wiki.debian.org/AntiHarassment
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>paying to ride the bus
literally why?

>be me in school
>live in some not-so-populated neighbourhood
>buses rare as fuck
>take bus everyday to school and back home
>"user, you aren't supposed to sit. Seats are reserved for females/preggos/eldery/handicapped/whateveryouthinkof"
>never sit again
>returning from home one day
>traffic blocked because some stupid "Anti-violence" march
>only made me want to beat the crap out of the folks attending it to get home already
>other horror stories
>fastforward a few years
>"Arnern, u pollute so much, why dont u take teh bus, is cheaper, healthier and eco-friendly"

This is the worst type of normies. Fucking hell one day I'll superglue one of those eco-hippie's lips on my exhaust pipe and start driving.

Shit I hate buses.

>pay 40 eur a month for school bus
>bus full of retarded, noisy and bad mannered children
>10 year olds shouting "yo bruh i penetrated his mum in the asshole dude lets smoke weed"
>be at time at the bus stop
>bus is 20 minutes late
>be at time at the bus stop
>bus was 3 minutes too early but decided to drive away anyway
>be at time at bus stop
>bus doesn't come because fuck you
>bus drivers who hate humanity
>forget ticket. Have to pay 3 euros for one way ticket
>that old lady who was a hardcore racist (fuck you devil niggers)
>people shouting in Arabic. Thanks merkel.

>finally get car
>everyone asks me why im so happy lately

Also fucked up bus times. My bus came at 7:04, 7:20, 7:35 and 11:30. Why 3 buses in one hour and then suddenly one bus every 3 hours? Fuck that shit. Bus driving is hell.

bus should only be free for pensioners and students
people living in the city and using the bus to avoid paying $60 in parking fees should pay for the privilege of being driven around on roads that arent free to build or maintain

Taking the city bus is terrible, but headphones make it... bearable? Didn't bother to get my license until I turned 22 because Seattle has a decent enough public transit system.

Then I moved. To a shit hole where the busy routes ran every 45 min. Had license and car within 2 months.

Still occasionally take the bus / train to commute into work, especially if traffic is going to be bad.

i am literally a busrider right now lurking Veeky Forums because i am sick of wasting an hour to get to work one-way when it's only a 20 minute drive.

only thing holding me back now is indecisiveness and the insurance quotes showing me that it'll be $300-$400 a month

isn't the point of public transport to cut back on emissions? better for 60 people to fill a bus than 60 driver their 4+ seater car by themselves

Because lots of people go to work at those times. Its called rush hour.

Wanna know something worse?
>pay about 800€ a year to take the subway
>only applies to inner city lines
>lines to suburban/surrounding zones requires another pass or over 10€ per ticket
>does not apply to trains ran by the same company
Welcome to Paris (and a lot of yurolandian capitals) where you have to pay a good chunk of your income for the privilege of having your shit stolen in a piss-smelling metro station by an equally piss-smelling arab, and you have no choice because you couldn't park a car anywhere near your home anyway
>exhaust gas gets in the mouth
>gets out at the other end
literally a fartcan

>tfw American
>tfw drive big block 440 Plymouth Satellite to work every day
>just got my line locks in so I've been doing daily burn outs
>Europeans will never know this feeling

Lmao, know the feel bro. Growing up in that neighbourhood the busses were mainly either too early or either too late. Never on time.

Also I grew a strong digust for both bus riders and bus drivers.

ive brought several cars for 70 days on the bus
thats less than 1/4 a year and you could have a car m8
wtf are you doing?

No, the point of public transport is to transport people.

the bus becomes uneconomical if not fully laden with passengers
the main problem with transport is that it has convergent paths up till the last few km and people get the idea that a walk to a station or stop is too far compared to being stuck in a car park

Haven't you realised it yet?
Buses are a scheme to keep the poor poor and dependent on public services, and voting Labour.

