Dealership badges

>thanks for buying this brand new top of the line car from our dealership
>we lined our pockets with an absurd markup, but we have a little gift for you
>we are gonna go ahead and stick our dealer badge on the trunk of your brand new car, without asking you
>more than likely we won't get it on straight but whatever
>if we are a lower end dealer this will be a sticker instead
>with this, you can advertise for us and receive absolutely no compensation for doing so
>your welcome
>oh and if you bring that thing in for warranty work we will fight you till the cows come home

Other urls found in this thread:

bumperplugs.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=1_11
ebay.com/itm/ABN-Decal-Eraser-Wheel-w-Arbor-Pinstripe-Disc-Rubber-/231546621866?hash=item35e9410faa:g:LukAAOSwGIRXaWYJ&item=231546621866&vxp=mtr
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

could be worse
>live in state with no front plate
>some dealerships drill the front bumper to put their stupid dealership license plate on
>also dealership rear license plate frame and dealership sticker on the trunk

while buying the car just tell the salesman you want it off, the detail guys will remove it for you

>>some dealerships drill the front bumper to put their stupid dealership license plate on

You do realize most dealerships will cave and straight up give you a new bumper if you yell about that

I always hate those badges but I'm fond of a certain chain of dealerships in my area has a nice black and white metal MW logo. So everyone knows you got Cayenne exclusively at the Porsche Dealership

Or they not put it on in the first place an expect every car they sell to be free advertising

What's worse for me is that I have a defunct dealership on my shitbox.

This shit should be illegal.

When you buy a new car, make them put it in writing on the order that you do not want any dealership branding on the car. Inspect the car BEFORE signing when it arrives. Do not accept it and sign until they've removed any branding that was put on.

Problem solved.

lol mini fag

I worked at a dealership for YEARS and I still don't understand this shit. We had license plate covers with the dealership name but that's it.

How to I fix this? I was thinking dremeling the raised drill marks then useing bondo?

...did you mutilate your rear bumper to install that exhaust system

bumperplugs.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=1_11

not a shill I swear. that shits neat, but cuck-tario requires front plates.

They don't do that much here in California. I'm not going to be anyone's free advertisement for 5 years. If I was looking at a new car and it had one I would say "get it off, make sure the paint doesn't have a scratch where it was or I walk away". And I would.

It's almost exclusively GM dealers that do this

I just caved in and made a brushed stainless steel backplate and used VHB. Obviously not going to work for you as well, but just throwing this out there if anyone cares.

Easy way to get the adhesive out without damaging the paint is to use a "Taffy disk" like this ebay.com/itm/ABN-Decal-Eraser-Wheel-w-Arbor-Pinstripe-Disc-Rubber-/231546621866?hash=item35e9410faa:g:LukAAOSwGIRXaWYJ&item=231546621866&vxp=mtr

Obviously, you can get those for cheaper but that's the first one I could find, they use those in commercial automotive manufacturing, I've personally used those both at work and on my own and my friends' car, 100% satisfaction each time guaranteed as long as you clean the surface well beforehand.

Those disks also smell heavenly

Nah man, VW and Kia dealerships are the worst about it.

>$30 for 1 cent worth of plastic you could buy at lowes

>tfw live in a front plate state
>buy an LS460 with front plate bracket and drill holes.
>something in the road cracks the bumper
>new bumper doesn't have holes
feelsgoodman.jpg

Im honestly olay with the whole dealership advert thing as long as its strictly a rear plate cover

I saw a guy drill extra holes so he could put his license plate on the side like those JDM guys he worships.

It looked fucking ugly because you could still clearly see the holes and marking left from the center-front license plate from a good distance away, we saw it from half way across the parking lot

Get some galvanized sheet metal, some of that metal weld putty stuff, and some body filler

>cut little squares of metal, slightly larger than the holes
>apply metal weld putty onto the square
>stick it to the back of the bumper, so that some putty leaks through the holes
>sand it down to the metal from the front side, but only sand around the hole
>put bondo over the hole and metal and sand it down when dry
>respray it

Or just bitch at the dealership faggot until he gives you a new bumper

>your dealership label doesn't add 200% value to the car

So they are literally just color matched Christmas tree clips? You can buy those yourself and color them with touch up paint

>>live in state with no front plate

that's damage enough, thanks

please stay in your irrelevant shithole and never step foot on developed land