Dueling Network General - /dng/

Yu-Gi-Oh! General #2405

Dante the Fuccboi Edition

Last Thread: ● YGOPro is an automated simulator.
YGOPro (Windows): mediafire.com/file/baj95caex5si0n3/ygopro-1.033.A-Percy.exe
YGOPro (Mac): Shit outta luck
High Quality YGOPro Images: ygopro.co/Forum/tabid/95/g/posts/t/23339/The-Ultimate-HQ-Card-Project

Useful Links:
Current Official Rulebook, last updated 6/27/15:
yugioh-card.com/en/rulebook/EN_SDSE_Rulebook.pdf
Wiki with a wealth of information for the players:
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
Yu-Gi-Oh! stock market:
yugiohprices.com/
OCG decklists:
blog.livedoor.jp/yugioh_tpr/
ocg.xpg.jp/v/deck/event.html
TCG decklists:
yugiohtopdecks.com/decklists
TCG/OCG news sites:
ygorganization.com/
blog.livedoor.jp/maxut/
Hypergeometric Probability Calculator:
yugioh.party/
Official /dng/ ruling test:
testmoz.com/466984

Upcoming Sets:
●OCG: Maximum Crisis (January 14th)
●OCG: Tyranno's Rage (February 25th)
●OCG: Code of Duelist (April 15th)

●TCG: Pendulum Domination (January 20th)
●TCG: Raging Tempest (February 10th)

Before asking to be spoonfed, try the following:
● READ THE OP
● Read carefully the cards
● Lurk and read the archives
● Google your deck before you post it here. If your deck is/was competitive it will probably have topped an event, see the provided links above
● Most games have single rounds or a best of three match; matches are encouraged as they teach you to make use of your side deck for tournament play

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11999326
strawpoll.me/11999370
strawpoll.me/11999381
strawpoll.me/11999405
strawpoll.me/12000451
strawpoll.me/12000464
m.youtube.com/watch?v=xRjCcFdrUhw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for deck r8. Anything I can do better?

I'm pretty sure the number of "Unaffected by other card effects" monsters exponentially increased in this last year alone (counting shit like Independant Nightingale which will come out this year, but was first revealed in 2016).
That's probably a good thing? Boss monsters get to be boss monsters.

As long as you have Mask of Restrict up, I mean.

Anyone got a True Kangz build to share?

Xth for waiting on the rest of Maximum Crisis and Raging Tempest's TCG check list

2016 CURRENT POLL RESULTS.

>best card of 2016
strawpoll.me/11999326
Zoodiac Marmorat is in the lead for this one, with Dimensional Barrier and Crystal Wing being tied for second place.

>worst card of 2016
strawpoll.me/11999370
Neo Blue-eyes Ultimate Dragon is in the lead for this one, with Silent Paladin being the runner up.

>best deck of 2016
strawpoll.me/11999381
Zoodiacs are in the lead for this one, with Metalfoes being the runner up.

>worst deck of 2016
strawpoll.me/11999405
Digital Bugs are in the lead for this one by almost a landslide, Amorphages are the runner up.

>NEO best cardfu of 2016
strawpoll.me/12000451
Lunalight Leo Dancer is in the lead for this this one, with both Silent Magician and Darklord Ixchel being the runner ups.

>NEO best side deck card of 2016
strawpoll.me/12000464
Both Kaijus and Ghost Reaper & Winter Cherries are in the leads for this one, everything else was all tied with each receiving one vote each except for System Down which has not a single vote so far.

Feel free to vote now if you hadn't already, tomorrow is the final judgement.

>Neo Blue-eyes Ultimate Dragon is in the lead for this one, with Silent Paladin being the runner up.
I don't get this one.
Silent Paladin is miles worse than NBEUD.
The latter at least CAN OTK.
I don't get what the fuck is Silent Paladin even meant to do.
DO YOU REMEMBER THE DUMB BITCH IS NEITHER WARRIOR NOR SPELLCASTER?

Xth for chemicritter rank 2 when

Happy new year yadda yadda yadda. I'm living the worst Xmas/New year of my life but I hope yours is better.

Do you really need three of them when the diagram can search it out?

That's because Paladin was a V-JUMP promo and nobody had any expectations for her.
NBEUD was hyped up by even Konami themselves and left everybody shaking their head and how they can design such a shitty boss monster in 2016.

Could pic related be used for anything decent if it hasn't already? Destiny Board is a shit tier win condition but there seems to honestly be more to the Field Spell than that.

>general called /dng/
>no dueling network
>not /ygoprog/

Not really but diagram is another way to pop my magicians. I could maybe cut him to two, any tips other than that?