Or is it that busses cost money to run and someone has to cover that cost

>have to bus to work for a time
>have to get up at 05:30 to catch the first one
>first bus is on the way to the local retard activity center or whatever
>always a ton of crazy shenanigans and idiot shit happening
>this one tall idiot flirting heavily with everything and everyone while he is having fits with his hands and taking imaginary phone calls
>second bus never matches with the first one time-wise so I have to wait in the freezing cold for half an hour
>this bus goes past the local asylum center and the local welfare office
>holy fuck please spare me
>filled to the brim with drug addicts and foreigners
>always some drug dealing in the back
>always get late for work since Jamal and his seven wifes and thirteen children have to pay for individual tickets while arguing about the price (when they don't sneak)
>third bus doesn't exist, so still have to walk 15 minutes over to where I work
>people ask me why I drive whatever shitty vehicle I can as long as it goes forward

Fuck busses. Never again.

>be mexcrement
>Ride the bus ever since middle school until I was like almost 20 and got my first car

>all buses are 50 year old pieces of shit burning liters of oil every KM
>packed as fuck and drivers dont give a shit so sometimes you end up hangin out the door with only your tiptoes on the ladder and the door open
>bus riders consist of poverty stricken human garbage, including crazy crystal meth addicted homeless who smell like literal piss and shit
>beggars get on and get angry at you if you dont gibe them money
>bus always smells like sweat and ass

now i got a shitbox honda accord but literally my life did a 360 turn even if gas is expensive as shit in relation to our salaries, id rather spend 80%of my income on gas than ride those boilers of hell again

>busses cost and someone has to pay
If cars are cheaper, what is the point of busses?

oh also i forgot, here in beanerland poor ghetto people who will never be able to afford a car in their lives actually get on the bus just for fun while drinking alcohol with their buddies. Yes that actually happens

>lived in rural areas all my life
>no buses anywhere near my house, couldn't take one even if I wanted to
>everyone and his brother is a shade tree mechanic
>can get running shitboxes for $500 so everyone has a car no matter how poor
>bus business in the local shopping district/"downtown" is constantly on the edge of bankruptcy because there isn't enough carless people to sustain it
>mortgage for a great house I could raise a family in costs less than renting a one room crack den apartment downtown

Feels good man, fuck cities. You're retarded if you choose to live in a filthy crowded city full of niggers and poorfags, instead of commuting in from the country.

>live in a third world shithole
>10 million people city
>WITH NO FUCKING SUBWAY OR TRAMS
>Mayor 20 years ago instead spent all the city's shekels im a fucking BRT system of shitty bendy buses because, and I'm quoting, "They're the same as a train. Even better still!"
>BRT buses take lanes of ALL major city highways making them absolute hell at any time of day
>fucking expensive fuel depsite being a petroleum producing country and absolutely shitty octane ratings (83RON for regular, US$2.5 per gallon/87RON for "premium", US$4 per gallon)
>4 cars in the family
>one of them actually mine
>the love of my life, comfy, fast, mine all mine.
>have to ride the BRT buses to the uni everyday
>dislike taking my car out if it's not at night because the city is absolute hell.

C: RUN: anhero.exe

>be bong
>recorded by surveillance cameras from the moment we walk out the door to the moment we get home
>when we arrive home, our botnets record us through webcams and phone mics
I wish I was american

>C: RUN: anhero.exe
>he's using windows

Not a computerfag enough to use Linux, not a cockgobbler with more cum than blood in my veins to use Mac. What other choice I got?

>RON
hello fellow pain matey

Are you me?

Buses and public transportation suck in SF Bay unless it's empty for whatever reason.

Either get indians stinking up the bus and having loud conversations on their cell phones, niggers fighting and being loud, mexicans that have given up on controlling their kids, white people that have given up on controlling kids, elderly asians that you have to give up your seat for, insane and/or smelly homeless people, some people that crank up the volume to the max on their headphones and play whatever studio gangster or edm is popular, or you it's a completely normal and courteous guy who absolutely reeks of cigarette smoke

>Be a Busrider
>More expensive than a car
>England

Yeah, both the busriders and the taxpayers. And the buses always need more money and always run late, despite having their own lanes, priority on traffic lights, and stops in the middle of the road so they stop all traffic to let Mrs Jones off to go to the shops.

