/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Remove Vermin Edition

This Thread's Finished >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne Damage Calculations and Formulas
pastebin.com/YnRRZPMp

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RtT2xYZbWBs
mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne
youtube.com/watch?v=eNkefW6PIUM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>tfw too Intelligent to use Logarius' Wheel

So making an FRC isz doesn't let you do depth 5 pthumeru and loran without the d5 root chalices. Makes sense I guess but fuck me.

Does this also mean if I put the cursed chalice in storage I can't SRRC into that horrendous Amy fight people always summon for a die 3 seconds into it?

>Does this also mean if I put the cursed chalice in storage I can't SRRC into that horrendous Amy fight people always summon for a die 3 seconds into it?

I doubt it but this would be a dream come true if it worked

i don't know why people ring for that fight, it's a lot more annoying when you don't know who draws the aggro

there are many people who don't actually know how to play the game and just summon for literally every area

>tfw you run into a pve fag, 99% change a first playthrough fag too, in Mergo's middle loft and feel bad about how obviously terrified he is of you
It's kind of like jogging and a puppy runs up right in front of your feet.

I got beckoned today by someone fighting the Loran BSB and his damage was so shit he either had a +0 weapon or no gems equipped.

I can only imagine he was carried through the first layers and had just beaten Amy somehow. This was on my level 200 spelunker too.

I love mergo's for that exact reason, I used to farm echoes by pvp there.
*slow walks in front of you* with the crowsteel set style

>they try to silencing blank you away
Why do they still do this? Every single game. It even tells you right there in the item description it doesn't work like that.

>invade people who are overconfident

>get invaded
>fire blank and run to lamp
>turn and burn that motherfucker with chalice gems

Literally never gets old

The spider trick is so much fucking fun. You can almost feel their panic as they try to haul ass out of there.

Faggots trying to be cheeky are faggots I have no issues fucking up

the reason I like and defend chalice gems is that it bars casuals from being viable in pvp, if only you couldn't summon for the hard fights

I kept getting invaded on my bloodtinge character, where I leveled BLT to 50 before any other stats. The results were interesting.

The biggest barrier to the top tier radial gems and the stam and hp runes is the cursed chalice. The whole thing is too much of a cunt for casuals and cursed Amy is a fight 99% of people will blank out of. On top of that it's a one shot fest even at 50 VIT and a 10% hp rune. So I'd like to think say that Hamlet gems are about as good as the average player will get.

Also that's the wrong fucking webm.

It's especially fun when they have absolutely no fucking idea of what a proper character build is supposed to look like and have less than 700hp

I will never understand why people consider cursed Amy so hard, Hotdog was the one that gave me the most shit, Amy was a cakewalk after that fucker.

It's not Hard per se, its just really fucking annoying, boring, and if you zone out and fuck up, you have to do it all over again.
>tfw terrible feeling knowing that I will have to do it again on my 2nd character

See I had the opposite experience. Hotdog it pretty easy to read and has almost no quick wind ups besides the bite. With a summon he is trivial because you can work the legs.

Amy is a fucking asshole who you either dance around baiting slams that will kill you easily and reach across the room in phase 3, or fuck around with the tail tickle bullshit I can never get to work consistently.

doggie has so easy tells imo. amy can catch you with some bullshit and oneshot you more easily.

> level 60 character
> using Hunters Axe, blunderbuss and basic hunters set
> summoning NPC's in Byergenwerth
> get invaded
> act scared and confused
> I'm actually on NG+
> using perfect chalice gems
> invaders don't know what hit them, often get one-shot

There is nothing more fun to do.

youtube.com/watch?v=RtT2xYZbWBs
Blooborne remake with canon swap when

>Not a Saw Cleaver
Come on you gotta go the extra mile.

Imagine their "oh fuck" faces when they see a broccoli fall down and pelvic thrust into them. I should've made my arc character into a twink.

No bully pls, english is not my first language. I haven't visited bbg to do not spoil the game, but now the time has come. So, I've killed Micolash, and his last dialogue lines got me thinking. I was sure, that the whole Yhrnam/nightmare etc. all were alternative realities. But he literally says that he's going to wake up, and forget everything. So, is the whole hunt and chase after the ascending some kind of a dream-loop instead?

Dreams and Nightmares in the Bloodborne Universe are all very real but they are on a different plane of reality.
Micolash for example is dead in Yharnam and now that hes also dead in Mensis hes completely dead.

Yes, I am almost certain it is derived from spooky eastern mysticism. Are you familiar with elder scrolls lore? Just like that, the dreams are an internally realized universe stemming from facets of the dreamer. An aspect of the dream can also become a dreamer, effectively creating his own "universe". The new dream could be within another dream or the new dreamer could be an usurper of the previous dream, who knows?
this is all speculation but I'm certain the inspiration comes from the same place

>tfw Bloodborne and Darkest Dungeon together have fostered a deep adoration for Lovecraftian Horror for me now
Its amazing and suitably horrific at the same time.

Why NG+ is so fucking unrewarding?
The only thing you really get out of it is two blood rocks and it's still faster to get them via dungeons.
Was it too hard to at least go DS3's way and add better runes or gems or whatever?

scared newfriend impersonation is the best
though douchebags usually notice that something fishy is going on judging by my hp bar

>Why NG+ is so fucking unrewarding?
NG+ and beyond is unrewarding in every Souls game.

DS2 and DS3 have pretty motivating NG+ though DS2 by itself plays like absolute shit.
There's no reason for not giving at least stronger gems on NG+ in BB the same way you can get +1 rings in DS3.