"Digital Bug Random Access Memory"
Continuous Spell:
(1) If this card on the field is destroyed; draw two cards.
(2) During your opponent's turn: If a Digital Bug monster you control leaves the field you can reveal 3 level 3 LIGHT attribute Insect type monsters from your deck. Your opponent randomly chooses one, and special summons it to your side of the field. If the monster which left the field was a LIGHT attribute Insect type XYZ monster you opponent randomly chooses 2 of the 3 to special summon to your side of the field.

"Digital Bug Hamming Codes"
Continuous Spell
You can only activate effect (1) once per turn.
(1) All Digital Bug monsters gain 200 attack.
(2) Change the battle position of a Digital Bug monster you control.
(3) If this card is destroyed you can shuffle up to three cards from your graveyard or that are banished into your deck.

"BASH Shell"
Normal Spell:
Activate these effects in order.
(1) Add one level 3 LIGHT attribute Insect type monster or Digital Bug card from your deck or graveyard to your hand.
(2) Add one "Bug Emergency" or "Bug Matrix" from your deck or graveyard to your hand.

"Stuxnest"
Counter Trap:
If you control a LIGHT attribute Insect type monster: negate the activation of a spell/trap/monster effect, or summon of a monster(s), and then destroy all copies of that card in your opponent's deck.

tag duel?

Post yfw you realize you're fucked.

>yfw you're the one doing the fucking

Hi guys ! Secret Tech Dude unveils to you all the secret techs.

Here is the Secret Tech of the day !
Enjoy!

Secret Tech Dude loves you and wants your deck to be original and smart.
Secret Tech Dude Will always be here for you.

Remember to love your cards. Every card is useful and there is no such thing as "Trash Cards"

Cards are your friends;
And Secret Tech Dude is your friend as well.

You still don't get this one because only 18 people voted Neo Blue-eyes Ultimate dragon as the worst card of 2016 out of the 42 people who even bothered to vote for a card at all. You think those 18 people are representative of people who actually play the game or just visit this board to talk about how they won another game on pro by spamming the meta borderline broken deck.

If you think your going to find reasonable discussion here about cards you are in for disappointment because [insert card/deck] is the best and only shit tier players play anything else.

Man, I remember this from late e-drag/HAT format. This and Skull Meister were pretty good protection.

Interplanetarypurplythorny Rank 5 deck when?

>hehehe if they Strike my Bahrastos it will still float
>oh no!

>You think those 18 people are representative of people who actually play the game or just visit this board to talk about how they won another game on pro by spamming the meta borderline broken deck.
>If you think your going to find reasonable discussion here about cards you are in for disappointment because [insert card/deck] is the best and only shit tier players play anything else.
>All this salt for a shit card
It doesn't matter who wins worse card, they're both shit.

Post cards with great art.

There is one piece of legacy support between Digital Bug LED Bug (29) and Ariel, Priestess of the Nekroz (31). What card do you think it is?

a lot of the ice barriers

A new Destruction Sword non-tuner

I agree with you. Neo Blue-Eyes is a shoo-in for the most DISAPPOINTING card of 2016, but it still can't compare to just how utterly SHIT Silent Paladin was.

>fetches the LV3/4 that nobody plays on NORMAL SUMMON
>500 ATK
>shit protection against TARGETING spells in 2017 that's a one-time use for no reason
>fetches a LV monster on destruction in the Graveyard
>Fairy-Type
>does LITERALLY nothing for the retrained Silent cards

The fucking card is Digital Bugs/Guardians levels of shit design.

Command Knight was my waifu in Duelists of the Roses so consequently this card is also my waifu.

>a -3 to summon and dies to anything vs a very shitty stratos which was meant to pass as LV "support".
Which is the worse card again?

meant for I have no idea what the hell went wrong with the quoting.

There is any synchro meta deck?

>does nothing to really help out with Destiny Board other than let you use up more backrow
>doesn't protect Destiny Board at all
>it doesn't Set Destiny Board on the field when activated
>you still lose the moment your opponent gets literally any form of S/T removal

What a fucking waste of a card.

I don't see how silent paladin could be considered worst when it at least searches on summon so you have discard fodder.

That's at least better than the new shadoll trap.

yeah letting you run backrow in a deck that previously couldn't use any without self-destructing is pretty bad

I guess blue eyes sort of counts.

The deck is also a sign of what the synchro mechanic should be aiming to be.

Not endless librarian combos or cock blocking the player using the deck, Just using syncs as a way to upgrade your cards.

>Meta synchro deck
>Blue-eyes is meta
You guys have some great jokes

>card that can be brought out with Dragon's Mirror and OTK by itself vs. the card that does nothing for the good Silent cards and is completely outclassed by Foolish Burial with Belongings

Neo BEUD is poor card design, but Silent Paladin still managed to trump it in being just that fucking awful. /dng/ made an uproar about it because Konami themselves hyped it up along with Blue-Eyes being meta at the time. Paladin had a lesser impact because >pet deck and being a V-JUMP promo it was already expected to be shit.

