1 year ago

>1 year ago
>car parked outside my house at night
>hear a loud crash outside
>think nothing of it
>neighbors knock on my door and tell me my car as been hit
>some jackoff completely smashed the front of it in, nowhere to be seen
>ends up being totaled and I get a check for next to nothing from the insurance company
>buy a beater to replace it
>last night
>parked outside my house
>some j-hole backs into my driver's side doors, completely smashing both of them
>insurance is going to pay upwards off $2k to replace the doors and repaint my $5k car
I've never been the driver of a car in an accident, but twice in the past two years my car has been beamed outside my house.

Crash stories I guess

not my pic but surprisingly similar to this recent incident

>doing e-brake skidz in my FWD shitbox
>hit some parked cars bumper skidding at like 5 MPH
>get out, look for damage, don't see any
>get back in my car and drive off

No harm, no foul.

Stop parking in the street like a sub human piece of shit. The street curb is not your parking lot.

My street has no driveways, it's street parking only

Missdirected but my point still stands

Similar story.

At home one day and we hear a loud noise right outside...

Some dipshit kid wasn't paying attention and managed to slam his bicycle into the back of my dad's Civic. Shattered the rear window and fucked him up pretty bad.

Park on your lawn there is no suchurry thing as street only.

If your neighborhood is so shitty you don't have driveways then none of your neighbors will care if you park on your lawn

Plus how the fuck did some one manage to back in to your car like that if it's street only? We're they backing up from their lawn?

Parking on your lawn is illegal in my state.

But, I do park on my lawn anyway.

>have to get off my parents insurance plan before it expires
>go to progressive to set up my own plan
>has your car been in any accidents?
>'no'
>go to finalize numbers
>'sorry we found two accident reports on your VIN, since you lied to us your rate goes up $50/mo'
>call progressive up, angry as fuck
>they tell me my windshield chip repair i had two years ago is considered a vehicle accident
>what the fuck how does that make sense
>i told them my dad filed that WITH PROGRESSIVE (them)
>sorry user nothing you can do, try again in 2 months
>cancel my policy and went with geico

tl;dr progressive penalizes you for "lying" about claims even though they knew I had those claims because I was with them for 8 years. also windshield chips are considered a vehicle accident

ew why would you report a windshield repair to insurance? that's like 100 bucks out of pocket.

Looks like a driveway to me.

Some of my neighbors have driveways, I was parked a very reasonable distance behind one.

My house doesn't have enough room outside for me to park in my front lawn, it's a hill. Also, I wouldn't be able to get out because the neighbors park on the street where you're supposed to.

It's not like I'm the only car on the street, only 2/10 houses around me even have driveways.

I told my dad I would pay for it but he said that since he was paying for comprehensive, he wanted to report it. I just got fucked in the end.

>not my pic but surprisingly similar to this recent incident
try reading

>Can't even park on own property
Jesus

So you parked directly behind some ones driveway. And your neighborhood now has some driveways Wew lad.

You mean to tell me out of all the houses that don't have driveways you managed to park directly behind the one of your two neighbors that does.

>park in the yard

I'm not ruining my grass for my fucking shitbox.

I sure am

That's the only parking space left on the street, I already have to walk 50 feet to get to my property from where I park because the neighbors use every spot.

The other option besides parking behind the driveway is to park at the bottom of the hill, and guess what MY FIRST CAR GOT TOTALED PARKING THERE

Oh sorry I didn't realize it wasn't your picture. Excuse me I must have sounded like such an idiot. I was talking about that with my wifes boyfriend yesterday about parking in the street and we all three agree that as long as I'm willing to move my car for him in the morning before work we won't have to worry about getting hit in the street.

I agree completely.

They say it has to be filled in with gravel and this that and the other.

But, I've parked there so much it's nothing but dirt, and I still haven't gotten a ticket.

The one day they were enforcing it in my neighborhood, word got around, so I took my truck to work instead of my car, which is in the driveway.

Sticking it to the man. They can have dirt roads, but I can't have a dirt addition to my driveway? get fucked.

>everyone who doesn't have a driveway is a cuck

Parking on your lawn is for trailer trash. The idea that parking on your curb is for subhumans, however, is baseless autism you will find only on Veeky Forums. The people who preach this would never, ever confront someone for it in real life because deep down they know they're just looking for excuses to call people subhuman on the internet.
>go to high income HOA neighborhood
>every driveway is full with 1-2 cars on curb per house
>Veeky Forums user claims only subhumans do this
Who is right, the dentist/lawyer/investment banker/district manager, or the cheeto-stained busrider who couldn't park on the curb to save his life because he owns no cars? This should be self-explanitory.

