/wpsg/ - WoW Private Servers General

We back edition!

So what's going on with servers other than Nostalruseium?

Vanilla:
Crestfall is still in development. Something of a Corecraft-esque project in terms of release date predictions, but they don't seem to want to pay quite as much attention to detail as CC, and they're a bit more vocal about development (but not open source.)

TBC:
Hellground: its coming back! The devs are wiping the old character database, adding back attunements, modifying raid content a little bit and releasing a progressive version of the server. This is the only chance we will get to play progressive TBC in a while on a server that isn't completely shit or P2W, and its likely there will be a new Veeky Forums guild there, too. Website: hellground.net.

Atlantiss: the Cata server (atlantiss.eu) is developing a TBC server called Netherwing. Some say its promising, but since the testing so far is closed, its difficult to say. This project will also be progressive.

Gummycraft (aka. Burning Crusade and Valiance WoW):
Gummy's advertising campaign for the server has been going well and its gaining traction amongst ledditors and the like. This one isn't progressive. Its also going to be hosted on the US (or in America at least, apparently) and uses questionable advertising techniques, bashing other servers and other devs as well as claiming credit for work they didn't do with a lot of technical mumbojumbo to make it all sound very impressive to the ignorant. Quality-wise looks alright. But we all know about Gummy's moodswings. Website: burning-crusade.com.

WOTLK:
Sunwell.pl, the Polish server known for their TrinityCore fork Sunwell Core, released their server again recently, apparently assisted by some Theatre of Dreams devs or at least their administration (or maybe they just jumped ship.) Its progressive and they've just released, Naxxramas and T5 were not immediately released but will come in about a week. The server now has an English speaking website, but is still heavily Polish.

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.hellground.net/topic/49090-open-discussion/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for wpsg is dead. no more icecastle for you.

i gave up.
im just playing on warmanse wotlk server because of the population.
atleast warmane is not going away and is always available.

So is the hellground revival really happening? Meer and co. are coming back, arent they?

Meer and co will not be able to resist the temptation that is fresh progressive Hellground. T. Finnish man.

Dude I don't know if Meer leading is going to get us anywhere. We really need some fresh blood for leadership, somebody to step up and organize the damn guild. But people up for that are all WOTLK players who want raid ICC all day long on a WOTLK funserver.

got link for the old thread?

Its still in the archive:
But it was made by some vanilla babby mad about people discussing better servers in their leddit-ridden thread.

Anyone playing on roleplay heaven?

you mean frostgale?

where did the gd kids go anyway? one would have thought they would never get enough of wrath.

some of the gd kids are playing with normie guilds, because they cant get enough of 24/7 icc farming

God damn. Hope old Video Games fuya come back for HG, maybe even Alliance this time for a change.

I have never really played WoW... Can I join some of you guys in a private server and be pro-tier healer?

TBC is the only wow content im hyped for now. I started retail during TBC but I was a total noob and never progressed past dungeons so there's so much raid content that I have never done. I hope HG or Netherwing is decent enough

>No more english banters during raids to fuel us.
I'm really missing it desu senpai.

Finns havent decided will they make finns only + mascots or international guild.

I wish i could have fun on hellground again...

Yeah, looks likely we will play since so many people in the guild got excited about the HG news. Not sure about faction nor language yet either as you said. Regarding faction, was even weighting Alliance due to the faction balance which will inevitably be Horde-favoured should the server gain enough mainstream interest.

Bmup

>Not blaming it on the crack/heroin addict of a tank.

they were all shit players on a shit funserver was the problem

is this a finn thread now :D?

Do alliance please so sick of horde TBC
make ret babies cry

Kylä

>Kylä

:DDDD

yes, but where is guki?

Everyone please go vote on this poll to release T5 at launch time, its the most important thing at the moment. It will kill the server to farm T4 for weeks.

gonna shill for the good choices aka blizzlike.

>some people literally wanting no tier 5 for release
What kind of a mongoloid do you have to be to seriously want to farm kara and gruul for half a year?

polish potato farmer

They should release T4 and PvP season 1, then 1-2 months later open T5, then when a guild finishes T5 end pvp season1, wait a month and start pvp season 2.

literally the only good way to do it without compromising pvp integrity.

Nobody gives a shit about your esports integerity in a roleplaying game, Ivan

>i don't care about pvp integrity
>i think there will be and real integrity in a buggy polish knock off server that can't fix netherspite in 3 years
alright

Good for you now go back to Deathside for your Russian speaking crossfaction arenas.