If they were truly for the public good, they'd run buses only at peak times and just call taxis for people outside of them, all funded by the taxpayer. They're mostly a scheme to keep the poor oppressed and voting the right way, or to control traffic flow so it doesn't, or to launder money from the council's bribe-taking.

>not a computerfag
You're using one right now aren't you?

Like saying, "I'm not a racecar driver, why would I drive stick?"

Veeky Forums is a bunch of whiney faggots holy shit

Join us, friendo. Things are about to get less bureaucratic and more free over here. To what degree, I can't tell you, but there will be improvements.

Cars aren't cheaper than busses. The cost of taking a bus is far far cheaper than the total ownership cost of a car.

What kind of moron are you?

I visited Paris last summer, i found the lack of escalators disturbing.
Also
> have to change trains
> get off platform x
> looking for platform y
> have to walk half a mile underground but lol it's still the same station

You need a car anyway, so inshurance and some part of the total ownership is already covered.

>$300-$400 a month

Holy shit how old are you and what car?

>be American
>go to college
>college thinks it's cool to be eco-friendly
>bike lanes everywhere
>whatever that's fine
>parking pass is $400/yr
>big fat buses that have their own lane in the median of the road
FUCK

Yeah so it's up to the individual to decide if talking the bus is more cost effective than driving for any given trip. The cost of parking a car alone often out weighs the cost of taking public transport.

A Bus ticket usually costs way more than 1-2 hours parking...
Also mopeds are supririor in the city to both, you don´t pay for parking, the inshureance is like 50/year and the fuel consumption is incredibly low or its electric.

>be an europeon
>single full tank of gas costs more than unlimited local train, tram, subway and bus rides for a month
>tfw I'd rather have leprosy than use public transport

fuck the green party joos, I gotta roam free

>that one guy on every bus who is either high as fuck criminal just got out of prison mentally retarded or a terrorist

>tfw european
>tfw 47€ is the most I ever paid for a full tank

doesn't matter what car it is, any econobox

that's basically the norm for insurance around Toronto (especially around Brampton, aka India) for a male that is under 25. I am 23 right now.

>Be murican
>Drive an Intake/exhaust/tune gsr
>Pay 20$ for a full tank that lasts a full week while romping on it

Suburban Pennsylvania ftw

>gsr
>motorcycle

I paid that for my car, the lowest I payed for my motorcycle was 0,06€ due to a error at the gas station.
>tfw 1l costs only 1cent
>tfw 7,2l tank
>tfw 1,2l left

usually I pay about 7€ and drive 2 weeks.

>Feels good man, fuck cities. You're retarded if you choose to live in a filthy crowded city full of niggers and poorfags, instead of commuting in from the country.

DC here. Your tune will change real quick when you're doing 4-6 hour per day commutes by car in bumper to bumper traffic. Even outside the beltway homes go for $500k and up. And these are homes 20 miles outside the city.

>he thinks america is any less of a botnet

They may think that they're free but really they're just as fucked as the rest of us, if not more so.

Denial is a wonder thing.

lucky, in NYC it's around 1,300$ a year to take the subway.

>be me
>take car to work on other side of town.
>get there in 25-30 minutes
>get to chill, vape, listen to music and take the tougay back home. All in warmth, comfort and not having to deal with anyone. Can drop by friends places or store any time.
>get to work in -20 degree weather and blizzard, pull skids on the way
>workmate comes in, moustache frozen says he had to wait for bus for 10 minutes longer and then walk 20 minutes against the wind over an open field
>"shouldve bought a car"

>supply
>demand
>buy bus ticket
>pay way to much
>get on bus
>50+ empty seats
>just you and bus driver
>empty buses driving around town
>still have to pay full fare

Public transit is a fucking joke. It would probably be cheaper if the government just bought 25,000 bikes a year and gave them away to people. It certainly would be far better for the environment.

never mind the bus is stored in a massive lot or depot that uses a ton of fucking energy to operate, not including the machines the mechanics use to fix and fuel the buses

and then the drivers probably drive to the garage themselves

buses suck

t. former bus rider

and to cut back on emissions

I'm 21 and paying around ~210 CAD a month for full coverage with rental service because of my dad's discounts. He has had auto, life and home insurance through the same company for almost 20 years so the discounts are steep. You should consider being assigned as a primary driver under a family member who has a long history with the insurance company or ask for the same discounts.

