Sup Veeky Forums

Sup Veeky Forums.

I have a 2016 WRX, about 7k miles on it. I'm considering trading it for a 2016 Challenger Scatpack. Thoughts? Good idea/bad?

Pic related, the car im looking at.

Pic is my current car.

Wrx not pulling tail like you expected? Just have depreciation fetish?
Realized your actually a baby boomer?

Never got the car to pull tail. I got bored of the car once I realized the stock tune on it is incredibly deceptive and it has no power aside from a short burst of turbo pull around 4k rpm. I've considered keeping the car and just modding it, but to get what I want out of it is going to take a lot. I'm not a baby boomer, I do love classic rock though.

>falling for the wrx meme: the thread

Best idea of your life that car is fast as fuark

There are better ways to waste 40 grand.

Go get a Shelby, it's a better car in every way. Better than your shitty Scooby and better than some Chrysler product.

should have got STI, ya blew it

why wont you consider a tune before selling?

Because secretly he thought the car would pull girls but now he realizes the only ones who pay attention to Subarus are other faggot guys.

Women love loud RWD cars that rumble, not shitty nipcars that sound like ass.

>Women love loud RWD cars that rumble, not shitty nipcars that sound like ass.
this is wrong and you know it.. women like jeeps,new suv's, and brotrucks

Middle-aged women like new SUVs. White trash girls like brotrucks, and obnoxious TUFF GIRLS like Jeeps.

Proper women like riding in a monstrous RWD car with heaps of power.

My car choice has nothing to do with chasing pussy. I have a g/f im happy with. The car just does not have the amount of power that I want.

>Proper women like riding in a monstrous RWD car with heaps of power.
implying they would even know or care it's rwd, implying they would know what "heaps" of power is

tune it you mongoloid, then decide to keep or not, tell me why you didn't buy sti if you wanted more power. it's about same price for base sti as limited wrx

I don't feel like tuning and trashing my warranty on a car with 7k miles on it. And I didn't buy an STi because the actual performance difference isn't worth the 10grand extra you pay.

They know that a RWD shakes violently when the ass end breaks loose from heaps of power. This excites them.

Slamming the gas on an AWD 4 cylinder and listening to little whooshing noises like some symphony of cuck farts doesn't quite have the same effect.

Your GF isn't happy with you, that's the problem m8.

what does warranty matter if you are considering selling, at least it's a start where you wanna get. And bullshit sti is 10k extra. how much out the door for your wrx? limited's ive seen at 32k

Lol no it fucking isn't, the base STi is like $4500 more or something - that's a 15% jump. The base STi is also missing some random shit that the WRX Limited has.

Either way, the STI has the opposite problem - it doesn't really properly spool up and hit it's stride until 4000rpm.

If he wants a V8 then he should get a V8 - extremely different experience from a turbo 4 (and this is coming from a 2017 WRX owner), tuned or not.

Although I am kinda curious as to why he's going for the Challenger rather than Mustang or Camaro - it's the slowest and heaviest of the three. Although I guess the Challenger also has the best visibility and is the most comfy...

>what does warranty matter if you are considering selling

Uh, cause if i tune my car and it blows up out of warranty, I have a 30k rock sitting in my driveway that I can do nothing with. I'm not going to trade my blown up car for 10grand when its worth 25k.

Go for it!

4.5k extra for alot more car is notbad, alot of aftermarket for the old engine. Limited features are bullshit

He's got a premium, which means that he could have been out the door for as little as 28-29k. Limited STI STARTS at 39k.

I paid 28k out the door for my car. I think I got a pretty good price on it.

Not all tuners are incompetent

Manual or auto WRX?

>which means that he could have been out the door for as little as 28-29k
maybe for a used one sure
how many miles when you got it?

>29K for a 4 cylinder commuter car

holy fuck nigga I shiggidy diggidy

Manual.

Looking at 8speed auto challenger. I know, auto for fags etc, but the 8 speed is supposedly a really nice gearbox, and it's faster.

As to why not Mustang or Camaro, looks primarily, Challenger still looks like a muscle car. Mustang looks *okay* Camaro looks like complete dogshit, I'm not buying another ugly car.

She'd only been with one other guy, but he was black so the interior was pretty trashed. That's why I got it so cheap.

>wants a "muscle car", especially for appearances
>demands it in automatic

what the fuck you are some special kind of faggot you really are

even the most watered down ignoramus would laughs at people who drive "automatic muscle cars"

hard to believe, i was lucky to get offered 28,400 on a 17'base WRX after getting quotes from dealers in 100 mile radious

>Looking at 8speed auto challenger
kill you are self

I was in there for 6 hours negotiating, I got every single penny they were willing to give. They were not very friendly to me at the end. The salesman bought me lunch to try and seal the deal, lol.

If he's interested in drag racing, automatics are actually faster. Not as fun to drive, but faster.