How do you counter a t1 Blue Eyes Chaos MAX?

>2017
>Dragon's Mirror
And this is why you people never top anything.
By playing a good deck.

Exodia.

shield and sword

What Konami should do is to print an archetype dedicated to delta accels. Like a real one, not TGs. Have Quasar be as easy to summon in there are toadally awesome is in heroes.

desu dragons mirror in 2017 is nothing compared to the sheer badness of silent swordsman 3 or silent magician 4 in 2017

>I'll just open Destiny Board, Dark Sanctuary and Imperial Custom every time because all 3 are searchable and won't open any Spirit Messages. Surely my opponent won't Castel/Diamond Dire/Twin Twister/MST/Cyclone/Galaxy/negate any of my cards in those 3-5 turns or just OTK in that time!

It must be nice being that delusional.

Pic related

>Dragons Mirror
lmaonade

Defend this.

What cards do you expect no rational human to run in modern day but every now and then the Chris at your locals or user online does and it FUCKS you up?

Bujins
Dragunity Knights
Crystrons
Empowered, especially the Dragos
Rhongo

>Has to attack
>Has to dump a BE fusion card to attack again in the same turn
>Has to be in the grave to negate a targeting effect
Shit all around

Torrential Tribute.

BE is already a good enough archetype on its own, one shit card isn't going to sink it

>it's BEUD, but with effects
>it can OTK by itself
>Dragon's Meme

It's a strange feel to have played this game long enough to see this card limited on arrival, then banned, unbanned and unlimited, and outright powercreeped. Same for Raigeki, Dark Hole and Monster Reborn.

My nigger

Rank 5...

What's wrong with rank 5?

>a rank 5 you make with level 4s

Still cool as fuck.

I miss the pop and stack combo

All the Familiar-Possessed cards, Monarchs look cool as hell too

Nice taste.

what has Monster Reborn been powercreeped by??

>BE is already a good enough archetype on its own, one shit card isn't going to sink it
Then where are the tops for it in the recent tourneys?

Pendulums and Xyz for starters; along with several decks having searchable or in-house recursion. The number of winning builds that even bother with Reborn are in the single digits, even less for Skill Charge.

You are either retarded or have no understanding of reading.

How do coin tosses work IRL? Online you have a computer doing that shit for you perfectly but in reality who decides to flip the coin? What if they suck at it or rig it?

>says a deck that doesn't top is good enough
>calls me retarded or having no understanding of reading.
I think you need to be tested.
Any good doctor will do.

Check coin. Player flip coin. Make sure coin lands on the table. Shit isn't complicated user.

It's not really an issues, as no one is gonna bother taking a coin flip deck to any major events. Worst case scenario you could just have a judge/ store staff do the coin flip for you if you run into it at an especially scrubby locals.

roll a die instead

This happens every time. Nobody said a deck is great or top tier or meta or even 'very good'. But without fail there will be be that one retard
>Hey this deck is pretty decen-
>THEN WHERE ARE ITS TOPS SHUT UP IT'S SHIT THE TOPS DON'T LIE

It is complicated though.

When I flip a coin it usually flies off the fucking table and if I try to catch it I will probably slap it out of the damn air, invalidating the result.

It's a serious issue.

Do you also have trouble bringing your utensils to your mouth without spilling when you eat?

That's because RESULTS NIGGER
RESULTS ARE THE ONLY THING WHICH MATTER.

do you still wet the bed too?

Results literally don't matter.

Not when we're talking about Blue-Eyes which is a fucking petdeck.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=xRjCcFdrUhw
Baboon Burn vs Hieratic Gishki.

Not really if you're not autistic. If the coin keeps flying off the table, stop putting so much force behind the flip and/or use a larger coin like a quarter or dollar coin.

If the coin lands on the floor, however it lands is still official.

But petdecks are never good.
They're just decks shitters play because they're not skilled enough to handle meta decks.

Nobody ever said otherwise you complex. 'Good enough' is not the same as 'Good'.
Furthermore
>Implying a toddler couldn't understand how ABC's/Zodiacs/Metalfoes work

is this a joke or are you just not aware what the meta decks are like
protip: it's a six letter word beginning with "helmet"

>meta decks
>requiring skill
Not like petdecks take skill either, but still.

You're a fucking autist don't put Metalfoes along those same lines it's the hardest meta Deck YGO has seen

Considering the only two kinds of decks are metadecks and petdecks, there are no skillful decks

It's actually a ten letter word: consistent.

Hahahaha

Yes actually

That is correct.

Your mom is correct

Why people don't use this card anymore? or Magical Hats to send spells to the graveyard?

Dead people can't be that kind of correct.

Just because you're correct thatdoesn't mean you are right.

Thank you for the Philosophy 101 lesson.