/aag/ - Archeage General

/aag/ - Archeage General

ONE LAST SHOT EDITION

>NEWS
>Archeage has disabled queues on the Fresh Start servers. You will no longer have to sit at position 1000+ for >1 hour
>Trion has released their Revelation Compensation packages. If you played between December 10th to December 22nd, you are elligible to receive 50 Warrior's Medals, 50 Merit Badges, 1 Login Badge and 15 Days of Patron (if you were already a Patron)

Archeage is a F2P2W MMORPG with sandbox elements. Your sub can be paid for with in-game gold. Archeage features Open world PvP, naval combat, piracy, player housing, castle building and sieges, massive world bosses korean rng-based crafting and massive queues!

>3.0 Changes!
>2 new races - Dwarves and Warborn!
>3 new zones
>2 Housing zones
>Community centers
>A new world boss
>Abyssal Skills
>Fresh Start Server -- No major P2W Cash Shop items and is closed to "Legacy" accounts.

pastebin.com/dBtvdxin

First for dead game

Gonna play on one of the new servers and the game for the first time.

Which faction is overpopulated? Are certain classes/archetypes needed more than others?

I only really care about carebearing, although I'm no stranger to PVP from past experience in other mmos including zerg herding in WAR, but I'll avoid it as reasonably as possible.

On Reckoning, West is populated, and everyone on East hates one another.

Healers and tanks. The most popular class currently are Darkrunners, so building yourself tanky to make Darkrunners shit their britches as their one combo didn't make you instantly die will help.

You won't see much zerging (yet), unless it's Halcyona, Mistmerrow, Castle-Building Day, Castle-Sieging Day, or a zerg guild on the high seas.

J O I N M O O N M E N

What's moonmen? Is it a vg guild or something? Do they actually play or just sit around and erp like every other vg guild?

And thanks for the heads up, I couldn't get a proper response on the official forums, just a bunch of dick sucking faggots.

A guild. Sort of. The former.

West pride world wide, dorf pride world wide.

What the fuck I thought they fixed this stupid shit?

If you're still getting those, go burn down Trion

It's the only way

I don't know how to beat a Confessor in 1v1. Seems like they just healed through literally all the damage AND did tons of damage.

I restarted my PC after getting it at least 5 times in a row, and it worked. I swear to god Trion is a bunch of fucking retards, they're lucky alot of people like the game and don't mind the shitty service they provide.

Join the Notorious Moonmen for maritime shenanigans.

don't 1v1 them right nao and acknowledge they're good for a 1v1 set up?

I got one of those earlier. Log into an alt and then try logging in again.

>Serpentis PUGs
>"What's Protective Wings???"
>"I'm a Druid, is that okay?"
>"I've got 2.3k gear score, I'm good to go, right?"
>"Pls explain espanol"
>Healers are stupid shit like Edgewalker or Howler

Release me from this fresh hell of Walmart degenerates.

So does having this game on an SSD make a big difference in cities? I want to know if its worth it before I make space on mine.

Cities? Sure.

Battleground Zones like Halcyona or Mistmerrow? No.

In need of friends on Reckoning West.

Paladin any good?
Also why is the East on Vengeance so over populated?

Who should I contact?

Please tell me West on Reckoning isn't as autistic and shitty as East?
You nerds get all the castles, all we get is constant mobilization spam, Join Baka spam, gamer grill spam and no one working together whatsoever.

It's almost as bad. Especially because of the BRs. Probably a lot better off than East though.

I have friends that operate on East, and the West sounds like heaven in comparison. There's the hispanic guild and their runneth-over miniguild on Nuia, but the West has one thing they'll never shake on: fuck the East.

There's a massive Western guild that outright purples on other Westerners, just so they can help Eastern groups like Lethal. The solution of dealing with them is simple: No Castles for Cucks. Twice now, when the castle merchant was up, the West had destroyed their pack or even stolen it for their own Castles.

Also, you see mobilization spam cuz Heroes get money for every player that accepts the Mobilization, and the players take them as they get 1 Warrior's Medal for accepting them. It's annoying and inopportune as all hell, but it's still cash-money for everyone.