However he's buying a pigfat, slow as fuck challenger, so even with the auto he isn't gonna win any drag races.

faster than what you shitlord, a manual Shitpack Challenger is still faster than 80% of the shit you'll encounter at a stop light

unless you can't shift, which you probably can't if you've been driving a fuckin WRX

Comparable mustang/camaro is not considerably faster than the Challenger, maybe slightly.

Based on his taste in cars I'd say he's primarily interested in chicks with dicks.

>the salesman told me to get the fuck out or sign the papers, he wasn't wasting any more of his day with my jewish ass
>I bought him a happy meal in an attempt to apologize and get a better deal, but he told me the only way I'd get the car now is if Tyrone from the garage could work my ass in with a breaker-bar
>needless to say, I got the car I wanted :^)

>roasting someone for getting a good deal on a car

Kek

Scat pack is 0.1 seconds faster on a 0-60 pull than a regular GT Mustang and regular SS camaro, but costs about $8k more than either of those.

The challengers are slower, you have to go up in trim level to get more power and pay more to be on the same level as the GT and the SS, and if you had the GT or SS, with the money you didn't spend on the challenger, you could just get a supercharger setup and some suspension mods and embarass any challenger you came across.

Do it, this car puts a smile on my face every morning and mashing the pedal and hear that engine roar is the best part of my day

I take the long way home so I can cruise and hoon around.

2 things you should definitely get:

Locking gas cap
Mopar Mud flaps

Auto or manual?

Nice color choice too.

>take the long way home so I can cruise and hoon around.
in an autotragic heavy boat, seems like a blast

Don't forget the extended warranty - Chrysler makes the shittiest cars on the road.

They are literally worse than KIA at this point.

Auto, no one in my family had a manual to practice on .

Ya, I don't want a mustang or camaro though.

What are you so butthurt about?

How do you like the gearbox in it? Sounds like you can't compare it to other expereinces in a manual, but are the shifts quick? How about the paddles?

same here, difference is i wasn't a pussy and learned

Any time you make a thread, and there is any kind of proof that you actually have a job and have a car that most of these neets won't be able to afford until their parents pass away and leave them their inheritance, people get butthurt and angry. It's how this board works.

It's not a slush box, shifts quickly and the paddles shift when you tell them to not when it feels like it.

LOL that's your excuse huh? My family owned automatics and the first car I bought was a manual shitbox Mazda3. I learned to drive it on the way home from the dealership.

You take being a cuck to the next level.

>paddles

inb4 muh traffic

>can't drive stick

opinion discarded, you are 3/5 of a human being

I didn't see the point in buying a shitbox to learn on when I don't really care to drive manual.

I guess, I just honestly don't care.

K

The butthurt is palpable, though.

>the paddles shift when you tell them to

you drivin a fuckin canoe to work?

>he thinks paddleshifters are cool

I specifically asked him about the paddle shifters.

implying you would have damaged your NEW transmission learning, excuses 101

There's a difference between someone being butthurt and someone pointing out that you're a manlet driving an automatic V8 coupe. Objectively speaking, it's perfectly warranted to make fun of you for this - you are a cuck.

The fact that you bought a Chrysler just compounds it. No one here is jealous of your car, or butthurt about anything, they honestly think you're a faggot and a loser.

I dunno, you sound pretty mad to me.

manualfag salty tears

that's where you fucked up. Good luck trying to get any power out of that CVT. Sell your WRX you bought the wrong car with the wrong transmission.

>u mad bro
>u butthurt

Most of the bluecollar plebs, and especially the white collar trolls, can afford to finance a $35K car. I'm not sure how this makes you special, considering you clearly still live with your parents.

The auto guy is the one who owns the challenger. My WRX is manual.

That was me, not WRX OP.

I hear the Tremec is fine after you get a skip-shift eliminator.

Ihaveliterallyzeroinvestmentsorsavings.jpg

I love driving past houses like this, it's amazing how some people can live so comfortably when they're literally 2 weeks away from being homeless.

Unless you're asian, in which case mumma and dadda paid for everything.

These are very low quality troll attempts friend.

he has a wrx and a crotchrocket you act like he's rich, calm down your balls

>said the 16 year old with no car

From a poor mans point of view, no one can own a WRX and motorcycle and not be two weeks away from bankruptcy. When you've grown up in the dirt its hard to imagine some people have money to afford things you can't.

This. These girls back in high school last year were talking about how their cars hit 120mph and how fast that was. In fact that's what they based a car being fast by

Anyway, fuck you retards. I got more questions for challenger bro.

Did you buy new? What are some things you dislike about the car? How long have you had it?

my bad thought you was OP. have heard the WRX CVT blows up when you try and put any power to it but never looked much deeper since mines a 6 speed.

The stock tune on the new WRX is garbage. 3inch turbo back alone does wonders. put an Intake on it with TGV delete and it will fucking pull. Mine dusted a co-workers R/T challenger but his was bone stock

thats not my hosue just the garage the bike lives in. Bought that WRX cash after saving for years driving a shitbox. Bought the bike used cash. Live on my own plenty of savings working towrds getting my own house with garage so I dont have to keep shit in the folks garage.

Thank you for your concern but my finanaces are in good order.

