/gowg/ - Gears of War General

JewIR Packs Gone Soon Edition
December 6th Update: gearsofwar.com/en-us/forums/e9b54fc61eb74ad783d533ca502b0132/threads/gears-of-war-4-title-update-2-december-6th-2016/366859c8-f9ca-4475-90b3-0976acff9676/posts

Available December 6th for Season Pass holders as part of the early access Developer Playlist*, Glory and Speyer will also be introduced into free public playlists on December 13 and Gridlock and Relic will be removed.
Read more at news.xbox.com/2016/12/01/gears-war-4-december-update/

>Information regarding Gears of War 4
pastebin.com/kEd89b2n (dev blog links)
gearsofwar.com/en-us/developerblog (blog pages include art and videos)
pastebin.com/r75cDpuS (all exclusive pre-order, rewards and promotional content info)

>Gamertag List (you can request being put on the list from this page)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iwt78Sa0c3wV3Nen3fm-4LY5aRA6_G5xuIerZ7bR4Og/edit#gid=0

>Gears of War General Xbox Club
Download the Xbox App BETA from the store if on PC. Both Xbox and PC search for gowg on Xbox Clubs.

>Join the /gowg/ discord to chat or play with us
discord.gg/f9HCYCP

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_zU2osUOAEo&t=16s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The madman did it, he made another thread.

Anya is the cutest

No difficulty of horde is safe from shitters now, even insane has low levels in every lobby.

Sam is best girl

Happy New Years /gowg/
Have some xbox Gears collection codes on the house

>tfw want the Vintage Console Limited Edition Pack

nobody has it ever to trade

Can't even get a bounty done today.

STAND

>Kids who sit in the spawn as leader on social quickplay guadian

You can bet I'm sending you a nasty message and teabagging the fuck out of you

Yup.

Honestly, how hard can it be to implement a spawn switch mid match? Gears 3 had it.

Any speculation on what the maps will be like this month? I hear we're going to get the update on the 10th.

Maybe it'll be two older maps redone again.

I really like the new maps and unless they are classics I dont really want old maps.

How the fuck do I see people's levels in horde? I swear I play on PC and can't see anyone's class level.

Will the Euros fail us again tonight?

Anyone even use these codes? Got no confirmation otherwise

Hope we make it through the night.

In the pre game lobby all I can see is what class they're picking, I can't see what level it is, and I can't see their profile level until the match starts.

same, i want to see their class level

>grinded out 7 of these bullshit packs
>got male and fem Asphos on first pack
>still neither of the elite characters
>keep getting duplicate weapon skins and emblems
>I just want the fucking elite dude
I don't know how much more disappointment my heart can take

Hurry up and die again.

Can anyone tell me why the two decoy/fabricator set up wont work when my scout is in there, but works when I'm in

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?

I'm definitely suffering, I know that.

bought 2, first one got the female asphos, hey pretty cool

grind out a couple days later, decide to buy a pack, get the elite male, wtf

buy a horde pack, get a legendary char

wtf, this is after 40 of those packs and never getting carmine

I swear there's forces at work to make sure I end up with the shittiest people and have no chance of grinding enough credits to buy packs with.

true

is a good tactic I always do that I rely in my team.

Jacinto and Blood drive, but I hope it wolud be new maps

I just come from flea market now, kingdom hears and FFX (ps2 everything) 5 Euros

So when are UIR packs gone?

How come hammer burst is such an unpopular weapon in horde?
Its max ammo and magazine size is small compared to other rifles, but It has great precision. it's still arguably the best assault rifle for long range.
Why I rarely see it on a kill log besides mines. even soldiers I play with don't use it.
Come to think about it, I didn't see people used it much in GoW3 horde either.

Just before I have enough credits to buy another one.

Can anyone rationalize why scrubs queue for insane and hardcore? It doesnt make any god damn sense. They probably never make it past wave 7 but they just dont fucking stop. What causes them to not think "Gee, maybe i shouldnt be queueing up for the hardest fucking difficulty and go somewhere easier"?

We need an E-Day or Locust War Sam character. I love that she's back but was kind of sad to see her just kind of age into the background. Still my go-to COG though.

My brother mained the hammerbust in 3 back when it had ironsights. He was pretty disappointed about the change to 4 with it. I'll use it sometimes as a soldier if i use the rifle cards, depends on the difficulty and the map though.

Threadly reminder defending microtransactions in a non free-to-play, fully priced at release title makes you a dumb shill

Bump from America

So why don't we just setup parties here to do insane horde?

id like to :

RazielMGS

but ive sent requests to add my name to this list 3 times and the fucker won't

Can we just do one of those speedruns to farm credits before they patch it on the 10th

youtube.com/watch?v=_zU2osUOAEo&t=16s

No chainsaw means it's less useful

hammerburst is great in every gears

In gears 3 in insane horde with 3 hard mutators is the best secondary weapon.