>better rings
fucking boring, ds2 had the best ng+ by far

you can buy chalice dungeon materials from messengers in ng+

>DS2 and DS3 have pretty motivating NG+ though
Going through the entire game again just for some better rings isn't "pretty motivating"

>There's no reason for not giving at least stronger gems on NG+ in BB
That's what the chalice dungeons are for. You can get by with the base gems no problem but if you want to put in the extra work to get better gems then you can.

The idea of DS2's ng+ was good, but the game was simply too shit to bother with it again.
If BB had the same amount of new ng+ content it would be an ideal game.
Also make bell maidens permanent at all areas at all times.

Agreed. The idea of BB with a world tendency system or DS2 style NG+ makes me happy

Help me out lads, I wanna make a co-op build with a target level of 50. Is there a build that can reliably work at level 50?

mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne

Do I need to level BLT to make the rifle spear work?

Not at all, it's a SKL weapon. Just reach base requirements for BLT.

>tfw playing BB from release but too jew for PS+ so I only PvE
>now I just feel insecure to go online
I feel it's about time to bite the bullet and get wrecked in pvp

just coop, it's more fun

How would a Logarius Wheel on a pure strenght build? Is it worth it or do i need to level arcane for it to be good?

Get out casual, you aren't welcome here

make a twink. anything can work with gems

skl is pretty solid around 50, you can enchant and use blood pellets, and you just have to level up vit and skl
once you reached maria, you can get the rakuyo, while already having the church pick, and you can farm +22% droplets on ham lanterns

Is there a certain range with the blunderbuss beyond which you can hit but cannot parry?
I've always used the pistol, and now that I've switched I swear it only staggers at long range, but won't parry

hey micomico

binding some eyes today?

Hi I just started the game it's my first playthrough.

Is the Saw Cleaver worth upgrading or I should wait for better weapons? I kind of want to go into a strength build.

saw cleaver is the best, use it until you get whirlimeme saw or wheel

get out of the thread and enjoy the game
saw cleaver is fine

What about the hammer? Is it good?

yes, not sure how far the cutoff is though, its not very far though

honest as said, for your first playthrough try everything you can, get s feel for the game, enjoy it before you get sucked into the meta memes and all that

Yeah I just don't want to end up regretting what I've done later in the game. I'm just done with the first area and it was really great.
Alright, I'm out.

you wont regret anything whatever you do really, and if you want to buy into the meta memes and all the other bs that goes on here then make another character and make it more specialized. hope you enjoy the game m8

anyone need help giving and bosses the business or help with any areas (apart from FRC, havnt done those because im lazy)?

youtube.com/watch?v=eNkefW6PIUM

mind helping for HMPH Lhyll?
pass is hmph

il give it a go, searching now

How much better is the ludwig rifle?
Is its parrying range comparable to the normal pistol?

>doing the pray gesture when pressing x to recolt echoes
>during orphan fight
>he misses
that's kinda cool

Oh shit

id keep the pistol mate, the rifle isnt too good either (imo)

>Lhyll
>L

sixaxis gestures in this game are complete bullshit

Yes, but it's slower and it has too much recoil

That was pretty honorable.

really got fucked at the end there

Might as well, I've already got the timings down for every boss in the game

I'm surprised because of how good the hitbox is. SOMETIMES

thanks cyanide bro, mind helping for headless beast?

yep, same password?
let me know when youre ringing

OUT FUCKING SKILLED

did you get rip?
was getting a drink because the coop search usually takes fucking ages

Can any lorefags enlighten me? What parts of BB are dreams and what is real? Is anything we see in the game even real?

The homeward bone equivalent says "awaken as if nothing happened". So the Yharnam is a dream? And the Hunter's Dream is also a dream? Are they layered or something?

my bell was still ringing and I was in the alternate room
got fucked up by the dudes throwing molotovs (covered with oil)

>vlatr is in the forbidden woods
>he's dead since a long time
no, user, nothing is real

who knows. it doesn't make sense when you poke around in it unless you just make up your own explanation.

Does the network name option make the other players see your character's name as opposed to your PSN name? Or is it the other way around, and it would show ME the character names instead of player names?

still searching

are you still ringing m8 or am i searching for something thats non existant

What's the recommended levels for the chalice dungeons?

Basically while connected to the dream you are immortal
You treat the waking world as if it were any other dream, so when you "die" you just wake up

i was ringing the whole time, kek I'm dying when you finally come

lol as soon as i entered you get rekt

I'd say multiply the dungeon's Depth by 20-25 and you'll get the recommended level.

hell yeah I beat FRC Pthumerian Descendant on my first try and I was using the tricked bloodletter exclusively. Was kind of disappointed to see there wasn't a 4th layer to this dungeon (pwmf22gu)

it took me like 20 tries before I finally beat Loran Darkbeast on FRC. It's so weird how you cant lock on and so you always have to roll for him, but he hits you during your i-frames and just pushes you around without doing any damage. I just try to get under his legs so I can swing around and hope I can soften up/break his hind ones

The latter
I keep it on, and yet I still see people with numbers in their names

ringing again m8

You mean the former? But yeah, I thought it was weird if anyone would add numbers to their actual character names.

they're not exactly dreams as you think
they are alternate realities, copies from reality, past or not
dream mean friendly, nightmare means threatening

No I mean the latter. Its showing me their charcter names, they just have shit like "edgelord668" for character names
Why they do this is beyond me