/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

Happy new year Turkey! edition.

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:

Gamescom Siege video:
youtube.com/watch?v=pv2qb66PbUg
youtube.com/watch?v=6rq-fEc1N0I

Interviews with Armagan at Gamescom '16:
youtube.com/watch?v=3ZcBAGtXvpk

Last blog:
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/16

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/WaB1BTBJ

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

M&B VERSION ARCHIVES
>ftp://ftp.taleworlds.com/

>user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df
>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

New user created stuff:
>Undead Calradia
moddb.com/mods/undead-calradia
>Gekonewer
mega.nz/#F!itxViDAT!PhBfJWsjATkdqN28V2kZ5g
>Dickplomacy 4.3.0.7b
mega.nz/#!o5g3nAiY!Mv1fVljpCfCWykQW-fTqycWvq4zQ-5aRuTxUpMsN_F8

>"I made a mod recently or updated it. Wat do?"
Link to the OP in your post so that it might be easier to find for the one making the next OP (also for regular people).

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h0txZBDDSA4
awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Ragged_Standard
youtube.com/watch?v=1HgwbY3JEig
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

rollan in the new current year

EXTERMINATE BATTANIAN FUCKING SHITS

no memes allowed below this post

I'm going to make a sheepfucking immortal battanian with a focus on athletics named jimmy in bannerlord now

Give me Bannerlord or I'll shoot up a school. You will be the one to blame, Ginge!

First for Buddha Vult!

>yfw you go to jail for this post
>yfw benderlord comes out the day after you're incarcerated

to the guy asking about battlesize:
300-400 is pretty fun
200+ is the minimum
what i've heard is the game engine will have problems somewhere over 400+ no matter what specs you have.

depends on the mod
if it doesn't have advanced formations or any sort of formation AI you can set it higher

So how do you punks account your kingdom?

New Kingdom so still a bit bare. Am in process of making changes. Horizontal gaps in fiefs imply future changes. Will likely create locked column of unassigned fiefs. Lord Goffraidah defected with his town.

I play 800 and it works fine.

Though the maps are a bit too small for that size.
The enemy usually end up creating a wall formation that will hit the edge of the map and stuff.
I'll probably drag it down to 550-600. Should be a nice size.

300 is the sweet spot for me

>I play 800 and it works fine.
45 fps is not "fine"

>he can't into cinematic 30 fps

During my hours spent playing "Arma" I learnt that if you want big cool battles you have to sacrifice some FPS, so I do.
I'd rather have that many units on the field for a great big battle with less FPS than half those units and more FPS.

400 battle size reporting.

Depends on mod but at 400 its not uncommon to see spawning issues, namely for mod makers that create claustrophobic spawning areas. The engine tends to handle these anomalies remarkably well.

>you must have 60fps minimum at all times

good luck trying to parry consistently with an unstable framerate

yes

>battles with 500+ troops
>getting stuck in yourself
at the very least you're probably going to be mounted with that many troops anyway, so it's not like you're going to need to block that much

the game is boring if you just sit on a horse with a shield and let the AI do everything

considering more men in warband really doesn't do much, yeah
especially when you have no formations mods

>Not leading from the front

Actually does quite a bit. The more subtle changes being minimizing reinforcement waves and follow up battles.

Formation mods are overrated on the player end. For AI it's pretty nice but is frequently give and take.

>The more subtle changes being minimizing reinforcement waves and follow up battles.
which just makes battles faster
>Formation mods are overrated on the player end.
not really, there's only so much you can do with the WFAS formations, not to mention the mods that add bonuses to formation cohesion

>which just makes battles faster
"Just" is a bit understated considering how much IRL time this will save you. At the cost of total renown unfortunately.

It also has implications in infantry densities, cavalry horse obstruction, concentrated fire from mass archers, and differences in ranged output between invaders and defenders.

except it's just scaling up so the actual impact is just in time
battle size really only makes a difference when the sizes are so small the player can continuously solo them till they run out of troops

You can literally solo a 150 battle size if you have enough arrows. Hell if they have no arrows you can just circle them it just takes forever. Ive done it on a 300 battle sie with infinite arrows and a fast horse. Also having large battle sizes makes sieges harder (a plus) and makes tactics and elite troops not as over powered as you need a swath of troops to beat people not just a few elites and large tactics bonus.

yeah it makes sieges harder because the spawning fucks up and the troops spawn inside buildings
still planning on doing a native playthrough with a high battle size due to the lack of performance strain in native, but i might have to change the battle scenes

You don't seem to understand the difference between combined arms. So let me present a simple example:

1 Huscarl vs 1 Rhodok Sharpshooter
and
100 Huscarls vs 100 Rhodok Sharpshooters

Is very different.

As is:

1 Swadian Knight vs 1 Nord Huscarl
vs
100 Swadian Knights vs 100 Nord Huscarls (Assuming tight formation)

The difference should also be obvious in that Lancer AI not only engages in a melee by default but that high numbers of troops will lead to Cavalry obstructing each other, disallowing a full lancer charge.

More huscarls the better. Probably worth the most not in a siege.

I'm posting Cao Cao in honour of the poster who was posting in honour of the original Cao Cao poster until we get a good Romance of the three kingdoms mod.

there's a difference between 1v1 to 100v100 and 100v100 to 200v200
there's diminishing returns after a certain point, disregarding the fact most map scenes aren't build for troop sizes higher than 75v75
>disallowing a full lancer charge.
which just sounds like another reason for not using a higher battle size since it just fucks up cavalry from performing how they should

Anyone got tips for survival in Banished?

you need more food
always

The scenario is similar to Zealot vs Marine. 1v1 Zealot vs Marine will always go to Zealot barring micro and upgrade differences but given enough troops its not even a contest:

youtube.com/watch?v=h0txZBDDSA4

This is part of the reason why mass Rhodok Sharpshooters are so good in endgame and why melee vs ranged can be difficult to balance.

it's more indicative of native's terrible balance

what mod has "good" balance?

