Opinions on road yachts in general?

Opinions on road yachts in general?

land barges are awful in general imo

They're big
They aren't fast
They handle like boats
They're American as fuck and if you don't like them you can get the fuck out of my country you fucking pinko dirtbag braise Jebus :-DDD

Meh, I disagree. They have their purpose, which is to be a comfy as fuck ride that can do interstate and highway speeds without putting stress on the engine. They aren't performance machines (although some are better performance wise than others, none of them are really great or even good by most metrics).

They are pricey, their acceleration isn't for shit, and they are super god damned long making people terrible at handling them in cramped parking and driving conditions.

That said, if you know how to handle one, most road boats are surprisingly responsive with a capable driver, they are super reliable, and easy and cheap to maintain (well Town Cars are, I know that from working on my old man's growing up.)

>They're American as fuck

This. They fucking scream America.

The only people who don't like 'em are just jealous that they aren't American.

Get behind the wheel of a land boat and you will start humming the Star Spangled Banner, a blonde-haired, blue-eyed qt will materialize in the seat next to you wearing an Old Glory style swimsuit and start sucking your dick while you take 20 seconds to reach 60 miles per hour running over the Dreamer applicants the whole way as giant bald eagles flip import shit sedans out of the road to make way for your greatness.

less "comfy" than Euro or Jap luxo cars and 10x worse to drive
handle like boats and rolls like pigs
most cars made in the past 30 years can do 70 without effort

theyre cars for geriatrics

>handle like boats

Do you not enjoy boats?

not really not when its on land

everything that "screams America" is shit for the most part

Japs and Euros are only comfy if you are a manlet, which makes sense because Japs and Euros tend to be manlets.

When my 6'6 ass gets into most modern cars, I am hunched over if I want to drive with the back up right, or I have to lean back like a fucking gangster and drive at a bullshit angle with bad visibility.

I get behind the wheel of one these things and I got room for day, I sit in the back seat and I got room for weeks even with the driver all the way back and in a full recline.

I've lived in apartments smaller than these fucking things and god bless 'em for being around.

Shit heads liking Japs and Euros can have their rides and I won't hate 'em for it, but making that kind of style the norm on American cars is Super Bullshit 64 and it is beyond fucked I have to reach back ten plus years to get a car that I can drive because manlets are the norm when designing vehicle space.

I heard it isn't easy being green.

Any truth to that?

oh well

the world shouldnt bend over for your

American "luxury" is awful and its good they eventually went to a more traditional style

blame your shit genes not the world around you

wat

>Tall
>Shit genes

Manlets truly are becoming the norm.

>all them increased health problems
>inherent insecurity and bitch behavior

yeah Id say they are shit genes

The biggest car I have driven was a Fiesta ST

I can't stand driving big ass vehicles they're too intimidating.

They're awesome. I used to have a 93 Roadmaster--lots of interior room, lots of interior height, lots of trunk space, a conveniently roomy engine bay, plenty of sound-deadening, a smooth ride, seats like couches, and acres of glass notorious for blocking iPass signals. Mine had an LSD, which made for sick donuts and ridiculously easy driving through snow. I still miss it.

Land yachts are the anti-Miata (not that I begrudge anyone who has fun driving go-karts). Yuuros reflexively hate anything they can't have, which has historically included roomy interiors, large engines, and an unstrained shit through an undamaged sphincter, so they also struggle with understanding why one might prefer to drive (or ride!) in something spacious and comfortable.

And letting someone that can't drive attempt to park (or, more properly, moor) your land yacht will never cease to amuse. Too many people are proud of being able to parallel-park a thimble-sized "city car" rickshaw, but can't figure out how to dock something with a hood in an empty parking lot.

How stupid would it be to buy a 80s land barge as daily driver. I only drive 8-10k miles a year

can be hard to park in the lines in newer lots, and then opening a 4 foot long door is another problem

not very desu
I've been wanting one myself actually.
Pic related, basically a comfier version of my current dd

Kind of since they rarely exceed 10k$ but if you like the style thats another story.

I'd worry about rust, and anything too pokey can be frustrating to merge onto a highway with. Otherwise, they're roomy, and generally easy to wrench on.

