/nintyg/ - Nintendo General

This is a general for discussion of Nintendo consoles and games released on them
Previous: Tags: /3dsg/, /wug/, /smm/, /mk8g/, /lozg/

>Important News
「!」Tank Troopers developers talk about voice acting for the new game: nintendoeverything.com/tank-troopers-developed-by-vitei-how-the-game-came-to-be-voice-acting-from-nintendo-staff/
「!」DQIX development footage shows new features: gematsu.com/2016/12/dragon-quest-xi-development-footage-shows-camping-dragon-riding-battle
「!」Devil's Third servers are officially taken offline: nintendoeverything.com/devils-third-servers-officially-taken-offline/
「!」NIS actively developing for the Switch: nintendoeverything.com/nis-actively-developing-for-switch/
「!」Synthwave Outrun got a new trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=rseIooHZ1DE
「!」New My Nintendo awards have been added for Super Mario Run - and five select Mario games put on sale: my.nintendo.com/news/d820b4deedae48a0
「!」Visit Nintendo Zone locations from 12/19 to 1/15 for exclusive content this National StreetPass Holiday: nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/national-streetpass-holiday-edition
「!」Dragon Quest XI is in development for the Switch, Nintendo confirms: topics.nintendo.co.jp/c/article/839af1b5-c284-11e6-9aaf-063b7ac45a6d.html
「!」Nintendo finalizes Jan 12th Switch presentation date and time: twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/808584359901069312
「!」Super Nintendo World is coming to Universal Studios Japan: twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/808175059718180864

>Upcoming Releases
3DS -pastebin.com/aTMS8hCx
Wii U -pastebin.com/DJhTh6N1

>New 3DS XL vs 3DS XL Comparison
nintendo.com/3ds/features/compare#/compare-3ds

>amiibo Compatibility Chart
amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/amiibo-igcc-10.jpg

>Discord chat
discord.me/nintyg

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12006814
discord.gg/bTUwdjC
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>actually took /ink/ off the list
the absolute madman
bless you

Why remove /ink/ from OP???

mamma thanks

Your shitposters are out of control, sorry but it's not your fault or ours.

this is what we get for spamming squids

6th for XCX.

Gonna get it in a few days and im a bit hyped about it.

burg

gtfo squidcunt

yeah? or else what? you'll shitpost about how i'm shitposting?

hello?
is this thing on?

no we're not

babt are you that dumb that you think mods don't notice all the bitcoins posts are you changing your IP?

Yes....

am i all alone?
is anyone there?

I am. And I'm part of nintyg.

If buying a nintendo console is offtopic than erotic splatoon art only vaguely based on the game is well.

I sure wish there was a board where people could post about crypto prices.

Do you post this on Veeky Forums because someone bought a pizza once?

Do you post it on /qa/ and /vip/ because Veeky Forums takes bitcoin for passes?

It's irrelevant to talking about nintendo games.

Back to on-topic, I bought SSB for 3DS (I don't own a Wii U) and it feels a little shallow to me. Is it really just "Play 10 matches, unlock a new character"? Is Smash Run really the only game mode outside of regular matches?

play for glory

Veeky Forums was created like 2 years ago.

There's the classic mode and all-star too, but it's a fighting game you're supposed to play with other people.

>implying

>immediately deleted
KEK

I can't, I'm bad at the game and my big fat thumbs just make me twitch walk off a cliff at least once a game. There's no glory in being bad at a game :(

Ye that's kind of what I was implying. Sarcasm doesn't travel well over text.

THE ART Veeky Forums!! WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

It did it's just that I read that too fast.

!!
strawpoll.me/12006814
strawpoll.me/12006814
strawpoll.me/12006814

I know the NX will suck this is why I started the challenge. I'm buying a nintendo NX with bitcoin and all the accessories. Others have followed and are smart.

All this is a game reference yes? Sorry i cant follow.

>strawpoll
>captcha
fuck off

to make it harder for you to fuck with the results, babt

i need a bigger gun
help if you can

>he disagrees, that means he's babt!
fuck off /ink/

disagree with what, babt? I haven't even stated an opinion.