This is so biased against Gummy. You can roll Hellground and then wait for Gummycraft since it'll probably be years before it releases, if ever.

>2017
>not playing hellground

hd version of same screenshot

still here you faggot

I would play on hellground if I wasn't stuck at work ;_;

>wpsg? More like dead wannabe Nost server general

god damn it jacketto

how fucking brainded you have to be to raid molten core for 5 years on a bug ridden mangos shitserver
it's theater of dreams all over again
hellground will be dead in 1 month
this is objectively wrong as the guild didn't have any burgerclaps in the roster

there have been burgers in almost every gd guild though

Whether or not you like it, arena was apart of TBC.

Of course we're coming back.

I have no problem with arena, I have a problem with people who think the game was designed around it.

HYPE
Y
P
E

>fresh progressive wotlk server
>1.7k players online

im gonna roll on this, anybody wanna do raf if they have it?

Sunwell?

Argies are the best players after finns

>21 posters

top kek, the only private server worth playing is nost, this isn't a general take this retarded shit back to your anime themed discord servers sperglords.

oh yes those white as snow argies are the best

But I don't like vanilla nor having to queue every time I want to play a game, never you mind the world being so packed its nothing like playing the game back in the day.

>the only private server worth playing is nost
The other servers we've played before haven't gone anywhere and now there's plenty of new stuff coming out. I mean, you go ahead and spend all the time you want on Nost but I don't see the appeal.

>can't handle being social
>wants to play single player wow

lol just make your own little server to play with yourself shitlord.

Having to constantly fight for mobs, nodes and other resources has nothing to do with social gameplay, the game was designed for around 1500 people per shard which by the way was the Vanilla hardcap. Oh, and you may want to look this concept called Dunbar's Number up sometime - how many of those 10K people do you really socialize with in the end?
Now, back to /nosg/ to chat with the other ledditors, you.

Who's organizing a guild? Any idea on faction?

this just has to be the most autistic general on Veeky Forums even when I take in consideration /ksg/ /utg/ /lolg/ and /d2g/.
>Make guilds full of autistic people that can only spam memes 24/7
>Change server every month
>Cliques so autistic that this entire general is just one big circlejerk
>Revive the general only to die again
What is the fucking point

Since this post is unadulterated autism I imagine you fit right in.

It only became that way after the WOTLK kiddies ran the thread over the original people slowly left.

bump!

>generalizing and being wrong in your entire post
>you're all autistic
Sounds like youre getting mad about things that aren't actually happening

Whats Veeky Forums consensus of This server?

Looks fun by the population Numbers but there is always a catch

hello

pay to win, custom scripts

How much easier are Wrath's 25H raids compared to TBC's raids (if they are easier)?

Hardmodes are harder than anything from TBC, but sunwell is much harder than the normals. Kind of hard to compare since TBC is progression based and wrath is challenge based.

I WANT TBC NOW

me fucking too, I can't wait for this shit. I have everything planned already. my only worry is that since hellground doesn't push the international thing it'll only have like 1-1.5k people max, 95% of which won't even attempt to speak english and forget trying to raid outside Veeky Forums. why is it the poles that make most of the decent servers?

hi i saw wpsg was back and was wondering when the new gd guild was being made

>what is M'uru
you can outgear everything in WOTLK

Well, T7 and T9 and are worthlessly trivial. The only somewhat respectable bosses in those tiers are Sartharion10+3D (if you do it with 10-man gear only) and heroic Anub'arak-25. T6 as a whole was quite easy too for example but nothing at that level.

But when you think of Ulduar and ICC hardmodes alone instead of the whole WotLK package, it's more difficult to make a comparison. For example, gear scaling in WotLK was far greater so should we compare the bosses in state where they were first done (relevant WotLK bosses are typically tougher) or in BiS gear prior to that boss (in WotLK there's far more room to grow, especially in relation to final SWP bosses that were done and cannot really be done in anything but near-BiS gear in the first place). On similar note, while T6 is relatively easy, early TBC raids were nerfed and indirectly nerfed (2.3/2.4 badge gear, ZA loots) quite heavily and not too many people got to see the "real" versions even in retail. In private server context 3.3.5a talents are also a huge indirect nerf to Ulduar which leaves ICC that actually tends not to have too many mechanically involved encounters where WotLK (read: Ulduar) generally has an advantage.

