240SX HELP

I recently bought a 240sx ka24e after it had been sitting for about 5-10 years and i got it up and running and drove it down the street and had someone record it for me and there was a bit of blue smoke coming out of the exhaust i did a compression test and all the cylinders were at 135 so im guessing the rings are ok unless they're all fucked. The smoke stopped when i parked the car and i read somewhere that if there is smoke on idle it would be a leak in the valves but there isnt so i dont know what to look at now. Any suggestions?

>buying a 240sx
Youll never stop throwing money at it.
Good luck moron

Your valve stem seals have gone hard. It's not the end of the world. I'd ignore it personally, had it on a lot of cars.

This. My KA24E was the same. They are not too terribly hard to replace, but it is a pain in the ass.

Thanks man, ill probably replace them soon to get it through smog and is there a way to check them before removing them?

Youre going to need an entire top end rebuild with timing component rebuild.

Might just be on SR's but I thought 140-145+ PSI was what you're looking for.

Only has 117k miles on it too

I owned a 240sx for almost all of highschool, not one problem and only thing i did for maintenance was change the oil once. The fuck you talkin about.

Notoriously unreliable cars

But they aren't, i just told you i owned one for almost four years. Not one thing went wrong. I bought it at 220k kms drove it to 280k. A twenty year old car... Doesn't sound notoriously unreliable to me, just don't buy a bagged one.

So because your one car was good, that means they all are?
Because i had one too. And it never stopped breaking. I have nearly 20 friends with 240s and maybe 7 of them run. And poorly so.

Lol, okay

Indeed.

No point checking them. They're probably a pound/rupee each and you may need to take out the cams to get to them (Never worked on your engine before but done a lot of valve stem seals, most old cars you can do them without disturbing much)

If you are any one of these posters, feel free to leave and take your biased misinforming shitposts (on both sides of the argument) elsewhere

lol enjoy ignorance and your money pit

I'm obviously not either of you. Nothing either of you have posted is interesting, funny or informative. You know nothing about cars and you never will if you keep this up

Oh sorry. I forgot having owned one and worked on many of them mean that i know nothing.
They are seriously shit cars m8.
Get over it

Not on the sohc ka. The valve stem seals are actually easily accessible. Google some pictures.

Yeah honestly I wouldn't mess with them unless you're doing an entire top end rebuild.

The only thing intrinsically bad about the S13 is the way coolant flows through the ka block and the stereotypical wet noodle rigidity.
Everything else is above average for a 90s jap import. Car was on 280k before I had to rebuild it.

If your gonna buy a 240, buy one two grand under budget. I bought 93 with an SR20 and have mostly been fixing all the half assed work from the swap.

is it lifted? go offroading much?

Good for you?
Youre still an ignorant fanboy

Still on stock suspension, previous owner bought a rolling shell, dropped the sr20 in then got scared when he realized how fucked the interior/wiring of the car was and sold it.

what's wrong with it?

Well he dropped the engine in then run out of money so no exaust (about to install a decent HKS system) back breaks are pretty fucked, Interior was close to gutted. My fuel pump is acting up but i knew it was on its way out and that will be (hopefully) fixed this weekend. Once the exhaust and a new speed sensor are here ill be street legal.