Soon to be owner of a 76 town car here. Buying it tomorrow morning

Awwshit nigga bump with pics tomorrow

I will. You can find rough pics of it in the current classic car general, but I'll take some good ones tomorrow

I like mine.

Aero tbird?

That's a beautiful Mark VII btw

>everything that "screams America" is shit for the most part
In your wrong opinion

t. smallfry

I daily drive a 1976 Charger. 120 miles a day. It's in worse condition than the one in the pic. People are scared of me.

>People are scared of me.
Shit, I'd take you out for a beer and talk about shitboxes all day.

nope

American things are generally awful

lol do you come to every barge thread to shitpost about how much you hate america

America is fine everything it produces is shit

op asked for opinions

Hell yeah man. It's a shame the general populace doesn't appreciate dilapidated land yachts.

your opinion is wrong

not really

Just uncle buck me up senpai

My friend had one of these. These things are literally fucking living rooms. Huge and comfy. My only concern is that these cars take up the whole car lane.

American craft is usually shit, that's why your market is flooded with euro and jap cars and not the opposite.

Kek, 5'7

Bloody brilliant

Not him, 6'1", he's right. Too short or too tall and you're way more at risk of health problems.

I get down.

I love my 84 Buick.

Going to be buying a 403 and building it up for a future swap this summer, but it's 307 aint no bitch.

Fun in the winter. When your car is a boat, you can surf the snow tide.

I saw a Continental this morning. it has just a lot of presence. it's cool as fuck but I wouldn't drive one. well actually I would, but not as a daily.

It is though. I had a 82 Olds Ninety-Eight and the 307 was a fuckin dog. On the other hand my buddies 302 Lincoln town car was even slower

what's your job? why is it so far away?

Yes but 6'1 or 6'2 is nowhere near too tall, the average in my country is 5'11-6'1

I'd even say 6'5 isn't very unhealthy, I know a lot of tall people that got very old and never really had issues

1976 Lincoln continental Town car

Behold my new car. Maximum comfy

i like the ones with air suspension like the mark 8

I don't like them at all. They're absolutely HORRID turning at any speed whatsoever, even at 10 mph. The body lean is terrible. The suspension displays post-oscillation, meaning that after a bump the thing will keep swinging up and down several times. This'll actually make some passengers sea-sick. IN A CAR.
And finally the seats are puffy overstuffed velour garbage that provides utterly inedaquate support for driving and which you'll otherwise only find in old peoples' living rooms. A perfect example why overly mushy and soft doesn't equal comfortable.

Anything much above 6'5 is also very rare in most of the world.

Yeah, maybe it's because they're complete shitbuckets and aren't even worth the material they continue withholding from the recycling process.

hnng

Mercedes knew how to do it

how did they get it so wrong in the newer ones

>implying boats handle bad

I don't see F1 cars pulling 7 G's

And I don't usually see people retarded enough to compare racing boats to lazy, wallowing road barges, but here you are.

I hope you realize a 6000lb road barge is still faster than a 40hp Reliant Robin or twingo around a track... Yeah they got body roll but they'll still get you around a corner more than fast enough. Sorry they're too big for your fucking 1000 year old horse roads.

Gotta just love the how threads like these that get the Yuros all worked up and spilling vitriol everywhere.

Im American

its mostly because barge and musclefags are the cringest lot on the board and they simply say the most retarded things everytime someone violates their safespace

>m-muh Europe

Counties with very bad nutriton and a lot of sicknss tend to be shorter

I'm 6'6" as well and drive a Fiesta. I have zero hunch, lrn2adjustseat properly

they are comfy; I like mine

Who doesn't?

I had a 85 grand marquis with a red suede interior growing up. Shit was pretty cash.

I used to own a black Crown Vic with tinted windows and have fond memories of everyone staying the fuck out of the left hand lane when I was driving it.

When I'm old it's my dream to have a 1959 Cadillac Eldorado.

and then there's people like this

Don't worry, nobody likes whackers.

I have an '03 Grand Marquis in that baby blue color they had. It's such a great car.

I call it Freddy.

