Why did it become cool to hate on the bible?

Why did it become cool to hate on the bible?

During the Enlightenment.

With the advent of Puritanical streaks of Christianity, coupled with wide dissemination of the Bible, it was only natural that eventually the Bible would be seen as oppressive and hateful, because a lot of people had to grow up under parenting that made them deathly afraid to ask questions or live their life. Heck, even Dostoevsky covers this in The Brothers Karamazov: Smerdyakov, as a child, asks a question about a contradiction in Genesis and Grigory, in indignation, beats him for it.

For many, the Bible is associated with that to this day. Say whatever you will about William Lane Craig, but at least he's right that parents discouraging the natural inquisitiveness of children is the major reason many people who are raised as Christians end up hating the Bible. Children should be encouraged to ask questions, even if such questions scandalize their parents.

You're using your trip again. I guess you're a liar. Guess I shouldn't have expected any different from a heretic who believes Jesus was born from anal sex.

Calm down, I don't use it for most of my posts. I only use it every once in a while to see whether or not people are more likely to disagree with a trip.

You also need to get a tripcode

Because the bible was considered the dopest shit ever for a long ass time. Simple counterculture. The reason modern edgy atheists fedora tippers don't bash on Buddhism for its equally ridiculous statements (or any their religion/religious text) is because it was nearly as prominent in the west and had minimal impact on westerners.

>I only use it every once in a while to see whether or not people are more likely to disagree with a trip.

Holy fuck, newfags use trips. Kill yourself. Tripfags have never been wanted here, fuck off , kill yourself etc. etc. I know you want to reply to this post, it's what trips do, all I did was insult you - there is no value, you still want to reply. You're a pretentious cunt with your head so far up your ass you probably smell shit all day.

No one was allowed to criticise it and most country's government was intrinsically tied to the church

Suddenly with the rise of the middle class and the collapse of the aristocracy, the bourgeois and mercantile class lead to more populist ideals which in turn lead to Republics and these Republics got more and more away from the church.

with the exception of some dank shit that Jesus, Matthew, and a few cool bros like Issaiah said it's lrt

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Veeky Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

It's because of the worshipers who cherry pick what they choose to believe in and screech at everyone else they're sinners.

Cause satan took hold of us. Repent. Ask for forgivnes of the lord your god and hope for absolution.

nihilism has turned everyone into lions but too little into babies.

and now that the temples are fallen lions must die of starvation or cannibalism

>Why did it become cool to hate on the bible?
it's not just on the bible, m8.
just look around.

This seems to be less about puritanical Christianity and more about its relative place in human understanding and how as it explained relatively less it caused more dissonance to treat it so highly.

/thread

When the bible followers started getting anal about extremely minor details.

>Why did it become cool to hate on the bible?
Because people were able to read it.

*tips

That's not "cool" outside of a few obscure internet forums. Christians are still the majority in much of the Western World and even in the non-religion part hating on the Bible would be seen as ridiculous even by many secular folks who just prefer to ignore the whole thing.

The idea that Christianity is "hated" is a myth believed by radicals because they thinks that if they can't openly force their religion upon others they're somehow "oppressed".

What's the point of this image?

>All who have sinned without the law will also perish without the law, and all who have sinned under the law will be judged by the law. For it is not the hearers of the law who are righteous before God, but the doers of the law who will be justified. For when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do what the law requires, they are a law to themselves, even though they do not have the law. They show that the work of the law is written on their hearts, while their conscience also bears witness, and their conflicting thoughts accuse or even excuse them on that day when, according to my gospel, God judges the secrets of men by Christ Jesus.
Romans 2:12-16