/nosg/ - Nostalrius General

>What is this?
This is the Nostalrius general. A private server for vanilla world of warcraft. We're currently waiting on the new nost server release:

NEW NOST WILL RELEASE THE 7TH OF JANUARY!

Alliance:
discord.gg/qJHXHvz

Horde:
discord.gg/qJHXHvz

>Server homepage
elysium-project.org/
>Vanilla WoW database
db.vanillagaming.org
>Leveling Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1-Z2vplxWZACKmCpw1B8vexKQ2vwjRqFRjcJhHjAxxJg/edit
>Nos Pre-Bis
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j81TgG0p_HrYKajiUiQfYIoSUx1culzy2u_Fc4wtiS8/edit#gid=329725463
>Leveling Specs
imgur.com/a/aNm8V#0
>Big Addon Pack
wow-one.com/forum/topic/3573-vanilla-112-addons-download/
>warriors
>not top DPS

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12005737
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdn2ecYLl-gZoETLyLPbB381z74H0lOFzmZ0aqV8_7IdGxceg/viewform
youtube.com/watch?v=024V43kLLGE
strawpoll.me/11783717/r
youtu.be/SqYaIMRC_t8?t=1142
capnbry.net/wow/gspots.php
youtube.com/watch?v=RaJyABDmDYM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Kill yourself druidwaifu

IMPORTANT FRESH HORDE GUILD INFORMATION

>GUILD NAME POLL ROUND 2:
strawpoll.me/12005737
Next poll will be final and be run through discord or google doc to prevent manipulation by shitposters. Still taking suggestions in case anything jumps out at me.

>Informal roster signup:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdn2ecYLl-gZoETLyLPbB381z74H0lOFzmZ0aqV8_7IdGxceg/viewform
This is just to gauge interest, its worthless trying to put together a roster before you see who actually hits 60
somehow have 0 warlocks still

Raid Times/Loot System to be determined later, but im not running a LC for a 40 man vg raid.

discord tomorrow until then use info in op for shitposting,

Alliance guild on fresh: name has not been voted on as of now

add one of these to get an invite to alliance guild discord.

Erlik#4852
qlurf#6906
Infamy#5916
Madti#7077

Mulgore is literally the only comfy zone in the Horde.
I'll give you that much.

HELLGROUND WWU

eh, stop.

The only good Alliance zone is duskwood

should we just assume these dumb snowniggers aren't going to have a suitable dynamic spawn system in place come launch?

>haha I'm Wrongview and I SMOKE WEED XDDD

kys

>Nostalrius scripting

youtube.com/watch?v=024V43kLLGE

CAN'T DECIDE WHETHER TO PLAY NIGHT ELF OR TAUREN DRUID ON FRESH

WHICH SIDE WILL HAVE MORE PEOPLE

It probably will but it'll probably be stuck on the default value initially so expect there to be like 2 snow tracker wolves and 8000 gnomes hunting them

im a moonkin ask me anything

WHERE IS PUDDI

>bongview

I hope the literal aspies lynch that normie Chad lmao.

Horde will have slightly more.

Go Tauren since Night Elves are the worst race for any class.

kys asap

>where am I

why don't you ask yourself, you freak?

If you play night elf you'll have to compete for the Emerald Dreamcatcher which is required for massive XP gains.

Will you please be my friend?

When will you kill yourself?

And Elwynn and Dun Morogh and Westfall and Loch Modan and Red Ridge and....

>lynch that normie Chad lmao.

he's definitely not a normie chad

he's a huge fucking autist with bad taste in music

>roll a warrior
>"oh shit I fucking forgot about how annoying caster mobs were"
>they just approach you on this server
>literally cast one spell and then run into me
what the fuck

strawpoll.me/11783717/r

OFFICIAL STRAWPOLL (ADD TO OP)

Alliance or Horde

just pretend you're los pulling desu

lol compare this to retail, 19 minutes in

youtu.be/SqYaIMRC_t8?t=1142

>reddit poll

Yes.

Daily reminder that Scriptcraft was the best private server to ever exist

>3.95mb png of vanilla wow
why are druids always autistic?