Press Shift-V and that will bring up the Community windows. Open the Guild Tab, followed by the Recruit/Search tab -- you'll find us on the First Page. Give a little note that you're from here, and we'll hook you up.

If you see anyone in Marianople with the tag, give them a whisper and we'll try to get you in as soon as possible

There are so many bots mining in the starting areas, the reporting system is lacking because the player that controls 5 bots watches over them reports you if you report the bots.
It's less bad later on, but people still use it.

On Reckoning, I think I've seen maybe two bots. And I dump around 3k into farming ore a day. The number of bots is extraordinarily low compared to how things were in 2014. Not sure how much of an issue it is on the legacy servers, I haven't played on them since back then.

I guess vengeance is just full of them

ded

Anyone got a guild on Vengeance west?

Post cute dorfs

There are no Veeky Forums guilds, we should start one.

Does the game feel dead guys? Or is it thriving like launch day.

It's pretty damn lively now that everyone can get in game. We've just hit the phase where antifaction shitters are getting BTFO.

I want to download it but I'm scared I'm gonna just get bored levelling and uninstall after a week like I did 4 months ago

I bet you fake stutter everytime you type too.

Roll one of the new races, they hit level 30 fast, and from that point on PvP should be lively.

I'm not a degenerate weeb, so no.

I expected this shit to be gone when I woke up. Congratulations on not letting it die.

It got close a few times.

Actually almost died on the first post.

I an honestly suprised that this game died again in less than a week after its last big update
Jesus christ

For those that play with patron, do you chose monthly or 3/6/12 month packages?

When does this game get fun?
I'm vl 35 at the moment and nobody wants to do dungeons with me,waiting for anything PvP related takes forever and all quests are just "Kill 20 of X"
The game doesnt let me put stuff up on the auction house nor make houses if I'm not shilling out to them(Dungeon Fighter Online may have spoiled me in this regard but I still think locking important game mechanics behind a paywall is fucking retarded),the labor points fill extremely slowly and I have really nothing to do other than run around aimlessly and look for shitty quests,while the game constantly tells me crafting is important without once explaining how or why I should do it
This game ended up just being a more boring and more anime version of Guild Wars 2

I go with 1 month purchases, then gun to buy patron with APEX

Can't create a character on Recknoning for some reason. Get told "Gods have disconnected you for some reason".

use a vpn

Wait. What? Why?

I don't know either but a lot of US players get constant disconnects when then try to connect from USA
Using a VPN completely passes that somehow
I don't know if that happens in EU too tho but it doesnt hurt to try

Someone plays on Tahayang?

so uh. The pastebin says moonmen is a guild but... how the fuck do you contact anyone in it?

If you're on Reckoning,

k applied

Oh boy do I have a story for you /aag/.

>purchase patron last night
>quickly grind through the blue salt quests for the free 16x16 and 8x8
>start looking for land
>see that sanddeep is probably going to be a really good spot for farming
>no land in sight
>see some afk dwarf cuck just standing there
>just kill him normally
>walk to where he was and realize there's a MASSIVE untouched area
>oh he must have been placing his farm lol
>not quick enough sailor
>drop down my 16x16, 8x8, and just because I saw room bought a 24x24 on the marketplace and dropped it there too
>took all the lands he thought he was going to have
>kid starts spamming me deaththreats on mail with all his buddies
>literally brings four max levels to the zone and waits for me there throughout two whole hours
>"i'm going to eat your fucking kids nowhere is safe", etc,.

Never knew this game could be so much fun lol

>I'm vl 35 at the moment and nobody wants to do dungeons with me
that's because you smell

This is what makes AA magical

Give me 15% of your land and 30% equity.

Join a guild

I'm a fem dwarf so I must smell like something nice and cute!
....Or just earth and oil
I did and all that did was get me another channel to shitpost in
The guild really does nothing else

No you probably smell more like a degenerate neet, so i'm thinking doritos, 3yrold expired deodorant and ballsweat as thick as Aunt Gemima

Join a better guild, make some friends or something.

