LR Discovery

What does Veeky Forums think of the new Land Rover Discovery?

Sure looks like shit. I mean, I'm sure the butt sticking out and being vertical like that is great for cargo capacity, but it looks terrible.

Probably will be more overpriced shit. The ass hanging way out likely limits off road capability

Indian copy of the Jeep Compass.

holy shit ur right

Yeah. It's actually spooky.

Did ford hire chinese designers?

The new discovery came AFTER the explorer, nice try though

Looks much nicer in person than in photos, but I preferred the previous gen overall. The new LR design language is too soft for my liking. Having said that, it's a really nice, comfortable ride, with more interior space than you'd expect.

>Indian
I literally work in the same building as the guys who designed it, here in the UK. JLR is owned by Tata, but that's it, they keep well distant from the day-to-day running of the company.

Also, forgot to say, the Disco is pretty capable offroad, TR is a pretty comprehensive package, but the overhangs bug me somewhat.

Land Rovers current design language was first introduced in 2007 with the LRX concept, which Ford ripped off. Nice try though. :^)

>anything that isn't a Toyota Landcruiser series 200
Piece of shit.

How did Land Rover lose their way styling wise....

They had a distinct lineup and now they all look like the same generic bar of soap styling.
It woulda been okay if it was just the Evoque, but it's all of them.

The evoque shares nothing but a few queues with the new discovery. The discovery however completely copies the lines and proportions of the explorer

fuck off ford shill, ford ripped off land rover, the flex is also a rip off of the range rover

Not the guy you're replying to, but the new Discovery started the design process in 2011, a few years before the concept came out. The new LR design ethos began shortly before Tata's takeover, and everything's evolved from there.

In any case, automotive design is a murky world where everybody steals from everybody else, and there's a shitload of industrial espionage. Hypothetically, who's to say that Ford didn't nick the design, but then had the resources at the time to put it into production before JLR?

The resemblance is uncanny

Yeah, personally I think it doesn't even look half that bad. Not as good as the Disco 4 or the Defender, but it's still alright. From the promo vids I've seen it seems designed for off road driving and taking your family on trips.

Ford is become china. All their cars are copies
They even copied a hyundai tucson of all things