I fucking love the ford gt

But why did they have to go with the fucking ecoboost engine.

youtube.com/watch?v=F7oTd4cYPA8

It's KNOWN for being unreliable in the f-150's, why the fuck would they shoot themselves in the foot?

I'm not saying they had to go v8 either, i'm asking why the fuck they did not prepare for this shit?

Hell, why did they not at least make sure it works before press release. This is the 2nd time this has happened.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b_CXoPdTBUE
jalopnik.com/ford-recalls-ford-escape-for-sixth-time-in-18-months-ov-1471855972
torquenews.com/1081/ford-dominates-consumer-reports-list-most-unreliable-vehicles
fordproblems.com/trends/ecoboost-engine/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The 3.5l EcoBoost V6 has proven itself in endurance racing already.

>It's KNOWN for being unreliable in the f-150
no it isnt. its one of the first models not even released yet and press car has electrical issues. big deal.

Because ford cant build their own engine.
Or design their own car
Or assemble it either...

I hate to sound like shitposters saying "this" to themselves, but this.

yea the ford gt is designed by fiat and assembled by kia roflmao gm fangirls this stupid

I understand teething problems, don't get me wrong.

I'm asking why the fuck they did not make sure it's working before press release.

This is not the first time it's happened.

I don't discount this, but it's a road car. You want a road car to work.

This is not a track toy, it's a full fledged supercar for the street.

>brit chassis
>mazda engine
>assembled in canada
Hmm...
>inb4 damage control

THIS
it's a ford in name only. they literally got an outside company to put together parts made by other manufacturers.

i'm not even shitposting, look it up lads

It's a homologation special, basically a race car for the road.

You may be right...but that's a good thing.

Do you really trust ford to make this shit?

That's not an excuse for it shitting itself. The other bloke's right about teething problems but they should have had the brains to sort that out behind closed doors.

Do you see a mclaren shitting itself on press releases?

And ford's way bigger.

Supercars are known to be maintenance queens. The NSX was so beloved because it was the exception to the rule, even if it wasn't super fast.

>It's KNOWN for being unreliable in the f-150's

youtube.com/watch?v=b_CXoPdTBUE

it's a ford...
what did you expect?
it's a piece of shit

found gm's marketing department

Don't deny this, but regular maintenance is not the same as a brand new car shitting itself.

You don't see this problem with ferrari, mclaren, lamborghini, GTR's, hell even built supras are more reliable.

jalopnik.com/ford-recalls-ford-escape-for-sixth-time-in-18-months-ov-1471855972
torquenews.com/1081/ford-dominates-consumer-reports-list-most-unreliable-vehicles
fordproblems.com/trends/ecoboost-engine/

Don't get me wrong, i'm not knocking ford here. They should just never have gotten fucking MAZDA to make their engine.

They should have gone to toyota and gotten a fucking 2jz if they wanted a turbo 6 that bad.

Or porsche for a wonderful flat 6?

Would have sounded nicer and been a thousand times more reliable, you can't argue with my logic.

I'm not
GM is also shit

Ford GT body with a porsche engine would have been god tier, you've got me there.
I think i just came thinking about it.

Turbo Mezger engine putting out a beautiful scream, shit tons of power and reliable as fuck (who can fault porsche).

Why the fuck did they choose mazda for engines anyway? Why not make their own?

>blaming mazda
You realize ford takes mazdas well built stuff and retools it as cheaply as possible for max profit.
Cheap means unreliable.

how many are they making? 250 each year? 400k price tag? It's basically unobtanium unless you're super rich/elite.

I'm honestly not even trying to dis. It's cool, but I really don't give it much attention because of that.

For that money and exclusivity, I'd much rather have something truly exotic.

Yeah, that's what a lot of manufacturers are doing with their pinnacle cars: extremely low quantities. They can't even justify making it on their own line so they sub it out to that company in Canada to build it for them. These super elite cars are cool on one level, but now there have been so many I'm not as interested in them anymore. All the manufacturers are doing it now.

To show how progressive they are.

Its the automaker equivalent of a white feminist dating only non-whites to show off how progressive she is.

Its a conceited public display of narcissism, because they clearly could have done much better with a V8.

lmfao, why are v8 cucks so easy to trigger

TRIPS OF TRUTH

ford makes a good v8. a really good v8.

the only reason they did not use it was muh emissions to appease faggots.
of course, nearly all of the owners would have preferred a v8 sound. let's be real.

or as the other guy said, a porsche engine if they really wanted the 6.
not the fucking dyson sounding POS that can't even start at a press release.

Except nearly all of us agree there are better turbo 6's to use.

Ford dropped the fucking ball, they should have gone to porsche or toyota, not mazda.

Holy fuck youre stupid.
They didnt ask mazda to specifically build the engine for the GT.
They used decade old stuff that they had from before the split and re-tooled it (poorly) for the GT.
Ford fucked it up.

Mazda shill dected!
ford can do no wrong, stop blaming ford

>Do you really trust ford to make this shit?

Why not? I really wish they dressed up and prepped the Voodoo engine or modify the Coyote or something for racing. It would be perfect since displacement restrictions limit NA cars to 5.5 L and the Voodoo/Coyote is 5.0 (really 4.9) and 5.2 so they would've met regulations perfectly unlike the Corvette which is almost being shoved out with displacement regulations. if it were not for the 5.5 the Corvette probably wouldn't even be racing in GTLM.

Sure, it probably wouldn't have been AS lightweight as a V6 set-up but that doesn't change the fact that it still would've been fast as fuck and i heard its being restricted or having added weight ballast to slow it down so its not like the racing version is even going as fast as it has the potential to do.

Mosler MT900 had a similar weight fully dressed with an engine as Ford's super car and it was also V8 powered with an off the shelf LS engine and it fucking killed it in endurance especially for a car with virtually no factory support on the scale of Pratt and Miller.

I can imagine with Ford's budget they could optimized one of their V8s beautifully and race-prep it giving it a unique engine that really reflects the price in my opinion like in the GT350 and people love that car. I know they're sold at this point and most people probably won't care so long as its limited and expensive and people usually want limited and expensive things regardless of what they are.

They're using the hype of the car to promote Ecoboost. The Ford GT is pretty much a big advertising campaign.

In some race classes you have displacement limits, a naturaly aspirated engine can´t have as much hp/l as a turbo.

Also spark plug failiure doesn´t mean the engine is shit.

>They should have gone to toyota and gotten a fucking 2jz if they wanted a turbo 6 that bad.
stop posting please. your opinions are fucking cancerous.

>mid engine
>I6

As much as I like the I6, it is to long for a midengine car.

>paying half a million dollars for a displacement restriction

ew