/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

>He STILL hasn't installed a9lh/Sighax edition

Previous thread Missing link /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7, 11.1 via b& DSiWare, 11.2 system transfer - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds/)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
↳Downgrade + a9lh: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
↳IOSU + Kernel Exploit: github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-freeShop was DMCA'd, albeit on shaky grounds like logo infringement. Backup copies still run, or there's several alternatives.
-Sighax has been described as a likely successor to a9lh, and should simplify the process for unhacked consoles.
-soundhax.com/ replaces Browserhax as go-to entrypoint and works on 11.2 and below.
-Limited support for running DS games off the SD card. See list below. gbatemp.net/threads/454323/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M7MxYQzVhb4604esdvo57a7crSvbGzFIdotLW0bm0Co/edit#gid=0

>Wii U
-Boot0 code execution displayed at 33c3, along with boot1 dumping.
-A new method to get regionfree has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/448468
-New tool for dumping images from a Wii U disc has been released gbatemp.net/threads/wudump-dump-raw-images-from-a-wiiu-game-disc.451736/

>Vita
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.
-Adrenaline released. gist.githubusercontent.com/TheOfficialFloW/0ed4e09e2d447e631416cb84d7c43107/raw/readme.txt
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/

>PS4
-4.06 patches the 4.01 jailbreak, DO NOT UPDATE

>PS3
-4.81 Rebug CFW released
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-downgrading-from-11-2-with-fasthax.455079/
3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/278558-legit-signed-tickets-3ds-games-installing-11-0-11-1-fbi-waithax.html
3ds.guide/dsiware-downgrade-(app-injection-and-second-3ds)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is this a good deal?

I have a Black Friday SM n3DS. It hasn't been updated yet and sits on 11.0 as I haven't used it at all yet.

Explain to me how I'm supposed to put a9lh on it if I don't have a 2nd 3ds that already has cfw installed.

I'd sooner explain to you how you're supposed to read the OP.

I'd say read the OP but you're fucked anyway without the DSi games.

kek

too late

Okay Source CFW 3DS transferring to N3DS 11.0. And then yet again to a second N3DS with 11.0.

I think I have to wait a week between them due to some timer shit. And I know it will carry over the NNID so I'll need to set up the source 3DS with a different NNID afterward?

Can I just not set up a NNID on the source 3DS so I can make my own on the target 3DS(s)?

useless shitter
That's what I figured, without the DSiware games its not possible. The way everyone was hyping up soundhax, I figured there was a way.

So let me see if I got this right, since I recently bought a hacked ps3 with literally no instruction from the guy.
With a hacked ps3, I can play:
-Playstation 1 games
-Playstation 2 games
-Playstation 3 games
all through webman by simply moving isos from an external harddrive to the internal harddrive in the respective folders on root.
Also, older system emulation through retroarch.

Which category does psp fall into, is that native or emulation?
Also what's the best place to download ps3 isos from?

If you do not own A=any of these DSIWARE TITLES:
>4 Swords
>LOE
>GTO
>Fieldrunners

YOU CAN ONLY DOWNGRADE VIA HARDMOD
>b-but when will other alternatives come?
NEVER EVER

Still don't update it. Although I don't have much faith in it at this point, there's still a chance of 11.0 and 11.1 downgrading without DSiWare. At least you have two different things to look forward to. Either of those are the last piece missing for you to downgrade.

when did rxtools die? it was easier to install and much simpler to use than luma and the new shit

If you have a second already hacked 3DS then you can use nearly any DSiware game.

Or you know, find a N3DS on a lower firmware than the newly released ones.

Is very dangerous to install a game in the nand of the wii u? Could be brick it or damage the memory?

why is there no ps3 guide in the OP?

I just got a 64gb SD card for my haxchi wiiu. Do I need it to be this big or should I return it? I got it assuming I could install games on it but from what I'm seeing now you can only load games from an external HD or USB drive. Is it worth keeping to install wii/emulator games or can all of that be loaded from the same drive?

Basically is there any point to have a 64gb sd card vs a 4gb sd card for haxchi on wiiu/vwii?

Install it on USB then move it over if you're scared.

seems like a normal price for it. i say go for it if you really want one.

I will save keep it, maybe in the future you could use for rednad

Get what meets your needs. You need a bigger one if you want to install multiple 20gb games at once but a 4gb is fine if you want to install a single 1gb game.

