I hope no one in here owns a Toyota

I hope no one in here owns a Toyota

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Essex_Engine_Plant?wprov=sfla1
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oakville_Assembly?wprov=sfla1
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiwan_High_Speed_Rail#History
wsj.com/articles/japanese-leader-abe-rails-for-high-speed-trains-in-u-s-1430081956
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Oh shit should I sell mine

doesn't toyota already produce cars in the US ?
doesn't gm and ford building in mexico ?

the corolla is the best selling car in human history they DO NOT care about our market

the us market is ridiculously big tough you guys buy cars you can't even afford
china /india are going to be the ones that really count tough

This country is fucked

Why does his tweet read like an old Chinese man yelling?

You mean this country will be great again.

perhaps he has spent time conversing with them

Kek

>implying this is bad
that's exactly how politics work, see japanese car manufacturers in GB for example. go back to tumblr.

Why not , us Toyota plant .
We need him to tweet that he wants a new gen Supra and we'll be set.

>implying we didn't in fact elect Grandpa Simpson

I'm more upset that our president elect has to put "real" in his twitter name.

He's just keeping it real.

FUCK!!!!! I need to keep my Corolla GT-S Levin.

He's had that handle since 2011.

Toyota already has a plant in Mexico building Tacomas.

I hope this big boarder tax only applies to manufacturers. muh JDM GTR YO

>see japanese car manufacturers in GB for example

What's GB? what happened? elaborate for a slower lad?

Why do you "need" to sell your cars?

so what time will you set your time machine to to take us back to?

because they are made by a company that sabotages the american factory worker just to save a few bucks by paying people in mexico slave wages

Would it change anything to sell them?

Pls no bully corolla

Producing cars in america is a bad idea

So you don't own a single product that's been produced in Mexico or China?

>t. Roberto Gonzalez

Build a plant in the U Ess amigo

Ever wondered why companies produce in canada instead of the US? America offers nothing

And Canada has even higher taxes and labor costs

That isn't the point, tacoboy. We shouldn't let these multinationals get away with jewing the American worker AND the American consumer.

RAISE THE TARIFFS

TRADE WAR NOW

The real issue is environmental and safety regulations regarding the actual manufacturing of the car . American regulations are much stricter than Mexican. If a company wants to build a car in the the United States it has to abide by these regulations no matter where they sell them. A company can skirt these regulations by building plants in Mexico. These regulations put US manufacturing at a disadvantage. The answer is not getting rid of these regulations but instead making sure imports are manufacture in plants that do meet standards and either not allowing imports that don't or just enacting tariffs that make US Manufacturing more competitive. It's not fair to American workers who lose their jobs because of regulations that were meant to protect them and it's not fair to Mexican or Chineses workers who are paid substandard wages and work in substandard factories just so a corporation can maximize their profits

What about Ford?

too late, mine was built in commiefornia

Jokes on you my Toyota was made 14 years ago

Canadian here, that's bullshit

Nothing gets made here but maple syrup

>tfw my car was built in Michigan

feels good mang

What is that?

>t.Trevor Cuckingston the Third
Mexico is part of North America FYI

>not using central america

ew

You're a retard. If the manufacturer has to pay a tax, they'll just increase their prices to negate the extra money they spent on taxes.

>Americans have to choose between their cars being built by Pedro Goucho or by LaTravius Dindu and Cletus "Bubba" Dangit III.

>bubba dangit

lost it

>worrying about a tiny tax increase on a potential new car purchase built in a factory that does not yet exist

You kids need lives.

Because we give them free land and free electricity

>they DO NOT care
It's true. Toyota truly doesn't give a fuck about anyone.

>yfw in 5 years taxes are going to render all non-American cars too expensive leaving Americans choice of Ford "cuckoboost" and GM "eternal BTFO"

Thanks for Correcting the Record.

b-but muh jobs
muh economy

You're a fucking idiot

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Essex_Engine_Plant?wprov=sfla1

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oakville_Assembly?wprov=sfla1

Manufactures build plants in Canada because the workers will let the suits fuck their wives in return for giving them a job.

t. Knower

You also neglect to mention organized labor. I'd rather have my car built by Pedro who'd lose his job if he fucks up than by someone who has to fuck up 10 times in a row before you can sue the union in order to fire him.

The tariff is a fine idea if Trump can pull it off, though.

People don't really do much anymore on the assembly line except press buttons and maneuver things around. And drive the car out of the factory once it's complete.

>1933

Not if they have plants here. Which they will do because the US is too large of a consumer to ignore.

Nice photo of a Kia factory you've got there. Meanwhile at the Corvette factory. This is already the poster child of America, and still all you see are overweight middle aged men in t-shirts and jeans leisurely walking around in something that looks like a slightly better repair shop.

lol

Whole GM is a fucking joke.

>he doesnt know

Nissan Scum detected

And higher quality of life

enjoy your invasion of muslim refugees, leaf?

t. Pablo

based ferd

even the shine on the cars looks cheap, like polished plastic

>Trump puts in tariff on foreign made vehicles
>companies stop bringing vehicles here due to the cost.
>GM and Ford have no competition like the prehonda Toyota days.
>Quality drops like a rock because american workers get paid trash wages after unions disbanded, and no competition to drive quality.

