Franz, I always use the initial unit of handgunners you get to focus fire their generals. In combination with Franz himself it can mean a pretty early route for the enemy if their general dies 2 minutes in.

Eadbutt dem 'isfags 'ard til they come 'round to our way of doin' tings, innit?

Is there any reason at all to bring taifali cavalry? They seem pointless

yes
pretty fun

>Mfw the only total war campaigns I've finished have been a few in Med 2 , Macedon in Rome 2, and as every race in Warhammer, despite playing the series since Med 1 and only missing out on Napoleon

I don't get why they only have 2 ammunition

I wish you could make new models for the game and more importantly edit the campaign and battle maps. Of course then they would actually have to take time and put effort into any of their DLC.

kill me

>he only worships one god

get out of here with that shit

nope, it's Saxon/old norse and means a strange, evil creature. The saxons possibly derived it from the Roman but it never meant a fantastical creature in Roman, only in Saxon. Tolkien made especial study of old english so no doubt he knew that.

Ye, problem is with WH for me, the games get boring around turn 100.

I sort of want to go and play Atilla but i only have the blood DLC for it. I'm stuck in this position where I want something to play but nothing appeals to me

So far my experience with any of the Wood Elves factions has been a consistent

>Remember that Beastmen faction you thought you destroyed?
>You didn't destroy them
>And while you were busy trying to get amber, they appeared right next to the Oak of Ages
>It'll take them 1 turn to attack and raze it
>It'll take you two
>Also, none of the other Elf factions will even try to attack the Beastmen, despite being at war with them

How do I deal with expanding to get amber, a crap economy, useless elven allies, and a need to protect the Oak?

Don't upgrade the Oak

I can't play as the WE for the exact same reason, it's infuriating

I didn't upgrade the Oak. I need Amber before I can upgrade the Oak, but by the time I had the amber to upgrade the Oak, I had Beastmen ready to raze the Oak down because no other faction apparently wants to fight the Beastmen, despite being at war with them.

And this isn't the main Beastmen faction. This is like Jagged Horn or something, so the Wood Elves, who are also at war with Jagged Horn and have a full stack at home (and another full stack out in Bretonnia), could help defend the fucking Oak.

How are you not bored

Late Qing Total War when

>Med 1: England
>Rome 1: Brutii, Sillykids, Gaul, Britain
>Med 2: England
>Empire: implying
>Napoopan: Italy Campaign
>Shogun 2: Satsuma, Chosokabe, Mori, Takeda, Satsuma, Choushu, Jozai
>Rome 2: Macedon
>Warhammer: working on empire right now

guess I just really like Shogun 2

Never ever dumb gookposter

>天国一统

>not 天國一統

Fucking simplified Chinese

/twg/, is it normal that i want to bang tutorial girl?

gc has a new "feature" so now no matter where the beastmen event happens, a second stack is also spawned in estalia if you are playing as welfs

Are Olives the best resource in Attila?

>Give huge amounts of food
>Large bonus to commerce
>Only penalty is squalor

roll

No it's wrong.
Milady Adviser has been my TW waifu for years.
Don't touch her!

Franz, what have you been doing for nearly 40 turns?