Due to the diminishing returns it actually makes it easier to have combined arms between different troop types. Part of the reason why mass is so good in base Warband is because the troop numbers are small to the point that diminishing returns does not effect individual unit types much. Whereas with higher troop sizes the difference between 50/50 infantry/archers and 100% archers starts to shift in favor of the balanced army since the Archers will start blocking each other.

For this reason Cavalry is actually more balanced in larger battle sizes. Why would you consider mindless F1+F3 mass knights a GOOD thing? Further what kind of an idiot commander would place all of their troops in a nice neat line for Lancers to neatly impale them?

1257, geko, VC
native's pretty poorly balanced because it revolves around massing top tier faction power units
>starts to shift in favor of the balanced army since the Archers will start blocking each other.
not by default since they start standing in one big line
or you use rows with WFAS and sit them on a hill so the elevation difference forces them to all be able to fire
>Why would you consider mindless F1+F3 mass knights a GOOD thing?
never said that, i said making cavalry not able to do their job is pretty shitty

Its just an illustration of the principle of combined arms and why mass ranged will tend to destroy mass melee in open terrain. Starcraft actually exaggerates this due to the marines being able to shoot through each other unlike Warband. Further Starcraft marines can maintain perfect discipline and accurately fire while engaged. Archers tend to either be weak in melee or; in Rhodok Sharpshooter's case, be incompetent against Cavalry due to having short reach weapons.

This is a camp follower

Say something nice to her

What is the absolute best mod to remove kebab

1257 or sands of faith

>not by default since they start standing in one big line
You can manually position the infantry in a separate line if you aren't incompetent.

Archers being in a single line by default actually makes it more difficult to mass archers. Being able to capitalize on geographical advantages is not a flaw,

>never said that, i said making cavalry not able to do their job is pretty shitty
Cavalry can still do their thing though - All I am asserting is the very diminishing returns you mentioned is a GOOD thing to motivate mixed armies for max combined arms. Lancers obstructing each other and engaging in a melee after the initial charge will happen even at 150 battle size.

making a troop the best foot archer in the game while giving it one of the best shields in the game and some of the best sidearms in the game isn't exactly well balanced

>Make-up
>Chainmail cowl with dress
>Make-up
Disgusting

>Archers being in a single line by default actually makes it more difficult to mass archers.
depends on the size of the map i'd say
but WFAS formations are best for ranged divisions, especially since advanced formations don't actually do anything for ranged units
>Lancers obstructing each other and engaging in a melee after the initial charge will happen even at 150 battle size.
depends on formation style anyway
using a single line of cavalry won't get them jammed up but it will get them picked off easier and they tend not to dent a formation as well

I'm not arguing that Warband is perfectly balanced by a long shot. Just that mass ranged isn't exactly an unbeatable strategy.

I really wish that Warband had Lords with gimmick armies like this. Bannerlord more than anything needs Lords with unique army compositions (Infantry/Archer/Cavalry) and a few AI templates (Rather than two)

what mod

it's a lot easier to win with in native though due to the balance issues and the lack of lords being able to do similar strategies as the player, not only on the field but in troop composition

She and those like her serve as good stress relief for my army when taken prisoner.

>I'll seduce the guards
every time

Why are the interiors of 1257AD castles so broken!?

stop going into haunted castles user

ACuCK 2.1 with customized troops

why are they called ragged

awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Ragged_Standard

you said those were custom, did you just make them with morgh's or does ACOK actually have custom troops

mount&feast when

Try the Dynasty warriors mod

is there a way to fix this that isnt disabling the kill feed

its TLD

looks like a font issue
did you modify the font.txt or font_data at all

nah I didn't modify the files at all after I downloaded them

Did you follow the install instructions exactly?

Morgh's

yes

I, Caligula Caesar, in the name of the senate and people of Rome, approve of this post.

>You will never have a pure steppe waifu

Why even live?

I might host AZW tomorrow if there's interest for it.

>yfw you realize Frank's community manager position is really just a cover for his position in the Turkish secret police

Its time

Foot Knight is Best Knight

Daaaamn, Jordan is crazy.

never forget

I play on 30 fps. Because fuck you.

How long till user does prettier female mod for new perisno?

Merely trying to inspire a new generation of foot generals to combat the mounted menace.

First post of 2017 by Taleworlds twitter account is some Reddit meme shit

What is the best way to train my troops ?

Is there any mod that maybe adds a function that i can train them?

why didn't they do this in fellowship
tld upstab submod of sorts soon

W-what is that

High trainer skill
Diplomacy mods let you hire a trainer to train troops at your castle/town from what i remember

There is literally no problem against the AI with 45fps

Warband AI is so bad and dated you could win with even 10 fps i figure

Just makes for a really shitty experience

Can you marry isolla?

I tried to decompile Nova Aetas mod using decompiler program from pastebin. Which one of these are game variable?

in di/dickplomacy i think you can

I opened up a bathouse in diplomacy how does it work how do i make money with it?

All of those are variables, just different types. They all store numbers but the : variables arent persistent between scripts. The reg1 reg2 etc. variables get deleted when the game is restarted while the $ variables are kept in the save file

I slept no more than 3 hours today so let's make it worthwhile.

ok lets roll

Thread theme coming in.
youtube.com/watch?v=1HgwbY3JEig

Stop posting this shit, gengis khan thene was better

No it wasn't.
I bet if the devs were here they would like it.

dev here, i don't like it.

Might as well.