Gonna be buying an 89 Caprice exactly like pic related as soon as my next paycheck comes in. Gonna be restoring it into a 9c1 police car. Cant wait.

Also, couch on wheels.

what's a "whacker"

People who drive retired police cars so other people will think they're cops. (Not necessarily impersonating, but one step below it).

Also, people who deck out such cars with all sorts of blinky lights to further the image. Usually amber and white so they don't get in trouble and say "Oh, I do roadside assistance".

Also applies to volunteer firefighters who add way too many lights and sirens, or joined just so they could

lol my friend does this all day long

he claims to be an LEO all the time, talks about his time on the force, which was an un armed security company that patrolled apartment complex parking lots.

he had a light bar on his SUV, but just got rid of it for internal lights, which are all soft wired into his cigarette multi-accessorie plug.

so it's basically ripped up interior with shitty wires hanging all over the place and fast food trash all over, not to mention he has a kid, so a bunch of pink blankets and sippy cups and shit too in the back seat area.

not to mention his glory days that never happened of him being in the army, and that one episode of Jerry Springer he was on that he can never show me, but has his cheating whore wife in on to back him up that it actually happened, and they never used their real names, but he can't tell me what names they used, or at all give me any proof he's been on the show, despite myself having seen every episode ever.

thanks mang

If I can handle a full size Chrysler mini man will I be able to handle a panther? Are all panthers column-shift?

Except for sport editions, yes.

Panthers are awesome, and handle great for what they are.

can you post some real pics of your car?

You'll be fine. Until getting my Marquis all I'd ever driven were family minivans, primarily Chryslers (you can see the last Caravan in the background). The Chrysler minivans already handle like big cars, you'll just have to get used to rear-wheel drive.

The other thing to get used to is the front overhang, how the wheels are a good distance in front of the driver position and then there's two foot of car in front of the wheel wells, instead of the much shorter front end on the minivans.

Shit, hit post too early.

All Police Interceptors are column-shift, all Marauders are floor-shift, and for the standard Crown Vic, Grand Marquis, and Town Car, it depends on a per-car basis- if it has normal seats, then it'll have the floor shifter with the center console, but if it has bench seats it has the column shift because there's no center console to make room for the 50/50 seats.

The column shift is even more satisfying than the one in the Caravans because of the delicious THUNK THUNK THUNK it makes as you row through gears. Everything on the car makes nice sounds, really. Loud, clacky seatbelts, the tick-tock of the turn signals, and the fucking excellent kerCHUNK when you close the doors.

What happened to doors that go kerCHUNK when you close them?

I'll try to take some pictures tomorrow.

Mine makes this horrible grinding noise in the back when shifting from R to D or vise versa

It's a feature.

>what is the maybach

c-can I play?

207.5" long

Love a good land barge, this was a >200k mile POS i got for $500 to hold me over between selling my car and finding a good example of the one I wanted, the only automagic car I've ever owned

What a comfy few weeks, surprisingly good car for what it is, the pentastar V6 is plenty powerful, smooth, and sips fuel. FUCKHUGE trunk and crazy spacious back seats

even Jeremy Clarkson reviewed the LHS back in the day and praised it as the beginning of quality American automibiles

post a pic retard

>mfw hearing that glorious first gear whine

If this was true, I'd buy a continental today

Hahaha holy shit this

>those fins

So cool. Why do automakers not use fins anymore? Safety?

>180 HP out of a 7 liter V8
>handles like a boat without rudder
>huge as fuck, tiny storage space
>breaks down if you look at it
what's not to love

>dat perfectly flat cornering
porsche btfo

Fucked my girlfriend doggy style in the back of my crown vic on Galveston beach, that's how much fucking room they have.

I love them, first few cars were land yachts, now I'm driving a mid-sized sedan and I long for a land yacht.

Try driving one. There's nothing else like driving one. If you like it, then it's for you. If not, don't get one. I love the maximum comfort of a luxury car from the '70s and think they're great; but, I won't get into purity spirals as to which is better.

I used to drive a town car. Sold after getting a parking ticket for having both mirrors in the parking spots adjacent to mine.

Style trends mostly.

What communist shithole state do you live in?

SD