/nosg/ - Nostalrius General

Meta reddit edition

>What is this?
This is the Nostalrius general. A private server for vanilla world of warcraft. We're currently waiting on the new nost server release:

NEW NOST WILL RELEASE THE 7TH OF JANUARY!

Alliance:
add one of these to get an invite to alliance guild discord.

Erlik#4842
qlurf#6806
Infamy#5906
Madti#7067

Horde:
discord.gg/qJHXHvz

>Server homepage
elysium-project.org/
>Vanilla WoW database
db.vanillagaming.org
>Leveling Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1-Z2vplxWZACKmCpw1B8vexKQ2vwjRqFRjcJhHjAxxJg/edit
>Nos Pre-Bis
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j81TgG0p_HrYKajiUiQfYIoSUx1culzy2u_Fc4wtiS8/edit#gid=329725463
>Leveling Specs
imgur.com/a/aNm8V#0
>Big Addon Pack
wow-one.com/forum/topic/3573-vanilla-112-addons-download/
>warriors
>not top DPS

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12005737
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdn2ecYLl-gZoETLyLPbB381z74H0lOFzmZ0aqV8_7IdGxceg/viewform
youtube.com/watch?v=024V43kLLGE
strawpoll.de/rccf3d8
reddit.com/r/wowservers/comments/5lfpmh/burningcrusade_address_faction_balance/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I've levelled 1-60 as Horde and 1-60 as Ally.

Without a slight doubt, Ally are by far the worst when it comes to ganking. Consistently ally gank in favours only in their hand, whether it be a 2v1, a 3v1, or simply a much higher level advantage. Consistentely as Horde I will recognise Ally go out of their way to kill someone at a lower level or when grouped up with others. Very very rarely did I come across a fair fight firstly initiated by an alliance character.

Horde on the other hand, while the same did occur, it wasn't as often and nor did it occur as much. Truly speaking, 1v1 and fair condition fights occurred more levelling as an ally then did as Horde.
I levelled in the same areas for the most part as well.

tl;dr, Ally are sad gankers who only kill when in favourable conditions with no threat of death.

Just roll an undead lock like you want to and bully them until they roll Horde

Anyone else but me staying old? Still hyped for fresh because then I can level easier.

Hey guys I hvae a question

when I play priest and spec into healing for level 60 dungeons, should I be expected to pass on equipment that drops from bosses that would benefit my shadow (pvp) form or should I go ahead and roll on them?

subtle OP shitpost by triggered Horde again

Erlik#4852
qlurf#6906
Infamy#5916
Madti#7077

ACTUAL DISCORDS

IMPORTANT FRESH HORDE GUILD INFORMATION

>NEW POLL:
strawpoll.me/12005737
Next poll will be final and be run through discord or google doc to prevent manipulation by shitposters. Still taking suggestions in case anything jumps out at me.

>Informal roster signup:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdn2ecYLl-gZoETLyLPbB381z74H0lOFzmZ0aqV8_7IdGxceg/viewform
This is just to gauge interest, its worthless trying to put together a roster before you see who actually hits 60

Raid Times/Loot System to be determined later, but im not running a LC for a 40 man vg raid.

discord soon until then use info in op for shitposting

ask before rolling
if nobody cares then go ahead and need

Allies are faggots. It's always been like that.

so when fresh comes out what faction is the majority of Veeky Forums rolling?

Question related to this. When I played vanilla it was considered etiquette to greed on stuff if you'd already gotten a drop. Is that still a thing?

youtube.com/watch?v=024V43kLLGE

Btw stealth detection is still bugged like it was on old nost. Don't play rogue or druid.

Fuck off with your discord circlejerk faggotry you nigger

>>more active scene of players, while old Nost is mostly raid loggers
that's not actually the case btw
fresh will only have MC so it will be raidlog heaven whereas old has enough content to be raiding all week. if anything fresh will be where the raidlogging is happening. couple this with shitty PvP sets and no one is doing PvP, more raidloggers, no one PvPing. no AV. it's not good at all.

need if you need, if it's an offspec item then ask before rolling need (if anyone objects, greed it)

I'll make a moonkin druid!

>managed to narrow my choices down to Dwarf priest or paladin

You're either delusional or fucking retarded, maybe both. Only retailcucks/raid loggers will be playing on the old server

>le ebil gankers xD
go play in the PVE server kid or better yet buy legion and fuck off to retail

which race has the cutest feminine benis? :3

TRIGGER ALERT

There he is. There he goes again. Look, everyone! He posted it once again! Isn't he just the funniest guy around?! Oh my God.

I can almost see your pathetic overweight frame glowing in the dark, lit by your computer screen which is the only source of light in your room, giggling like a like girl as you once again type your little shitpost and fill in the captcha. Or maybe you don't even fill in the captcha. Maybe you're such a disgusting NEET that you actually paid for a Veeky Forums pass, so you just type the comment. Oh, and we all know the meme. The "epic" 'hello rebbit', isn't it? I imagine you little shit laughing so hard as you type it that you drop your Doritos on the floor, but it's ok, your mother will clean it up in the morning. Oh, that's right. Did I fail to mention? You live with your mother. You are a fat fucking fuckup, she's probably so sick of you already. So sick of having to do everything for you all goddamn day, every day, for a grown man who spends all his time on Veeky Forums posting images of his video game character saying "hello rebbit". Just imagine this. She had you, and then she thought you were gonna be a scientist or an astronaut or something grand, and then you became a NEET. A pathetic shit posting NEET. She probably cries herself to sleep everyday thinking about how bad it is and how she wishes she could just disappear. She can't even try to talk with you because all you say is "hello rebbit". You've become a parody of your own self. And that's all you are. A sad little man laughing in the dark by himself as he prepares to indulge in the same old dance that he's done a million times now. And that's all you'll ever be.