100% false

Bread on hood, keyboard warrior.

I'm the district manager of Wendy's and this man is right I park in the street all the time. My HOA is ok with it as long as it don't cause disruption

You've never lived in the city, have you...

OK as soon as I get off of work. Give me 5 hours.

Brad on my dick

The city has designated parking along the curb it is to be expected and is legally allowed.

Backing into your neighbors car because they are parked randomly behind you because they have to many or are too lazy to cycle cars before one leaves is not the same.

Excuse me, are you saying it's okay to back into someone's car if it's "in the way"?

Yes I too and am inevestment banker this gentleman who is the District manager of our local Wendy's informed me of this thread. We both park our high end cars in the street our HOA is most reasonable.

Of course it is. It's their car anyways

>HIS DRIVEWAY IS FULL WITH 2 CARS

Lmao

>His boipucci is full with 2 benis

Subhuman shit lord park in the street the come here and green text a story about it.

>be me
>drive 2k shit box
>park in street like dumb fag lord
>cry when insurance company gives me money
>come to Veeky Forums expect sympathy.

Driving home from my friend's place
That lived 1 mile away
>2.5 km
Sitting at the intersection few blocks from home.
Light turns green so I proceed
Car full of 19yo girls fails to yield and collides head on with my car.

Cop happened to be in area and stopped.

Tell him what happened
Looks at damage
Questions both of us

Girl admits she thought she could make it.

Girl tries to tell cop I'm drunk he says I'm fine and can drive home.

Call insurance to make sure I'm not liable.

Tell them she admitted to being at fault.

Agent laughs I laugh get $1400 from her insurance

Have friend fix car for $300

>top kek

user are you okay?

like on a personal level?

All shit posting aside.

Even though we all agree it's your fault op

The real question is what the fuck is a
>j-hole ?

And why did you feel the need to censor it?

>someone hits parked car
>it's the person who parked the car's fault
Nah, even if someone double parks you in for hours you still can't hit their car.

I'm all good just shit posting here at my great job at nasa.

If you back out of your driveway and it is not legal to park in your street. If you hint heir car by some fault the owner of the illegal parked car is at fault and will be cited ask me how I know?

Street parking is not illegal

Yes it is you street parking Subhuman trash.

It's not a penalty. It's not like if you told them there were 2 accidents that they'd be like "Thanks for being honest! We won't charge you more!"

Insurance companies entire job is to navigate the complex world of "LITIGATION" to handle disaster and accidents. To this end, they will sleaze every dollar they can from their clients to maximize profits first, and handle disaster second.

If it was illegal you'd have thought the cop who filed the report on the hit and run might've said something.

There's a "No Parking This Side of Street" on the other side, meaning my car was legally parked when it was hit you "Subhuman"

You can't , according to the law. But you should take a baseball bat to every panel three times over and stuff a dead rat in the exhaust.

>End of April 2016
>Driving around int he early AM
>Dude in his truck tries to beat me to the intersection by making a hard-ass left turn (there's no lights, just a turn median)
>Smash right into the side of him at 50mph
>Engine smashed to shit, sides of body crumple up as well
>Steering wheel airbag goes off + seatbelt grabs hold of me, saving my life but leaving me with chest pain for a month

Fortunately nothing was broken and insurance paid for everything including the car, but fuck. Now I get extra nervous when people whip their cars around or their car starts moving while they are camped out in a median waiting for clearance. I really hate all the median left turns with no signals here, a lot of them are on incredibly busy roadways with 3 or 4 lanes in each direction, with the flow of traffic going up to 65 MPH.

Pic related.

Dude Stop aggressively "quoting" me or I may come pass by hit your car with my dick and do 6 times the damage. Then turn around and steal your wife. Just remember bush did 911 and plane holograms are real.

That's great lighting, what did you take that with?

I used my iphone.

What street is that looks familiar?

A camera.

>be me
>going 50+ in a 30MPh zone
>don't care I'm late for work.
>ram guy in truck because I can't be bothered to brake
>fucking crazy ass people on the shoulder amirte?

Thanks - there was a big LED light being shone onto the wrecked car from a fire truck just out of the frame. They needed a ton of light so they could properly clean up the fluids and stray parts. I had my big D-SLR on me and since it survived the crash with no issues, I figured I might as well take some shots.

Strain Avenue in Lakeland, FL

Actually the speed limit was 50 MPH, hah

Some Mexican in a black is250 cracked the bumper on my 350z while I was at work, witnesses saw him and got part of his license plate. Called insurance and I still have to pay, is this normal or does state farm just suck

Are your rates going up?

That's normal.