>le I'm rich and everyone is poor meme

I think those two choices are indicative of someone who has poor financial sense - both vehicles depreciate rapidly and signify insecurity.

What do you think people see when they look at you? A human being who is worth something? Anything? Or a vapid shell spending his money on the most bland, tasteless shit he can find - as quickly as he can spend it.

Protip: It's the latter.

If you had 30 grand to spend on a Subie and another 5-8K to spend on a sportbike, why wouldn't you use that money to buy something nice? Instead you wasted it on cheap meme trinkets. Pathetic.

You've never gone over 100mph so shut the fuck up babby.

God damn this place gets worse every day.

racers don't need girlfriends

Subarus actually hold their value pretty damn well, especially WRX/STi. Even more so in the pacific northwest where I live. It's Subaru central out here. Also, whats all this shit about what car can get the most women, and what other people think about my purchases. Are you so insecure that you constantly worry what other people are thinking about you?

confirmed for live-at-home manchild

I work with a guy like you - he has a CLK and CBR600 and he's 29 years old. Lives with mom and dad, doesn't pay any rent, and is 5'5".

I seriously think I should publish a book on manlets - I find your species fascinating. Both the mental degeneracy and physical insecurities, and how they play off one another. It's miraculous, especially because in earlier times you would've been culled before adulthood.

im insecure about driving an auto challenger

I'm legit starting to think we have a higher concentration of NEETs here than /b/.

How about you go timestamp a picture with your classy ride for us.

not him but why hate on someone living with parents? racecars are most important

Yes, bought it new in August last year.

My only real gripe is the lack of locking gas cap. Literally anyone can walk up and get access to your tank.

Other than that, the car has a couple of quirks, but nothing I really dislike.

Stock tires are crap, that isn't really the car's fault. Keep them if you like the car being tail happy, but I personally bought a new set at 2000 miles and never looked back. Upgraded to 275/40/20s on all 4 corners.

If you've ever owned a car that women like, you'd know exactly what we're referring to. The "women love muscle cars" meme is really not a meme, women have always loved muscle cars. The same way they like big dicks and 6 packs.

Gay dudes love Subarus.

lol 30k for a WRX. fuck that 25k out the door brand new. you pretty close on the bike though 5k. I enjoy riding the bike any chance I get. brings me joy could care less what other people think about it. Love the car its fun to drive and does everything I need a car to do.

Down payment for a house is next on the list. Apartment life is shitty and a waste of money but wasn't ready to buy a house to be stuck with for the next 10 years when I moved out of the basement.

some people go the house route before getting the toys. To each their own.

Try again parking lot of my shitty apartment while I save for the down payment on the house. Think whatever you want about me if it helps you feel good about your situation.
>mental degeneracy
true I do watch the anime
>physical insecurities
I'm 6'1 170lbs hungry skeleton mode

No one is hating on anyone specifically for living with their parents. It's when manlets come into a thread and start flinging shit about, telling people some tall tale about how rich they are. 98% of these goddamn threads devolve into the following grandstanding:

>I work in IT or Engineering
>I have no formal education (college is for losers!)
>I make $70K a year EASY
>you're all poor and mad
>oh and you're jelly too!

It's just cancer man. Pure cancer.

Waiting on your time stamped photo of your classy adult ride pal. You've talked a lot of shit, lets see what you got.

No one said they are rich, you projected your own massive insecurities about money and about what other people think of you onto random people in a thread talking about cars.

How much did you end up paying out the door for it?

>backpedaling
>playing the victim

Typical.

Waiting on timestamped proof that these vehicles don't belong to your dad/brother/cousin/uncle/friend/etc.

Are you mad faggot? You seem agitated.

Lol, i can go timestamp you a photo of my WRX sitting in my garage right now. You going to show us your classy ride after?

wait I thinkl you are confusing
for me

I have the bike and the WRX

$38.2k out the door.

Was $41.1k MRSP.

My Scat Pack only has the Automatic and Driver Convenience Group (Remote Start, Blind Spot Monitoring, HID Headlights).

Nice man. I'm looking at a fully loaded 2016, with 10k miles on for 32k list. Seems like a pretty decent price. I am a bit hesitant to buy used with a car like this though.

not bad. With cars if you are happy with what you paid that's all that really matters. You could have gotten it lower if you wanted to continue haggling but you got it to the price you wanted to pay and now you own the car you wanted.

am semi interested in what car you drive though.
Bike is a 30min drive sitting my dads garage so only pics I have of it are gonna be on my phone
>Degenerate weeb keychain included 4u

Show us your ownership with matching driver's license and a photo of yourself holding both, otherwise it's your dad's car and he left his keys on the kitchen table.

>blind spot monitoring

oh wow...

He either doesn't have a car or he drives a complete shitbox, and trolls Veeky Forums to feel better about himself. Notice he shut up real quick after he got called out, and never posted any proof of what he drives.

>n-no I r-really do own a m-motorbike guys!
>l-l-look I h-have pics!

hahaha faggot no one gives a shit, your bike costs less than a rusty Miata