Someone link me a level guide for vanilla.

I'll be leveling casually on Fresh, but mostly still playing old
I'm not interested in rushing to level 60 on fresh because it won't even have BWL or ZG until fucking August.

What's the best speedhack to use right now?

>first the xp shit now this

i wonder what other crap is fucked

yes, are you stupid? Of course you don't roll on caster dps items when you're a healer.
I am a 60 priest on nost and i know, you want damage items. We all do. You can get around this by making a group yourself and try to only invite Melee dps/Hunters. Or when a caster ask to join, inspect them, or look up their profile and check their gear so you can see if you'll be able to take loot they dont need.

Note I never play shadow pvp. I wear heavy damage gear and hit people with fat Smite and Holy Fire crits.

>some one
H-heh
>link me
Ahahah
>a leve guide
Hahahahhahaha
>for vanilla
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

that's not an argument

download vanillaguide

anyone?

>join guild
>equip tabard
>pink with a heart

Fresh or Existing Server poll only vote once guys

strawpoll.de/rccf3d8

>i'm a Man i don't like pink

Thats the universal tabard of shitter guilds

All of those names are crap, no one's gonna want to join a shitty guild with a meme name

>wearing tabards
I bet you show your cloak too

As long as it's worn by you any tabard belongs to a shitter guild

I like Durotar State Chargers.

Alliance guild should name themselves Elwynn State Knights

but it's cute

kind of

>not showing cloaks
I knew this general had shit opinions but now its confirmed

QT femdead!

>other

"Token couldn't be generated now. Please try again later"

What does it mean?

Shouldve added East India Company like the past thread said

>vanillaguide
Thanks this was just what I was looking for.

Ituh you piece of shit

>tfw you will never know the joy that is Pet Battle
>tfw you probably have no face because it wasn't patched yet

Is Ituh really /our guy/?

>"""people""" who use questing guides
Nahahaha!

pet battle is stupid and ruined the fun of non combat pets

>they hit 60 at 6 days played and me 12 days played wtf ur not experiencing altitis properly like I am

>I'm here for the job interview

>I made high quality youtube videos for 5 years

really? I rate your reply 3/10
if you want to troll say something believable

>people who avatarfag
Lol

Haven't played nost yet at all, which server/faction do I go? Should I just wait for fresh?

>interviewer is a grill and they fuck

>I used my hobby to generate an income while the other 20000 people who shared my hobby did not

>interviewer is a woman and she's very arrogant and acts overly nice and demeaning, clearly doesn't give a single fuck about you and is using you as a bottom line

So what skills and abilities would you say you used while making money from this hobby?

>sir it says here you made youtube videos on a chinese gold selling simulator is that correct?

improved kick

really makes me think

reddit.com/r/wowservers/comments/5lfpmh/burningcrusade_address_faction_balance/
>let's make it a tbc funserver instead of adding a faction specific queue!

/r/wowservers is so full of alliance it's not even funny, they can't stand that alliance is worse in tbc so much that they want a blizzlike server to customise and fuck around with abilities

>horde guild is called British East India Company
>alliance guild is called Dutch East India Company

perfect

None, which I'd say is the genius of it. It required minimal effort.
If I had to compare it to a real life situation, it would be people sitting on their couch, watching me sit on my coach watching TV while they saw the same program as me.

They found it interesting because they live very depressing lives. Basically I exploited human nature, which is a good thing in this evil corporation that I am now applying for a job in.

Hey, that's me!

I'm also wondering this. Fresh or existing guys?

Fresh is Saturday. May as well wait if you're not committed.

Horde fresh

fresh

Both

PVE

Fresh is a meme. An unknown perscentage will join, make it to like lvl 40-50 and then play in old again old.

>t. pussy

>gutted wotf is even remotely comparable to emfh
you can't make this shit up

Nice me.me

I'm going to fuck your Orc women and there is nothing you can do to stop me.

mad coz you never had any?

>tfw rolling Prot Warrior just to be a massive cunt

Love doing things like saying that a person I don't like can't come or I'm not tanking.

holy shit ugly

I've had plenty, and I still wonder if it was even worth my time.

add just a little bit of hair and you have a perfect Ion Hazzikostas there

stick with overplayed 40 shaman or make a hunter?

>overplayed

you right cats are a waste of time

Let's all have fun the World of Warcraft today!

Yes theres an insane amount of shamans, all of which dont want other shamans in their groups.

How feasible is it for Ally to do dungeons like SFK and SM while leveling?

I´m rolling Undead Rogue and kill every Veeky Forums-guildmember I see

>tfw not in a Veeky Forums guild
k

>tfw no other gay orcs or taurens to fuck
I want my stinky green nuts licked

how are you going to climb our legs to do it

What addons do you all recommend?

Troll rogues are so cool. That squat they do makes them look stealthy af

Nobody wants hunters

A lot of people do them, not as much as horde though.

Likewise you can get the occasional pirate cave group going on horde side

in a server with ~10k people every class is overplayed. sorry you can't be a snowflake