Are there >11.0 n3ds anywhere for sale anymore?

$204 +$10 shipping in the end. I guess it could be worse for under 3.60 fw + 32gb memory card

anyone want to shed some light on this? i realize its probably a lie/requires hardmod or something but i figured i should at least axe.

If for some reason the the process of moveing is fucked what is the worst thing that could happend?

reference this

Well you need at least 32GB since you have to put games on it to install them, and they can theoretically be 25GB, and I've seen some that are bigger than 16GB at least.

And yeah, you can't put anything on the drive you use for installing games, so if you wanted to put on RA and romsets you could use a decent sized SD card.

>I demand spoonfeeding because I read on a 4th grade level
>fuck you for not spoonfeeding me!
Enjoy paying for your games.

Meant

Well it wouldn't be fucked as you'd know the game is fine if it works on USB.

how well does retroarch run on wiiu? PS1 games full speed? Definitely going to keep it if it can run/store ps1/dreamcast emus

Just got Soundhax... what else do I need to do to play free 3ds games?

that's it, you ready. download some .cia, put them on your memory card and start playing.

Hold the Gamestop employees at gunpoint until they fill the bag with games.

>inb4 another 11.X user with none of the dsiware games
only legit cias for you sorry

Is there anything on the horizon for playing NDS games that currently don't work off 3DS SD? I really want to play Castlevania, but the top screen is completely black.

should I try to secure a PS4Pro below 4.06?

if 4.05 is the cutoff firmware then these things will probably be fairly valuable later on.

Bought a Model 1 Dreamcast. Sorry for doubting you /hbg/, it really is that fucking easy to get Dreamcast games. I thought it'd be some hacking bullshit that takes ages to figure out that makes you want to tear your fucking eyeballs out by the end of it.

God that 75 pack of CD-Rs for $20 was worth it. Now I wish I had another VMU

If you look way in the distance you'll see people playing DS games perfectly on their flashcarts from 10 years ago.

If you weren't so bad at reading then you would have known that soundhax is for merely homebrew. Isn't your Christmas break almost over?

Are games past 3.61 playable yet.
Why is it not happening?

dude,why would ANYONE throw 20 bucks in the trash for a flashcart when sd loading exists?

Do you like wasting money?

>yfw /hbg/ is being spammed with 12 year olds looking to h4x0rrr their xmas 3ds
guys, stopp it

nice what cdrs did you get I was thinking of buying some soon.
I got a dreamcast some how past dec (very rare) that DOESN'T play burned games and a normal one that does.

I'm sure that blackscreen is well worth saving $20 for.

dude, it barely exists and Ive had this flascart for years, dude. Also cheats, dude.

>20 bucks
Paid 5 for mine
>in the trash
It was worth every penny. Didn't had to wait like a tool and got to enjoy some of the best games ever on my 3ds/DSi

I just bought a random lot of CD-Rs I saw on eBay. Some were CDRWs which don't work so I gave them away.

I picked the Dreamcast lot I found specifically because it had the bottom of the console where you can check the model. It's a circle next to the region code, if it's a 0 or a 1 you're good but if it's a 2 you're fucked

If you don't mind TPB they have complete library torrents. Otherwise private trackers.

>pay $0 for something that 30% works
>pay $10 for something that 100% works
Sure was money thrown away when I'm playing all these games you can't play and have been for years. Oh wait.

The lies people will tell themselves, shaking my head to be honest.

We like our car analogies here, so...

>Why would you pay 20 bucks for a 2017 Honda Accord when you could get this junkyard frankenstein safety hazard for free?

anyone have a link to the gbatemp thread on fasthax?

>Why would you pay 8 bucks for a 2017 Honda Accord when you could just walk for a couple of years until you get this junkyard frankenstein safety hazard for free?

fixed

One of these days we're going to have to come to an agreement on what a flashcart costs.

gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-downgrading-from-11-2-with-fasthax.455079/
?

3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/278558-legit-signed-tickets-3ds-games-installing-11-0-11-1-fbi-waithax.html
reminder that 11.2 fags will still get free gaems

Typically they are about $10, though it's often a bit lower.

>years
unless you're crawling damn.

>putting 10 year old ancient artifacts in your 3DS
>expecting it to run perfectly without drawbacks

I wonder what the better trade off is..

>sd loading which will match flashcarts in a matter of weeks...
>or going through the hassle of getting a flashcart which will take months to ship and drain your battery in the process.