>make some friends or something
I've been playing MMOs for the last 3 years and I haven't managed to do that once

I'm on vengeance, game is alive and I have no idea why would anyone tell otherwise, people are great in this game as long as you're not AFK.
Bots are shitting on the game though.

I could try to be your friend if you aren't a clingy stalker and are on Reckoning.

Game has a lot of players at the moment but all boards related to it die a relatively quick death , hence the "dead game" meme

That's a shame.

Unfortunately I play on the old servers as my trion account was pretty old so I wasn't allowed to do a "Fresh start"
I'm thinking of making an account just for that tho but the queue times sound pretty ugly

They updated the servers, no queue.

No queues anymore senpai. No wonder you've been bored as shit though. All the legacy servers are empty.

thanks for the info dudes,I'll get on that tommorow

The hot new meme is getting gray screened to death after character select

That does sound like heaven. BRs I can handle, but all I really want is a faction that bands together.
East is so full of its own drama that I'm surprised any of those faggots even landed a castle. It won't last. We're all so uncoordinated.

Really? Maybe i should pick this game up again. Finally i can become the strongest without east scum tradecucking me

Haven't played since launch, i heard the fresh server removed some items that allow p2w, or was that just bullshit.

Yes, Fresh start removed everything from the cash shop that could be used for pay to win. You can still buy and sell apex and get lightyears ahead of everyone else though

Too bad they sell for dirt, because of the dupes though. Trion kind of fucked up sales by forgetting about the dupes from the original launch in 2014. Not even sure how the fuck they let it happen, they never cease to surprise me. $10 for 90-100g can't really do jack shit, for anyone without a disposable income.

You can make that gold doing literally anything, it's not worth buying them. Only buy them with gold to keep patron up. Just do trade runs, or even farm ore for an hour or two, and you can get well over 90-200g.

So how are you guys getting by? I was running packs from Sunbite to Villanelle until the payout bottomed out.

>archeage

As a new player whats better and am i locked out of doing anything as either Archery or Vitalism?
And also do the bows ever match the size of the dwarfs or am i stuck with some goofy ass giant bow on a shortstack?

what does this convey

fat kid with a hose spraying your dog because you busy playing games?

Would you mind elaborating on your first question? Also in my experience the bows and shit only get bigger and tackier looking.

Yo, Archeage fags are you guys having fun?

you can pick 3 "pieces" to form a class
Vitalism + Archery would be relatively goofy but could work with an additional battlerage or shadowplay

>archeage
>fun

Just get primeval and win everything.

like how do they play if i pick Vitalism am i hosed for killing things like a holy priest in WoW or can i actually do damage, also the other way if i pick Archery so i only do damage and heal or am i stuck in the normal DPS route of kill it before it kills you no heals allowed?

Also on a separate note are there dungeon/flashpoints/group quests that you can que up for and are they shit or no?

You can pick up to three skill trees. You can even pick vitalism/ archery/whatever. Vitalism does have some skills that do magical damage and archery has fallen into being disgustingly overpowered again. You aren't penalized for your class at all, but others work really well when paired together.

holy shit youre dumb

If you're Vitalism, you can totally do some CC and Damage, now that the damaging spells from Vitalism scale with Healing Power. But you'd be a selfish idiot if you did nothing BUT damage and CC in groups.

Also, dungeons are trash in this game.

Why is this shit suddenly happening to me, 95% of the time I try to login to a character?

Alright fuckers, if you wanna level and level fast, do the cute thing and join

Get in on this.

Servers are fucked. Some work around that was posted on the forums was to first open options while in character select. Then hit the button to log on to the character and immediately the button to hit apply options right after. Not sure if it's bullshit but it's been working for me.

Well, shit. I think it worked. Thanks.

Yeah it sounded retarded to me at first. Still not sure if it actually works or if the server just stopped being a vagina.

>Trion bringing the servers down this early in the night.

Someone is gonna die.

Nice house

Happens to me, cllse the game and launcher and start again.

Wish it was mine. I just saw it while leveling. I'm stuck with a tiny, little house in Ahnimar.