> I work for a dealership

It's not fair damnit

>My street has no driveways, it's street parking only
I would be the first then to build a driveway.

>ew why would you report a windshield repair to insurance? that's like 100 bucks out of pocket.
Most insurance companies cover chip repair with no out of pocket to you. That's because the state law requires windshield repair and that accidental chip (if you have comprehensive) would then balloon to be $800 windshield replacement to the insurance company once a crack started to spread from that chip.

Some windshields are more than $800 now because they are "smart" electronic windshields. My windshield has wiring in it and some electronics.

Cars are getting to be rolling computers. I wonder when they will be self driving with small phased semiconductor radar arrays built into front and rear panels. When that happens, our windshield costs will go way up as they will used leaded glass to reduce electronic emissions into the cabin.

>at red light
>hitting a bowl
>light goes green and lane next to me starts moving
>hit the gas thinking "oh shit it's green"
>rear end the car in front of me who didn't start moving yet

I don't smoke and drive anymore. Luckily the cop who came didn't give me a ticket or search the car or anything even though I KNOW my car smelt like weed.

This almost happened to me last sunday, fucking police officer.

Shouldn't be hard to find out who hit your car from the side then, seeing as they obviously left your neighbor's house.

>Called insurance and I still have to pay, is this normal or does state farm just suck
You can follow up on the police investigation to find the culprit. But that will require lining up the witnesses later so the police usually give up on that due to costs and invasiveness on mexicans that will file some racial discrimination lawsuit injunction to stop your investigation.

Just had all three of my windshields replaced, 200-300$ apiece...based Mazda.

Also as far as parking in the yard, I had literally half a wheel in my own yard yesterday (had it sharply turned and didn't care to fix it) and the hoa neighborhood rep told me to fix it within hours because they had potential renters touring.

>is this normal or does state farm just suck

If you have underinsured motorist coverage (hit and run) then it should have covered the non-deductible bumper damage due to hit and run. The underinsured coverage can be invoked from the police report which would say witnesses identified someone hitting your car and leaving the scene. So, what you need is that police report saying that. You would then request an insurance review with a state farm case manager and point out that you have underinsured coverage in your current policy.

Now, if your deductible is large and the bumper damage is small, it was totally correct for the agent to dismiss your claim. You're underneath the deductible after all so state farm doesn't cover that.

>you need to pay out of your own pocket for other peoples' lack of insurance
>land of the free

>buy miata with 70,000 miles
>think it's a racecar and I'm a racecar driver
>crash miata into concrete guard rail while trying to drift like a G onto the freeway.
>shedd some tears and drive like a bitch since that day.

just your deductible, in my state you get $200 off if the other driver runs or is uninsured

>Driving while intoxicated
Deserved a ticket, fine, and possession. Thanks for endangering the roads, user. But atleast you dont do it anymore.

That means you should live somewhere else or not have a car.

>Be a couple years ago, 18
>Be getting off 15 hour shift at the restaurant
>Tired af because I pulled a 15 hour the day before too
>Driving my manager back to his place
>It's pouring raining, foggy, and it's dark out
>Driving through the city, manager tells me about a shortcut
>Take it
>Pull up to stop sign
>Stop
>Go
>*CRASH*
>Whole front end is taken off
>Gray toyota corolla hit me
>Get out of the car
>Her fucking headlights are off
>Go over to her car
>She gets out
>Ask if she's okay and if she needs medical attention
>Doesn't even respond just says "WHAT THE FUCKKKKKK MANNNNNNNNNNN ARE YOU FUCKING DRUNK YOU STUPID PIECE OF SHIT"
>Gets up in my face
>Trying to fight me
>I tell my manager to call the police
>Sheriff shows up in like 1 minute
>Pulls her aside and calms her down while we wait for actual police to take the report
>Me and manager looking at dashcam footage
>Yup, bitch had no fucking headlights on
>Real officers arrive
>Show officer my dash cam footage
>I can hear her calling me all sorts of names and shit
>Get an idea
>"Hey officer, also, I think she might be a little drunk, she was slurring her words"
>Officer grabs breatho
>Tests me first, pass obv
>Then tests girl
>Fucking .09
>Gets arrested for a DUI
>Get brand new car out of it

Is there a typo in here? I'm having a real hard time wrapping my head around that third sentence...

I really hope this is true, because that is an extremely satisfying story. If it was true, you are awesome.

100%, this is my car that got totaled

>with friend
>does a quick park
>reversing
>lazy cunt isn't looking backwards but just uses his mirrors
>hit small van at considerable speed
>ask him if his car has a towbar
>no
>good
>we go outside
>fingers crossed
>literally no damage whatsoever