There's no doubt in my mind that Firefighter/Lich King world firsts took greater hardship than any world first in TBC and if you transferred SK Gaming/Nihilum/Method roster from 2008 to 2010, they couldn't have competed. Indeed, this is to be expected because they had thousands of hours more experienced playing and running the guild. Yoggy+0 in 2.1 patch is also definitely more difficult than anything in TBC no matter how you twist it (same reason as M'uru: you can't brute force it with gear). But if you do the bosses like most guilds do - overgearing them due to slower progression - I'm reluctant to say there's much difference. Even in terms of execution I don't really see it given that WotLK boss mechanics are compensated for by more powerful WotLK abilities and talents.

There are a handful of actually challenging heroic encounters in Wrath, namely, Mimiron, Yoog+0 and LK. Nothing else really comes close to Sunwell's difficulty or the difficulty of Kael/Vashj before their nerfs imo. Even your run of the mill bosses feel more difficult in TBC to me at least even though they often lack mechanics, probably because the punishment is greater (losing your consumables, repairs being greate and corpse run distances being greater, not to forget respawning trash that takes time to clear.)

The biggest difference between WOTLK and TBC encounter difficulty is probably caused class design, because its completely different in the two. In WOTLK for example, healers cannot really oom so the required players skills for healers become somewhat different. A lot of classes also have saving abilities they lack in TBC, stuff like that. So with that in mind, its also difficult to compare the two. Oh, and don't forget about threat practically going away in WOTLK.

As an example of the differences between the two exansions, think of Felmyst's adds in TBC versus WOTLK. In TBC, picking the adds up properly requires a paladin tank and a good one at that, with two to three tanks assisting, and handling the phase proper is a damn big job for them. Of course, this phase in particular is not exactly the most difficult thing in the world, but where as in TBC it actually requires something from the tank(s), in WOTLK it would be completely trivial due to ranged taunts, massive AoE from all of the tanking classes, no threat(!), not to forget the self heals and saving abilities some classes would now have to fend mobs off of them.

Biggest quirk for me in wotlk is the amount of just ignoring the mechanics and just bruteforce everything. With endless mana and threat its just matter of braindead dps to do their work. Which leads to just epeeing with useless meter shitposting and so on and so on.

Money is heavily inflated in wotlk, repairs cost nothing, money floods in your bags from everywhere and you dont need to farm anything to progress your character, only farmable thing is SoH rep what you can bypass by levelling up a moneymaking profession.

Wotlk in a nutsell for me is definition of raid logging. And que simulation in Dalaran.

Don't forget to vote:

>forums.hellground.net/topic/49090-open-discussion/
everything going wrong!

what a surprise considering its taking place on the hg forums. only the hardcore casual poles of the server really ever browsw it and since aleas gm (doomnyx) has retarded opinions, their whole guild (largest on hellground) probably votes as he does.

I don't think it looks too bad now, yesterday T5 was at 25% where as now its nearing 50, and revered for heroic reps was about the same. Looks like Reddit or some other place caught wind of what was happening.

>3.3.5 talents are a huge nerf to ulduar
>even though the last major talent revamp was ulduar patch
>inb4 muh spriest haste
>muh spirit 30% spell damage bonus

ulduar gear doesn't even give enough haste, check old videos they have pretty much the same dps as seen with 3.3.5 talents

I know ulduar gear has more crit on it, i was just using it as an example

wwu @ atlantiss cata, alliance

Nah m8 hellground is the real deal

Hellground faction?

>cata

The server I play on is just adopting MoP. I have a frost mage and a disc priest. Thoughts on the expansion?

HG is TBC m8

>Playing any expansion past WOTLK
End yourself.

After you old boy.

we're waiting for (You) on atlantiss' /cata/ server, so unless hellground is the new hot cata server I dont see how its relevant here

Cuckumbers, is that you?

le aunt poisoner

based retard

kys yourselves

Damn bro.

>(dst res)

So who is leading the new guild and what faction? I don't really care but it would be cool to do alliance TBC since it's always about horde.

Is hoping for a comfy pop ~2,500 peak ~1,000 lows too optimistic for HellShit?

FInns seem to be going Alliance too, pretty likely.

>Is hoping for a comfy pop ~2,500 peak ~1,000 lows too optimistic for HellShit?
No, it used to have a pop of that level though the lows were much lower with no NA pop. The server seems to be gaining on hype and gaining new much more international players now though. Even ToD had 2k+ after launch and that server was much less known by the internatinal crowd (and also completely abandoned by Poles).

Any Finns who can reach out to someone on the HG team and help them avoid becoming ToD2.0?

Finns making an international guild or accepting token burgers?