GG america

Just like in good old 1978.

1987 baby

>10%
>tiny

Im sure thousands is nothing to you

A Japanese car company needs to build its cars in the USA?

Come on Don. You're miles better than Hillary, but surely you can't expect everything to be Made in USA

Glad he's setting up a workforce that'll be cucked by robots in 10 years. Made in USA won't mean much when it's 100% automated.

I really miss the 80s

Back when things were simpler and I didn't have to worry about being alive

also group B and siqq pop up headlights

The 80s were pretty bad overall though. High crime, dirty as fuck, economy barely starting to turn around after Reagan.

No American worker is happy when asked to supervise of help with Mexican car factories.

American factory workers in Mexico temporarily staying there have complained about problems with Mexican drug cartels before.

You can't really trust Mexican police after all.

Not only that but a lot of cartel members are ex-Mexican military or ex-police.

This

>paying for a degree in a career that can be automated

???

didn't you hear? all jobs are gonna be automated in 10 years!

automation is a fuckin' meme. anyone who actually works in the manufacturing industry knows exactly what a meme it is.

>car companies will just pull out of US market
Nice fantasy

People will still buy Toyota even with a price jump, good product sells

Why does it matter where a Japanese company wants to build anyways? America can't have all the jobs

Because America is Toyota's biggest market.

>America can't have all the jobs

Corolla currently assembled in Cambridge, ON
By non mexican Canadians

Also
Oshawa - GM
St. Catharines - GM powertrain
Alliston - Honda (engine & vehicle)
CAMI Ingersoll - GM
Cambridge - Toyota
Woodstock - Toyota

You've never been to an Automotive Assembly I can see

>they'll just increase their prices to negate the extra money they spent on taxes.
Car A and Car B are similar and share a target audience, both are priced at $30k.

Car A's production is outsourced to Mexico to increase profits, price stays the same.

Gov. begins charging large border tax to import Car A, manufacturer raises cost to $40k to cover the cost of the tax.

All of Car A's customers start buying car B instead.

The tax takes away incentive to manufacture cars overseas, which increases corporate profit but siphons money out of the US economy.

So in the end instead of both being priced at 30k, one will cost 40k because of import taxes and the other will cost 38k because of fat redneck union salaries.

fucking retard

So buying a car in america is going to become more expensive thanks to trump, hehe

dodge stratus

but...reagan was president from 1981-1989

>companies stop bringing vehicles here due to the cost.
except most of them already have fucking factories here you retard

Remember that the Japanese government is heavily intertwined with their companies which is why Japanese debt is mainly internal not external.

Trump doesn't really need to talk with Toyota's CEO, he just needs to discuss with Prime Minister Abe, the person who actually holds the power in Japan.

Trump can make a deal with Abe. Abe pressures Toyota back home in Japan.

Everybody wins in the end.

And you know how Trump will do this?

By fulfilling Abe's dream which is Japanese bullet trains being exported to America.

You know that for 8 years straight, Abe failed to convince Obama to buy Japanese bullet trains despite Abe even offering to fund half the cost of making Japanese bullet trains operational in America?

And Japanese Bullet Trains are one of the key highlights of the 2020 Japanese Olympics.

If Trump says he will help Abe with exporting Japanese bullet trains to America, Abe will help Trump deal with Toyota.

You need to understand how Japanese society works.

It is very hierarchical. Prime Minister of Japan > Toyota CEO

What your saying sounds plausible but i feel like it won't quite work that way.

>Abe's dream which is Japanese bullet trains being exported to America.
>You know that for 8 years straight, Abe failed to convince Obama to buy Japanese bullet trains despite Abe even offering to fund half the cost of making Japanese bullet trains operational in America?

Holy shit! i had no idea. does he/his country stand to gain that much money if they were to sell their trains here? i don't see any other reason he (a leader of a country) would be so fixated and go that far out on trying to get a product here.

I know Hollywood has recently been pandering to the Chinese film market to let them sell more movies in China when its usually capped at 31 or something foreign films a year but that's usually CEOs and Producers doing that. They would slide in random Chinese product placement (basically in movie advertisement), actors and even famous chinese sports stars (in the latest transformer's movie) that would seem almost nonsensical to non-chinese viewers. It would be highly bizarre if Obama or any US President just stepped up and went out of their way to try convincing the Chinese to let them get in more american films.

Yes, Japan is really hardcore about their trains.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiwan_High_Speed_Rail#History

The government of Japan stepped in when they saw a chance to be Taiwan's first Japanese bullet train export when it was suppose to be France that would benefit since France originally won the bid.

It is essential that Japan markets their bullet trains to America because France already has home plate advantage in Europe.

You see Japan invests a lot in train technology but it would be worthless if that train technology never steps foot outside of Japan.

>I hope no one in here owns a Toyota

It's 30 years old fuk off.
I'm glad they stopped the mexican toyotas from being made, the new ones are already bad enough.

Yeah, Abe pitches his Japanese bullet trains any chance he gets.

wsj.com/articles/japanese-leader-abe-rails-for-high-speed-trains-in-u-s-1430081956

Also, remember that Abe was the first foreign head of state to visit Trump Tower.

luckily I dont have a toyota, I have a toyobaru

s...supra owner reporting in

is trump going to come to my country and shoot me?