Having a chainsaw doesn't give you much benefit in Horde 3.0 since there are no sires or drudges. also the aggressive AI makes it more difficult and risky to approach the enemy.
Only enemies you can safely use a chainsaw to are deadeyes and juvies but their health are low so you can just shoot them instead.

We used to more often, but I think we had more people posting here too.

Meant to reply to this.

I've never tried this method, but I'd be willing to give it a shot.

Will the foundation speedrun work if you only have level 1 hammer strike?

>get this in the first hordebooster I open after asking

gow4 is trash, i quit

COME ON FAGS I NEED THE UIR PACKS

WHY CAN'T YOU USELESS FUCKS JUST FORM A FARMING GROUP BEFORE THEY PATCH THIS SHIT

Okay you fuckers are complaining about no Horde lobbies...

Insane Horde Speedrun, 2/5 1 hour will net you 3728 Credits at the least.

Who do I bribe to get in on this?

Post your GT fast.

SpiffyEnd3604

ONE SPACE OPEN

Dire Dino if you still need 1

I got no mic tho

>having fun in horde
>snatcher spawns wave 10

haha its so much fun having him completely ignore anything we've built and walk over oneshotting us all :^)

Why does the scout get all the power just for placing the decoy? I dont get that part.

>Not having at least a couple salvos stored up for the heavy to down him in a few seconds

Need one for Insane Horde Speedrun, post them GTs.

Still need one more?

I want to go too

Who will be faster?

Oogabooga

At the very least I hope UIR are up until the same time as the Christmas packs, up until the next update on the 10th would be better.

>Next update on the 10th

Where did this meme come from?

Nah they're gone on the 4th I think. They don't need to update the game to remove server side packs

On the 10th we get new maps tho

65th for being MAD AS FUK

Which is the best diff to play Horde in public matches?
Can you still carry your teammates on normal?

Context?

It's so rare I get fanmail anymore. Now people just talk shit with keyboards, and leave.

Joined a game half way through, war zone 3v2 in our favour but this guy was sat back camping on a buzzsaw, other 2 were getting outplayed. Was an easy win if he pushed and provided support, so I sent him a quick message. It'd frustrating seeing teammates struggling and someone else just sat watching

Game ends with him top, so he sent me that shit. Second game was TDM, I finished 20-3, he went 4/4 or something so I sent him back a *cough cough* and that's when he told me to fuck off lmao

Only time i ever give up is when i know my team mates suck and there's no way to win. It's especially obvious on modes like King of the Hill where nobody actually goes to the ring instead just runs around the map. Not even killing people with the weapons they pick up.

Sam best COG, Myrrah best Locust.

Guess it depends on your class.

I can almost carry a team on normal as an engie, as long as my teammates don't just waste the power building their own shit. A good scout helps a lot too.

Aww yiss, I got the elite UIR cutie!

After how many packs?

I've bought six packs so far.

That's a lot of credits

I've suffered a lot of horde.

>2017
>still doesn't know salvo and dropshoot HS spam

ARE YOU GUYS SITLL DOING HORDE SPEED RUNS

HOW MANY PEOPLE CAN WE FORM A PARTY WITH HERE

I was thinking of playing some versus, but if we have enough people here to make a group I could be up for that.

I want in on this too

Ive given up for the night, I must have tried 30 hardcore lobbies, only played 1 to level 10. I cant play scout because every nigger grabs power. Now all I see are low level scrubs not playing their class. Fuck this shit...

Sounds like what I went through yesterday, I just wanted to level my heavy but there's so many shitty people playing on difficulties they're not good enough to play on. My advise is to stay away from randoms, at least for now anyways.

Fuck it, I'm playing versus then.

I sometimes find the more dedicated runners of horde on at night, but that's certainly not always the case.

Bump

Is it so much to ask for to get a male character that isnt 8 feet tall and built like an Olympic heavy lifter?

Use Gary Carmine?

How do i get him? I dont see him as craftable.

What are top 3 hardest and easiest horde maps based on your opinion?
Mines
Hardest:
Lift, Dam, Harbor
Easiest:
Foundation, Impact, Speyer

I pretty much agree with all that, but i'd swap out Speyer for Drydock personally. I cant say i run any maps all that optimally though, it's usually pick a spawn and hope for the best or hold it down in a building or some structure to protect you from boomshots that can headshot you from across the map.

Man, you'd hate Gears 1, 2 and 3 then fag

They're still fun, and in 3 i just used the females, same as i do now. Just would be nice to have a male option that isnt fuckhuge.

Aww sorry man, he was a limited time available skin for the 10th anniversary.

Forge is definitely on my hardest list.