Tesla btfo?

Tesla btfo?

Discuss.

Guys

Guys seriously

Please respond

Here's your (You).

It doesn't show a (You).

It should have two doors. The Beltline is awkward. Roof is too high. GM cars all look alike nowadays, save Opel.
I don't like Tesla but their styling's pretty nice.

Electric cars need more competition, well more specifically infrastructure, need those super charging stations to be in every major stop possible I suppose, though I'm not sure how many manufacturers even use the same charging port, so there's that too I suppose.

welcome to the chink era Veeky Forums buddy
problem 2 door config aren't really popular so they stop making 2 door version to reduce the cost i think

I think a lower roof would look better and would probably make it more aerodynamically efficient, but would make it less usable. The high roof gives the rear seat more head room for taller passengers and gives the back more cargo space. The Volt has a low roof, and IMO, looks better, but the back seat is cramped and the middle seat is just a cruel joke. The cargo area is small for the segment. I like my Volt, but I like the Bolt more.

The beltline does serve a practical purpose. It being lower in the front aids in visibility, while being higher in the back aids in side crash protection where visibility is less important.

The Model S does have a much more sloped roof and similar interior volume, but it's huge in comparison. The Bolt is 13' 8" long, while the Model S is 16' 4" long. The Model S weighs about 1000 pounds more.

A two door variant would be nice to choose from.

At that price point I atleast expect an AWD.

There is a huge lack of infrastructure for J1772 compatible charging stations. They tend to be in clusters and spaced far, far apart. There is no order, unlike the Tesla Supercharger network.

I live in California and there are almost no charging stations for public use. There is only one at a Whole Foods, 3 cities away, and its cost-per-hour is too expensive to make sense on my slow-charging 3.3 kW Volt. All charging stations should charge on a per-kW basis instead of a per-hour basis.

It seems like a missed opportunity, but because of the smoother power delivery of electric cars, you may not need it depending on the severity of your conditions.

Nice. Solid and educated answers. Agree with you on almost everything. But isn't the bolt supposed to be a compact? I still think the roof is pretty high for a compact. It makes it look like a weird cross between a chevy spark and an old chevy venture.

Yes, that's a point.

It is classified as a small station wagon by the EPA, and as a crossover by GM.

not even close
its functional alright but it's ugly as fuck and zero sex appeal, which really does sell cars and tesla has shitloads of it

;-;

sorry bolt, you should have been the Jolt, even if that never existed in the first place

No, people want Tesla because the badge says Tesla. They want to be a part of a counter (car) culture movement, and say "fuck you, auto industry!" with their wallets. Even if whatever EVs the big 3 bring out were somehow superior to the model 3, it won't make even the slightest difference.

Let's be fair though, it isn't like it wants to appeal to the jet set, like the tesla. It aims more towards the more common people.

>FF electric
The point of Tesla is that they make interesting cars. The bolt is just point a to b in comparison. Of course Tesla's aren't miata but they are still something more than a necessity.

So why hasn't anyone designed an electric car with a removable battery? It already needs to be near the bottom for weight distribution, why not just have a robot that can swap out a dead battery with a fresh one? What's the engineering holdup on this?

That will solve a lot of problems
>quick "fill-up"
>longer battery life due to slower charge speed and better storage temperature/conditions
>reduce anxiety for the owner
what? $10.000 for a new battery?

The things stopping it are (in my opinion):
huge upfront investment (you'll need a lot batteries at "changing stations")
weird design problems
right now, the battery is part of the car's structure (for lower CG and to protect the highly volatile lithium based "bomb")

also, by doing that, you eliminate a lot of the range anxiety which will lead to a lot of people remaining stranded on the side of the road; AAA can bring a gallon or two of gas for you regular car; carrying a few batteries is a whole different animal

>Implying

>mom, you NEED to get me a rwd car. How else am I supposed to drift like takumi?

Tesla is like apple. People buy apple products for marketing reasons and not actual reasons.

Apple charges $400 to upgrade the ram speed.

Normies still buy the apple 'because its better for art'. whatever that even means?

Teslas are just 'cool science liberalism' badges.

The BMW i3 is a better vehicle than the Tesla meme mobiles.

>The BMW i3 is a better vehicle than the Tesla meme mobiles.

but common people want sex appeal to, they don't want a fucking uggo box
and let's be real here the bolt is straight up uggo, and boring uggo not different uggo

GM is the one getting BTFO, like usual

>bmw i3
are you fucking high
they're both yuppietier garbage

>it's not better because I don't like it
You've sure convinced me.

But Tesla doesn't advertise, how can people fall for marketing when there is no marketing?

Why do all electric cars look like trash? Other than the Tesla roadster. That looks ok, but only cause it's basically a lotus

>It doesn't show a (You)

Do people seriously not use Veeky Forums X or Clover? You people make me sick.

why does every electric car look like shit

The bolt is boring as fuck aside making cucks feel good it doesn't do anything that a corolla can't do. Most electric cars have to compete with full size sedans, entry-level luxury, boyracer shit and SUVs.
The model 3 will probably be a boring car but the average person will fall into the hype.

>Implying

>it doesn't do anything that a corolla can't do

It can drive 238 miles on electricity.

How is Tesla anything more than an A-B car?

That looks breddy gud, but why do they still feel like they have to make it look like a traditional car? I want to see some bonkers aerodynamic shit.

at least the panels line up.
oh wait, look at the doors.

because all cars looks like shit nowadays

i heard some bong said you can get a mercedes b class for 20000 bong money.

Why would you ever want to own this? You might as well be driving a boring ass Prius.

Hype and straight line acceleration