>Generic as fuck forest.
>Boring snowland.
>Literal waste land.
>Elwynn - some trees + huge lake
>Stonetalon - the charred vale
whoa

going to the hospital tomorrow! goodbye forever, Mandate of Heaven!

why are you just a poverty version of puddi

Puddi is a poverty version of Puddi

o no

someone had to say it
go smoke some weed

Reminder that fresh isn't getting Naxx until the month of SEPTEMBER in the year of our lord TWO THOUSAND AND EIGHTEEN.

>inb4 "B-b-but they'll listen to us if we whine loud enough, I swear! Just like they listed to us about banning VPNs!!"

duskwood is LITERALLY the worst alliance zone

what happened to it if it was so good

old isnt either now that its elysium dev team desu

>implying these slavs will ever make naxx
>implying this server is anything more than something to do while we wait for crestfall
>implying shitters in this thread would even get to naxx in the first place

>only leveling zones I enjoy are Elwynn and Tirisfal
>both overpopulated as fuck and meme races

>ragnarok online private server now only created by retards
>wow private servers now only created by retards
>etc etc servers now only created by retards
people who have a love for emulators and shit when

Project 99 is still great.
Too bad it's too hardcore for people.

>brown desert
>orange desert
>yellow desert
>shit-green jungle
>neon vomit-green jungle
>grey-fog-zone
wew

gummycraft!

Naxx is easy lol I can solo it on my DH.

hello my cuckold friends. i hope your bulls are doing well and that your wives are fulfilled.
i would like to discuss why fresh is the biggest meme in existence:
>slavs have proved their utter incompetence while the french have proved their historically deep rooted cuckoldry
>chink train has no breaks, only going to metastasize come fresh
>you will be competing with at least 1000 players in your starting zone... assuming the server can even hold up (protip: it wont and its going to be unstable as fuck for at least a week)
>assuming you can get past all of this, and get ahead of the curve and STAY ahead of the curve, your reward is... farming MC and DM for 7 months until BWL drops (maybe)

And then from there the progression continues. ALL of this is balanced on the fact the server doesn't shut down, implode, or server hoppers don't just fuck off elsewhere.
Seriously how the fuck did this meme spiral out of control like this? I'm trying to think of good reason to roll on Fresh but I just can't.

I'd say everything night-elf is the worst alliance zone, but hey.

Can you stop using "cuckold" as a derogatory term? As an actual cuckold it's quite offensive.

>DONT LEAVE PLEASE I DONT WANT TO BE ALONE WITH CHANG AND XIAO REEEEEEEEEE

Are... you aware naxx came out in vanilla first? Holy shit kys.

>NOOO STOP USING REASON ITS NOT FAIR OK WE SAID WE ROLL FRESH NOW COME PLAY FRESH I WAITED SO LONG

Literally the only reason to play fresh is to see if we can meme the final solution to the chinese question into reality.

If you don't want to enter in to a race war with the chinks, this server has no appeal.

Because... because, umm... Well, there will be fewer chinks! No, wait... There won't be an auction house economy, so the chink gold will be more valuable on new... Well, I'll get the chance to play Vanilla from the start! ... No, that's not right, they're itemizing everything from the start and haven't fixed the AI... Umm... Oh! If I get the first level 60, I'll get a reward! ... Oh, no, achievements don't exist... Uhh...

>stroll through elwynn
>more than half the people you pass are mishappen refugees from the other starter zones
THEY HAVE TO GO BACK

>Too bad it's too hardcore for people.
truly
I don't mind grinding, but man I had no idea where to go and things kept kicking my ass and dying is such a pain. Couple that with not knowing what I'm doing at all. Such a hard game to get into. Doubt I'd have anything to do in the game other than grind levels anyway so there's little incentive.

The only alliance zone I found remotely cool was Darkshore desu.

Not if you play on Kronos

Nah, issue with Everquest is that it goes to shit after +3 years
you'd have to be insane to try to fit in with the older players now, you're just not going to get anywhere unless you solo grind for shit

capnbry.net/wow/gspots.php

>gspots

Yeah. Grind spots. Spots for grinding. Gspots. What else would a gspot be?

Wait for Gummycraft or Crestfall senpai

Man that shit was just brown on grey ugly.