Dont tease me user, im trying my best to get enough money for the game already.

Reminder to join my Nintendo discord where squids and octos are both welcome. mamamiacoin discussion is not allowed, tho.

discord.gg/bTUwdjC

Also reminder that you dont need to download the shitty discord app and can just use the web browser (literally why would you download chinese bitcoin miner?).

please wake me up
not to sound cliche...

I can't wait for mods to get online to deal with pisspoor janitors.

Reminder to fuck off

uh oh, is babt having a temper tantrum?

ok...

BUT THIS WORLD SUCKS

thanks for letting me sing that whole verse, the song is Black Tar of XCX after the 3 minute mark

that album is shit and so is your gay frog

i was about to say the exact same

Oh i see. Speaking of that, is it just me or the trailers and music are actually pretty good? Maybe im easily amazed but i dont know, the trailers really clicked for me and made me want more.

It has a few bad songs like the New LA night theme I think and the first part of Black Tar that's literally an early Linkin Park song but yeah the OST is great, especially stuff like Theme X and Codename Z

But janitors taking dick is a lie. They all gargle cock like its going extinct.

Janitors have confirmed, only piracy talk is now allowed here. Spending money and buying games or consoles is strictly forbidden .

>babt talking to himself because ink has been blowing him the fuck out day after day

lmao.

I've been playing Mario Kart 7 and it's not so bad. It's like a finer Wii Kart with a lot of classic tracks.

BoTW Link confirmed for being part Slav, look at that squat.

this is just sad

Janitors are fag lords with only the power to tattle on people to mods.

You can't even ban me. Obese fag

yeah, mk7 was a good one for sure

11 more days til the rumors finally stop.

Thank fuck. I'm not expecting anything particularly great coming from the direct, and from all the rumors we've been getting, things aren't looking so hot for the Switch, but at least we'll know just how disappointing it is.

Still buying it though, Nintendo has a death grip on my balls and I like Mario and Zelda games.

All of it. He's a faggot who doesn't understand rules yet.

Purchasing a console is on topic.

>babt is so autistic that he's getting mad because Janitors are deleting his non-topic posts when he could just go to /g/

LMAO

Also we need more faceplates. DESU it looks like the Switch won't have any customization and will come only in their grey/gunmetal color.

Hopefully they'll show more colors during the Switch 7 hour party.

I support that last line, I have to get it for Zeruda and whatever they are gonna release.

very reddit much autism

I just don't get that three times in a row they try to pull the "We're going to release a system with worse specs, but give you a unique gimmick experience!", when the first two times it bit them in the ass financially.

Switch/NX looks like something slightly in between PS3 and XB1 spec-wise, 2 years after the XBone was released. Breath of the Wind's had insane framerate issues every time I've seen it, there's been so little additional info on other games, I'm just nervous about it.

>when the first two times it bit them in the ass financially.
The Wii sold like hotcakes what the h*ck are you talking about
>Switch/NX looks like something slightly in between PS3 and XB1 spec-wise, 2 years after the XBone was released.
That's literally rumours
>Breath of the Wind's had insane framerate issues every time I've seen i
watch the Switch footage again (jimmy fallon show)

I was looking at the Conan footage and got pretty nervous. And I wasn't talking about the actual hardware, just with how it looks. Sorry if I didn't make it clear that that was more me generalizing than anything.

The Wii did sell a SHITLOAD from like 06-08 before slowing down, but I heard that their actual attachments for profitable things (software, accessories, etc.) was really low. Maybe the "Companies don't make shit off console sales, they make it on accessories/games" meme isn't a thing anymore, I don't know.

Nintendo's been dealing with complacency for years now, it's kinda shitty because at this point it's kinda expected of them, and Nintendo's always been hell bent on making sure they don't retread the same ground and grow stagnant.

It really does feel like Nintendo has lost their edge, and that might be due to having so many fucking old timers run the show when it comes to game development. Splatoon was made by young blood within the company and it was pretty fucking great in terms of novel new gameplay mechanics.

Nintendo isn't dumb like Sony who sold PS3s at a loss.
What Conan footage? The only Switch footage I have seen is the Fallon one and they looked directly at an explosion and there was no drop, unlike the Wii U version.