Hmm..

>tfw own cubic ninja
STOP COMING UP WITH ALTERNATE ENTRYPOINTS
IT'S DEVALUING MY CARTRIDGE
CAN I SUE??????

I can't believe people can actually get buyer's remorse for free shit lmao
just enjoy your super mario 64 with 10 minute loading times instead of shitposting about flash carts

Everything in this post is blatantly false, though. Flashcarts DO run perfectly without drawbacks, and SD loading is never going to match them because of hardware limitations. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't understand how the hardware works and uses faulty analogies based on that. There's only one flashcart that drains your battery (DSTWO I believe) and most people receive their cart in under 2 weeks.

8/10 I'm one hell of a dumb fish.

I mean, there are literally different flashcards on the market.

>5 bucks
Honestly I haven't seen these first hand, but I'd assume it's the first generation R4s that only run 2GB

>8 bucks
DSTT from nds-card

>10 bucks
R4i gold
Approximate price for Acekard2i in Brazil

>20 bucks
What the fuck. DSTWO? Either way you're being ripped off.

SWITCH
HAX
WHEN

These are both extremely exaggerated and blatantly false.

>You can buy the 2007 Honda Accord or wait a couple of weeks and get the 2017 Honda Accord - free of charge.

Who in their right mind would buy the 06' accord? Because that's what you're doing when you buy a flashcart.

Fuck off, retard.

Anybody have a legit cia file for Animal Crossing? The one I got from 3dsiso is giving me an error, and I can't find the thread that had the legit cia list and links. Thanks in advance.

to the user that told me to update FBI to improve my CIA installs, thank you. that fixed the issue.

just took 3 minutes to install super mario 3D land.

When is fasthax coming out?

50 hours

In a jiffy.

2 days?

ned estimated it to be useful on the 3rd, but I'd give one more day for it to be usable by the plebs

>not using your old flash cart from the DS days
Don't tell me you didn't have one?

This

I'm still using a fucking DSTT no complaints

That's not a DSTTi btw

mine doesn't work

~Tuesday

If youre on 11.1/11.0 and waited this long literally go use waithax takes like 30 mins. go watch a show or some shit

Is a DSTT really the best option to use with a forwarder?

>Have ~20 3DS games I legitimately bought before I installed CFW on my 3DS back in 2015
>Not sure if I should keep them for memories sake or sell them even though used 3DS games dont go for much these days

>or going through the hassle of getting a flashcart which will take months to ship

Do you live on a third world country? I do and i got mine after a day. Didn't even need to left my house

>and drain your battery in the process
It's not 2007 anymore grandpa and not every card is the DSTT

I didn't have one, I got one a year ago when /hbg/ said sd card loading never ever

>freeshop is still showing pokemon s/m as the newest releases
>they came out over a month ago
have there really been no new releases since then or is my freeshop auto-update not working properly?

mario maker i guess

I sold like 12 games and ended up getting $250 out of them. You'd be surprised at how much jewstop will give you for them these days. You can check current values on the website.

What is a good DS flashcart to grab and a good place to get it?

Anyone know why this fucko works fine on O3DS but not at all on N3DS?

ps4 is never happening is it?

I am having issues getting certain games to work on Luma.

Some don't show the game's logo on the top screen when you select it and work fine, while some don't do that and just get in a boot loop when I tried to start it up. I double checked and I have the latest Luma.

Any advice?

just

>This backup can only be used on this NAND. If you format your 3DS or restore another NAND (specifically if movable.sed is ever modified), it will become unusable.

So this part just means if I format I'll lose the eshop title I bought, not that it will fuck up the CFW right?

5 hours

wait all your nand backups become unstable if you format your 3ds?

I read this as >not using your dads old flashcart
>they will say this in the future

>tfw gave up and buying a flashcart for my 3DS soon

3ds.guide/dsiware-downgrade-(app-injection-and-second-3ds)
Its from this so I'm not sure. I think it means you lose your dsiware game not your nand. But the wording in the 3dsguide on a lot of things is fucking terrible.

Can't tell you how many times I've had to start a section over because something later on clarifies something earlier on that could have meant more than one thing at the time.

is this game dumped yet?

enjoy not being able to play eshop games or pokemon sun and moon.

Hey, when did this sysNAND stuff first come out? I wonder how long I've been missing out.

a9lh? like late feb march ish iirc