EQ aside, I actually tried many of these spots and they're horrible for Nost what with it's population. Going to make my 5th 60 on Nost and maybe I'll make a better list for Nost.

gspots are literally a myth

This, this, a thousand times this. This has gone past the point of spam memeing and is actually factual reality. From what we've seen of Gummycraft that server looks like absolute sex, and I'm sure that Crestfall shouldn't be too bad either (if they would give us more recent details).

Chang and Xiao will be on Fresh too faggot. Be sure to keep them company while waiting 14 months for any remotely challenging raid content to come out :^)

The first bunch are definitely mobs people will be killing for quest items, so I believe it.

hahaha

who is our guy?

gummy's server will no doubt be a failure like scriptcraft was

netherwing will be a thousand times better and it's progress through the expansions

why is vanilla texture mapping better than legions?

If faggots would just ban the chinks i would be content with playing a mediocre mangos server with 8-10k online. But no, we have to sit here and hope for things that might never happen because the elysium devs are absolute faggots who suck chink dick

If that's the case, then the videos he shows for the server and what he has been doing, such as correcting very obvious complaints, as well as fine-tuning every single script to it operates correctly instead of using stock spell IDs is the biggest scam I have ever seen.

Reminder that Crestfall will be banning VPNs, meaning fresh Nost will be a Chinese only graveyard the second it comes out. Don't waste precious months of your life there.

Aziz
youtube.com/watch?v=RaJyABDmDYM

So why are we playing China Simulator 2017 instead of Kronos again?

I legit hope nost 'stock mangos' alrius stays as the most popular server so both crestfall and burning crusade dont get overstoked with chinks

Aziz al-yami?

Because a bunch of animeposters/trannies shilled hard for playing on fresh Nost, and they're too autistic to swallow their pride and admit they fucked up.

alliance zones are so boring and standardized fantasy regions "that ice map" "that lava map"

no wonder theyre all such cucks, i've never made it past lvl 15 on any alliance char even when genuinely trying. it's just so boring and non immersive. not like alliance has any real back story to base the quest zones around, literally pulled right out the ass zones with normie humanoid things to do

not futa/10

Why is nihilum even reforming on fresh?

its the same content they just did for another year

>4 MONTHS UNTIL DIRE MAUL, HOPE YOU DON'T WANT YOUR CLASS MOUNTS WARLOCKS LOL!
>6 MONTHS UNTIL AV AND MC LOOT BUFFS, HAVE FUN THERE CASTERS LOL!
>8 MONTHS UNTIL BWL
>10 MONTHS UNTIL ZG AND 16 DEBUFF SLOTS, IF YOU WANT TO RAID AS A SHADOW PRIEST BEFORE THEN YOU MIGHT AS WELL QUIT NOW XD
>14 (FOURTEEN) (ONE-FOUR) MONTHS UNTIL AQ40. ASSUMING POTTU HASN'T BANNED YOU BEFORE THEN.

NO POINT EVEN MENTIONING NAXX BECAUSE THE SERVER ISN'T GOING TO LAST THAT LONG.

The only reason I wont play on the new server right there

I'm going to have a great time for two whole years?
thanks for reminding me

I wonder how the economy will perform on fresh.

Because they're too shit to handle Naxx anyway, so who cares if it's a 2 (TWO) year wait.

I thought we loved fresh now we hate fresh?

It'll be ruined immediately by the chinese tidal wave.

At least old Nost had a few months before China started to ruin everything.

fuck lads this progression timeline is making me seriously consider rolling old

Libertarian economy where people try to gouge others with exorbitantly high prices until someone starts to crash the economy by selling for just above vendor price, which completely prevents anyone from making a profit in the game without excessive farming, making skinning, mining, herbalism, and fishing absolutely irrelevant in terms of money-making, especially with no one at level 60 to purchase them.

>the people shitposting about naxx actually think naxx will be actually be released and that nost1/2 wont be dead in less than a year

Hype train + they probably feel like they'll be left behind? Also they draw from Veeky Forums, right? And fresh is where most of Veeky Forums is going. A bunch of new guilds caught up and cleared BWL with everyone else so even whole guilds can catch up.