>most busses are almost empty
>fueled by diesel
>permanent stop&go
>inefficient routes

Yea, they cut down emissions...

fuck
is there anything decent about nyc

>the government just bought 25,000 bikes a year and gave them away to people
That'd be a great way to find out where the niggers live from the massive piles of bikes in their yards

eventually they'd run out of room m8.

>buy £30 bus pass
>use it on the subway instead
>unlimited rides within the zones 1-2 that I purchased it for
>still cheaper than a car, and faster if I leave them
London is p cool

youtube.com/watch?v=PACat_tRXgs

Anyway, drivers would never pay similar money for bus. Only few exceptions:
>much quicker transport
in my city we dont have metro. when i went to school (about 10 miles): car=20-30 minutes, bike=45m, bus=50-60m .. not rush hour

>enormous parking price and/or impossible parking, in location where he go

>fair price for one ride
why would I spend 2x1,2€ , while my car can make 30 km for that money. One year ticket costs only 264€, but noone who has car will pay for it, so he will everytime drive his car.

>London
>sitting next to pakis and other mudslimes
>cool

WTF is wrong with you?

>rent 1 bed flat in uxbridge
>£1300 a month
>still takes almost an hour to get to central
London is the world's most expensive ghetto

>live in a city
>have to go to college
>busriding takes around 25-30min in the morning
>get there in 10min with a car
?????
Atleast monthly ticket costs 5euros for students

I'm very jealous. How hard was it to install? Post satellite

I don't know my way around the command line at all but I've been running Linux Mint since last fall with no issue. Just research if your hardware is fully compatible with Linux first. My laptop is all Intel stuff so everything works.

>be in my challenger
>buss pulls up next to me
>bunch of wagies my age

Don't be poor its not even hard

Suse or Debian Social Justice OS should work just fine.

>Ran Suse for years on an old HP laptop with AMD chipset
>Wifi was the only issue lel
>Ran that bitch until it fell apart

>Running Debian on old Thinkpad with Intel CPU and AMD graphics
>Graphics chip and wifi were the only issues but that was because they're old
>Found out about Debians SJW bullshit a month after everything's dialed in
>Fuck

I guess my point is, if your computer is fairly new it'll run Linux with minimal problems, no matter if it has Intel, AMD or Nvidia graphics. Wifi is still a bit of an issue but that's easily figured out. Usually it just takes a firmware download to get it working.

>Debians SJW bullshit
SJW are in IT by now?

Here, enjoy your cup of RAGE.

wiki.debian.org/AntiHarassment

>live in Bratislava
>yearly fee is 260€, singe ride is 70c
>buses and trams are usually reasonably clean and ridden by upstanding people to work and errands

Not bad desu, most buses and trolleybusses are new with A/C, trams are mostly older but being replaced. Yes, I've seen a drunk guy piss himself once in the bus and hobos sometime ride in the trams in winter but every year the public transport here gets better and better and infrastructure for it is growing.

Some connections are retarded but for big bulk of people it's fine

How did SJW end up in IT, especialy in Linux?
Wasn´t IT even more male than engineering?

I bet they didn´t even code anything.

wrong box, retard

back to the bus

No

>got my license about 2 months ago
>had to take the bus revently again
>think to myself this isn't too bad
>get in bus
>pay 3.50 for one way ride
>mfw I remember why I hated busriding
>the fucking people...

How the HELL could I keep up for so long with this is beyond me