XCOM general - /xcg/

Avenger edition

Operation Previous Thread:

News:
1) XCOM2 has released for consolefriends

2) Long War Studios has released the Long War Alien Pack, with one more mod to come:
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=577474474

3) Julian Gollop is still working on his new game Phoenix Point. It's a turn-based tactical game with strategy elements, destructible terrain, geoscape and character progression. Set for release in 2018.
>phoenixpoint.info/
>eurogamer.net/articles/2016-06-29-watch-we-ask-the-creator-of-xcom-about-his-next-game-phoenix-point

EXPANSION STATUS: UNKNOWN

The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4 (embed)

/xcg/ XCOM 2 Character Pool:
>docs.google.com/document/d/12XvY-C-RoQZUexxauBXcCsw1jElq-g8TaCNpLgG2atM/edit

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

XCOM2 modlist, updated as of this thread!
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

MEGA Mod Repository, now contains all of the mods in the modlist!
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

Modlist Steam Collection - Contains 99% of the mods in the modlist:
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=756115171

Assorted improvements (Skip intros, alleviate stuttering, multi monitor support, and resolutions past 1080p):
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=616682629

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN
Piratez mod for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

Music when slaying ayys:
youtube.com/watch?v=cRJ7eCiWY7M
youtube.com/watch?v=dtyvh-DeQYs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a85Xdmk_WIA
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=766511505)
steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=736191350
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=699011611
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=618036260
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=766512413.
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

pistols are useful

I don't know why the bump limit keeps sneaking up on me, I haven't noticed us passing it the past three or four threads.

How you fellows doing

>muffled Can't Hold Us from the headphones

Pretty good, squads pulling off flawless missions left and right.

nice currently have a good run myself

Still Sleepy...

>Ranged with a repeater insta-kills Archon King in my first encounter with it

Holy fuck, is there a better feeling?

Scientists have concluded through extensive investigation and testing that there is not.

Ranger*

i have yet to have such luck with repeaters

;_;

R8 my operator chick, no bully pls.

I kind of like

Very Metal Gear.

ey, does this general deal with classic xcom?

I'm playing openxcom with the final mod pack right now, and am curious about squad composition strategies

Yeah any xcom title and probably any "x-com like" game is good as well.

noice

>and am curious about squad composition strategies
What part of the game are you in? Early, mid, late? What's your tech and squad size?

And there burnt my monitor I've had for years. Ah well, that 27'' bastard had a good run, he even visted Dreamhack with me a couple of time.

Here's to gear come and gone!

Is this salvageable? Or should I just start a new game?

What difficulty? What month?

Classic, second month. Its my first time playing.

I feel it's time to retire my MX518, the mouse wheel doesn't work anymore.

Other than that it's still in prime condition, god knows how this little shit lasted like 10 years

Rush Satellites first and Laser Weapons second. You can go from there.

You can recover, though it won't be easy on classic. Make sure you are grabbing as many engineers as possible.

I've been eying xcox 2 for a good while and i have the money to grab it on the last day of the sale, but now the reviews are saying "don't it's buggy now"

is it LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE or is it scarce issues

those steam reviews are bullshit
it does have some issues but its far from unplayable

Reinstalled it yesterday and have been playing, no signs of issues beyond the usual customization lag with lots of mods(which is to be expected).

alright thanks lads

Well I'd be damned, there is a good armor in the ruler pack

Meh I still think pretty much every armor design in the game is pretty bad. I mean most of it looked pretty good in EU . The ADVENT designs look cool, but why does the second tier stuff and the helmets look so bad? Kevlar and is passable but I can't imagine playing now without mods.

Is it just me, or is the workshop seemingly pointless? I can buy new engineers for $190 each and then I don't have to pay a maintenance fee on them every month and they don't take up precious power like the workshop does. The workshop only gives you two more engineers, costs $125, three power, $35 every month, and however long to build. I don't think that's really worth it, do you?

Any good armor mods you recommend with high quality? Most of the stuff out there seems to be ports from other games and fairly low poly with low grainy texture resolutions.

Halo Customizable Armors is pretty good for tier 2 and above in terms of quality, alongside Stenchfury's and capn bubs stuff. I use Modern Warfare for my operator Tier 1 guys, not the best quality but I overlook that because it's the most tacticool looking body gear and looks great so long as not zoomed right in, the helmets are meh.

What do you guys think about Grimy's Loot Mod? Any good? Thinking about using it in a new year campaign.

Can you sell weapons and other loot you don't want or need at the black market? If not, it would suck to have an ever-expanding inventory to manage.

Halo mods are nice all around.

Is it actually possible to beat LW? Has anyone here best it?

I haven't , but Iv gotten pretty far
On normal and classic it's 100% possible, veteran and commander difficulty, no. It becomes statisticly impossible

Yes
Actually in some ways it's still more fair then Xcom 2

Using the alt-launcher, how does one access the dev console?

>Replaying X2 with mods
>June 30th
>Just Oneshot Archon King
These guys ended up way easier than I expected, but I can't imagine the kind of nightmare they would be on Ironman. I'm also about to get laser pulse weapons and Avatar is halfway done, game feels easy but I also feel behind somehow. Should I restart?

I want to have a legendary run, but it's just impossible to get started. Gatecrasher and the first few months are impossible for me on highest difficulty, but then it gets easy as shit every time

You need turn them on on the stream launch options same for the altlauncher

alt what?

Yes, actually fighting him and winning against all odds.