Keep deleting its not like this is work...

The PS4 and Xbone are similar in power. The PS4 only seems more powerful on paper because it is always recording your gameplay incase you want a quick video or screenshot.

The actually UI is slow as fuck and after the last big update a few months ago it only got slower. Even the PS store is a mess and takes a while to load.

The Switch could be a portable Wii U in power, but the system is in its own way far more powerful than the Xbone and PS4. Compare the size of the systems and how the Wii U uses even less energy than a Wii yet has at least triple the power. The Wii U also renders 1080p and 480p at the same time, streaming to the controller. It can also do picture in picture in some games which is nuts.

So because the Switch won't be having to render a second screen (just render the primary screen) it could very well be up to par or even better than current gen systems in some respects.

companies never made money on accessories. Sony and Microsoft rely heavily on third party sales of software since they dont have first party games that are successful anymore.

And honestly the Switch looks like a prototype in the same way of the DS Phat.

So I'm trying to boot my flashcart with TWLoader and when itstarts to boot the bottom screen says "bootstrap not found". I know I'm being a dumbass but can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong?

>>>/hbg/

Why would you use a flashcart in 2017?

fuck, wrong tab. Im high

opinions?

>Small cases
Please.

>Colored Joycons
Please.

>Kingdom Hearts
I don't give a shit, but I know you guys like it.

take that dick janitorfag

Well it's gonna be cartridges, there's no reason for big boxes

Actually that's a good question, what do you think is going to be the size for Switch game boxes? the cartidges are small like a Vita game and Nintendo doesn't like using much plastic.

Based on that shape I'd be surprised if they didn't use the existing case for 3DS games. At that scale, making multiple different sized boxes adds a tiny amount of cost on.

I'd like small as fuck boxes like Japanese GameBoy boxes or Wonder Swan.

I worked at Best Buy in college when the PSP came out. Fuck those game cases - we didn't have jewel cases the right size to put them in, so people could just pop them open and steal them constantly.

you mean for second hand games? just shrink wrap them

psst

guess what

squids

god i wish i was phi

Why though?

>tfw those expressions were never used because lol cinemtic game and she wasn't even in the game

Here's a spoiler, they're not in a distant land but stuck on a whole different planet.

quark is zero

Is Pirate Pop Plus worth it for 3 bucks?

What the h*ck is that?

Are you serious? Of course it is!

I'm a bit confused about the ending of Xenoblade Chronicles.
If Lin sacrifices herself to jumpstart the planetary core, wouldn't that mean that her Skell which was powering NLA should shut down considering the Skells are only operational when tethered to a human soul?
Does that mean that she put her soul into her Skell before the final assault on Elma's warship?
Elma's betrayal was an interesting plot point but after that the story is just full of questions.

"""retro""" indie game for the n3ds

Use spoiler tags retard

le unmarked spoilers meme XD

>pirate
fuck off

Oh shit, I'm sorry.
I just figured that considering everyone was posting about the ending and the Nopon genocide, everyone already knew.

No one has been posting about anything ?_?, and also you said the wrong game at the beginning, delete your posts.

lol more unmarked spoilers XD

Fuck you.
Just for that:
>Doug is killed by Elma when he discovers she led the aliens to the White Whale.
>Elma is trying to destroy humanity because she's part of a race of mutants who consider themselves the next step in human evolution.
>Vandham gets paralysed and swears to stop her, despite being in a wheelchair.
>You get to play as Wolverine.

i guess im never playing xcx now

>mfw this sounds so much better than the actual game

All these fake spoilers and angry responses.
I can't tell who is memeing who anymore.

Can lego games be considered beat-em-up/brawler, Mario-64-esque collect-a-thon, upgrade-based platformers? Most of the gameplay --apart from simply clearing levels and beating up enemies-- is just,

"Okay, I need a character/vehicle with this ability to get to this area, but another specific character with a different ability to solve the puzzle therein, so I can get an item that either unlocks another character with new powers or allows me to give a vehicle new abilities," and so on.

trolled :^)