I added the launch parameters in steam. puush/t8lbS.png then I open the alt-launcher from the pastebin. When I press `/~ it does not seem to open up anything in the game.

Yes you can, and i think it's fun. You'll need lots of "suffering is fun" mods to counterbalance though.

Whatever happened to this guy? Did he died?

in my alt launcher i have -allowconsole -log -autodebug -noRedScreens -review

in steam i have actually have it blank try this see if it works if not tell me

He crashed his plane with no survivors

Other than Beags is there any other good youtubers/streamers to watch play XCOM 2?

I got the console to open, thanks

yeah man np

alternate mod launcher look it up its pretty handy for finding conflicts and organizing your mods

The issues are easily fixable by loading a previous save and the game saves every turn.

Besides, he issues hardly ever turn up, I only ever had it crash twice

He was nowhere to be found on Skyranger's crash site. He's probably fucking Vahlen somewhere

Vanilla is only hard at the start, so don't worry about it too much. As the other already have said, rush sats next time.

>that feel when you still haven't put on your armor and mission starts in 5

>tell my comrades to wake me up 30 minutes before ETA so I can put my armor on
>they wake me up 5 minutes before and put my hand in warm water so i piss myself
Why the fuck are officers such dicks to us rookies

I had the exact same model, truly a god amongst mice. I was sad when it stopped working.

He managed to save Dr. Vahlen and a some other XCOM personnel from capture by the ayys.

After crashlanding, he joined up with the local resistance cell where they gave him a functioning fighter jet.

How else can the resistance manage to ground a UFO for you to deploy to? It's big Sky looking out for you.

Is there any mod that lets me stay naked despite having higher tier armor for xcom 2?
youtube.com/watch?v=a85Xdmk_WIA

>You'll need lots of "suffering is fun" mods to counterbalance though.
Any suggestions for mods to balance the loot mod?

Meryl?

Is there a mod to make all weapon attachments actually desirable and available to SPARK weapons? 5% chance to instantly kill or get a free action is pretty useless when you could get a guaranteed aim or other bonus.

Your best unit falls into a snek nest

Would they survive?

If the best unit in the question is Bradford, yes

No, the sneks would not survive.

You can try something relatively minor, like grenade damage falloff.

Or go ham with ABA2, gorilla mission types and whatsnot.

Free action is mostly useless on sparks but repeaters are not. In particular, stock works with repeater so you can give up on hitting shit with your spark and just go for volume of fire that misses but still kills stuff for no reason.

your chance to kill _anything_ in 1 turn with 15% repeater on a spark with 1 dmg stock is about

(15 + 0.85*15 + 0.85*(-0.85*15))% or something, or "somewhere just below 40")

And that's if you miss every time.

PISTOLS ARE USEFUL

>autistically can't enjoy XCOM 2 because Bradford's new voice triggers me
Fuck me, I don' t get why they thought changing the voice of a recurring character was a good idea

>no over the top finnish bradford
why live

I thought repeaters no longer proc off stock damage.

I think they patched it activating from dots, but it still works with stock. Can't confirm myself though, I never use stocks

I was also asking about a mod that makes attachments more desirable overall, not just about SPARK weapons. To me the vanilla weapon attachments are poorly balanced, half of them I never even want to use.

Will there be more DLCs or patches for XCOM2?
I played it a bit on release and decided to wait for permance improvements and all the DLCs to come out.
Is the game "done" now?

Word.

No it's not done.

There may or may not be a large expansion on its way, but that is unconfirmed and at least half a year away.

So I want to mod my game to make stealth a valid thing. So due to it's slow nature I got Reinforcement Missions (steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=766511505) where you can turn off timers and the main threat now is ever growing reinforcements. I then got classes and items to help with muh stealth.

steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=736191350
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=699011611
maybe steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=618036260

Problem is that Reinforcements works that if you get detected a wave a of reinforcements come and keep coming with set timings. With these classes I can kill in stealth but some how activates the waves.

I also fixed the issue of no bodies with steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=766512413. So I can kill in stealth and still get my loot.

But as I said the reinforcement mod does not play nice. So what mod/mods would give me what I want?

I want no timers but still a threat if I get caught or things go down.

I can literally metal gear it up somewhat. Kill enemies in stealth, fulton bodies, and there is a suspicion meter so every silenced kill increases my chance of getting detected.

>new game
>rookie looks exactly like stallone but is french
>assigned grenadier class
>nickname him rambeaux and build him as a demo/shredder
did i do good

But will he survive the campaign?

ive had him since mission one in march and hes stuck around so far, currently in june
shame hes only a lieutenant, he usually either doesnt get kills or gets injured

Well tell us how his story ends. I find that sometimes some of my grenadiers don't rank up as fast because they are busy clearing cover for the rest of the squad.

I was thinking of writing a lewdfic about Lily going undercover as an orderly in an ADVENT gene therapy clinic, only to end up the abusepet of an ayylmao disguised as a humie nurse girl. Anal probing involved. Thoughts?

She never lived in the cities
your idea a shit
reeee

>She never lived in the cities
>"going undercover"
reading comprehension, nigga.

dont put bullets in your mouth its no good for you

Anyone have any mods that remove timers and replace the threat with something else? Guerrilla War mod works the best but has a few issues.

bets on this shot?
if i miss my flanked marksman will most likely die

run and gun for a better shot maybe

cant
if i move to flank him ill flank myself, theres a heavy officer and a codex in that room that he cant see

That grenade would take him out if it's a plasma I think

it didnt have to

>clutch ranger crits through cover
Literally the best thing.